gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 7 years ago

question :

about the TS Guide and the mystery award, 1st was thinking it gives you 1 (and only 1) of all the listed awards, by quickly choosing & than simply pressing the 2 flippers buttons, or just waiting for the last of that list if you wanna that one...

but in fact seems that ALL the listed awards are given, is this working as it was intended to, or its a bug !?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

question :
about the TS Guide and the mystery award, 1st was thinking it gives you 1 (and only 1) of all the listed awards, by quickly choosing & than simply pressing the 2 flippers buttons, or just waiting for the last of that list if you wanna that one...
but in fact seems that ALL the listed awards are given, is this working as it was intended to, or its a bug !?

I think you should probably assume all the behaviors you see are as intended and not bugs then learn how to play the game using that as the rule set rather than expecting the rule set to be something it's not. I also don't think the ramp issue you reported on last post was a bug. There's a lot of interesting stuff in the code for the three ramp switches.

#53 7 years ago

Would love to see a mode on the premium / LE where Slimer stops at different points and that insert shot (arrow, captive ball, etc) must be hit in order to move him to the next shot. That would really take advantage of the extra movement the slimer mech offers on the premium / LE.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think you should probably assume all the behaviors you see are as intended and not bugs then learn how to play the game using that as the rule set rather than expecting the rule set to be something it's not. I also don't think the ramp issue you reported on last post was a bug. There's a lot of interesting stuff in the code for the three ramp switches.

ok about the 2 issues, and yes, dont know what they had in mind
and you're right with these right ramp 3 switches

almost its noticed here, than...

#55 7 years ago

question : again, dont know if its a bug or coded as it :

yesterday, while going for the WCWS, i didnt shot the ramp when ready, and decide to go before for left captive ball, as wanted the PF multiplier to maximize the mini wizard mode

the left captive ball was ready (lights on) with : LIGHT SJ, LIGHT PF M (and i think also ADD A B)
i shoot it, lights inserts than goes blinking, but while i keep shooting this (for almost 2 or 3 complete "round"), nothing happend on the game and nothing changes on these inserts...

!?

is this because WCWS was ready to start on the left ramp, and 1st award of the captive shoud have been the super jackpot, on that same ramp ?

#56 7 years ago

I have an idea for a fun slimer mode where you have to lower slimer by shooting the left spinner, like you are winding him down to the playfield, pulling him into a trap. You could have an animation showing him getting pulled towards a ghost trap as you do it. Maybe have to make x number of spins in a timed period otherwise he escapes. Wind him right down then shoot him to catch slimer and start slimer multiball. All green arrows lit, collect them all for super slimer jackpot.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

is this because WCWS was ready to start on the left ramp, and 1st award of the captive shoud have been the super jackpot, on that same ramp ?

about that, its not the clue as it works few minutes ago (only get LIGHT SJ ready), enable it, and than collect it while getting ramp for the WCWS... need more investigation to understand (my son is saying that the prob is sometimes due to switche(s) default in the captive zone !?)

#58 7 years ago

bug ?

when playing the left ladder, and getting the last shot of BACK OFF MAN (than in the left scoop), the left ramp become active and waiting a shot for the WCWS 2 balls MB... lets admit thats how its suppose to work

but

3 or 4 times already, i've noticed when putting ball in the scoop, game directly add a ball (why ???), as WCWS is NOT started... and if i get the ramp, WCWS will start, with another ball logically added in the game

than why ???
not sure, but may be this could be linked to the fact that i got the "add a ball" feature ready (and missed) in that left scoop in the previous MB i got in the game ?

