gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 7 years ago

Last night I had a very strange bug happen to me. I had completed " who brought the dog " and started " Spook Central " and was on stage one of spook central which is the single shot to the left ramp. I made the shot which should then move to stage 2 of spook central ( 4 other shots ) but instead the first mode of the left ramp " We Got One " started!! Very strange, have never seen this before, at first I thought maybe spook central had timed out but that wouldn't have left mode start available, would have needed slimer to re-light mode start. Anyone else had this happen or can think of a way this could happen other than a code bug?

#302 7 years ago

Just got my premium. I'm having the same issue many others have had with the extra ball being lit by collecting ghosts. If it's set at anything other than "auto" it won't light the extra ball. Tried it at 30, 31, 40, etc. and nothing. Set to auto, after the right number of ghosts are collected it lights the extra ball. I had a very similar issue on my GOTLE with lighting the extra ball after "X" number of houses were completed. If I changed the setting to something other than auto it wouldn't light the extra ball. I wonder if it's some glitch due to other similar settings I choose in my menu???

#303 7 years ago

With spook central.

Says shoot the purple shots, but they are all white.

#304 7 years ago

Ghosts are naturally Colorblind!

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

With spook central.

I thought the same at first, then realised they seemed to be really really light purple? Maybe I was imagining it

#306 7 years ago

Anyone else hate it when getting an extra ball during Storage Facility multiball, and it plays the light show and extra ball animation? Seems like bug, should just show the animation and not affect the lights. Kind of annoying.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

I thought the same at first, then realised they seemed to be really really light purple? Maybe I was imagining it

no they are definitely white. Which technically has every color in it, but that's a technicality.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

With spook central.

I noticed the same thing! I thought it was my eyes or maybe they were going for very pale purple!

#309 7 years ago

Do other games use purple in color changing inserts? I know all the purple stand-alone LED's in my collection have purple domes to help with the color. Maybe it is a tough color to pull off with LED's?

#310 7 years ago

theres purple in there, and as an RGB, purple isnt as hard a color as a single "doped"
diode....Should be fixed in Code updates.

#311 7 years ago

Purple is an easy color to pull off with RGB LEDs, like Art said, its just a bug in the code.

#312 7 years ago

Bug?

I don't think it's a scene feature, but there's a few times where the flashers have stuck 'on' in my game. It happened tonight when I had SFMB stacked with loopin supers. Basically all the clear flashers in the top of the playfield were on solid. They went off when loopin supers timed out. Maybe it's because I qualified PKE Frenzy while loopin supers was still going? I don't think the two modes run together, but it's hard to tell. It's happened at least 3 or 4 times on my game and I think each time I had SFMB and loopin supers going.

Rob

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Bug?
I don't think it's a scene feature, but there's a few times where the flashers have stuck 'on' in my game. It happened tonight when I had SFMB stacked with loopin supers. Basically all the clear flashers in the top of the playfield were on solid. They went off when loopin supers timed out. Maybe it's because I qualified PKE Frenzy while loopin supers was still going? I don't think the two modes run together, but it's hard to tell. It's happened at least 3 or 4 times on my game and I think each time I had SFMB and loopin supers going.
Rob

I had the stuck flashers happen again just now during PKE frenzy and the Ballroom scene was running. I don't know if it's a bug or a part of the lighting effects? Or is there a loss of priority for the lighting so the flashers don't turn off as quickly as they should? The flashers stayed on solid for about 5 seconds. SFMB was not running at the time. Or maybe it's just my game?

I'm going to say again, the first scenes are too weak. It's shoot 3 shots and score exactly 21 million points. No challenge at all... I realize they are easy for less experienced players, but better players will find them uninteresting.

Rob

#314 7 years ago

dont know about flashers, i have to be more attentive

yep about upper lanes, already said

weak or not, hard to say, depends a lot on this game
see, i read some still didnt see the marshmallow, and (again) i've just reached it at ball 1... but only completed at ball 3

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Purple is an easy color to pull off with RGB LEDs, like Art said, its just a bug in the code.

Yeah, especially considering there's already purple in the game.. I think with the River of Slime award at the right scoop. It's a bug in the game for sure, should be purple shots and not white.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep about upper lanes, already said

Ok, I see it seems to be part of the PKE frenzy rules.

Rob

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

weak or not, hard to say, depends a lot on this game

Right now I feel like I'm just blowing through the first scenes because they are 'in the way'.

I wish there was a way to increase the starting value of the super jackpots. Maybe a random award that permanently increases the base level and a rule in the game to do that as well?

Rob

#318 7 years ago

well, 1.10 is now available, and i'm happy & updating of course
but for what i read in the txt file, compare to all "probs" that have been noticed here, suddenly, i'm feeling disapointed... :/

btw, as i didnt see the final "wizard mode" but just a small tweak to continue playing in case you'll reach it ("When you complete all nine modes the modes will all unlight now so you can play them all again"), i still believe more update(s) will come later

#319 7 years ago

ok lets start 1.10 report :

they changed inserts color in some mode, the BALLROOM says shoot for purple, and they're blue

#320 7 years ago

in the new "way playing mode" (TIME OUT MODE), when at last mode of the ladder, just control and wait for the timer to reach 0
ok, it will stop after 3 sec of switch inactivity, than hit an easy shot (or a colored shoot ? need to test more), control again, and you're ok for 3 sec more... easy way to go to the mini wizard mode with quite no risk

no need to say that i DONT like this
tanx i have choice to not play as it

#321 7 years ago

for the programmers who will understand, still a "pile" (what next process to do after) prob as :

light the TERROR DOG
quickly hit it & get the points+animation
and than after that, get the animation of the terror dog being available...

#322 7 years ago

This 1.10 code update has more bugs then 1.05. I'll probably revert back to 1.05. Truly shows they did little to no play testing on it. My Slimer doesn't register properly, the E light from the PKE lanes keeps flickering, dumb timer sound, delayed scoop firing from both scoop shots, etc.

#323 7 years ago

I've been thinking about a solution that would make the Scoleri Bros more important to gameplay. What if in addition to lighting a Super Jackpot, completing Scoleri also lit the 2X multiplier target by the left ramp. A 2X playfield multiplier would actually make it meaningful and would actually encourage you to complete it during multi-ball rather than avoid it. The 3X would still have to be lit via the captive balls on the left. Thoughts?

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been thinking about a solution that would make the Scoleri Bros more important to gameplay. What if in addition to lighting a Super Jackpot, completing Scoleri also lit the 2X multiplier target by the left ramp. A 2X playfield multiplier would actually make it meaningful and would actually encourage you to complete it during multi-ball rather than avoid it. The 3X would still have to be lit via the captive balls on the left. Thoughts?

I like that idea.

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I would rather not have them at all in the MB, but I like your idea for regular Scoleri gameplay.

#326 7 years ago

I'd like the 2x if you knocked them both down in succession.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'd like the 2x if you knocked them both down in succession.

Or a timer that gives you 3x if you can knock them both in 5 seconds, 2x if it's within 8 seconds, and no multiplier if after 10 seconds, or something to that effect. It would add urgency to getting them down and a rewarding feeling for hitting them, vs just being a pain in the ass with very little payoff (but a lot of risk in the shots)

#328 7 years ago

lots of nice ideas in this topic... but they ever cant correct the old & some very simple bugs (as the 100 ghosts insert never being lit in game), than better for us to stop thinking
seems i'm losing faith on GB (and KISS, and GOT, and WWE, and ST, and... )

#329 7 years ago

My tour was with Dwight,

I asked him about pinside, and GB bugs, code
Suggestions....
110% he reads posts, hears the issues, and intends to do all he can.
It's only time, as to when.
What a great person.....and what I can share is keep sharing new ideas and any issues...he appreciates it!

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My tour was with Dwight,
Suggestions....
What a great person.....and what I can share is keep sharing new ideas and any issues...he appreciates it!

Thanks for posting. I try to tell people this too. Haha

#331 7 years ago

We found a strange behaviour tonight, it started with that my two sons (8 and 6) was playing our gb premium and I was in the kitchen. Suddenly I hear a extremely loud scream. I ask the guys what happened and they told me that they shot the ball in the right scoop and everything on the game died, no light and no flippers then the dmd displayed an animation of the librarian ghost from the first film and what I heard the volume must have been on max. Then the ball shoots out of the scoop and the game continue.

Have anyone seen this behaviour before? Because I didn't see it myself, I just heard it.

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from hanst:

We found a strange behaviour tonight, it started with that my two sons (8 and 6) was playing our gb premium and I was in the kitchen. Suddenly I hear a extremely loud scream. I ask the guys what happened and they told me that they shot the ball in the right scoop and everything on the game died, no light and no flippers then the dmd displayed an animation of the librarian ghost from the first film and what I heard the volume must have been on max. Then the ball shoots out of the scoop and the game continue.
Have anyone seen this behaviour before? Because I didn't see it myself, I just heard it.

It's a new feature. Mentioned a few times in other threads.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's a new feature. Mentioned a few times in other threads.

Yeah its the new "Scare Effect" feature, you can turn it off in settings if you don't want your kids to crap themselves.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah its the new "Scare Effect" feature, you can turn it off in settings if you don't want your kids to crap themselves.

Thanks, I have fixed that adjustment now and I have to say that the scare effect worked

#335 7 years ago

My thoughts on the current code in point form:

- Have the new video mode award from tobin randomly. Keep ESP hole as ESP only as the insert indicates.
- More purpose for the ghost target, especially during a scene where it doesn't really do anything.
- Slightly better scoring opportunity for the first level scenes
- Bonus in ESP video mode to award features like increasing spinner value, jackpot value etc at certain levels
- Extra ball animation is shortened during multiball
- A 'find slimer' mode or 2 ball multiball where all inserts go green and you need to find where he is for a bonus score.
- A rare 'collect bonus' award from tobin.
- Add a librarian hurry up...

#336 7 years ago

dupe.....

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My thoughts on the current code in point form:
- Have the new video mode award from tobin randomly. Keep ESP hole as ESP only as the insert indicates.
- More purpose for the ghost target, especially during a scene where it doesn't really do anything.
- Slightly better scoring opportunity for the first level scenes
- Bonus in ESP video mode to award features like increasing spinner value, jackpot value etc at certain levels
- Extra ball animation is shortened during multiball
- A 'find slimer' mode or 2 ball multiball where all inserts go green and you need to find where he is for a bonus score.
- A rare 'collect bonus' award from tobin.
- Add a librarian hurry up...

nice recall, but just dont forget lots of others things, all is above in this topic

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My tour was with Dwight,
Suggestions....

well than, again Dwight, i will be more than happy to be a beta tester for you
my son and i, we are quite usual with programing & software (even hardware but not needed here), we have a logical spirit, and last but not least we are "quite good" pinballs players... for sure we can help, at no cost !

dont hesitate to PM me here on pinside
tanx

#339 7 years ago

Noticed with 1.10 code that while in multiball, if you hit the subway scoop, the ball save light comes on but is not honored. Either it should save one ball, or not light. (nitpick bug)

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

nice recall, but just dont forget lots of others things, all is above in this topic

Well I just hope there's a bug fix version out soon. And please reduce the flipper power!

Rob

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My tour was with Dwight,
Suggestions....

So aside from bugs, how do you like the new code? Do you like the changes to make the game easier or do you think some things are too easy now? I know software is never going to make that right ramp an easier shot.

Rob

#342 7 years ago

Has anyone had their game lock up on Esp mode? Mine just freezes and you cant select anything?

#343 7 years ago

1.10 bug

State of game-
Right ladder completed.
Library ladder upon completetion started a 2 ball MB. This was separate from WCWS which was lit on left ramp as it should be. I brought WCWS into that bug MB quickly so not sure if the game was awarding jackpots for a MB or just single ball scoring with 2 balls.

#344 7 years ago

Will being able to adjust the power settings for the flipper coils reduce air balls?

Both AMH and Hobbit give us that ability.

#345 7 years ago

Well it's either a lighting effect or a bug, but I'm thinking bug. I've narrowed it down to PKE frenzy sometimes leaving the upper playfield white flashers on solid while the mode is going. Isn't this going to possibly damage something?

Rob

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Has anyone had their game lock up on Esp mode? Mine just freezes and you cant select anything?

Well known bug.

I'm surprised no one has had other glitches show up from the ESP shot. The first time I shot the saucer, mine said "Score: 67" (or maybe Points :67), it ejected the ball right away while the flippers were still dead.

Rob

#347 7 years ago

Started Stay Puft with 3x SP multiplier. Completed SP and no scores were multiplied that I could tell. Not implemented or bug?

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Noticed with 1.10 code that while in multiball, if you hit the subway scoop, the ball save light comes on but is not honored. Either it should save one ball, or not light. (nitpick bug)

Yep that bug has been there for a while.

Version 1.10 is so littered with bugs, seems Dwight is over worked and Stern has him working on too many things. 6 months to give us a code update, and it's a complete turd.

#349 7 years ago

Another thought is that there's very little audio feedback from making the left captive ball shots. Sometimes I have to second glance if I made it because the audio cues are fairly subdued. Plus to be honest, if the insert is blinking it I think it should award on the next shot, not 2 or 3 shots later. That's very confusing!

On the topic of sound, SFMB does not seem to do a very good job of telling you audibly or visually that you're catching ghosts. I just keep shooting the balls, not knowing if I'm doing good or bad (usually bad).

Is there a way to build up the super jackpot outside of scenes (and skill shot)? I don't think there seems to be.

Oh, and the ghost target relights the ghosts around the playfield... I said earlier I thought it had no other purpose, but it does.

I tried to recreate the flashers getting stuck on and grab a video of it happening, but wasn't successful yet.

Rob

#350 7 years ago

Does anyone know what causes the Facemelter screaming lady animation to activate? It scared the crap out of my the first time I saw it! The scream is so loud and unaffected by how loud you have the volume. It seams to happen about every 50 plays or so and I can't make heads or tales of what triggers it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/7?hl=hanst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.