Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DavidPinballWizz
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pke (resized).JPG
Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
Image 9-24-16 at 12.12 PM (resized).jpg
625x465_15068026_8990353_1468596564 (resized).jpg
gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

... I hit the edge of the right target and the ball ricocheted into the left target for a quick 1 - 2 target completion...

already get something similar, but was not a direct "wanted" hit (lets be honest lol) : get a shoot & rebound on the left, ball goes to cross the PF, hiting left, than right target !

#202 3 years ago

What I am finding that sucks ass with the current code is that during Storage Facility MB and also stacking Loopin' Supers, the Scoleri's constantly popping up blocks the ability to hit the left ramp and just screws you on that mode.

Those asswipes need to be disabled during multiball, or at least only come up once and then not again. So stupid. Starting SFMB will always end your ball and doesn't even score much, so it's almost pointless to start it in the first place.

A code update couldn't come sooner.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm hoping a code update comes soon too.

Rob

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What I am finding that sucks ass with the current code is that during Storage Facility MB and also stacking Loopin' Supers, the Scoleri's constantly popping up blocks the ability to hit the left ramp and just screws you on that mode.
Those asswipes need to be disabled during multiball, or at least only come up once and then not again. So stupid. Starting SFMB will always end your ball and doesn't even score much, so it's almost pointless to start it in the first place.

Good thing your Hobbit doesn't have anything like that popping up on the playfield.

Oh wait.......

#205 3 years ago

Just curious if that Vigo character/picture from the second movie anywhere in the game or dmd animations?

If not it would be kind of cool to have something in there somewhere since the whole second movie was centered around him. Code be in a code update or some sort of mod.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious if that Vigo character/picture from the second movie anywhere in the game or dmd animations?
If not it would be kind of cool to have something in there somewhere since the whole second movie was centered around him. Code be in a code update or some sort of mod.

Unfortunately, no. There is very little from part II on the game. The Scoleri Brothers, the Pneumatic Train Station, and the River of Slime DMD animation. If you get the Yeti side decals, the Titanic is on that.

Some of us will be putting Bobby Brown's "On Our Own" into the game via Pinball Browser. Perhaps some Vigo lines could be added as well.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Unfortunately, no. There is very little from part II on the game. The Scoleri Brothers, the Pneumatic Train Station, and the River of Slime DMD animation. If you get the Yeti side decals, the Titanic is on that.
Some of us will be putting Bobby Brown's "On Our Own" into the game via Pinball Browser. Perhaps some Vigo lines could be added as well.

That is a major bummer, you would think maybe it could be added in future code update. Maybe some sort of dmd animation of the Vigo picture talking or perhaps make him another ghost in the Ecto googles with some dialogue. Just thinking out loud....

Yeah, on our own is a must add as well!

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is a major bummer, you would think maybe it could be added in future code update. Maybe some sort of dmd animation of the Vigo picture talking or perhaps make him another ghost in the Ecto googles with some dialogue. Just thinking out loud....
Yeah, on our own is a must add as well!

One can hope. It's been mentioned elsewhere on Pinside that Tradeau and Dwight were focusing on the first movie, but anything is possible.

I might add some pink slime mods if they become available. Just little things to help balance it out.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Good thing your Hobbit doesn't have anything like that popping up on the playfield.
Oh wait.......

Dude funny you say that, Hobbit's pop ups are awesome and I actually like how they are in the game, and how they are coded. That's a great example of how playfield pop ups should be designed and integrated into a playfield. The Scoleri's are shitty little drop targets that do nothing to add satisfying gameplay to GB, and only serve to piss you off and wonder why they were added to the game in the first place. Love GB, but the biggest design flaw in my mind are the Scoleri targets.

