gozer champ (resized).JPG
40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
IMAG1700 (resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpg
dimplesbig_(resized).jpg
GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png
GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 7 years ago

until i missed it, still no topic for the Ghostbusters, his code, the bug(s), the idea(s) to let STERN know...

ok, as i get my pin few houres ago, already noticed this :

was on ball 3 (last ball)
at the end of the ball, bonus held, than i get the bonus 1X time, than game (thinking it was last ball) gave me directly the same bonus for the 2nd time... but in fact 1 EB was still to play after that, and i also get the bonus held for that EB

edit : happend again...

(code 1.04 pro version)

#2 7 years ago

(code 1.04 pro version)
in attract mode, when lights are all fully fading on/off, the upper yellow of the 3 bank targets on the left is always ON

Added over 8 years ago: edit

now get 2 of these lamps always ON...
dont know how spike is scripted (light sequencer !? variable not reseted !? ... !?)

well, not a great prob in fact

#3 7 years ago

I would like to see:

1) Double flipper to kill animations and "get on with the game".

2) ball save for left scoop that works just like ball save from right saucer. These two ejects are equally dangerous. It doesn't make sense to ball save the right side but not the left.

3) When in a mode and stacking in the brothers pop up targets, out a hold on the main mode timer. The targets block the main mode shots causing you to usually lose your mode. Stacking should be a fun thing not a frustrating thing.

The code is really solid though. I hope these comments don't take away from how good of a job Dwight did on getting solid release code out the door. The game feels very complete as it sits.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I would like to see:
The code is really solid though. I hope these comments don't take away from how good of a job Dwight did on getting solid release code out the door. The game feels very complete as it sits.

of course ! the aim is just to help Dwight to know (not to complain)...
we, all the players, are a fantastic reserve of beta-testers
than, as the title says, this topic ONLY for bug report & new ideas

btw, to make things easier, may be we all should add in our remarks what code we are talking about (lets admit it will always be the last) and for what version of the game

#5 7 years ago

If you really want to help them you should email your issues to [email protected]

Would be a guaranteed way to get them the information versus waiting for them to hopefully troll through these threads for things they don't already know about.

#6 7 years ago

I wish the video mode wasnt so slow. Be nice if it was a ghostbuster shooting the proton pack and bustin ghosts, the flippers could move the proton beam as ghosts flew past you.

#7 7 years ago

V.1.04 is better in the balanced scoring department, but I think bonus is still way too dominant. I had a bonus of 303M today and I thought that was huge, until I drained on the last ball(3 ball plus 2 extras) and got 428M in bonus! That seems crazy to me. The final score(it was a great game BTW) was 1.7B. So 43% of that score came from just the bonus of 2 balls.

GB_v.1.04_(resized).jpgGB_v.1.04_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I wish the video mode wasnt so slow. Be nice if it was a ghostbuster shooting the proton pack and bustin ghosts, the flippers could move the proton beam as ghosts flew past you.

Is there a video mode besides the selecting the negative reinforcement awards? If so I always just cash out at 250k or whatever. Who can be bothered with that stupid mini game.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Is there a video mode besides the selecting the negative reinforcement awards? If so I always just cash out at 250k or whatever. Who can be bothered with that stupid mini game.

As far as i know there is just the card selecting video mode and it kills the action of the game. I usually go a few cards in then just cash out.

#10 7 years ago

about mass hysteria MB and the flipper inversions, question :

we've got it 5 times here
on 3 times flippers remain inversed during all the multiball, but on 2 times flippers gone inverted, than back in logical order for X seconds, than inverted again until the end of the MB... is this normal !?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about mass hysteria MB and the flipper inversions, question :
we've got it 5 times here
on 3 times flippers remain inversed during all the multiball, but on 2 times flippers gone inverted, than back in logical order for X seconds, than inverted again until the end of the MB... is this normal !?

The second thing happened to me. I'm not sure what determined if the flippers are reversed or not. Maybe it's part of it to keep you on your toes.

#12 7 years ago

the flippers change back and forth with you hit the left captive ball.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

the flippers change back and forth with you hit the left captive ball.

I know I had them reverse back to normal(not sure which captive ball I hit). Then I accidentally hit the RIGHT captive ball and they changed back to reversed, which caused me to instantly lose 2 of the 3 balls in play! What an awesome rule in the code!

#14 7 years ago

Flippers change back and forth via right captive ball, not the left. Left can give you add a ball, play field multipliers, etc.