#59 7 years ago

question :

when left lader (scoop) is already finished, and while the 2 others are active and waiting for a shot to star a mode, if you get that left lader, of course logicaly none of the mode will begin, but than the 2 others laders waiting modes will shut off, and than you have to redo again GHOST and SLIMER to relight them...

not sure, but may be this is happening when the tobbin's guide is active

1 week later
#60 7 years ago

suggestion :

in the LIBRARIAN mode, i like the idea of the spinner left lane going "red" for a short time, to make the super jackpot growing
because it makes you to quick think of what you wanna do/aim

than, why only in that single mode ? this would be fine on more/every modes (when not using that shot to complete the mode of course)

3 weeks later
#61 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

question :
when left lader (scoop) is already finished, and while the 2 others are active and waiting for a shot to star a mode, if you get that left lader, of course logicaly none of the mode will begin, but than the 2 others laders waiting modes will shut off, and than you have to redo again GHOST and SLIMER to relight them...
not sure, but may be this is happening when the tobbin's guide is active

not only the tobin's guide, also happend if extra ball is ready and you collect it... ready to start mode will shut off on the 2 others ladders

#62 7 years ago

It's shaping up to be a really great game! Few ideas/observations...

*Possible Bug: I think in the new code they have text/sound alerting you "Ball X Locked" every time you lock a ball for Storage Facility Multiball. Seems like it does it only on the PREM/LE but not on the Pro. Perhaps this might be because there aren't any physical locks in the Pro? Nick from Arcade Heroes noted this when he videoed himself playing the new code on a Pro.

*I wish they'd have at least some brief reference to Vigo from Ghostbusters 2. Perhaps he could be the subject of some kind of mini wizard mode if... say, you collect all the Ghostbusters equipment from the left standup backs. No matter what you'd ought to get *something* special if you get them all.

*Really goofy idea, but if you end up winning the "Are You a God?" wizard mode (haven't seen it yet), they could pay homage to the original Ghostbusters NES game by displaying the infamous, misspelled "conglaturation !!!" end screen on the display.

*In general more callouts would be great, particularly when you start modes (currently, it seems like you get the same one every time at startup, which can get old after a while). Slimer also lacks a lot of callouts during his mode.

*During the Stay Puft mode, they could add more effects to Stay Puft. Specifically, they could have him light up and move about whenever he roars or stomps around New York City.

#63 7 years ago

(report copy/paste from french forum)

j'ai le LE il y a quelques truc à changé, en premier quand le flip est allumé et que l'on n'y joue pas un certain temps et que l'on veux refaire une partie après, l'écran avec les hologrames ne fonctionne plus ( pour qu'ils refonctionne je doit éteindre et ré allumé le flip ) , les batteurs pourrais perdre une peut de puissance entre 10 et 15 % , les deux inserts rouge dans les outlanes je ne sais pas à quoi ils servent, quand ils sont allumé on pourrait recevoir une extra ball

1 week later
#64 7 years ago

Following!

#65 7 years ago

Does anyone have their games set to light extra ball after X ghosts? I had it set to that on 1.04 and it started at 50 and there was a setting to have it adjust up or down if it wasn't collected for a while. Once collected it would go back to 50. On 1.05 I changed to that setting again and I just checked on it yesterday and it was "extra ball at 102 ghosts". WTF? Pretty sure that on the new code it's counting up if it's not collected instead of down. I just set it to 50 at all times so it doesn't affect my players now, but that was strange.

#66 7 years ago

Don't know if this has been suggested but I think a player needs to some kind of visual clue when the flippers are reversed and when they are not in mass hysteria. Nearly every time I at one ball and the mode has ended I lose that ball because I'm hitting the wrong flipper. I is difficult to know you only have one ball left and the mode is over. What do you think?

#68 7 years ago

I noticed this issue several times.

- raise playfield to support position.
- inspect the bottom of the playfield
- lower playfield to standard position.
* note all 3 balls in captive ball feature are held up by the post
- start a new game
> ball #1 is popped into plunger lane for player
> captive ball post drops, all 3 balls roll back to starting position and they trigger the switches when rolling down.
And the shaker motor does a moderate shake

ISSUE
These switch hits are considered playfield validation (hope I'm using that term correctly)
and the ball in the plunger lane is auto launched.
The player does not get a chance to pick his favorite skill shot.

