gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Thats been my fear with Stern releasing more "complete" coded games at launch. While every insert does something in Ghostbusters the game still feels shallow at times. The game could use more callouts from both films, more rules for the Slimer mech (Slimer multiball!) and premium features should have more code written for them then what is currently there.

What does the librarian insert do? Is it part of Ready To Believe You?

Rob

#402 7 years ago

Idea: During the scenes when the timer is just about to run out, making a successful shot will add a few seconds back to the timer. The time added can be adjustable in the settings from 0-5 seconds. There can even be a threshold where if the timer is greater than 5 seconds (adjustable) where no time is added.

Rob

#403 7 years ago

I wouldn't mind some kind of ball save for the premium/LE if the right ramp return drops the ball down the left outlane, I've seen that on a couple separate machines.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I wouldn't mind some kind of ball save for the premium/LE if the right ramp return drops the ball down the left outlane, I've seen that on a couple separate machines.

A light nudge as it is coming down the habitrail is enough to save it, at least on mine.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

He was stuck all the way left and wouldn't move to he right at all. I rebooted and he moved all the way to the right. In the test, he moved to the left but got stuck all he way to the left. I'm guessing opto?

For those concerned, a connector was loose. All is good in slimers world.

2 weeks later
#406 7 years ago

I wish there were more rules for the spinner. It's a fun shot to make, but I feel like I'm ALWAYS stuck on level 1. In contrast, I love the spinner on GoT.

Rob

#407 7 years ago

Currently on the 1.10 code. I did notice there is a setting for the ball save time for AYAG multi-ball. Is this mode actually part of the game at this point? I was thinking that they have not put this particular mode in the game yet (Are you a God?). Any info would be great....

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Currently on the 1.10 code. I did notice there is a setting for the ball save time for AYAG multi-ball. Is this mode actually part of the game at this point? I was thinking that they have not put this particular mode in the game yet (Are you a God?). Any info would be great....

I believe that mode *is* in the game, yes. Game is complete albeit some bugs, some of which sound pretty serious.

#409 7 years ago

I saw a bug today. No idea if this has been reported before.

I shot the ball into the video Mode scoop. Started the original video mode, but the ball shook loose of the scoop. Game didn't know what to do, it did one ball save then drained. Flippers were dead.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I believe that mode *is* in the game, yes. Game is complete albeit some bugs, some of which sound pretty serious.

Ok cool.... guess it will be awhile before I ever see this one. I'm assuming that it would be something along the lines of completing all the ladders... ha!!! Thanks for the info.

Quoted from Russell:

I shot the ball into the video Mode scoop. Started the original video mode, but the ball shook loose of the scoop. Game didn't know what to do, it did one ball save then drained. Flippers were dead.

I have had a similar bug with the negative reinforcement award. My game actually got stuck after choosing the video mode and just sat there wouldn't accept any kind of input from the flipper buttons. I had to put the game into service mode for a second then popped back out and the game started working just fine. I've noticed that the new 1.11 code is supposed to address this but I've heard others having problems on the new code as well. I think I'm going to put the 1.11 on there tonight and give it a shot fingers crossed....

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Thats been my fear with Stern releasing more "complete" coded games at launch. While every insert does something in Ghostbusters the game still feels shallow at times. The game could use more callouts from both films, more rules for the Slimer mech (Slimer multiball!) and premium features should have more code written for them then what is currently there.

Games released with incomplete code...how can Stern do this? Games released with close to complete code...how can Stern do this? Damned if you do and Damned if you dont. It's a no win situation for these poor programmers.

#412 7 years ago

Noticed this bug in 1.11, haven't tried it on older versions:

The ball save timer for the subway eject will override & replace the standard ball save timer. For example, let's say that the game's main ball save timer is set to 30 seconds, and the subway eject's is set to 2 seconds. Shoot the subway immediately on launching the ball as your skillshot. When it ejects, you'll now only have a 2 second ball save, losing whatever time was remaining on the 30 second ball save.

Also, I know it's pretty common feedback that the extra ball animation could be shorter. It is pretty frustrating to get an extra ball during a multi ball or while a single ball is in play... when the GI turns off for the light show that's associated with the animation, it makes keeping the ball in play nearly impossible. If the animation has to stay the same, please remove the light show when balls are in play... or at the very least keep the GI on.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Yeah, that one is known too I think. It's the same as getting a tilt warning when the video mode starts. It ejects the ball, but the video mode continues.

Rob

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

The ball save timer for the subway eject will override & replace the standard ball save timer. For example, let's say that the game's main ball save timer is set to 30 seconds, and the subway eject's is set to 2 seconds. Shoot the subway immediately on launching the ball as your skillshot. When it ejects, you'll now only have a 2 second ball save, losing whatever time was remaining on the 30 second ball save.

This happens in the older versions too. I set my subway ball save timer to 5 seconds.. Those extra 2 seconds have saved my bacon plenty of times!

Rob

1 week later
#415 7 years ago

Started WCWS on through the left ladder and no callouts during the animation. Happened in 2 games. During one game I started a second WCWS through right ladder and callouts for WCWS were present.

#416 7 years ago

1.11 code seems to always display "Total Score: 69" after PKE Frenzy (which never had a total score display prior).

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Ok cool.... guess it will be awhile before I ever see this one. I'm assuming that it would be something along the lines of completing all the ladders... ha!!! Thanks for the info.

Completing all the ladders is supposed to be WRTBY (which from the one video I've seen of it looks really incomplete; dunno if it's more complete in the current code). AYAG therefore is probably some superset of unknown requirements.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Completing all the ladders is supposed to be WRTBY (which from the one video I've seen of it looks really incomplete; dunno if it's more complete in the current code). AYAG therefore is probably some superset of unknown requirements.

I have only completed 2 ladders, but not 3. I wish there was more to even the WCWS multiball other than just shooting shots for points.

Rob

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have only completed 2 ladders, but not 3. I wish there was more to even the WCWS multiball other than just shooting shots for points.
Rob

WARTBY : yes its a bit different, as you have to makes shoots including to lock 2 balls in scoops

AYAG : still ???

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

GB is definitely fun, but you have to admit, WCWS is one of the worst wizard modes in history. It's literally a multiball with no objectives, strategy, unique dots, anything.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

GB is definitely fun, but you have to admit, WCWS is one of the worst wizard modes in history. It's literally a multiball with no objectives, strategy, unique dots, anything.

I wonder if in a tournament a good player might be able to trap a ball on the left flipper and just keep raping the left ramp with the right flipper? Start WCWS on the easiest ladder which is the left scoop. Each consecutive shot increases the value of the points awarded and I don't know where it stops. It sounds cheesy as heck to play that way.

While WCWS is very basic, it's still complete in a sense (same as SFMB). Will it ever be more than it is? I have no idea... There's quite a few things in the game I wish were expanded upon and given more rules.

Rob

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if in a tournament a good player might be able to trap a ball on the left flipper and just keep raping the left ramp with the right flipper? Start WCWS on the easiest ladder which is the left scoop. Each consecutive shot increases the value of the points awarded and I don't know where it stops. It sounds cheesy as heck to play that way.
While WCWS is very basic, it's still complete in a sense (same as SFMB). Will it ever be more than it is? I have no idea... There's quite a few things in the game I wish were expanded upon and given more rules.
Rob

already tried that more than few times, it never last long...
but do i'm a quite good player enough !? seems not lol

but of course you're right, the WCWS need some (minor) adjustements, for example after X shots in a same lane, that lane became OFF, and when all lanes are made that way, it goes all ON again

#423 7 years ago

<<It sounds cheesy as heck to play that way.>>

In that case Tourny players have been cheesing it up for years by exploiting loop holes in the code and playing like robots to win their little trophies. I hate that! But I do hope GB gets a much needed polish in most aspects. Are Stern employees on vacation or something? Wtf

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sounds better than theatre of magic's wizard mode.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

MHMB is a let down as well. From what I can tell once you have completed all the shots one time they just reset and you do it again, also resets your flippers back to reversed if you had managed to set them back to normal. So much potential for this code.

#426 7 years ago

Sorry if this has been stated already, but didn't feel like reading all the posts...

BUG - finished the left ramp ladder and had We Came, We Saw, We Kicked it's Ass lit and flashing at me to hit the left ramp - - the left scoop had Add-A-Ball already lit even though I had not started WCWSWKIA yet. I accidentally flipped it into the left scoop before starting the mode and that started the wizard mode and did the Add-A-Ball right away. I would assume that add-a-ball should not be lit until after you actually start the mode...

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry if this has been stated already, but didn't feel like reading all the posts...
BUG - finished the left ramp ladder and had We Came, We Saw, We Kicked it's Ass lit and flashing at me to hit the left ramp - - the left scoop had Add-A-Ball already lit even though I had not started WCWSWKIA yet. I accidentally flipped it into the left scoop before starting the mode and that started the wizard mode and did the Add-A-Ball right away. I would assume that add-a-ball should not be lit until after you actually start the mode...

Add a ball seems to be awarded sometimes when finishing a ladder. It has happened to me several times on the library ladder.

#428 7 years ago

already reported and explained why (to my own experience) :

than again, this seems to happend when you have missed an "add-a-ball" activated in a precedent multiball...

2 months later
#429 7 years ago

Maybe they could have it where the game counts down to a valuable award (extra ball, hold bonus ect.) for every River of Slime award collected. After the train animation, the display could read something like "[insert award here] at [number of River awards remaining]".

2 months later
#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Last night I had a very strange bug happen to me. I had completed " who brought the dog " and started " Spook Central " and was on stage one of spook central which is the single shot to the left ramp. I made the shot which should then move to stage 2 of spook central ( 4 other shots ) but instead the first mode of the left ramp " We Got One " started!! Very strange, have never seen this before, at first I thought maybe spook central had timed out but that wouldn't have left mode start available, would have needed slimer to re-light mode start. Anyone else had this happen or can think of a way this could happen other than a code bug?

Just had this happen to me again, 3 times its happened but this time I was a bit more aware of what was going on, that is I managed to start ' we got one!' when ' spook central ' was running, both modes definitely running simultaneously.

Is this a known issue?

#431 6 years ago

no

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Just had this happen to me again, 3 times its happened but this time I was a bit more aware of what was going on, that is I managed to start ' we got one!' when ' spook central ' was running, both modes definitely running simultaneously.
Is this a known issue?

Yes, it's been reported a few times. I've seen it before as well. It's frustrating because it screws up Spook Central.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yes, it's been reported a few times. I've seen it before as well. It's frustrating because it screws up Spook Central.

Actually, it was still awarding the Spook Central shots when I got this too (not sure there were added to the score but I added the spook central animations running on the DMD when making shots)

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Mmmm...Rock City on KISS is pretty close to that. Except for the "ROCK CITY" graphic, there's not much there.

#435 6 years ago

pretty poor that the rumour of the code being complete seems true atleast in the medium term. GB is an epic game let down by the code.

7 months later
#436 6 years ago

I have an issue with the left scoop. During multiball, when extra ball and add a ball are lit,
Ill shoot into the left scoop and it will fire the ball back into play without giving me either award. I hit it in there 3 times during multiball last game and each time it shot it back out without adding a ball or awarding extra ball. The switch works fine in switch test, and clearly the switch is registering because it kicks the ball out almost immediately, no ball search. This has happened probably a half dozen times altogether, not every time.
Anyone else experience this? 1.13 code version.
Thanks!

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

The switch works fine in switch test, and clearly the switch is registering because it kicks the ball out almost immediately, no ball search.

I am almost sure this is the switch. This is common behavior on many Sterns. Trust me, adjust the switch even though you don't think it is the switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-not-awarding-mystery

#438 6 years ago

Thanks imharrow, i read that thread and will go adjust the switch. I played half a dozen games after posting this last night and it worked fine every time, gave the award as it should. Its an infrequent occurence, but always seems to occur during multiball. Hoping the adjustment will get rid of it altogether. Will post results.

#439 6 years ago

Issue resolved. Adjusting the switch and found one of the screws that hold the switch in place was backed out just enough to allow a little bit of movement which must have been keeping the switch from registering sometimes. Tightened it up and multiple games since with no problems.
I still dont understand why it was shooting the ball right back out without giving the award.... the game knew the ball was in there, but I suppose as long as its working now Im good. Thanks imharrow for the advice

#440 6 years ago

Can someone confirm the overly bright flashers on the left ramp and backboard during PKE frenzy so I know it's the software?
Pro model.

It seems I have it every time during PKE frenzy (thought first it was only in specific situations). All flashers test correct individual in testmode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.