gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

WCWS we came we saw, the "mini" wizard mode when compleeting 1 of the 3 ladders
1st time is/seems 2 balls MB
2nd time is/seems 3 balls MB

I believe this is incorrect. I think the # of balls in WCWS is based on the # of modes in the ladder you just completed. Each time I've completed the left scoop ladder, my WCWS was only 2 balls (to start off, prior to any add a ball). And when I completed the right orbit ladder, it was 4 balls for WCWS. I'm pretty sure about this, but not 100%.

I think it's a good nuance -- the WCWS for completing the right orbit ladder is MUCH harder than the 2 modes on the L scoop.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I believe this is incorrect. I think the # of balls in WCWS is based on the # of modes in the ladder you just completed. Each time I've completed the left scoop ladder, my WCWS was only 2 balls (to start off, prior to any add a ball). And when I completed the right orbit ladder, it was 4 balls for WCWS. I'm pretty sure about this, but not 100%.
I think it's a good nuance -- the WCWS for completing the right orbit ladder is MUCH harder than the 2 modes on the L scoop.

I've only completed the right ladder, but it's a great mode and a cool surprise.

#103 7 years ago

nice touch, and yes may be its going that way
will be more focused on it from now on

#104 7 years ago

Bug or just a misunderstanding of the mode? Play Spook Central and the DMD states collect the purple shots to save the ghostbusters. The starting lit shots are all white and making one appears to save a ghostbuster. This in turn lights the right saucer/scoop purple, for something else?

I wish there was a subtle fanfare effect (or callout) for making 3 switch hits on the pro when shooting the right ramp.

Some effects needs to stand out more I think. Like when you loop a captive ball on the left side, the sound effect is not very distinguishable. So if you aren't paying attention you might now know if you made it or not.

Would like to see a setting to disable lighting the trap (lock) after collecting so many ghosts. Default can be as it is now, but I want to be able to qualify the locks the way it was before from the captive balls. Maybe that's too hard, but I'd like to be able to choose the lock difficulty nevertheless.

Add special combo rewards for making the left ramp after hitting slimer or even more rare, the left ramp from the captive ball (I've done it!). Ok the second one is a real stretch, but the first is doable.

More of a question. Why the heck am I sometimes getting a triple super jackpot? Sure it's more points, but why is it tripled? I don't think I've ever had a double? Does that exist?

Rob

#105 7 years ago

Beating the scolarei bros for the first time lights a triple super jackpot.

#106 7 years ago

Balls banging the glass are the least of your worries. Balls banging the play field are the problem.

The airballs, while livable during gameplay for the most part, will dimple your play field more than ANY other pin you own. Combine that with the questionable play fields, NO WONDER you're going to have insert issues. And if your inserts aren't ghosting, you're probably going to have to live with the mess.

It looks worse than any 30 year old Bally/Williams I own and any Stern I have. I don't have this on Metallica with 4000 plays!

Hard to show in photos but in the purple they stand out in the pics. They are EVERYWHERE. Just unacceptable.

I know dimpling is normal, but the extent of it is crazy on GB.

dimplesbig_(resized).jpgdimplesbig_(resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpgdimples2_(resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The starting lit shots are all white and making one appears to save a ghostbuster. This in turn lights the right saucer/scoop purple, for something else?

Purple is a bug, or a difference of opinion on colour. The purple you are seeing at the right scoop is almost certainly just your river of slime collect from hitting right orbit or right ramp.

#108 7 years ago

Probably a bug: Shooting the left ramp (for example) as the last shot of a scene automatically starts the next scene on that ladder.

Rob

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Probably a bug: Shooting the left ramp (for example) as the last shot of a scene automatically starts the next scene on that ladder.
Rob

well, i see more this as something wanted by Dwight
to makes you to play more tactical and yes, shooting the mode to have the last shoot being in 1 of the 3 ladders and than have the next mode directly begin...

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i see more this as something wanted by Dwight
to makes you to play more tactical and yes, shooting the mode to have the last shoot being in 1 of the 3 ladders and than have the next mode directly begin...

Correct. Definitely not a bug. The same effect applies to all 3 ladders, and requires more intentional shot-making if you want to instantly start your next mode, and also if you want to continue on a particular ladder.

