gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please do something about the Proton pack targets. Make it worthwhile and difficult to light and hit those targets for some decent reward or MB.

I wish those gear targets were actual drop targets, like TWD. Maybe collect them towards building your super jackpot, or building to another multiball.

#185 7 years ago

Seriously ! Get rid of the Scoleri's during multiball, sucks they come up in the first place, but during multiball blows

#202 7 years ago

What I am finding that sucks ass with the current code is that during Storage Facility MB and also stacking Loopin' Supers, the Scoleri's constantly popping up blocks the ability to hit the left ramp and just screws you on that mode.

Those asswipes need to be disabled during multiball, or at least only come up once and then not again. So stupid. Starting SFMB will always end your ball and doesn't even score much, so it's almost pointless to start it in the first place.

A code update couldn't come sooner.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Good thing your Hobbit doesn't have anything like that popping up on the playfield.
Oh wait.......

Dude funny you say that, Hobbit's pop ups are awesome and I actually like how they are in the game, and how they are coded. That's a great example of how playfield pop ups should be designed and integrated into a playfield. The Scoleri's are shitty little drop targets that do nothing to add satisfying gameplay to GB, and only serve to piss you off and wonder why they were added to the game in the first place. Love GB, but the biggest design flaw in my mind are the Scoleri targets.

Please do not compare them to anything on the Hobbit lol

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Oh, I'll compare them. They essentially serve the same purpose, just like the Trolls in MM.
So it's amusing you condemn them on Ghostbusters, and praise them on Hobbit....you know...the game that can do no wrong.

I own both so I have experience with both machines, which I don't think you do?

The beast popups on Hobbit are way better then the stupid Scoleri's. Even the trolls on MM are better then using dumb plastic drop targets in the middle of the playfield.

I don't know how anyone can argue against that..

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'm glad you like your pop-ups on the Hobbit, because besides some drop targets, that's all you have to do with this $8,000 turd.

C'mon man, really. Let's see what's in your collection so I can talk some shit too

1 week later
#229 7 years ago

Anyone else a little surprised there has been no code updates for months, on such a big title like GB?

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not a bug, but kind of an annoyance. The left captive ball awards some important features like ball locks and lighting the playfield multipliers. When the captive ball inserts are lit sold, you need one more shot to make them start blinking. Usually the shot after they are blinking grants the award. However some items like the playfield multipliers require looping all the captive balls. So it's a bit misleading when it's blinking and you think hitting it will give the award, but you get nothing instead. I have not watched the DMD or checked instanf ingo to see if it says how many hits left to award whatever.
Perhaps the awards should not blink until they are ready to award on the next shot? It's just a thought...
Rob

I hate how the captive ball thing works, including needing to hit them for an add a ball.

There is no clear indication on how to get awards with them either, come to think of it- I've never lit the multipliers a single time using the captive balls after a few hundred games. Definitely needs some changes there IMO.

#244 7 years ago

When I start Spook Central I just catch the ball with the left flipper and hold it- which stops the hurry up timer- and back hand the left ramp which usually locks in the 15,xxx,xxx point hurry up. Never had a problem doing it that way.

2 weeks later
#271 7 years ago

It's been months since any code update.. for a game as big as Ghostbusters, it really feels a bit abandoned already, with all the hype surrounded Batman '66 which hasnt even been shown in pictures yet. Pretty disappointing.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You're such a newbie. If you really knew Stern, you'd realize code updates can take the better part of a year or longer sometimes to materialize.
Oh, but I forgot....you just like to shoot off at the handle and bash Stern any chance you get.

Is that what you classify as 'bashing' ?

Bashing is what you do when there is a JJP thread. Just look at your posting history, you talk so much shit about Jack and JJP you could start a fertilizer business.

1 week later
#306 7 years ago

Anyone else hate it when getting an extra ball during Storage Facility multiball, and it plays the light show and extra ball animation? Seems like bug, should just show the animation and not affect the lights. Kind of annoying.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Purple is an easy color to pull off with RGB LEDs, like Art said, its just a bug in the code.

Yeah, especially considering there's already purple in the game.. I think with the River of Slime award at the right scoop. It's a bug in the game for sure, should be purple shots and not white.

#322 7 years ago

This 1.10 code update has more bugs then 1.05. I'll probably revert back to 1.05. Truly shows they did little to no play testing on it. My Slimer doesn't register properly, the E light from the PKE lanes keeps flickering, dumb timer sound, delayed scoop firing from both scoop shots, etc.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been thinking about a solution that would make the Scoleri Bros more important to gameplay. What if in addition to lighting a Super Jackpot, completing Scoleri also lit the 2X multiplier target by the left ramp. A 2X playfield multiplier would actually make it meaningful and would actually encourage you to complete it during multi-ball rather than avoid it. The 3X would still have to be lit via the captive balls on the left. Thoughts?

I like that idea.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'd like the 2x if you knocked them both down in succession.

Or a timer that gives you 3x if you can knock them both in 5 seconds, 2x if it's within 8 seconds, and no multiplier if after 10 seconds, or something to that effect. It would add urgency to getting them down and a rewarding feeling for hitting them, vs just being a pain in the ass with very little payoff (but a lot of risk in the shots)

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Noticed with 1.10 code that while in multiball, if you hit the subway scoop, the ball save light comes on but is not honored. Either it should save one ball, or not light. (nitpick bug)

Yep that bug has been there for a while.

Version 1.10 is so littered with bugs, seems Dwight is over worked and Stern has him working on too many things. 6 months to give us a code update, and it's a complete turd.

2 weeks later
#396 7 years ago

Here's a suggestion: They release a code update that doesnt bring on new bugs, and actually adds more callouts. The code feels lazy, and the same call outs used over and over again get very repetitive. There is no excuse to leave 1.10 up with this many bugs, including freezes and flickering lights.. especially for a machine that costs what it does.

There are so many glitches and other questionable code bugs that this is the last time i'll ever buy a NIB game so close to release, its ridiculous. I wont even go on about my sorry playfield with chipping and ghosting that I have yet to hear anything about a replacement.

1 month later
#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have only completed 2 ladders, but not 3. I wish there was more to even the WCWS multiball other than just shooting shots for points.
Rob

GB is definitely fun, but you have to admit, WCWS is one of the worst wizard modes in history. It's literally a multiball with no objectives, strategy, unique dots, anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.