Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DavidPinballWizz
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pke (resized).JPG
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
Image 9-24-16 at 12.12 PM (resized).jpg
625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg
gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Does anyone know what causes the Facemelter screaming lady animation to activate? It scared the crap out of my the first time I saw it! The scream is so loud and unaffected by how loud you have the volume. It seams to happen about every 50 plays or so and I can't make heads or tales of what triggers it?

Every 10th post is going to be about this. Random scare mode. You can turn it off in the settings.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every 10th post is going to be about this. Random scare mode. You can turn it off in the settings.

Awesome, thanks for the info

#353 3 years ago

was thinking of this tonight (...) :

- librarian still not programed : may be i could understand its hard to go for another mini-mode in the left scoop, as there's already lots of things there, as not only it must be harder to code (lots of "if...than"), but for sure we could get a very long "stop & go" in that saucer if all is lit : mode+eb+tobin+librarian

- as reported by some, the 2 videos mode in the right scoop are a bit strange, as ESP is on the insert (not "dont cross the streams"), and only ESP shoul be there

idea :

as the "dont cross the streams" is another fun/nice video mode (must keep it), this could be used with the librarian insert : "dont cross the streams at the librarian"

and to avoid a possible long "stop & start" as said above, this could be only available at start of the game, ball 1, and as a skillshot at left scoop, in replacement of getting the start scene (or tobin's sometimes !? not sure now with new mode working)

of course, to make people wanna aim for it, may be it should gave more points...

#354 3 years ago

Don't cross the streams could be awarded after Defeating Stay Puft. Hit the right orbit, ball gets trapped, play the VM and then WCWS is qualified.

As for Librarian, I've been starting a MB after completing that ladder. Not sure why but maybe it is this? Just speculating.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as reported by some, the 2 videos mode in the right scoop are a bit strange, as ESP is on the insert (not "dont cross the streams"), and only ESP shoul be there

I completely agree and said it earlier myself. DCTS should be awarded elsewhere because it just doesn't fit in with the ESP insert.

Rob

#356 3 years ago

than here're 2 possibilities above, the one from Taylor cool too (in fact better than mine, but than we'll still get the damned librarian insert for nothing)

about the MB at left ladder, no, its simply the WCWS MB

#357 3 years ago

Is the first WCWS only supposed to be 2 balls? I'm getting more than that on my game...

I played a game before work this morning and finished spooked librarian in only 2 shots? That doesn't seem quite right..

I think the easier rules are going to be ok for some people, but not everyone will like the defaults. I thought about setting mode timeout completion to no, but maybe leaving the mode continue on for next ball. It seems like a good compromise.

Rob

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is the first WCWS only supposed to be 2 balls? I'm getting more than that on my game...
I played a game before work this morning and finished spooked librarian in only 2 shots? That doesn't seem quite right..
I think the easier rules are going to be ok for some people, but not everyone will like the defaults. I thought about setting mode timeout completion to no, but maybe leaving the mode continue on for next ball. It seems like a good compromise.
Rob

Are the number of balls in WCWS dependent on which ladder you complete? (2 balls for Spooked librarian, 3 for We got one, 4 for Who let the Dog, etc?). I've made the mistake numerous times during Spooked Librarian of automatically starting a mode like "We Got One" while thinking that I was progressing the SL mode but completing it in like 2 shots?

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Are the number of balls in WCWS dependent on which ladder you complete? (2 balls for Spooked librarian, 3 for We got one, 4 for Who let the Dog, etc?). I've made the mistake numerous times during Spooked Librarian of automatically starting a mode like "We Got One" while thinking that I was progressing the SL mode but completing it in like 2 shots?

Yes. I believe the number of balls in WCWS is dependent upon the ladder you complete.

#360 3 years ago

He Slimed Me.... The orbit shots when lit should not be blue since they are different function than the left ramp.

Rob

#361 3 years ago

yes about MB on ladders : 2 on left, than 3 central, and 4 on the right

but again, dont forget another already bug i've noticed (in the last code) : if you have lighted & missed a "add-a-ball" from the STORAGE FACILITY MB, you will get 1 ball more in WCWS :/

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I thought about setting mode timeout completion to no, but maybe leaving the mode continue on for next ball

it is

#363 3 years ago

I've noticed sometimes after a ball ends, the next one will autolaunch. Trying to figure out what triggers it, if it's from holding both flipper from the ball before or what. Doesn't do it all the time.

