gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I would like to see:

1) Double flipper to kill animations and "get on with the game".

2) ball save for left scoop that works just like ball save from right saucer. These two ejects are equally dangerous. It doesn't make sense to ball save the right side but not the left.

3) When in a mode and stacking in the brothers pop up targets, out a hold on the main mode timer. The targets block the main mode shots causing you to usually lose your mode. Stacking should be a fun thing not a frustrating thing.

The code is really solid though. I hope these comments don't take away from how good of a job Dwight did on getting solid release code out the door. The game feels very complete as it sits.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I wish the video mode wasnt so slow. Be nice if it was a ghostbuster shooting the proton pack and bustin ghosts, the flippers could move the proton beam as ghosts flew past you.

Is there a video mode besides the selecting the negative reinforcement awards? If so I always just cash out at 250k or whatever. Who can be bothered with that stupid mini game.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about mass hysteria MB and the flipper inversions, question :
we've got it 5 times here
on 3 times flippers remain inversed during all the multiball, but on 2 times flippers gone inverted, than back in logical order for X seconds, than inverted again until the end of the MB... is this normal !?

The second thing happened to me. I'm not sure what determined if the flippers are reversed or not. Maybe it's part of it to keep you on your toes.

#15 7 years ago

I think the left captive lights add-a-ball and the left scoop collects it. The rules are really sweet so far. Several mini-wizard modes and multiple wizard modes it seems. Modes payout huge scores a lot like TWD in this regard. So far, these are the best non-Lyman rules Stern has put out in a few years. Dwight is showing how good he is.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Bugs I've noticed.
Sometimes on two player games it auto launches the ball for the next player. Has happened the most for player 2.
(Flipper launch and timed launch is disabled)
Also had it award score based extra ball on ball 3 for player 1 after draining, and bonus added up to over extra ball score.
Full slimer animation , callout etc.
But went right to player two.
Even though it said extra ball for player 1 it was not awarded.
Also had super jackpot light. After making a shot. And shot the jackpot ramp right away and it isn't awarded. Probably a timing issue.
Shot up the left ramp again and it awards no problem.
2 times so far on high scoring games, starting back off man the game has rebooted.

Almost all of your problems could be explained by some spurious switch hits in the game and no software bug.

1 week later
#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just contacted Stern to see when 1.05 will be released. Wish somebody could copy there 1.05 and make it available for us 1.04 guys but im not sure you can do that with spike system

You can image the entire sdcard

#48 7 years ago

I think mass hysteria mb is great the way it is. I purposely hit the captive ball as soon as possible to revert the flippers and then aim away from it. Lots less drains that way than if the flippers remain reversed.

Also I don't see a bug on the 100 insert. It seems to be working as intended. Once you have 100 ghosts then the inserts reset and mass hysteria starts. Perhaps if there's an adjustment to start mass hysteria at say 120 ghosts it would be more useful.

1 week later
#52 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

question :
about the TS Guide and the mystery award, 1st was thinking it gives you 1 (and only 1) of all the listed awards, by quickly choosing & than simply pressing the 2 flippers buttons, or just waiting for the last of that list if you wanna that one...
but in fact seems that ALL the listed awards are given, is this working as it was intended to, or its a bug !?

I think you should probably assume all the behaviors you see are as intended and not bugs then learn how to play the game using that as the rule set rather than expecting the rule set to be something it's not. I also don't think the ramp issue you reported on last post was a bug. There's a lot of interesting stuff in the code for the three ramp switches.

3 months later
#293 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's been months since any code update.. for a game as big as Ghostbusters, it really feels a bit abandoned already, with all the hype surrounded Batman '66 which hasnt even been shown in pictures yet. Pretty disappointing.

You can't really call a game abandoned when the code was released complete.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

OK, its quite good already, but its far from being complete & bug free...

It may not be bug free but it is complete (as in all the modes and wizard modes are there) . Stern has even said so. Scoring tweaks and things like this may never get changed and we don't know that the dev team didn't like it this way. None of the bugs are game breaking. If this game never gets an update again it's very solid code and a complete game. I plan to buy one once the playfield mess is sorted out. I've had a friends game in my house for a while so I am familiar with its state. The only reason people expect more updates is because other stern games were released with less completed code than this.

1 month later
#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Currently on the 1.10 code. I did notice there is a setting for the ball save time for AYAG multi-ball. Is this mode actually part of the game at this point? I was thinking that they have not put this particular mode in the game yet (Are you a God?). Any info would be great....

I believe that mode *is* in the game, yes. Game is complete albeit some bugs, some of which sound pretty serious.

3 weeks later
#424 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

GB is definitely fun, but you have to admit, WCWS is one of the worst wizard modes in history. It's literally a multiball with no objectives, strategy, unique dots, anything.

Sounds better than theatre of magic's wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
15,699 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.