I think it's a fantastic gameplay/ code feature.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

One person's bug is another person's feature.

#112 7 years ago

Slimer now registers random hits. Anyone find a method to fix this with the new version on the LE?

I only need to start Slimer, then he'll finish off the hits needed to light Start Scene himself.

#113 7 years ago

Dwight, I hope you still read the forum threads for our feedback! Keep up the great work!

Wishlist:

2 ball, bash slimer multiball.

Can slimer (pro model) rise up and back down the odd time to make him a bit more elusive to hit? Or is that too kludgy?

Edit - Gozer increases terror dog hurry up. So I guess it does something when not lit.

Quicker intro into the video mode. There's a bug(?) where sometimes the video mode exits instantly with no callout or video, I assume I lost?

Variation on some scene start callouts if possible?

Rob

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Variation on some scene start callouts if possible?
Rob

I like this idea

#115 7 years ago

"Purple" is a bug on Spook Central, right scoop is only thing that lights purple.

Also, on Tobin, there a couple of selections that despite what it says it will start the Scoleri brothers instead.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Purple" is a bug on Spook Central, right scoop is only thing that lights purple.
Also, on Tobin, there a couple of selections that despite what it says it will start the Scoleri brothers instead.

It's either white or a lighter shade of purple.. It should be changed to avoid confusion with river of slime maybe?

Rob

#117 7 years ago

Mass Hysteria needs to start from a (right) scoop shot I think. Just having it instantly start with flippers reversed is downright annoying. At this point the player can be instructed what is going on.... Ghosts cannot be collected again until MH is over.

Rob

#118 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned: The Mass Hysteria insert doesn't work. You hit 100 ghosts and it doesn't light up. The other inserts turn off as well.

Rob

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's a bug(?) where sometimes the video mode exits instantly with no callout or video, I assume I lost?

I think you have a switch that is accidentally triggering. I have seen this on a routed GB, but I am 90% sure it thinks a ball is in play and stops video mode. That machine also sometimes autolaunches the ball.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I think you have a switch that is accidentally triggering. I have seen this on a routed GB, but I am 90% sure it thinks a ball is in play and stops video mode. That machine also sometimes autolaunches the ball.

That's entirely possible. I did have to adjust one of the sling switches because it was causing random sling kicks. Maybe that was the culprit.

Oh, I got 89 million tonight on the video mode

Rob

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can slimer (pro model) rise up and back down the odd time to make him a bit more elusive to hit? Or is that too kludgy?
Rob

End of the ballroom mode slimer moves up and down differently.

#122 7 years ago

He Slimed Me - There appears to be no visible timer on this mission and it does not end if you don't make any shots right away. I didn't make the left ramp for about 30 seconds and when I did, the cleaner crosses the halway and the scene just ends. I played it again and there's no timer. Tested with the glass off, sure seems like some kind of bug.

Rob

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

He Slimed Me - There appears to be no visible timer on this mission and it does not end if you don't make any shots right away. I didn't make the left ramp for about 30 seconds and when I did, the cleaner crosses the halway and the scene just ends. I played it again and there's no timer. Tested with the glass off, sure seems like some kind of bug.
Rob

You hit slimer to end the he slimed me mode. You timed out probably when you hit the left ramp.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You hit slimer to end the he slimed me mode. You timed out probably when you hit the left ramp.

No, that's not it. I've tested with the glass off and just rolling the ball through the left ramp. The scene fails on a left ramp shot and you have to play it again. Let the scene run for 30 seconds and it's still going. Then shoot the left ramp and it fails.

Rob

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned: The Mass Hysteria insert doesn't work. You hit 100 ghosts and it doesn't light up. The other inserts turn off as well.
Rob

it was, page 1

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 7 years ago

I know it will never happen but I wish they would replace the video mode with something else altogether, it has to be in the running for the worst video mode ever, as its completely random and not skill based at all its just annoying. I skip it every time now.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

...as its completely random and not skill based at all its just annoying...

well, of course you're right, but lets admit its just to match the humor of the movie, as this scene is nice for sure
and than, to avoid people skiping it, may be its a good idea to leave the points factor always to "double or nothing", as after 64M its adding 25M on each turns

(this not for tournament setting of course)

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I know it will never happen but I wish they would replace the video mode with something else altogether, it has to be in the running for the worst video mode ever, as its completely random and not skill based at all its just annoying. I skip it every time now.