#364 3 years ago

about the P K E skillshot, and what have been said, here's another cool suggestion, as not evbd is aiming for upper lanes (even if in some cases it could be more than a good idea) :

make it simple, rewards are all about + X multiplier, 1 3 or 5

pke (resized).JPG

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've noticed sometimes after a ball ends, the next one will autolaunch. Trying to figure out what triggers it, if it's from holding both flipper from the ball before or what. Doesn't do it all the time.

Not sure if it is related, but occasionally I shut off the game when there are a ball or two captured at the library shot. Turning the machine on doesn't release them, but starting a new game releases them and then the first ball autolaunches. This is on 1.05 code. Maybe something similar happening here?

I can' remember for sure, but I think there is also a flipper launch setting in adjustments, maybe yours is turned on?

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure if it is related, but occasionally I shut off the game when there are a ball or two captured at the library shot. Turning the machine on doesn't release them, but starting a new game releases them and then the first ball autolaunches. This is on 1.05 code. Maybe something similar happening here?
I can' remember for sure, but I think there is also a flipper launch setting in adjustments, maybe yours is turned on?

This is a known bug and I don't know if it was fixed in 1.10 (probably not).

Rob

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about the P K E skillshot, and what have been said, here's another cool suggestion, as not evbd is aiming for upper lanes (even if in some cases it could be more than a good idea) :
make it simple, rewards are all about + X multiplier, 1 3 or 5

The top lane rollover skillshot is about the only way most people will ever light the playfield multipliers other than a random award. I wouldn't take that away. The E skillshot boosting the SJ by a measly 3 million points is something I never, ever go for. Now if it was a boost SJ value by 50% or doubling it (or a random type boost, lower SJ value = higher boost chance), then it might be more interesting. SJ values starting at only 1 million kind of sucks because outside of scenes I'm not sure how it increases. Maybe set the P skill shot to a random 2,3, 4 or 5 (10 rare) bonus x increase?

Rob

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The E skillshot boosting the SJ by a measly 3 million points is something I never, ever go for. Now if it was a boost SJ value by 50% or doubling it (or a random type boost, lower SJ value = higher boost chance), then it might be more interesting.

I agree, but I am torn about SJ values. I am not sure how big it needs to be to be worth it. It is funny because Scoleri Brothers are not worthwhile early because SJ is too low. At 12M with the skill shot it is still not worth it. But make it +5M and I consider taking it and playing Scoleri and pushing for looping supers.

+3M is better than many of the lower playfield when a mode is running. Award super is much worst. 10% score, award Tobin and light ESP are all nothing (because of bugs). That leaves only +1 spinner which I have no idea of it's value. So +3M is often the 3rd best choice.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

nah, it happens on ball 2 and 3.

#370 3 years ago

OK about PKE skillshot, lets admit the "prob" is actually the SJ being too low...

now, my idea still can work, as alternatively on each ball, the PKE could give (as said above) :

+3X / +1X / +5X

and next ball we will have the PF multipliers available :

X3 lit / X2 lit / X3+X2 lit

and so on... it could be very nice from a tactic point of view, depending on how the game is going

#371 3 years ago

just get another "new" bug (for me)

completed all the scenes at central ladder, than the light didnt worked as usual (arrow lighting) to invite me to shoot the ramp, all was blinking at the same time

i shoot the ramp, ball finish in the right scoop, sound sample said "we came we saw... "

than a small break as software was lost !? than a second time the sound sample WCWS, and only after the MB began

#372 3 years ago

the more i'm playing the more i'm noticing NEW bugs/probs since last update
i'm tired to post here and feeling nothing is really moving
this is just BS, time has come to really think saying goodbye to my GB
what a mess

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

what a mess
» YouTube video

You just never know with Stern. If the programmers are not given time to work on the code then we see these kinds of results. I really wish another video mode was not added because it's absolutely not what the game needs. And the way it was added was rather unimaginative I think.

Rob

#374 3 years ago

yeah may be...
but too late for me, my pin is already available on the usual west europe sites i'm member

:/

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

what a mess
» YouTube video

It's been a terrible year for code updates with very little released.