USER EXPERIENCE
Player presses start button, the game immediately shakes and ball #1 is auto launched through the orbit and down to the left flipper.
Wow - what happened?

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

*Really goofy idea, but if you end up winning the "Are You a God?" wizard mode (haven't seen it yet), they could pay homage to the original Ghostbusters NES game by displaying the infamous, misspelled "conglaturation !!!" end screen on the display.

CONGLATURATION !!!
YOU HAVE COMPLETED A GREAT MODE.
NOW GO AND SHOOT AGAIN OUR HEROES !

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

I noticed this issue several times.
- raise playfield to support position.
- inspect the bottom of the playfield
- lower playfield to standard position.
* note all 3 balls in captive ball feature are held up by the post
- start a new game
> ball #1 is popped into plunger lane for player
> captive ball post drops, all 3 balls roll back to starting position and they trigger the switches when rolling down.
And the shaker motor does a moderate shake
ISSUE
These switch hits are considered playfield validation (hope I'm using that term correctly)
and the ball in the plunger lane is auto launched.
The player does not get a chance to pick his favorite skill shot.
USER EXPERIENCE
Player presses start button, the game immediately shakes and ball #1 is auto launched through the orbit and down to the left flipper.
Wow - what happened?

yep, happend here too, suppose we all do get this

about the balls in the left captive lane, sometimes seems switches (or code) are losing their minds, as you did shoot all 3 balls, and nothing happend except releasing them, shooting these 3 again, and so on...

#71 7 years ago

Dunno if anyone else has had this happen but I can get gozza champion or dog champ of say 1B+ and after entering my name, I see my total score for the game is maybe 200M. What the????

#72 7 years ago

How do you get the extra ball to light with the settings? I have it set at 40 ghosts but it doesnt light until in the high 70s now.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

How do you get the extra ball to light with the settings? I have it set at 40 ghosts but it doesnt light until in the high 70s now.

I think you have it set to auto award where it may increase just like the replay score every time you have it lit and maybe collected. I have seen this setting with 'auto' set, so maybe try looking at what the options are.

#74 7 years ago

+1

the more you do the EB that way, the harder it became...
same as most of the last pins, as for example STAR TREK and the warp ramp...

#75 7 years ago

RipleYYY,for us that haven't got our pins yet,what is WCWS???Thanks!!

#76 7 years ago

WCWS we came we saw, the "mini" wizard mode when compleeting 1 of the 3 ladders

1st time is/seems 2 balls MB
2nd time is/seems 3 balls MB
3rd time means you have completed all 3 ladders, than its the big wizard mode WE'RE READY TO BELIEVE YOU, which is not still in the actual code

#77 7 years ago

Interesting, are you sure the next wizard mode is not present. Does that mean the God wizard mode also is not present. How do you know this? If correct, then a code update must be on the agenda sometime in the future. I heard v1.05 is pretty much it. I hope you are correct and more updates are coming.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Interesting, are you sure the next wizard mode is not present. Does that mean the God wizard mode also is not present. How do you know this? If correct, then a code update must be on the agenda sometime in the future. I heard v1.05 is pretty much it. I hope you are correct and more updates are coming.

At CAX, Dwight said very clearly the code is complete and if there was never another update, he would be ok with it. He also said he is actively working on Are You A God, and is unhappy with some things in the game like shaker motor at start of multiball. Stern no longer give timeline for updates (was Karl Urban sound pack the only advertised update? That took one year). That is a business decision. The programmers care deeply about their games and are given the freedom to work on past titles.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Quoted from embryon:

I think you have it set to auto award where it may increase just like the replay score every time you have it lit and maybe collected. I have seen this setting with 'auto' set, so maybe try looking at what the options are.

I had it set to auto on 1.04 and it was going up when collected and down when it wasn't. On 1.05, it worked it's way up to 102 ghosts and stopped there. Nobody is getting that on a regular basis obviously. Changed it to be set at 50, and that isn't working either.

#80 7 years ago

as said above...
but i may be wrong between ARE YOU A GOD & WE'RE READY TO BELIEVE YOU

Erno R. the german wizard, talked about that few ago, not sure if it was here or on FM forum...
but i know he's a member here, than if you read me Erno, give us some more details

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I had it set to auto on 1.04 and it was going up when collected and down when it wasn't. On 1.05, it worked it's way up to 102 ghosts and stopped there. Nobody is getting that on a regular basis obviously. Changed it to be set at 50, and that isn't working either.

Thats what mines doing to. I set it to 40 ghosts and still nothing. I checked all the settings and the only way i found to balance it out was to turn up the extra ball percentage giving out from toblins book.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

the flippers change back and forth with you hit the left captive ball.

This is one that really needs a change. Hard to keep track of every ball and whether the flippers are reversed or not. Makes the multiball drain fast. I like the reversed flippers, just leave them that way and revert back at the end of the multiball, or at the very least give us some sort of sound and/or visual clue that they are changing back and forth.

#83 7 years ago

+1 please amend the flippers reversing with captive ball or at least allow options to amend it. Really kills the game for a skilled or tournament player. Seems so
unfair.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

+1 please amend the flippers reversing with captive ball or at least allow options to amend it. Really kills the game for a skilled or tournament player. Seems so
unfair.

I thought the same before I got mine. I like it a lot so far. Crossing arms is kind of fun. Saw Elwin do it that way.

I agree though, give us the option to adjust it.

I want to be able to work towards something over a long period of time. Reverse flippers with the change up seems ok to me. A difficult challenge is a good thing on an otherwise fairly easy shooting pin.

#85 7 years ago

I posted this in another thread, but it fits here too.

If perhaps Dwight does take a look at this thread...here is an idea. I loved the update for WWE that gave different perks for each wrestler. I also think that choosing your house in GOT adds great strategy. What if you could pick your mentor Ghostbuster? Maybe Egon would add extra PKE or Venkman could give you one free "wrong" answer for Neg Re. Winston might add an extra 3x bonus multiplier before skill shot. Ray could start with more ghosts lit and could light an extra one or two with captive ball shot.
I know, I know...the callouts have Winston guiding us through the game. I don't think that would need tweaked and I don't want to take anything away from the work that Mr. Hudson put into the game.
Just planting seeds!

#86 7 years ago

Not sure if this is by design or a bug or something mechanical.. also not sure the exact scenario it happens but it seems if I'm in multiball or there's something like esp or something else like terror dog pending and I have start a mode triggered (all mode ladders flashing) when I hit the who brought the dog orbit it doesn't start the mode? Any ideas ? Typically if I hit that on my skill shot or other times I never find it not register so I don't think it's mechanical..

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Not sure if this is by design or a bug or something mechanical.. also not sure the exact scenario it happens but it seems if I'm in multiball or there's something like esp or something else like terror dog pending and I have start a mode triggered (all mode ladders flashing) when I hit the who brought the dog orbit it doesn't start the mode? Any ideas ? Typically if I hit that on my skill shot or other times I never find it not register so I don't think it's mechanical..

Think I found my own answer .. from the rules:
One subtlety for right orbit shots though – from a skill
shot a right orbit which only goes past the gate by the PKE lanes is sufficient; however, during a scene a
right orbit shot past the gate will credit the right orbit but not start the next scene unless the ball makes
it around and past the PKE lanes into the left orbit.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Think I found my own answer .. from the rules:
One subtlety for right orbit shots though – from a skill
shot a right orbit which only goes past the gate by the PKE lanes is sufficient; however, during a scene a
right orbit shot past the gate will credit the right orbit but not start the next scene unless the ball makes
it around and past the PKE lanes into the left orbit.

True, however I have found this behavior
- fail to finish a mode who brought the dog WBTD
- get the start mode option lit again for all 3 ladders (via slimmer)
- try to start WBTD and it won't start.
- forced to start a mode in a different ladder.

bug or feature??

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

True, however I have found this behavior
- fail to finish a mode who brought the dog WBTD
- get the start mode option lit again for all 3 ladders (via slimmer)
- try to start WBTD and it won't start.
- forced to start a mode in a different ladder.
bug or feature??

did you just go thrue the right lane, and than falling in the PKE... ? this didnt restart the mode
or thrue the right lane AND the complete loop to the opto on the left lane ? this restart the mode

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

did you just go thrue the right lane, and than falling in the PKE... ? this didnt restart the mode
or thrue the right lane AND the complete loop to the opto on the left lane ? this restart the mode

I made the entire loop (two times).
It's either a bug or a feature, but I think it's not correct behavior.

#91 7 years ago

for what i know of the game, yep you should have a prob, mode has to start with the full loop
btw dont think its a bug linked to software, until some others expose same case, as here my son & i we never seen that prob

may be a switch not registering when a too fast ball ?

#92 7 years ago

Id love to hear other thoughts for the code on the right scoop.

Guessing the card is OK, and thankfully one can flipper out of the mode, if its not your thing.
(Fortunately, I only seem to get it once out of every 5 games, but everyone else in the house thinks its a great video mode....no skill required)

Other than that, the scoop ticks off a ghost and has only one reward, a "River of Slime" variable bonus, that Im still not sure how to get or how to increase.

Its a great shot but needs a few more awards...or changes.....what do you think should go there?

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

the scoop ticks off a ghost and has only one reward, a "River of Slime" variable bonus, that Im still not sure how to get or how to increase.

Right orbits will increase the river of slime award, but I believe they will time out, similar to the left ramp gear award.

#94 7 years ago

cool...how does one know when it can be collected?

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

cool...how does one know when it can be collected?

when you loop the right orbit and there is an award to collect, the arrow in front of the right saucer/scoop should be pink. Or you can keep shooting the right orbit to build up the award value. I'm not sure how long the timer is on it, but you'll hear a countdown alarm going off when the time is about ready to run out. basically if the arrow is pink you can still collect it. they usually aren't super big awards, but if you hit the right orbit a couple times in succession you might be able to eek out a million points or more.

#96 7 years ago

Dwight needs to integrate the left side Proton pack target bank to have more importance via a mode/mb/stacking.

Along with the PKE ramp, I stay away from that shot usually, not much to gain.

#97 7 years ago

+1... was thinking that yesterday and you wrote it ! lol

even if you can build/collect big points with the left orbit, much easier than the right orbit noticed above

#98 7 years ago

Anyone have any insider info as to when code may drop? Looking at the readme files for other games it seems they all got code semi-regularly or at least more recently than it's been since the last GB code update. Maybe they were serious when they said it was done?!

As for some ideas:

-would love to seem some ramp/orbit combo awards
-something more around the spinner (max proton power)
-the gear awards would be cool if they unlocked something as you equipped it all
-mass hysteria does need to have some sort of announcement/intro
-the right ramp would be cool if it had an animation as u go higher up for more awards indicating how high you got (on the Pro)
-generally more stuff to do outside of modes

Overall it's still a ton of fun after 600+ games and keeps us coming back for more

#99 7 years ago

Great Ideas!

Id love to see all of them!

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

unfair.

+ another to this. We finally have a GB on location, and I made it Mass Hysteria. The first time it went back to normal flippers during MH, ball save was still on, so no big deal. But when it reverted back, there was no visual or audio warning, and I lost all three balls in the lower playfield area. Thankfully had another ball in the pops, so I got to keep playing. But this was VERY frustrating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/2?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.