Kinda like guessing cards in in real life?

#129 7 years ago

Bug or switch problem: a lot of times when shooting the ball up the left ramp and in the subway (LE version), I get x ball locked, and then nothing happens untill a ball search starts, then I hear the ball roll under the playfield and the scoop spits it out, or sometimes it just takes a while and then a new ball is launched

Request: A ball saver would be nice for when the ball exits the subway, because many times the ball exits the ramp into the inlane, and then hops out the outlane

Question: how do the superjackpots of slimer work? If I hit him a couple of times I have to hit all the green shots before lighting the super, if I hit him once I only have to hit 1 green shot before lighting the super, and after I can do the same thing again, but how is this points wise? Would hitting all shots first be a bigger value super? And I think if I stack a couple of supers, I just get one and it stays lit after that so I can shoot it again, (not sure though, seems to vary) would be better if the super just gets more valuable?

#130 7 years ago

xyntec - mine was doing this. ball 1 locked everytime. ball 2 would almost never register and would start a ball search. look down in your subway and lightly shake the machine. you will see the edge of the ball sitting there between the metal and plastic.
I had to take my metal subway off and bend the metal closest to the front to make the ball not hang and roll forward into it's lock 2 opto position. haven't had a problem since.
Hope this helps.
I could take a photo of where I bent it if you can't figure it out.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

A ball saver would be nice for when the ball exits the subway, because many times the ball exits the ramp into the inlane, and then hops out the outlane

Weclome to The Hobbit. Both GBLE and my Hobbit do this. And then Golum says "that's not fair". yeah no sh!t!

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Question: how do the superjackpots of slimer work? If I hit him a couple of times I have to hit all the green shots before lighting the super, if I hit him once I only have to hit 1 green shot before lighting the super, and after I can do the same thing again, but how is this points wise? Would hitting all shots first be a bigger value super? And I think if I stack a couple of supers, I just get one and it stays lit after that so I can shoot it again, (not sure though, seems to vary) would be better if the super just gets more valuable?

It's lit when all the slime is cleared, regardless of whether that takes just one shot, or many more. They don't specifically increase the SJ value, so points wise, you're better off cleaning it then collecting the SJ.

As far as stacking SJs, some things award a "triple super" (e.g. Scoleri Bros.). I believe you can have up to a "sextuple super" on the stack at once, but you can only collect up to a triple off the stack per single shot. And if that is the case, I'd hate to think there's the possibility of wasting a SJ.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

It's lit when all the slime is cleared, regardless of whether that takes just one shot, or many more. They don't specifically increase the SJ value, so points wise, you're better off cleaning it then collecting the SJ.
As far as stacking SJs, some things award a "triple super" (e.g. Scoleri Bros.). I believe you can have up to a "sextuple super" on the stack at once, but you can only collect up to a triple off the stack per single shot. And if that is the case, I'd hate to think there's the possibility of wasting a SJ.

It seems odd to have super jackpots with no regular jackpots in the game.

Rob

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I don't mind it and if you are lucky it can be lucrative. I got 89 million from it last night. Plus if a playfield multiplier is running that could be even more (I hope!).

It's way better than the GoT video mode...

Rob

#135 7 years ago

Had a couple requests for the photo to stop the subway hangups.
The piece of metal I'm pointing at needs bent back towards the plastic subway [toward the finger].
I put mine in a vice and gently tweaked it more open.
It didn't need bent too much - after bending I've NEVER had any more issues with ball 2 not locking and loading up the next ball immediately.
**This photo was taken AFTER bending
IMAG1700 (resized).jpgIMAG1700 (resized).jpg

#136 7 years ago

We need a negative reinforcement highest score champion as well.... The game could then taunt you what the current champion is before you start. Scoring over 100 million gives you an extra ball as well (optional auto setting perhaps that starts at 100 mil).

Rob

#137 7 years ago

Stern Needs You!, Rob!

Another Great Idea!

#138 7 years ago

Minor bug: If you shoot the left scoop with a scene start and tobin's lit, the game starts to play the scene music and then abruply cuts off to the tobin's music.

Rob

#139 7 years ago

Hey Dwight - if you're reading this, I think I saw this issue a couple times

- get to marshmallow man mode, only 2 shots left before slimer starts to move up and down
- mode times out.
- start mode again, hit both shots, slimers starts to move
- ball drains

* start the mode again on next ball and you have to go back and shot the last 2 shots again

Basically the mode state is not properly reset after a ball drain and a mode restart.
Or it affects any sort of mode restart even of the ball did not drain.
I did not do a glass off test to find the exact steps.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It seems odd to have super jackpots with no regular jackpots in the game.
Rob

Plenty of regular jackpots to be had in SFM. The odd thing is - a fresh 1m "super jackpot" can be worth less than a regular SFM jackpot.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

xyntec - mine was doing this. ball 1 locked everytime. ball 2 would almost never register and would start a ball search. look down in your subway and lightly shake the machine. you will see the edge of the ball sitting there between the metal and plastic.
I had to take my metal subway off and bend the metal closest to the front to make the ball not hang and roll forward into it's lock 2 opto position. haven't had a problem since.
Hope this helps.
I could take a photo of where I bent it if you can't figure it out.

Thanks, going to try that this weekend

#142 7 years ago

One more thing...is the tobin guide mystery visible to anyone in the display?? I just hear some sound effect like it's running through the different awards and the display blinks a bit, but I don't see what is actually highlighted, not that it matters because as far as I know I only got the super jackpot lit every time?

#143 7 years ago

oh and I also got the skillshot awarded a couple of times already when the ball just made it over the orbit rollover switch and then back again, is that supposed to be?

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

One more thing...is the tobin guide mystery visible to anyone in the display?? I just hear some sound effect like it's running through the different awards and the display blinks a bit, but I don't see what is actually highlighted, not that it matters because as far as I know I only got the super jackpot lit every time?

That's not normal. Maybe you need a new SD card from Stern?

Rob

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

oh and I also got the skillshot awarded a couple of times already when the ball just made it over the orbit rollover switch and then back again, is that supposed to be?

This happens on my game too. I'm at work now, but the weird thing with the skill shot is that it starts the mode at the right orbit even if the ball doesn't make it all the way around. If you are trying to start the scene normally, you need to make the complete shot around to the left side - I think. It's a bit inconsistent that way....

Rob

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I think you have a switch that is accidentally triggering. I have seen this on a routed GB, but I am 90% sure it thinks a ball is in play and stops video mode.

I've seen the same thing on a local GB on location. I had video mode call outs going during WCWS.
I started looping the L ramp, and Bill Murray was telling me, "Only 75 more to go." Ha!

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I think you have a switch that is accidentally triggering. I have seen this on a routed GB, but I am 90% sure it thinks a ball is in play and stops video mode.

I've seen the same thing on a local GB on location. I had video mode call outs going during WCWS.
I started looping the L ramp, and Bill Murray was telling me, "Only 75 more to go." Ha!

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

- get to marshmallow man mode, only 2 shots left before slimer starts to move up and down
- mode times out.
- start mode again, hit both shots, slimers starts to move
- ball drains

Huh? That's weird. On the GB I play, Stay Puft mode doesn't involve Slimer toy at all.
Are you talking about the 4th mode on the R orbit mode ladder?

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's not normal. Maybe you need a new SD card from Stern?
Rob

Actually, I have just looked again at the deadflip streaming (

) and at 8:51 minutes I see the same thing, you see 4 awards, and it makes the sound of running through the awards, but the display just flickers a bit, (at 45:22 minutes the same, and probably a few times more) so I guess this is normal...

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Actually, I have just looked again at the deadflip streaming (» YouTube video) and at 8:51 minutes I see the same thing, you see 4 awards, and it makes the sound of running through the awards, but the display just flickers a bit, (at 45:22 minutes the same, and probably a few times more) so I guess this is normal...

Is your confusion which one of the list you get? You get them all!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.