Rob

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yeah may be...
but too late for me, my pin is already available on the usual west europe sites i'm member
:/

I don't blame you. I sold my LE. No regrets. Stern has done a terrible job with both production delays, play field quality and updates. Plus, the design is just not that fun. It should be. But it's not.

It's a shame with such a great license, too.

Good luck.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Plus, the design is just not that fun. It should be. But it's not.

I've never played a game where a ramp shot was as difficult as the right ramp on GB. But, the code doesn't rely heavily on the ramp and PKE frenzy makes good use of the ramp difficulty for the PKE jackpots. So that works ok I think.

Rob

#378 3 years ago

If you take the glass off your game, test out the terror dog hurry up scoring because it's totally broken... I would hit the target when there was 5.3 million on the counter and the game would then award me over 11.3 million. More than 2x what it should be... Unless the score is says it is giving you is wrong. Only one was running when I tried this and playfield multipliers were not running either. I tried it again, same results.

Rob

#379 3 years ago

I had great game on my GB pro and got 2.6 billion GC. Some thoughts from my game:

- Super Jackpot champion is broken. I had a few super jackpots over 100 million, yet the SJ champion on my game is still 15 million.
- Lighting effects during PKE frenzy are broken. The flashlamps were staying lit solid on my game (again) for extended periods of time.
- As others have said, WCWS can probably be abused at the left ramp. It's still A LOT more fun than SFMB
- He Slimed Me should award points (does it?) on the first shots in addition to building the final shot score. Otherwise if it times out, you don't really score any points in this mode.
- The Ballroom is super, super, super fun! But not easy to complete in the time given.
- SFMB in theory is ok, but something is missing from it.
- MHMB. I double flip when the flippers are reversed and I actually don't mind the rules for this. Hit the captive ball to un-reverse flippers and then plan your shots. It really adds an element of strategy to the mode. I'd leave it as is.
- Nobody is ever going to play ESP again because of the much easier points in DCTS. Even if you fail DCTS you still get points.
- Scoleris tripling the SJ is a great strategy!
- Spinner levels need more fleshing out. Or how about a hold spinner level random award? Change the spinner sound as the level increases like in GoT which is a cool effect!
- How are Terror Dog and Gozer hurry up champions supposed to be beat when they are 75 million?
- PKE frenzy is fun! But the top rollover lanes act weird during this mode. That doesn't make sense plus it ruins your multiplier advances.
- The ball kickout power setting works great! I recommend the lowest value of 176. Now we need the same setting for the auto launch.
- Many of the movie voice callouts are still hard to hear and understand in the game. They need a lot more volume.

In spite of the bugs, it's still a very fun game and the pro is pretty good value in view of price increases everywhere..

Rob

#380 3 years ago

are you trying to convince yourself !?

#381 3 years ago

Got a GB Prem and still runny my code 1.05. I won't update yet because of the bugs.

I've had it for just over a week and finally cracked a billion yesterday. Very average player. Usually only around 30-300 mill most of the time.

SFMB hardly gives any points which is a bit of a bummer and I think that putting in the hard yards to catch 100 ghosts on such a brutal game to then get to MHMB with the flippers reversed sucks. I double flip like a newbie. Tried reversing my hands but didn't work. So I'd like that to be changed to normal.

Finding the whole having to start the mode again a bit tough but I like it. Sometimes I wish the modes weren't timed though so you can take your time on completing them. But again, just a minor gripe and happy as it is

#382 3 years ago

Completed all ladders and played final mode. Unsure if I completed it but I think there is a bug where the final mb ball was stuck in the subway. I have never had this problem. So this may be a bug. Only way to fix is turn off game, ball search won't fix it.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

are you trying to convince yourself !?

I'm not pleased with the code situation of course, but it will get sorted out eventually. No, I'm not a patient person either, but it is what it is. I knew that going in as an early adopter. Any Stern game is NEVER done 6 months after release. KISS (which I bought and sold) was a travesty of code neglect from Stern. It doesn't get much worse than that game.....