Please do not compare them to anything on the Hobbit lol

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude funny you say that, Hobbit's pop ups are awesome and I actually like how they are in the game, and how they are coded. That's a great example of how playfield pop ups should be designed and integrated into a playfield. The Scoleri's are shitty little drop targets that do nothing to add satisfying gameplay to GB, and only serve to piss you off and wonder why they were added to the game in the first place. Love GB, but the biggest design flaw in my mind are the Scoleri targets.
Please do not compare them to anything on the Hobbit lol

Oh, I'll compare them. They essentially serve the same purpose, just like the Trolls in MM.

So it's amusing you condemn them on Ghostbusters, and praise them on Hobbit....you know...the game that can do no wrong.

#211 3 years ago

Anyone else think locking the ball for sfmb then having it shoot out of auto plunge kills some momentum. For instance I shoot the left ramp for the mode to get the lights and sound a going ready I'm ready for action then boom Auto plunge to pops for a minute now on to the mode.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Oh, I'll compare them. They essentially serve the same purpose, just like the Trolls in MM.
So it's amusing you condemn them on Ghostbusters, and praise them on Hobbit....you know...the game that can do no wrong.

I own both so I have experience with both machines, which I don't think you do?

The beast popups on Hobbit are way better then the stupid Scoleri's. Even the trolls on MM are better then using dumb plastic drop targets in the middle of the playfield.

I don't know how anyone can argue against that..

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I own both so I have experience with both machines, which I don't think you do?
The beast popups on Hobbit are way better then the stupid Scoleri's. Even the trolls on MM are better then using dumb plastic drop targets in the middle of the playfield.
I don't know how anyone can argue against that..

I'm glad you like your pop-ups on the Hobbit, because besides some drop targets, that's all you have to do with this $8,000 turd.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'm glad you like your pop-ups on the Hobbit, because besides some drop targets, that's all you have to do with this $8,000 turd.

C'mon man, really. Let's see what's in your collection so I can talk some shit too

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

C'mon man, really. Let's see what's in your collection so I can talk some shit too

I've played both Hobbit and Ghostbusters, so I feel confident in knowing which one I prefer.

Past games I've owned include Star Trek (2013) and T2.

I have a fondness for Tron as well.

I'm always on the lookout for Log Cabin, the first coin-operated pinball game from 1901. I want it setting next to my Ghostbusters.

Attack away!

40840347_1_x (resized).jpg

#216 3 years ago

Other than the MET code update a few months ago, it's been a VERY dry year for code updates.

Rob

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Loopin Supers-
Needs to take precedent over everything. It totally sucks ass when you start loopin supers, hit a loop, and the ball diverts over to the kickout hole instead of back to the right flipper. You also shouldn't be able to start loopers during multiball.

I agree with this! I was just thinking it a few days ago. I lit loopin supers and it went straight to storage facility hole. I thought "man that is stupid" lol. I'm not sure if having it removed from SFMB is a great idea or not. It might be able to be used to really increase scoring but the stupid Hanz and Franz stand ups mess that all up. They have no purpose continuously popping up like that.

#218 3 years ago

I'm wondering what the significance of the super jackpot score value showing on the bottom of the scenes is? In 'He Slimed Me' for example, would it not be better to show what the orbit value is instead of what the super jackpot is?

Rob

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Loopin Supers-
Needs to take precedent over everything. It totally sucks ass when you start loopin supers, hit a loop, and the ball diverts over to the kickout hole instead of back to the right flipper. You also shouldn't be able to start loopers during multiball.

Maybe collecting ghosts should stop during SFMB? That would stop the starting of modes during the multiball, since all ghost ladder features trigger/light automatically. It would make getting through the ghost ladder a bit more of a challenge.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

neg reinforcement - it's lame get rid of it or radically change it

I think it's fine, other than it could maybe start at 1 million.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Storage MB - how about cleaning this mess of a multiball up a little bit? Do something about the scoleri targets always being up. Make add-a-ball a little easier to get. Give us a CLEAR POINT instead of the "everything is lit" approach.

The objective is to capture all the ghosts by clearing all the ghost inserts around the playfield. At that point you collect a jackpot for doing so and it repeats. Scoleri's do nothing except increase your ghost ladder count and Slimer lights inserts green to be cleaned for eventual super jackpot lighting. Considering it's the primary multiball, it's not a very good one at the moment. I have never scored well when playing it. I played it with the glass off and it still didn't score well. I hope it gets tweaked some.

Rob

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You hit slimer to end the he slimed me mode. You timed out probably when you hit the left ramp.

Actually you are right, sorry about that. For some reason it seemed before like mine was ending after the orbit shot, but it appears I was mistaken.

Rob

#221 3 years ago

I don't know if anyone else has seen this happen on their game, but on rare occasions the switches don't register hits. I've had it happen most commonly on the GHOST target, sometimes the right orbit and tonight the 3 target bank. I think I've seen one person report something similar reported on GoT though I don't think I ever had that happen on my own GoT Pro. Perhaps it's a SPIKE thing with polling for switch hits?

I noticed any points score you get from Tobin's doesn't show you what the points are. Big points and even +10% of your score. It would be nice to know I think...

Rob

#222 3 years ago

about switches, should be "materials" probs
this often happend on my 1st GB (with GHOST target), and now on my 2nd GB its registering every time...

#223 3 years ago

I think this could be a bug. I was awarded 1.2bil on Gozer Hurry up and I am sure my game score was way lower than this. Anyone get close to such a highscore Gozer Champion?

gozer champ (resized).JPG

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I think this could be a bug. I was awarded 1.2bil on Gozer Hurry up and I am sure my game score was way lower than this. Anyone get close to such a highscore Gozer Champion?

I have heard of this bug, but have not experienced it myself.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

There's definitely something screwy with the hurry up scoring. I've been on the opposite side with getting 00 points for the terror dog hurry up.

Rob

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I was awarded 1.2bil on Gozer Hurry up

#227 3 years ago

If you long press to restart game while the scoleri brothers are up, they stay up and kind of seems you are in the mode.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You showed that prehistoric bitch how they do things downtown!

#229 3 years ago

Anyone else a little surprised there has been no code updates for months, on such a big title like GB?

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone else a little surprised there has been no code updates for months, on such a big title like GB?

Yes I was expecting something by now. It's been 4 months

PRO V1.00 - April 4, 2016
PRO V1.02 - April 22, 2016
PRO V1.03 - April 29, 2016
PRO V1.04 - May 02, 2016
PRO V1.05 - May 13, 2016

#231 3 years ago

Maybe they are holding off all updates until they resolve the PF issues...

#232 3 years ago

Not a bug, but kind of an annoyance. The left captive ball awards some important features like ball locks and lighting the playfield multipliers. When the captive ball inserts are lit sold, you need one more shot to make them start blinking. Usually the shot after they are blinking grants the award. However some items like the playfield multipliers require looping all the captive balls. So it's a bit misleading when it's blinking and you think hitting it will give the award, but you get nothing instead. I have not watched the DMD or checked instanf ingo to see if it says how many hits left to award whatever.

Perhaps the awards should not blink until they are ready to award on the next shot? It's just a thought...

Rob

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not a bug, but kind of an annoyance. The left captive ball awards some important features like ball locks and lighting the playfield multipliers. When the captive ball inserts are lit sold, you need one more shot to make them start blinking. Usually the shot after they are blinking grants the award. However some items like the playfield multipliers require looping all the captive balls. So it's a bit misleading when it's blinking and you think hitting it will give the award, but you get nothing instead. I have not watched the DMD or checked instanf ingo to see if it says how many hits left to award whatever.
Perhaps the awards should not blink until they are ready to award on the next shot? It's just a thought...
Rob

I hate how the captive ball thing works, including needing to hit them for an add a ball.

There is no clear indication on how to get awards with them either, come to think of it- I've never lit the multipliers a single time using the captive balls after a few hundred games. Definitely needs some changes there IMO.

#234 3 years ago

Not sure it has been mentioned but if u hit the right scoop during the opening ballsaver time it will over ride it with less time

#235 3 years ago

Wow, didnt know that! I try to keep the scoop active during multi ball to use the ball save....

#236 3 years ago

I swear I read somewhere that Dwight said 1.05 was going to be the last of the code updates?

#237 3 years ago

Not at all....He gave the standard answer that the game is mostly complete...which is likely true.

Im sure many of the bugs and issues will be fixed, and they are getting feedback collected to tweak from some input.

Plenty not finished, plenty call outs not yet heard....

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I hate how the captive ball thing works, including needing to hit them for an add a ball.
There is no clear indication on how to get awards with them either, come to think of it- I've never lit the multipliers a single time using the captive balls after a few hundred games. Definitely needs some changes there IMO.

Maybe you need to try some different strategies then. Try shooting proton pack and the captive balls some more.

Rob

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

I swear I read somewhere that Dwight said 1.05 was going to be the last of the code updates?

Someone reported that Dwight said at one of the summer pinball shows that GB was pretty much done. But he's also seen in the making of GB video that he wants to put in an "Are you a god?" mode. I think there will be some bug fixes, but the code is pretty good where it's at now. It could be worse, like KISS for example.... There's a few minor bugs to be fixed and maybe some tweaks to how things work. SFMB may need tweaking to score more and removing the annoying scoleri targets during multiball would be nice.

Rob

#240 3 years ago

Bug: Spook Central timer starts at 15 seconds if you fail to hit the left ramp. 15 seconds is nowhere near enough time to save the 4 ghostbusters and you will need to restart the mission again.

Rob

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

if you fail to hit the left ramp.

Play better!
Even better: when you start it over, the collect shots are still at their lowest value possible (the locked in hurry-up value holds between mode plays)

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Bug: Spook Central timer starts at 15 seconds if you fail to hit the left ramp. 15 seconds is nowhere near enough time to save the 4 ghostbusters and you will need to restart the mission again.
Rob

Wrong !
The hurry up ramp shoot is there for extra points and some animations only

If you missed it in the 15 sec, the 4 shoots are available just after

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Wrong !
The hurry up ramp shoot is there for extra points and some animations only
If you missed it in the 15 sec, the 4 shoots are available just after

You misunderstand what I wrote. The left ramp is a hurryup which sets the value for the 4 rescue shots. If you don't make the left ramp at all, it eventually times out and then you have the 4 rescue shots with minimal value. The timer then shows 15 seconds and that's just not enough time to complete the mode. Even making the left ramp shot, I got 25 seconds and that's still not very much time considering how tough the right ramp shot can be. I think the mission timer should always start at a certain time value regardless if you make the left ramp shot or the hurry up times out.

Rob

#244 3 years ago

When I start Spook Central I just catch the ball with the left flipper and hold it- which stops the hurry up timer- and back hand the left ramp which usually locks in the 15,xxx,xxx point hurry up. Never had a problem doing it that way.

#245 3 years ago

I think all multiballs should start with add-a-ball lit at the scoop and of course it can be re-qualified with the captive balls. I don't know how many hits are needed, but I hope it's only 1. Perhaps a setting for add-a-ball difficulty if one doesn't already exist? I have not looked yet.

SFMB is much more enjoyable with a longer ball save. I set mine to 30 (or 40?) seconds and while it doesn't make it easier, it certainly feels less frustrating. I even set the start of ball save time to about 20 seconds. Unfortunately the right scoop/saucer kills the ball saver so don't hit it.

Why is Tobin's disabled during the scenes? I think it should still be enabled.

Loopin Supers... These score what the current super jackpot value is so this is something that has potential for mega scores. Maybe these should score fixed jackpots instead, like 5 million per shot?

Two terror dog hurry ups in a row from the right captive ball? How about a Librarian hurry up to use the scoop insert? I realize there are 2 terror dogs in the movie so maybe that is the reason for the 2 dog hurry ups? There could be an added bonus for getting both at the same time perhaps?

We got one! Do the shots always need to be the same? Why can't the first set of shots sometimes start on the right instead of the left? It would give the mode a little bit of variety.

Hope to see some new code soon!

Rob

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think all multiballs should start with add-a-ball lit at the scoop and of course it can be re-qualified with the captive balls.

I think that would be too easy, and also likely result in many AAB's happening too **early** (when you still have ball save going, and another ball really doesn't help). It's better to get your AAB after initial ball save has expired, and when you don't still have 3-4 balls in play.

Quoted from Rob_G:

SFMB is much more enjoyable with a longer ball save.

This is a great idea. Only being able to play it on location, I'm stuck with factory defaults.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Why is Tobin's disabled during the scenes? I think it should still be enabled.

I agree. But it does force you into some interesting shot sequence choices by having it the way it is. Maybe it's disabled due to the basket of awards not always being applicable to mid-mode game state?

Quoted from Rob_G:

Loopin Supers... These score what the current super jackpot value is so this is something that has potential for mega scores. Maybe these should score fixed jackpots instead, like 5 million per shot?

Strongly disagree. This is one the best strategic scoring aspects of the game: how to increase your SJP value, and then setting yourself up to cash it in on Loopin Supers, and not too early on a rogue one-off single SJP.

Quoted from Rob_G:

We got one! Do the shots always need to be the same?

This applies to the vast majority of modern pinball modes. Given the variety of how mode shots and sequence work between GB's modes, I don't have an issue with this.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Hope to see some new code soon!

Me too!

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I think that would be too easy, and also likely result in many AAB's happening too **early** (when you still have ball save going, and another ball really doesn't help). It's better to get your AAB after initial ball save has expired, and when you don't still have 3-4 balls in play.

I honestly don't know how many times I've got the add-a-ball. I don't think it's been very much. Although sometimes I've had extra balls come into play during SFMB - could it be a mystery award from the pop bumpers? I've never seen it as I'm too busy watching the playfield.

Quoted from Snailman:

I agree. But it does force you into some interesting shot sequence choices by having it the way it is. Maybe it's disabled due to the basket of awards not always being applicable to mid-mode game state?

There's usually a good reason why some features are disabled at certain times. It's not a big deal either way.

Quoted from Snailman:

Strongly disagree. This is one the best strategic scoring aspects of the game: how to increase your SJP value, and then setting yourself up to cash it in on Loopin Supers, and not too early on a rogue one-off single SJP.

It's a good strategy, but still can provide unbalanced scoring potential. On the opposite side of the scale, SFMB does not seem to score very well. I guess we will hopefully see how scoring and rules get balanced when the code gets updated. Maybe I just suck at SFMB...

Does anyone know how the teal shots differ from the blue shots in (I think) "spooked librarian"?

Rob

#248 3 years ago

Bugs:

Terror Dog scoring went goofy again tonight. It started with a value in the millions and within a second suddenly changed to 400,000 points where it stayed. I hit the Terror Dog and was awarded 1.1 million points. Later in the game I started Terror Dog again and the value started at only 545,000 points. I don't think it's supposed to start that low?

On some scenes, the right ramp on the pro can count as 2 shots to complete the scene. The first award is given from the upper switches and then the second award is given from the lowest ramp switch. This occurs I think if the right ramp is lit again for the second shot after making the first.

The second time you start scoleri, I think it sometimes plays the introduction twice.

Rob

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The second time you start scoleri, I think it sometimes plays the introduction twice.
Rob

Mine does this all the time too.

#250 3 years ago

It's 3 ball stacks just to light add-a-ball. No wonder I never light the damn thing. How about add-a-ball lights after 1 ball stack and subsequent ball stacks adds to the number of balls added when collected? Or at least a setting to change the difficulty of the ball stack rules.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside