gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider air_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I know it will never happen but I wish they would replace the video mode with something else altogether, it has to be in the running for the worst video mode ever, as its completely random and not skill based at all its just annoying. I skip it every time now.

Kinda like guessing cards in in real life?

1 week later
#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

1.05 is the latest, which isn't even posted on the website any more for the pro.
Rob

Sure it is.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-ghostbusters-pro

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What I am finding that sucks ass with the current code is that during Storage Facility MB and also stacking Loopin' Supers, the Scoleri's constantly popping up blocks the ability to hit the left ramp and just screws you on that mode.
Those asswipes need to be disabled during multiball, or at least only come up once and then not again. So stupid. Starting SFMB will always end your ball and doesn't even score much, so it's almost pointless to start it in the first place.
A code update couldn't come sooner.

Good thing your Hobbit doesn't have anything like that popping up on the playfield.

Oh wait.......

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious if that Vigo character/picture from the second movie anywhere in the game or dmd animations?
If not it would be kind of cool to have something in there somewhere since the whole second movie was centered around him. Code be in a code update or some sort of mod.

Unfortunately, no. There is very little from part II on the game. The Scoleri Brothers, the Pneumatic Train Station, and the River of Slime DMD animation. If you get the Yeti side decals, the Titanic is on that.

Some of us will be putting Bobby Brown's "On Our Own" into the game via Pinball Browser. Perhaps some Vigo lines could be added as well.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is a major bummer, you would think maybe it could be added in future code update. Maybe some sort of dmd animation of the Vigo picture talking or perhaps make him another ghost in the Ecto googles with some dialogue. Just thinking out loud....
Yeah, on our own is a must add as well!

One can hope. It's been mentioned elsewhere on Pinside that Tradeau and Dwight were focusing on the first movie, but anything is possible.

I might add some pink slime mods if they become available. Just little things to help balance it out.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude funny you say that, Hobbit's pop ups are awesome and I actually like how they are in the game, and how they are coded. That's a great example of how playfield pop ups should be designed and integrated into a playfield. The Scoleri's are shitty little drop targets that do nothing to add satisfying gameplay to GB, and only serve to piss you off and wonder why they were added to the game in the first place. Love GB, but the biggest design flaw in my mind are the Scoleri targets.
Please do not compare them to anything on the Hobbit lol

Oh, I'll compare them. They essentially serve the same purpose, just like the Trolls in MM.

So it's amusing you condemn them on Ghostbusters, and praise them on Hobbit....you know...the game that can do no wrong.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I own both so I have experience with both machines, which I don't think you do?
The beast popups on Hobbit are way better then the stupid Scoleri's. Even the trolls on MM are better then using dumb plastic drop targets in the middle of the playfield.
I don't know how anyone can argue against that..

I'm glad you like your pop-ups on the Hobbit, because besides some drop targets, that's all you have to do with this $8,000 turd.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

C'mon man, really. Let's see what's in your collection so I can talk some shit too

I've played both Hobbit and Ghostbusters, so I feel confident in knowing which one I prefer.

Past games I've owned include Star Trek (2013) and T2.

I have a fondness for Tron as well.

I'm always on the lookout for Log Cabin, the first coin-operated pinball game from 1901. I want it setting next to my Ghostbusters.

Attack away!

40840347_1_x (resized).jpg40840347_1_x (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#273 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's been months since any code update.. for a game as big as Ghostbusters, it really feels a bit abandoned already, with all the hype surrounded Batman '66 which hasnt even been shown in pictures yet. Pretty disappointing.

You're such a newbie. If you really knew Stern, you'd realize code updates can take the better part of a year or longer sometimes to materialize.

Oh, but I forgot....you just like to shoot off at the handle and bash Stern any chance you get.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Is that what you classify as 'bashing' ?
Bashing is what you do when there is a JJP thread. Just look at your posting history, you talk so much shit about Jack and JJP you could start a fertilizer business.

I'll call it "KPG Fertilizer", the best shit on Earth!

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why does Stern with what 4-6 programmers take forever to release code updates? I don't get it...One would think that Stern would be cranking out the updates but that isn't the case.
Personally I think Sterns programmers are shifted to other projects too quickly and not given the proper amount of time to create a deep and unique ruleset for most games.

Of course. That's why there is long delays between code updates.

But long delays doesn't automatically mean abandonment.

2 weeks later
#332 7 years ago
Quoted from hanst:

We found a strange behaviour tonight, it started with that my two sons (8 and 6) was playing our gb premium and I was in the kitchen. Suddenly I hear a extremely loud scream. I ask the guys what happened and they told me that they shot the ball in the right scoop and everything on the game died, no light and no flippers then the dmd displayed an animation of the librarian ghost from the first film and what I heard the volume must have been on max. Then the ball shoots out of the scoop and the game continue.
Have anyone seen this behaviour before? Because I didn't see it myself, I just heard it.

It's a new feature. Mentioned a few times in other threads.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider air_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas?tu=air_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.