Rob

#384 3 years ago

On my pro during We are ready to Believe You you need to lock a ball in the left scoop and right saucer but if you get down to 2 balls and lock 1 in the right saucer and hit another ball up the left ramp into the saucer trapping the 2nd ball behind the ball locked in the saucer hole the game doesnt know what to do. Once the first ball is locked in the saucer it turns the saucer VUK off so during ball search it doesnt do anything. Had to manually launch another ball to get game going again by opening coin door and pushing the shooter VUK to feed another ball.

Game code definitly needs work. Besides not having Are You a God in the code yet the ESP glitch, WARTBY glitch, weak WCWS modes, Stay puft mode still not having multipliers right, and librarian light not used yet are probably my main complaints on the 1.10 code

Got a 12.8 billion score but some of the modes timed out so im turning the timer off but leaving the continue modes option on.

#385 3 years ago

Thanks that explains why the ball search did not eject the subway ball. I didn't know you had to lock balls in this mode.

#386 3 years ago

Rob : was just for fun of course

Embryon/Phbooms : i have missed something
i was thinking ARE YOU A GOD was the same as WE ARE READY TO BELIEVE YOU (which i have reached with the new code & his "facilities")...

my fault on that !
if no final wizard mode done, also means that a future code has to come

my "hope level" is not more at 0... (as my pin still home, got more than few proposals, but for now only 3 i'm/was interested in)

#387 3 years ago

Are you god is not coded yet.

#388 3 years ago

Bug:

I continued stay puft on the last ball and shot the right orbit. I think it may have been the last shot, but there was no points total or mentioned that I had completed it. The skill shot was also lit for that shot. WCWS lit right away.

Rob

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Last night I had a very strange bug happen to me. I had completed " who brought the dog " and started " Spook Central " and was on stage one of spook central which is the single shot to the left ramp. I made the shot which should then move to stage 2 of spook central ( 4 other shots ) but instead the first mode of the left ramp " We Got One " started!! Very strange, have never seen this before, at first I thought maybe spook central had timed out but that wouldn't have left mode start available, would have needed slimer to re-light mode start. Anyone else had this happen or can think of a way this could happen other than a code bug?

This happened to me again today! the first time was on the old code, but now its happened again on the new code. Am I the only one this has happened to? can anyone see how this could happen legitimately?

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

This happened to me again today! the first time was on the old code, but now its happened again on the new code. Am I the only one this has happened to? can anyone see how this could happen legitimately?

I believe I have seen some modes end after only 1 shot, but that's rare and I think it was spooked librarian that did it on my game.

I have no idea why no bugs were fixed in 1.10 and more introduced. People say Dwight reads the threads so what's the deal? I know this thread is unofficial, but it's still the best resource for Stern to see what players think and what bugs are found. How can a game go so long with so many bugs not fixed? Stern continues to pull the same shit game after game. I'm not blaming the programmers, I blame the management that understaffs and doesn't give the programmers time for post release updates.

Rob

#391 3 years ago

The high score bug seems related to the game only giving you one high score at a time. For example if you get a points high score and a super jackpot high score, when you enter your name it only counts for the first item.

I just played a crappy game and got the super jackpot champion of 18 million. I had much larger ones in previous games, but it never counted for a high score.

edit: I just had a game of 1 billion and got high score #4 and mass hysteria champion. So some high scores do appear to award together. Shrugs, it's hit or miss I guess. The flashlamps got stuck on again during PKE frenzy. Although they do still turn off/on for effects so it's almost definitely a programming bug. Luckily nothing has burned out yet!

Rob

#392 3 years ago

The wizard modes and mhmb need something different. wcws and mhmb and to and extent even sfmb need just a little something to make them stand out by way of sound effects. Remember when you got a super jackpot on indy and you got that great explosion effect, well i think the jackpots in the sfmb and mhmb just aren't big hitting enough and half the time you don't even know you have made the shot. The sounds seem to all seem the same. I do hear a different sound effect when i get the first couple of jackpots on sfmb but they need to be louder somehow. As for mhmb I heard an interview ages ago where JT said Dwight was going to make changes to the code but maybe thats coming. I love the game but would like some changes to the above and how about letting me know when i make that stupidly hard right ramp shot on pke frenzy, because i don't hear anything when i make it and don't even know who much i have got. It does seem that stern like to take the easy way out and put a wizard mode in but just throw some extra voice clips in there and forget the adrenaline rush it should be to get there and make it, I'm thinking jackpots on CV on wizard mode , really different from the rest of the game. rant over.

#393 3 years ago

He slimed me is kind of a disappointing scene. There's so many great quotes and action in that scene and it's just not translated well to the dots or callouts on the game. A static (boring) hallway with a cleaner that crosses the hallway, I think it's one of my least favorite scenes in the game. Now if they had included slimer pigging out on food, that would have been cool!

Rob

#394 3 years ago

Bugs summary off the top of my head, please feel free to add:

- 100 ghosts insert does not light during MHMB
- Captive balls don't release on game power up
- Eject kickout plays 2 different sounds at times, kickout thus delayed
- Scoleri brothers callout and animation can repeat itself on additional scoleri encounters
- Ball room incorrectly references shooting pink shots
- Extra ball on # of ghosts setting doesn't award extra ball if set differently (according to some)
- Video mode lockup if flippers are pressed before choice is presented
- He slimed me doesn't show the timer during hallway scene.
- Some 2 part scenes don't leave enough time to complete if the first part times out and then goes to the second part
- Terror Dog hurry up scoring routinely awards wrong values, countdown values can instantly glitch to low values (400,000).
- Flash lamps sometimes get left on during PKE frenzy, working off-on off-on. Corrects itself when mode is done.
- Tobin's and ESP skill shots don't award according to some.
- PKE appear lanes malfunction during PKE frenzy. No bonus X can be earned?
- Some users report E flickering since latest code
- During multiple high scores, some achievements don't get entered
- Rare occurrence of scenes completing early, I'm sure I've seen this happen on my game several times.
- Right ramp on pro can award as 2 shots for specific scenes.
- Back off man, the animations and calllouts can get out of sequence. I think I've seen this several times, thought I would mention it

Rob

#395 3 years ago

- gear award & river of slime "hurry up" didnt reset to initial small points when you've missed the collect shoot (this is very important from a "player" point of view)
- when in multiball, and collecting EB on the left scoop, the EB lightshow must be set to OFF, as we just cant see anything for a too much long time ! the STROBE mb on AFM is just a joke compare to the GB (lol but not lol)
- Tobin mystery award (i'm still asking myself how Dwight wanted this to work) : i dont understand why you collect all the awards listed on the screen, seems logical that you can only choose 1 (by flipping the 2 flippers, or the last one by doing nothing) !!!???
- the "librarian" mini mode...
- flippers in MASS HYSTERIA MB, while having the 3 choices in the set-up
*no flipper inversion
*full time flipper inversion
*on & off inversion (factory setting)

#396 3 years ago

Here's a suggestion: They release a code update that doesnt bring on new bugs, and actually adds more callouts. The code feels lazy, and the same call outs used over and over again get very repetitive. There is no excuse to leave 1.10 up with this many bugs, including freezes and flickering lights.. especially for a machine that costs what it does.

There are so many glitches and other questionable code bugs that this is the last time i'll ever buy a NIB game so close to release, its ridiculous. I wont even go on about my sorry playfield with chipping and ghosting that I have yet to hear anything about a replacement.

#397 3 years ago

I told everybody be careful what you ask for.. solid code released at launch means less code later ! Mediocre for life isn't cutting it for me as a big GB fan

#398 3 years ago

My slimer doesn't move much in game. Usually just hangs out all the way right or all the way left. Went in to test and he didn't move at all. I could hear the motor turning on bit he stayed in position 0. In game, if I miss the skill shot he doesn't drop down to get hit. Wtf is wrong with him lol? Damn you stern!

#399 3 years ago

He was stuck all the way left and wouldn't move to he right at all. I rebooted and he moved all the way to the right. In the test, he moved to the left but got stuck all he way to the left. I'm guessing opto?

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I told everybody be careful what you ask for.. solid code released at launch means less code later ! Mediocre for life isn't cutting it for me as a big GB fan

Yup. Thats been my fear with Stern releasing more "complete" coded games at launch. While every insert does something in Ghostbusters the game still feels shallow at times. The game could use more callouts from both films, more rules for the Slimer mech (Slimer multiball!) and premium features should have more code written for them then what is currently there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Cinnaminson, NJ
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside