gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Actually, I have just looked again at the deadflip streaming (» YouTube video) and at 8:51 minutes I see the same thing, you see 4 awards, and it makes the sound of running through the awards, but the display just flickers a bit, (at 45:22 minutes the same, and probably a few times more) so I guess this is normal...

Both times in video he hit both flippers together which ends the toblins awards animation once it starts showing the individual awards

#152 7 years ago

My high on Neg reinforcement is 89 mill

Getting to where i have these sequences memorized. How F ed up is that?

Please do something about the Proton pack targets. Make it worthwhile and difficult to light and hit those targets for some decent reward or MB.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Huh? That's weird. On the GB I play, Stay Puft mode doesn't involve Slimer toy at all.
Are you talking about the 4th mode on the R orbit mode ladder?

Oh, maybe I confused it with the ballroom mode. After hitting all the shots in ballroom, the slimer toy starts to move up and down - correct?

But the real issue is the mode state being saved and restored properly when a mode times out (or ball drains) and then mode restart later in game.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Actually, I have just looked again at the deadflip streaming (» YouTube video) and at 8:51 minutes I see the same thing, you see 4 awards, and it makes the sound of running through the awards, but the display just flickers a bit, (at 45:22 minutes the same, and probably a few times more) so I guess this is normal...

It shows all the awards then lists them off individually. After 2 in the video, the player cancels the rest of the display by pressing the flipper buttons.

Rob

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's not normal. Maybe you need a new SD card from Stern?
Rob

Actually, I have just looked again at the deadflip streaming (

) and at 8:51 minutes I see the same thing, you see 4 awards, and it makes the sound of running through the awards, but the display just flickers a bit, (at 45:22 minutes the same, and probably a few times more) so I guess this is normal...

Quoted from imharrow:Is your confusion which one of the list you get? You get them all!

??? ah, ok, I did not get that at all....

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

After hitting all the shots in ballroom, the slimer toy starts to move up and down - correct?
But the real issue is the mode state being saved and restored properly when a mode times out (or ball drains) and then mode restart later in game.

Yes, you're correct. I like how Ballroom mode uses the Slimer going up/down in the later phases of the mode -- it's a good implementation of the toy.

I've noticed that GB modes save state differently. I think that for the most part, the early mode(s) of each ladder save exact state of the mode. Ex: Spook Central, if you made it into the collect phase and collected two of the four shots before draining, restarting the mode will put you back into the collect phase with the 2 shots remaining.

In later modes, it seems to save state at the beginning of the mode's phase that you were in. Ex: Gozer the Gozarian, if you made it to the 2nd hurry-up's build phase, with 3 shots lit, and you shoot 2 of 3 before draining... when you restart the mode, you'll be back at the beginning of the 2nd phase with all 3 build shots lit and required to shoot.

#157 7 years ago

I like how Tobin's awards multiple rewards.

Rob

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My high on Neg reinforcement is 89 mill
Getting to where i have these sequences memorized. How F ed up is that?

Does it even matter what you pick?

I have gone through many games where I continually pick the 1st option, and sometimes it will allow 3 picks, sometimes 5, sometimes 6, etc before it says you guessed wrong. There is no difference when I actually pick different targets or continually pick the 2nd option. I just figured the code allows a random number of rounds each time, no matter what you pick. Once you exceed the max number of rounds, it says you are wrong. Or are you saying there is some actual pattern?

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Does it even matter what you pick?
I have gone through many games where I continually pick the 1st option, and sometimes it will allow 3 picks, sometimes 5, sometimes 6, etc before it says you guessed wrong. There is no difference when I actually pick different targets or continually pick the 2nd option. I just figured the code allows a random number of rounds each time, no matter what you pick. Once you exceed the max number of rounds, it says you are wrong. Or are you saying there is some actual pattern?

Yep there is a pattern. Not sure how many different sequences there are but the choices are the same every time for the different sequences.

When I watched the Live Stream with Dead Flip, Dwight and crew were talking about what to select and when in doubt pick the star or bacon. The more you play the more you'll get the patterns down.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

...I think the # of balls in WCWS is based on the # of modes in the ladder...

since, and as said i've checked it, seems this is correct, than 2, 3 or 4 balls MB depending which ladder you've completed

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep there is a pattern. Not sure how many different sequences there are but the choices are the same every time for the different sequences.
When I watched the Live Stream with Dead Flip, Dwight and crew were talking about what to select and when in doubt pick the star or bacon. The more you play the more you'll get the patterns down.

Interesting...I am going to have to keep some notes. I often get 5 or 6 in a row correct, just by picking the 1st target. I can't say I pay attention to what the symbols actually are, so I will keep track and see what I come up with.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I've noticed that GB modes save state differently. ... In later modes, it seems to save state at the beginning of the mode's phase that you were in. ..."

interesting observation. You're probably right. Not sure if that's a bug or feature.

#163 7 years ago

Does anyone think storage facility multiball should score a bit higher on this game? Or maybe I'm just missing some strategy on it...

Rob

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone think storage facility multiball should score a bit higher on this game? Or maybe I'm just missing some strategy on it...
Rob

I definitely think the second time around it should be. It's really hard to get back into it after playing once. Not quite sure how to get back into it either, so that doesn't help. Haha

#165 7 years ago

There's certainly some interesting scoring nuances in the game. For example, Spooked Librarian lights the spinner insert red for ramping up the super jackpot scores (100,000 per rotation I think). So you could start the mode and maybe ignore the blue shots, concentrating on the spinner to increase super jackpot scoring. I really need to pay attention more and see if the values carry over from ball to ball or not.

Previously I was thinking Mass Hysteria should start from a scoop shot, but now that I think about it, it's fine the way it is. All of the ghost ladder awards trigger/light as soon as you reach that plateau so why should MH be any different..

I haven't played the game much this week as I've been working hard and been tired too. I hope to get some quality ghost busting time in this weekend! I really need a shaker for this game.....

Rob

#166 7 years ago

about the "book stacking" 4 mini modes, i only realize today that i've never seen the LIBRARIAN (the round insert of course) !?

i've just spend more than few games to aim only for that right captive ball, and than only get the 3 others mini modes : the brothers, the terror dog & gozer

!?

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please do something about the Proton pack targets. Make it worthwhile and difficult to light and hit those targets for some decent reward or MB.

I wish those gear targets were actual drop targets, like TWD. Maybe collect them towards building your super jackpot, or building to another multiball.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Spooked Librarian lights the spinner insert red for ramping up the super jackpot scores (100,000 per rotation I think). So you could start the mode and maybe ignore the blue shots, concentrating on the spinner to increase super jackpot scoring. I really need to pay attention more and see if the values carry over from ball to ball or not.

Spooked librarian spinner is small potatoes on increasing the super. He Slimed Me and Gozer the Gozarian are where it's at. Check out your SJP value after THOSE modes.

The SJP value carries from ball to ball if you haven't yet collected a SJP. As soon as you do, when you drain the current ball, SJP is back to 1M.

#169 7 years ago

I watched the Stern 'making of ghostbusters' video again and noticed JT said the green light on the ghost trap was going to mean it is empty. The way the code is now, the green light indicates ball 2 is locked. I thought it was kind of strange that the ball 1 and 2 lock lights were different colors. Maybe green can still indicate empty, solid red is 1 lock and a blinking red is 2 locks?

Rob

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the mode should be kinda like the roulette on Who Dunnit where you have to wager money every time you take a chance and guess, you can stop and take what points you have earned or try again and if you guess wrong, lose everything? Ay least its worth your time playing.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I think the mode should be kinda like the roulette on Who Dunnit where you have to wager money every time you take a chance and guess, you can stop and take what points you have earned or try again and if you guess wrong, lose everything? Ay least its worth your time playing.

But then it's not true to the movie because there was no money involved.

Maybe the value needs to start higher, like at 1 million...

Rob

#172 7 years ago

Getting some quality GB time in late tonight!

I didn't install the tilt bob and I don't think I'm going to. GB needs a bit more nudging/sliding to save from the center drains.

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions:

- Terror Dog Hurry Up. I used to think it was the stand up target that scored the hurry up, but it's actually the right ramp?
- Spooked Librarian. Sometimes this ends after just 1 shot. Is that normal, like 1 of them is an 'end shot' and the others are not?

Rob

#173 7 years ago

right ramp OR stand up target (and finally its a pity, as only the target should give it, even if its really hard to get)

SL : think its when you're shooting right ramp & collect almost 3 switches on it (and than yes, lets admit its another bug)

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But then it's not true to the movie because there was no money involved.
Maybe the value needs to start higher, like at 1 million...
Rob

I get it, but i almost think i would rather see some kind of video mode like Drac where your blasting ghosts, i just think the mode is boring really.

#175 7 years ago

There is definitely a bug with the ESP video mode. I think if you flip the flippers to abort the intro it also makes the mode instantly exit without any notice after a wrong(?) choice.

Rob

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yes, you're correct. I like how Ballroom mode uses the Slimer going up/down in the later phases of the mode -- it's a good implementation of the toy.
I've noticed that GB modes save state differently. I think that for the most part, the early mode(s) of each ladder save exact state of the mode. Ex: Spook Central, if you made it into the collect phase and collected two of the four shots before draining, restarting the mode will put you back into the collect phase with the 2 shots remaining.
In later modes, it seems to save state at the beginning of the mode's phase that you were in. Ex: Gozer the Gozarian, if you made it to the 2nd hurry-up's build phase, with 3 shots lit, and you shoot 2 of 3 before draining... when you restart the mode, you'll be back at the beginning of the 2nd phase with all 3 build shots lit and required to shoot.

On state of mode reset I was thinking it reset to the start on modes that were timed. Ballroom is where I started noticing it. I just started getting time to play this more the last few days so I'm kinda behind on a lot of it.

I don't know if it is just a bug on ours our not but sometimes the slimer toy comes down for no reason and is not lit up. No amount of bashing him makes him move. You have to start GHOST to make the game realize the state he is in and then it fixes itself.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I don't know if it is just a bug on ours our not but sometimes the slimer toy comes down for no reason and is not lit up. No amount of bashing him makes him move. You have to start GHOST to make the game realize the state he is in and then it fixes itself.

I have not seen this on my pro. Perhaps one of the mechanism position switches has a problem?

Rob

#178 7 years ago

Storage facility multiball and Scoleri brothers just don't mix well. The game is hard enough as it is and these targets become a real PITA during multiball because one of them is always up. The object is to collect all the ghosts so why do I need to keep shooting these again and again?

I've come close to getting all the ghosts, but it's tough keeping the balls in play. Has anyone managed to capture all the ghosts? Maybe that's where real the points are in this multiball? I hit the other flashing stuff and maybe end up with 25 million if I'm lucky.

Rob

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Storage facility multiball and Scoleri brothers just don't mix well. The game is hard enough as it is and these targets become a real PITA during multiball because one of them is always up. The object is to collect all the ghosts so why do I need to keep shooting these again and again?
I've come close to getting all the ghosts, but it's tough keeping the balls in play. Has anyone managed to capture all the ghosts? Maybe that's where real the points are in this multiball? I hit the other flashing stuff and maybe end up with 25 million if I'm lucky.
Rob

Good call, collect both brothers and let them be done!

#180 7 years ago

not a prob for me, even if yes, of course this add some difficulties, suppose Dwight want it as it

than, better to remove this, is having an option in the set-up with our personal choice

#181 7 years ago

Any one have a great way to install this ghost and any way on adding a light inside it by chance? This is my first pinball that I am modifying. I haven't received my premium yet, but stern told me around mid September is when they are going to start shipping the premiums in the US. Here is a picture of someone that has installed the ghost on theirs.

Ghost (resized).jpgGhost (resized).jpg

#182 7 years ago

I had that ghost installed on my LE but slimer hits it in the LE and premium as it moves side to side.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Any one have a great way to install this ghost and any way on adding a light inside it by chance? This is my first pinball that I am modifying. I haven't received my premium yet, but stern told me around mid September is when they are going to start shipping the premiums in the US. Here is a picture of someone that has installed the ghost on theirs.

It currently sits over the flasher, so it flashes when the ball ejects from the scoop.

To add additional lighting to GB, one can either try to tap the power from the light board, or off the wires/zconnector coming in.
The easier way, where there still are Flashers or socketed bulbs, a Matrix 6.3V will run off the flashers.

I have lit the city Purple, A Green Flasher behind Marshmallow, and hope to add much more.

It honestly doesnt need much...looks pretty awesome as it comes, but still fun to personalize.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Storage facility multiball and Scoleri brothers just don't mix well.

THIS. x1000

#185 7 years ago

Seriously ! Get rid of the Scoleri's during multiball, sucks they come up in the first place, but during multiball blows

#186 7 years ago

Bill Murrays (random?) callout 'don't turn it off!' during SF Multiball needs to be louder or the game needs to be quieter (lower or cut the music) because it's very hard to hear this one. Or can we get a bit more audio from the movie scene put in there before multiball starts?

SF Multiball scoring is terrible. The jackpot you get for capturing all the ghosts is peanuts at about 5 million. Scoleri targets and slimer contribute nothing to the multiball itself. I feel it's such an underwhelming multiball the way it is now. Why not have something like the gear increase the scoring? If you collect all the gear (5 items?) before going into the multiball, you get maximum scoring potential - because you are best prepared to recapture the ghosts. 5 gear = 5 times scoring? 2 gear = 2x scoring? I don't want to change it into GoT, but the scoring does need to improve.

Lighting add a ball from the captive balls is very difficult to do. It could be easier or have a setting to be easier.

Super jackpots and other significant scores could show the multiplied values. Or the DMD could also show that playfield multipliers are active and affecting score.

Change the blinking of the scenes when they are ready to a faded blink... I think that would look better than the current strobing flash.

Alternate RGB inserts from green to white during extra ball animation. Green for slimer, white for car. Then a mix when they crash.

Explain some of the scene scoring better. Spooked Librarian tells us blue shots do something, but then they change to cyan and what does that mean? I've had spooked librarian end after only 1 shot - that can't be right??

I've never seen the librarian insert light up during the game. What is this for?

From Tobin's awards, when I got "Biggest Points" today it did not show what the actual points value is.

Hey, don't get me wrong as I think GB is fantastic and if the code didn't change I'd be ok with that. But at the same time I think some things do need tweaking. I set my SF Mutliball timer to 40 seconds as 15 is just too low when the balls hang up in the pop bumpers a lot. Some scene timers might need a tweak too.

Rob

#187 7 years ago

There is a scoring bug with the Terror Dog hurry up scoring. I just played a game, shot the Terror Dog hurry up (right ramp) and the points it gave me: 00

I had scoleri going, started terror dog hurry up which timed out, started it again on same ball, shot it right away and that's when it gave me 00 points.

Rob

#188 7 years ago

come on Dwight

we have already more than enough here to makes the code a big step forward
tanx in advance for all GB lovers

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a scoring bug with the Terror Dog hurry up scoring. I just played a game, shot the Terror Dog hurry up (right ramp) and the points it gave me: 00

Nice. Yeah, I once had my final collect on Stay Puft mode (the final hurry-up) register a whopping 00. I actually wouldn't mind if this stayed in the code to mock the player -- I certainly bricked enough shots to that easy R orbit to justify getting mocked by the game.

I have faith in Dwight. Just keep reminding yourself that patience is a virtue.
And remember that in Stern games from not that long ago, early code was NOWHERE NEAR this developed.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

SF Multiball scoring is terrible. The jackpot you get for capturing all the ghosts is peanuts at about 5 million. Scoleri targets and slimer contribute nothing to the multiball itself.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get much out of SFMB. Since the scoring was so low, I went the strategic route of trying to use the MB to increase the chances of advancing past difficult modes. But since modes are timed, and the Scoleri Bros ruin every SFMB, I found that playing a mode during SFMB is HARDER than playing it in single ball play. Ugh.

#191 7 years ago

Loopin Supers-
Needs to take precedent over everything. It totally sucks ass when you start loopin supers, hit a loop, and the ball diverts over to the kickout hole instead of back to the right flipper. You also shouldn't be able to start loopers during multiball.

Install an option for ball save from spooked librarian kickout. It's as big a problem as the right kickout on some games.

neg reinforcement - it's lame get rid of it or radically change it

Storage MB - how about cleaning this mess of a multiball up a little bit? Do something about the scoleri targets always being up. Make add-a-ball a little easier to get. Give us a CLEAR POINT instead of the "everything is lit" approach.

#192 7 years ago

Any news on when the next code update for GB is coming out? I'm surprised that months have gone by now without a substantial update for the game.

While GB code is more complete then other games code at launch it still feels a bit shallow. Why doesn't the slimer mech in the premium have unique rules (it moves, has to be hit, moves again, etc), where's a Slimer MB for the games main toy, where's more animations for the Ecto Goggles, etc?

I'm glad to see Stern releasing more complete games at launch but I hope that doesn't mean that game code going forward won't be as deep as those in the past.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Loopin Supers-
Needs to take precedent over everything. It totally sucks ass when you start loopin supers, hit a loop, and the ball diverts over to the kickout hole instead of back to the right flipper. You also shouldn't be able to start loopers during multiball.

I guess I don't mind Loopin Supers starting during MB or vice versa. I like the stackability.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Install an option for ball save from spooked librarian kickout. It's as big a problem as the right kickout on some games.

Definitely. I've asked for this as well. The left kickout is MUCH worse than the right.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

neg reinforcement - it's lame get rid of it or radically change it

At first I liked it because it's a great use of the Negative Reinforcment scene from the movie. But after playing the video mode a few times, it grew stale.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any news on when the next code update for GB is coming out?

But you already know the answer to that: "Stay tuned." hahaha

#195 7 years ago

Is 1.05 the latest code for the pro? I cannot find anything newer on Sterns website

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Is 1.05 the latest code for the pro? I cannot find anything newer on Sterns website

1.05 is the latest, which isn't even posted on the website any more for the pro.

Rob

#197 7 years ago

Moved post...

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

1.05 is the latest, which isn't even posted on the website any more for the pro.
Rob

Sure it is.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-ghostbusters-pro

#199 7 years ago

It wasn't there yesterday.... Maybe someone from Stern read my post and fixed their website.

Rob

#200 7 years ago

Bug: Multiple Scoleri Brother callouts when the mode activates.

I did a scoleri combo today which was kind of cool. I hit the edge of the right target and the ball ricocheted into the left target for a quick 1 - 2 target completion. I think the Scoleri Brothers should sometimes hide (target down) on you which would make the mode more fun.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.