Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DavidPinballWizz
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pke (resized).JPG
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
Image 9-24-16 at 12.12 PM (resized).jpg
625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg
gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's 3 ball stacks just to light add-a-ball. No wonder I never light the damn thing. How about add-a-ball lights after 1 ball stack and subsequent ball stacks adds to the number of balls added when collected? Or at least a setting to change the difficulty of the ball stack rules.
Rob

I really suck at hitting those three balls in the time allotted. Maybe extending the time limit would be a good way to handle the difficulty?

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's 3 ball stacks just to light add-a-ball. No wonder I never light the damn thing. How about add-a-ball lights after 1 ball stack and subsequent ball stacks adds to the number of balls added when collected? Or at least a setting to change the difficulty of the ball stack rules.
Rob

I'm assuming by "stacks" you mean that you had to shoot the left captive ball 9 times!?! (3 stacks of 3 shots each?)
I agree that this is far too many shots. I think it's buggy or inconsistent. I recall times where I've only had to hit the left captive ball a couple times, and AAB was then lit at the scoop. And then there are other times where I've completed a "stack" of the three captive balls, and it's done nothing!

I only play GB on location, so I don't have benefit to take glass off and test how the captive ball and its insert lights state (solid/blinking) behave. Can you do some glass off testing and shed light on it?

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe I just suck at SFMB...

^^ says everyone. Current implementation of SFMB is too difficult imho, and not much fun.
Only helpful to me for:
1) Taking advantage of the multi-ball with ball-save running to collect:
- as many ghosts as possible
- PKE value from switch hits if I have PKE Frenzy stacked with it.

2) If I have Loopin Supers running, and get fortunate enough to have only one ball on R flipper with 1-2 on L flipper, AND the Left Scoleri brother in down position.

#254 3 years ago

I can't say for sure, but I believe I've added a ball to a total of 5. Does anyone know about 5th and 6th ball coming into play?

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I can't say for sure, but I believe I've added a ball to a total of 5. Does anyone know about 5th and 6th ball coming into play?

Maybe it's from the pop bumper random awards?

Rob

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I'm assuming by "stacks" you mean that you had to shoot the left captive ball 9 times!?! (3 stacks of 3 shots each?)

Sorry, no I mean just stacking 3 balls once, which is tough enough sometimes... Although for lighting 2x and 3x you do need to hit the captive ball 6 times (2 stacks of 3). I've never done it.

Quoted from Snailman:

I recall times where I've only had to hit the left captive ball a couple times, and AAB was then lit at the scoop. And then there are other times where I've completed a "stack" of the three captive balls, and it's done nothing!

I was testing for this very behavior last night because I think I've seen the same thing happen. I think what may happen is that if you have some (1?) balls stacked already before starting SFMB, they don't count towards lighting the add-a-ball. So you complete the ball stack and it does not light. I was playing last night, completed a ball stack and add-a-ball did not light.

Rob

#257 3 years ago

Does ANYBODY ever do better than 20-30 million on a storage facility multiball? Unless I have a playfield X lit, that's what I get every time. Almost always 25 million actually.

The multiball needs a ton of work. It sucks. Literally EVERYTHING on the playfield is lit, the scoleri bros are up, slimer is waving around. Come on, please, give us some actual goals besides "hit everything and drain."

And for the love of God, freeze modes and Super loopers while it's going - this software is so clumsy. It's like it was constructed by three drunks in separate rooms who weren't allowed to communicate with each other, and then all three parts were put together by an intern.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does ANYBODY ever do better than 20-30 million on a storage facility multiball? Unless I have a playfield X lit, that's what I get every time. Almost always 25 million actually.

That's about the average score I get. It's not a very good (or fun) multiball because there's not much value in it. In contrast, you can get WAY more points from PKE frenzy. If you stack PKE with SFMB then it can be not too bad. I got a 129 million PKE jackpot. Too bad there is no champion score for that.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The multiball needs a ton of work. It sucks. Literally EVERYTHING on the playfield is lit, the scoleri bros are up, slimer is waving around. Come on, please, give us some actual goals besides "hit everything and drain."

If you collect all the ghosts you can get a jackpot, but that's hard to do and the points are not much. I don't think anyone likes the scoleri targets in this multiball and they add little except catching extra ghosts for the ghost ladder.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And for the love of God, freeze modes and Super loopers while it's going

Freeze in what way? The timers or the modes are disabled during MB? I don't think it's a good idea to disable them during SFMB and it certainly would be a bad idea to stop the timers.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's like it was constructed by three drunks in separate rooms who weren't allowed to communicate with each other, and then all three parts were put together by an intern.

No, it's basically release code that needs some bugs fixed, scoring balances and mode/scene tweaking. Very little has changed from when the game was first released 4 months ago. It's still light years better than some other initial releases like KISS for example where 18 months later main features in that game still don't even work.

I think people are starting to get disappointed there has been no new code for the GB yet. Dwight, if you need a beta tester I would like to help out if I can.

Rob

#259 3 years ago

Yes rob, I would freeze the timer for the mode during multiball. You can only concentrate on one thing at a time on this game. Focus on hitting the mode shots and your multiball is over. Focus on multiball, and after multiball chances are you haven't finished your mode and you are back in jail.

And as stated, throw loopin supers into the mix and it's more of a shitshow. As software currently is, stacking anything over anything is a BAD thing - mode, multiball, or loopin supers - ALL of these things you'll score more points if you are just going after them on their own. These are the rough edges they need to iron out to make this a much better, more playable, and fun game.

#260 3 years ago

Forgive me if I'm repeating something that has already been said. I did not read all 6 pages of this thread first.

Last night while playing Ghostbusters LE I ended up getting Terror dog champion on three separate occasions. I noticed on the last occasion though that the champion score I achieved was 153 million. But my actual game score was only 11 million. So it is potentially safe to say that one or two of the other terror dog champion scores I had were also not legitimate.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And as stated, throw loopin supers into the mix and it's more of a shitshow. As software currently is, stacking anything over anything is a BAD thing - mode, multiball, or loopin supers - ALL of these things you'll score more points if you are just going after them on their own.

PKE Frenzy stacks well with multiball.

Rob

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, often, but not crazy scores. That is the you never lit a super range. It is funny, my SFMB strategy tends to be "try to hit right ramp". Usually I get the other 8 shots by accident.

#263 3 years ago

Accidental post.

I blame Dwight.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Accidental post.
I blame Dwight.

So do I.

#265 3 years ago

137 is my best SFMB, don't know how, or why? usually its 25-35 like most..

One thing Id like to see, when you DO make the shots that the scoleri's are blocking, is a good reward or call out of some sort to enhance that " take that you bastard" feeling it gives me

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

137 is my best SFMB, don't know how, or why? usually its 25-35 like most..

Maybe you had PKE Frenzy stacked with it or multipliers going? I think the best I have done is between 40-50 million.

Rob

#267 3 years ago

As much as I like that quote, it almost plays a bit too much on outlane drains. There must be other quotes which can be used too?

Rob

#268 3 years ago

Does 'We Got One' always score exactly 21 million points? I'm not against the earlier scenes being easier, but there's really nothing challenging especially when this scene scores the same every time.

Rob

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does 'We Got One' always score exactly 21 million points? I'm not against the earlier scenes being easier, but there's really nothing challenging especially when this scene scores the same every time.
Rob

Yes. So does Who Brought The Dog? I forget it Spooked Librarian does as well, but it might.

#270 3 years ago

Anyone looking at making a cool shooter rod for Ghostbusters... I am looking into a shooter rod like this. Is any one is interested in a shooter rod like this? The shooter rod is the one in the brown, nut the colors I am looking at are the white, chrome, green and I am still looking into a ghostly blue

625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg

Image 9-24-16 at 12.12 PM (resized).jpg

Unknown (resized).jpeg

Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg

#271 3 years ago

It's been months since any code update.. for a game as big as Ghostbusters, it really feels a bit abandoned already, with all the hype surrounded Batman '66 which hasnt even been shown in pictures yet. Pretty disappointing.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's been months since any code update.. for a game as big as Ghostbusters, it really feels a bit abandoned already, with all the hype surrounded Batman '66 which hasnt even been shown in pictures yet. Pretty disappointing.

I think abandoned is a bad word to use because I'm sure Dwight would not do that by choice. We don't know if he's working on GB, GoT or the next game - that decision is up to his employer. At least GB code is in a much better state than some other recent releases, take KISS for example.

I'm sure there's a rush to get B66 ready for expo. But that's Lyman's game....

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed there's been no code update for months. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the game though.

Rob

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You're such a newbie. If you really knew Stern, you'd realize code updates can take the better part of a year or longer sometimes to materialize.

Oh, but I forgot....you just like to shoot off at the handle and bash Stern any chance you get.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You're such a newbie. If you really knew Stern, you'd realize code updates can take the better part of a year or longer sometimes to materialize.
Oh, but I forgot....you just like to shoot off at the handle and bash Stern any chance you get.

Is that what you classify as 'bashing' ?

Bashing is what you do when there is a JJP thread. Just look at your posting history, you talk so much shit about Jack and JJP you could start a fertilizer business.

#275 3 years ago

Is this a bugg in GB LE, or is it just mine?
After reaching "mass hysteria multiball", the ecto-display stops working.

The bigger problem is, when the game is finished, and you start a new game,
it still doesn't start working anymore.
(I know you have to shoot certain targets to make the ghosts appear, but even when starting a new game, they don't appear anymore then...)
it doesn't work anymore until you turn the complete game off and on again.

Anyone else has this problem?
I already re-installed the software, but problem is still there...

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Is that what you classify as 'bashing' ?
Bashing is what you do when there is a JJP thread. Just look at your posting history, you talk so much shit about Jack and JJP you could start a fertilizer business.

I'll call it "KPG Fertilizer", the best shit on Earth!

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Why does Stern with what 4-6 programmers take forever to release code updates? I don't get it...One would think that Stern would be cranking out the updates but that isn't the case.

Personally I think Sterns programmers are shifted to other projects too quickly and not given the proper amount of time to create a deep and unique ruleset for most games.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why does Stern with what 4-6 programmers take forever to release code updates? I don't get it...One would think that Stern would be cranking out the updates but that isn't the case.
Personally I think Sterns programmers are shifted to other projects too quickly and not given the proper amount of time to create a deep and unique ruleset for most games.

Of course. That's why there is long delays between code updates.

But long delays doesn't automatically mean abandonment.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is exactly what's happening.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With only 4-6 programmers I am not surprised they take awhile to get code updates out. Borg, Ritchie and Trudeau with new games on the go, Batman '66 with Gomes tossed into the mix, Spike 2.0 to support LCDs and Pabst Can Crusher. That probably uses up most if not all of the programming staff right there.

#281 3 years ago

Guys , Back to ideas/bugs etc please ..

An easier read without the useless bickering for Dwight if he visits this thread.

Already suggested maybe, but a ghost collected champion would be great. My kids shoot for that 20-40...ladder all day.

And a bug? He slimed me, you drain with only left loop on, and restart with PKE re-lit . Is that happening to more?

#282 3 years ago

I had an interesting bug(?) show up on Tobin's the other day. During the book flipping animation I flipped both the flippers and was shown a group of awards, but those were not the awards I was given. The book flip animation showed briefly again and then showed a second set of different awards and gave me those ones.

Rob

#283 3 years ago

Thats normal.

The animation teases you with possible awards, when you hit the flippers,
you end the animation.

It just happened during the tease animation you froze on and ended.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats normal.
The animation teases you with possible awards, when you hit the flippers,
you end the animation.
It just happened during the tease animation you froze on and ended.

Hmm, interesting. I usually don't abort it so I never noticed it before.

Rob

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Hmm, interesting. I usually don't abort it so I never noticed it before.
Rob

I think what it's doing is if you hit both flippers before it shows you the awards it cancels the initial set it was going to give you, but shows them really quick. Then it shows you what you're actually going to get.

#286 3 years ago

Are they redesigning the ghostbusters code?

#287 3 years ago

Bug:

I played a game, got bonus hold and drained the ball. The bonus held as it should. During the next ball I got bonus hold again, but I did not get the bonus held when that ball drained. I lost huge points because of that.

Rob

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Bug:
I played a game, got bonus hold and drained the ball. The bonus held as it should. During the next ball I got bonus hold again, but I did not get the bonus held when that ball drained. I lost huge points because of that.
Rob

I wonder what caused it? I've had bonus hold on back to back balls too and it's always held both times. Pretty much been the only times that I've gotten high scores.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wonder what caused it? I've had bonus hold on back to back balls too and it's always held both times. Pretty much been the only times that I've gotten high scores.

The second bonus hold was from Tobin. I don't know if that makes any difference or not. Since I only had this happen once maybe it was a fluke or maybe I was mistaken. I'm 90% sure I didn't get the second bonus hold because it would have been at least another 1/2 billion points. My final score was just shy of a billion. 1st bonus 300 million, hold -> second bonus 500 million hold(not!)-> maybe 10 million.

Have you noticed issues with the terror dog hurry up scoring?

Rob

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The second bonus hold was from Tobin. I don't know if that makes any difference or not. Since I only had this happen once maybe it was a fluke or maybe I was mistaken. I'm 90% sure I didn't get the second bonus hold because it would have been at least another 1/2 billion points. My final score was just shy of a billion. 1st bonus 300 million, hold -> second bonus 500 million hold(not!)-> maybe 10 million.
Have you noticed issues with the terror dog hurry up scoring?
Rob

Not sure about terror dog. Not too sure how that hurry up works.

#291 3 years ago

I hit Midnight Madness tonight right after finishing Storage MB. After MM ended, one ball to the Storage Facility and the DMD displayed Ball 2 Locked (should have been 1) and then STARTED MB even though it just incorrectly said ball 2 locked.

#292 3 years ago

Feature Requests:

Add a setting to dim and/or turn off the backbox light when you start a game to eliminate glare from standard glass.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You can't really call a game abandoned when the code was released complete.

#294 3 years ago

OK, its quite good already, but its far from being complete & bug free...

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Feature Requests:
Add a setting to dim and/or turn off the backbox light when you start a game to eliminate glare from standard glass.

its already in there
until you mean to have it OFF while playing, and ON while in attract mode, thats another story

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You can't really call a game abandoned when the code was released complete.

I would say it's mostly feature complete with the exception of not having 'Are You A God' programmed in yet. Feature complete and code 'complete' isn't the same thing though. I think whoever said the game was already abandoned is just jumping to conclusions as I'm sure there will be a few updates to fix bugs and tweak some things which need it. I would really like to see something done with SFMB to make it more lucrative and fun. It's a rather disappointing multiball as it stands right now - unless you stack it with something like PKE Frenzy for example.

Rob

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Feature Requests:

You can start by turning the backbox brightness down in the settings to about 75 which will match the brightness of the old fluorescent lighting of older games.

Rob

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

OK, its quite good already, but its far from being complete & bug free...

It may not be bug free but it is complete (as in all the modes and wizard modes are there) . Stern has even said so. Scoring tweaks and things like this may never get changed and we don't know that the dev team didn't like it this way. None of the bugs are game breaking. If this game never gets an update again it's very solid code and a complete game. I plan to buy one once the playfield mess is sorted out. I've had a friends game in my house for a while so I am familiar with its state. The only reason people expect more updates is because other stern games were released with less completed code than this.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It may not be bug free but it is complete (as in all the modes and wizard modes are there) . Stern has even said so. Scoring tweaks and things like this may never get changed and we don't know that the dev team didn't like it this way. None of the bugs are game breaking. If this game never gets an update again it's very solid code and a complete game. I plan to buy one once the playfield mess is sorted out. I've had a friends game in my house for a while so I am familiar with its state. The only reason people expect more updates is because other stern games were released with less completed code than this.

Are you a god is missing.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

its already in there
until you mean to have it OFF while playing, and ON while in attract mode, thats another story

I was asking for it to be on when in attract and off when you start a game.

Quoted from Rob_G:

You can start by turning the backbox brightness down in the settings to about 75 which will match the brightness of the old fluorescent lighting of older games.
Rob

Thanks, that is better but still not as good as off. I have this on several of my other Sterns where I replaced the fluorescent with a LED backboard. It is quite cool! It is like having PDI glass, zero glare!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, NY
$ 12.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Snohomish, WA
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside