gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

+1 please amend the flippers reversing with captive ball or at least allow options to amend it. Really kills the game for a skilled or tournament player. Seems so
unfair.

+ another to this. We finally have a GB on location, and I made it Mass Hysteria. The first time it went back to normal flippers during MH, ball save was still on, so no big deal. But when it reverted back, there was no visual or audio warning, and I lost all three balls in the lower playfield area. Thankfully had another ball in the pops, so I got to keep playing. But this was VERY frustrating.

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

WCWS we came we saw, the "mini" wizard mode when compleeting 1 of the 3 ladders
1st time is/seems 2 balls MB
2nd time is/seems 3 balls MB

I believe this is incorrect. I think the # of balls in WCWS is based on the # of modes in the ladder you just completed. Each time I've completed the left scoop ladder, my WCWS was only 2 balls (to start off, prior to any add a ball). And when I completed the right orbit ladder, it was 4 balls for WCWS. I'm pretty sure about this, but not 100%.

I think it's a good nuance -- the WCWS for completing the right orbit ladder is MUCH harder than the 2 modes on the L scoop.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i see more this as something wanted by Dwight
to makes you to play more tactical and yes, shooting the mode to have the last shoot being in 1 of the 3 ladders and than have the next mode directly begin...

Correct. Definitely not a bug. The same effect applies to all 3 ladders, and requires more intentional shot-making if you want to instantly start your next mode, and also if you want to continue on a particular ladder.

I think it's a fantastic gameplay/ code feature.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I think you have a switch that is accidentally triggering. I have seen this on a routed GB, but I am 90% sure it thinks a ball is in play and stops video mode.

I've seen the same thing on a local GB on location. I had video mode call outs going during WCWS.
I started looping the L ramp, and Bill Murray was telling me, "Only 75 more to go." Ha!

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I think you have a switch that is accidentally triggering. I have seen this on a routed GB, but I am 90% sure it thinks a ball is in play and stops video mode.

I've seen the same thing on a local GB on location. I had video mode call outs going during WCWS.
I started looping the L ramp, and Bill Murray was telling me, "Only 75 more to go." Ha!

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

- get to marshmallow man mode, only 2 shots left before slimer starts to move up and down
- mode times out.
- start mode again, hit both shots, slimers starts to move
- ball drains

Huh? That's weird. On the GB I play, Stay Puft mode doesn't involve Slimer toy at all.
Are you talking about the 4th mode on the R orbit mode ladder?

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

After hitting all the shots in ballroom, the slimer toy starts to move up and down - correct?
But the real issue is the mode state being saved and restored properly when a mode times out (or ball drains) and then mode restart later in game.

Yes, you're correct. I like how Ballroom mode uses the Slimer going up/down in the later phases of the mode -- it's a good implementation of the toy.

I've noticed that GB modes save state differently. I think that for the most part, the early mode(s) of each ladder save exact state of the mode. Ex: Spook Central, if you made it into the collect phase and collected two of the four shots before draining, restarting the mode will put you back into the collect phase with the 2 shots remaining.

In later modes, it seems to save state at the beginning of the mode's phase that you were in. Ex: Gozer the Gozarian, if you made it to the 2nd hurry-up's build phase, with 3 shots lit, and you shoot 2 of 3 before draining... when you restart the mode, you'll be back at the beginning of the 2nd phase with all 3 build shots lit and required to shoot.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Spooked Librarian lights the spinner insert red for ramping up the super jackpot scores (100,000 per rotation I think). So you could start the mode and maybe ignore the blue shots, concentrating on the spinner to increase super jackpot scoring. I really need to pay attention more and see if the values carry over from ball to ball or not.

Spooked librarian spinner is small potatoes on increasing the super. He Slimed Me and Gozer the Gozarian are where it's at. Check out your SJP value after THOSE modes.

The SJP value carries from ball to ball if you haven't yet collected a SJP. As soon as you do, when you drain the current ball, SJP is back to 1M.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Storage facility multiball and Scoleri brothers just don't mix well.

THIS. x1000

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a scoring bug with the Terror Dog hurry up scoring. I just played a game, shot the Terror Dog hurry up (right ramp) and the points it gave me: 00

Nice. Yeah, I once had my final collect on Stay Puft mode (the final hurry-up) register a whopping 00. I actually wouldn't mind if this stayed in the code to mock the player -- I certainly bricked enough shots to that easy R orbit to justify getting mocked by the game.

I have faith in Dwight. Just keep reminding yourself that patience is a virtue.
And remember that in Stern games from not that long ago, early code was NOWHERE NEAR this developed.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

SF Multiball scoring is terrible. The jackpot you get for capturing all the ghosts is peanuts at about 5 million. Scoleri targets and slimer contribute nothing to the multiball itself.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get much out of SFMB. Since the scoring was so low, I went the strategic route of trying to use the MB to increase the chances of advancing past difficult modes. But since modes are timed, and the Scoleri Bros ruin every SFMB, I found that playing a mode during SFMB is HARDER than playing it in single ball play. Ugh.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Loopin Supers-
Needs to take precedent over everything. It totally sucks ass when you start loopin supers, hit a loop, and the ball diverts over to the kickout hole instead of back to the right flipper. You also shouldn't be able to start loopers during multiball.

I guess I don't mind Loopin Supers starting during MB or vice versa. I like the stackability.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Install an option for ball save from spooked librarian kickout. It's as big a problem as the right kickout on some games.

Definitely. I've asked for this as well. The left kickout is MUCH worse than the right.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

neg reinforcement - it's lame get rid of it or radically change it

At first I liked it because it's a great use of the Negative Reinforcment scene from the movie. But after playing the video mode a few times, it grew stale.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any news on when the next code update for GB is coming out?

But you already know the answer to that: "Stay tuned." hahaha

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I was awarded 1.2bil on Gozer Hurry up

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

if you fail to hit the left ramp.

Play better!
Even better: when you start it over, the collect shots are still at their lowest value possible (the locked in hurry-up value holds between mode plays)

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think all multiballs should start with add-a-ball lit at the scoop and of course it can be re-qualified with the captive balls.

I think that would be too easy, and also likely result in many AAB's happening too **early** (when you still have ball save going, and another ball really doesn't help). It's better to get your AAB after initial ball save has expired, and when you don't still have 3-4 balls in play.

Quoted from Rob_G:

SFMB is much more enjoyable with a longer ball save.

This is a great idea. Only being able to play it on location, I'm stuck with factory defaults.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Why is Tobin's disabled during the scenes? I think it should still be enabled.

I agree. But it does force you into some interesting shot sequence choices by having it the way it is. Maybe it's disabled due to the basket of awards not always being applicable to mid-mode game state?

Quoted from Rob_G:

Loopin Supers... These score what the current super jackpot value is so this is something that has potential for mega scores. Maybe these should score fixed jackpots instead, like 5 million per shot?

Strongly disagree. This is one the best strategic scoring aspects of the game: how to increase your SJP value, and then setting yourself up to cash it in on Loopin Supers, and not too early on a rogue one-off single SJP.

Quoted from Rob_G:

We got one! Do the shots always need to be the same?

This applies to the vast majority of modern pinball modes. Given the variety of how mode shots and sequence work between GB's modes, I don't have an issue with this.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Hope to see some new code soon!

Me too!

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's 3 ball stacks just to light add-a-ball. No wonder I never light the damn thing. How about add-a-ball lights after 1 ball stack and subsequent ball stacks adds to the number of balls added when collected? Or at least a setting to change the difficulty of the ball stack rules.
Rob

I'm assuming by "stacks" you mean that you had to shoot the left captive ball 9 times!?! (3 stacks of 3 shots each?)
I agree that this is far too many shots. I think it's buggy or inconsistent. I recall times where I've only had to hit the left captive ball a couple times, and AAB was then lit at the scoop. And then there are other times where I've completed a "stack" of the three captive balls, and it's done nothing!

I only play GB on location, so I don't have benefit to take glass off and test how the captive ball and its insert lights state (solid/blinking) behave. Can you do some glass off testing and shed light on it?

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe I just suck at SFMB...

^^ says everyone. Current implementation of SFMB is too difficult imho, and not much fun.
Only helpful to me for:
1) Taking advantage of the multi-ball with ball-save running to collect:
- as many ghosts as possible
- PKE value from switch hits if I have PKE Frenzy stacked with it.

2) If I have Loopin Supers running, and get fortunate enough to have only one ball on R flipper with 1-2 on L flipper, AND the Left Scoleri brother in down position.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.