#15 7 years ago

I think the left captive lights add-a-ball and the left scoop collects it. The rules are really sweet so far. Several mini-wizard modes and multiple wizard modes it seems. Modes payout huge scores a lot like TWD in this regard. So far, these are the best non-Lyman rules Stern has put out in a few years. Dwight is showing how good he is.

#16 7 years ago

Bugs I've noticed.

Sometimes on two player games it auto launches the ball for the next player. Has happened the most for player 2.
(Flipper launch and timed launch is disabled)

Also had it award score based extra ball on ball 3 for player 1 after draining, and bonus added up to over extra ball score.
Full slimer animation , callout etc.

But went right to player two.
Even though it said extra ball for player 1 it was not awarded.

Also had super jackpot light. After making a shot. And shot the jackpot ramp right away and it isn't awarded. Probably a timing issue.
Shot up the left ramp again and it awards no problem.

2 times so far on high scoring games, starting back off man the game has rebooted.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Bugs I've noticed.
Sometimes on two player games it auto launches the ball for the next player. Has happened the most for player 2.
(Flipper launch and timed launch is disabled)
Also had it award score based extra ball on ball 3 for player 1 after draining, and bonus added up to over extra ball score.
Full slimer animation , callout etc.
But went right to player two.
Even though it said extra ball for player 1 it was not awarded.
Also had super jackpot light. After making a shot. And shot the jackpot ramp right away and it isn't awarded. Probably a timing issue.
2 times so far on high scoring games, starting back off man the game has rebooted.

Almost all of your problems could be explained by some spurious switch hits in the game and no software bug.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Flippers change back and forth via right captive ball, not the left. Left can give you add a ball, play field multipliers, etc.

Sorry had assumed left captive for some reason I actually like that it's the right gives it more to do.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Ive had this happen a few times.

#20 7 years ago

Not sure if this has been reported yet. Got an extra ball on my last ball and had hold bonus. After the ball got the bonus twice although had the extra ball to go still. The bonus didn't carry over to the extra ball

#21 7 years ago

tanx for the reply about flipper inversion...
my personal taste would be to not have continous changes during that MB, as flipper inversion is nice, and should stay as it until the end of the MB (why not a option in the set-up to let people choice as they want ?)

also got auto-launch ball for player 2...

also got switches not working well on ramp (hardware prob)

1 week later
#22 7 years ago

Noticed a software bug... essentially the screen awards a 0x Multiplier. (Don't know if that would actually occur but still odd to see).

GB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).pngGB-0XMultiplier-Code104_(resized).png

#23 7 years ago

The 0x is visual only when you are awarded the first bonus increase after a held bonus ball. It appears to be fixed in 1.05.

#24 7 years ago

Wonder when we can see 1.05 for download.

#25 7 years ago

I am wondering that too because I want to see the full release notes lol

Going to send this to Stern but the options in the menu for extra balls for scene completion and ghost capture seem to not be working. If you leave them at Auto it will work fine and adjust accordingly but any setting other than Auto (I tried to make them be 3 scenes and 50 ghosts by default) is effectively turning the option off and there will be no extra balls awarded.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Wonder when we can see 1.05 for download.

Just contacted Stern to see when 1.05 will be released. Wish somebody could copy there 1.05 and make it available for us 1.04 guys but im not sure you can do that with spike system

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just contacted Stern to see when 1.05 will be released. Wish somebody could copy there 1.05 and make it available for us 1.04 guys but im not sure you can do that with spike system

What did they say?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

What did they say?

Nothing yet. I emailed them so no telling if they will respond. If they dont put out update soon ill call them.

#29 7 years ago

let's continue on 1.04 than

a small thing (not a bug) : when a mode is running, and collecting an arrow shot, the P-K-E letters are blinking for a short time...
sometimes its a prob when going thrue the left or right lane to the P-K-E upper lanes as you dont know which letter is ON or OFF

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

What did they say?

Just heard back from chaz at stern on 1.05 and he said soon but not sure exactly when

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just heard back from chaz at stern on 1.05 and he said soon but not sure exactly when

Well, soon is a step up from Stay Tuned.
But not by much.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You can image the entire sdcard

#33 7 years ago

1.05 is available for download. But only for the LE!

#34 7 years ago

now available for the PRO, and for those who doubt about the fact that they're reading this post, now you have your answer

#35 7 years ago

ok, next one (already in the 1.04) :

when making left ramp to build big score on the "gear value build", and finally missing the shot on the 3 targets, the jackpot (lets call it as it) remain/restart at the same amount of points when going back to the ramp, instead of being reseted on the minimum lower level
btw, when losing the ball, same thing at next ball, no reset of that jackpot...

now with 1.05, exactly same thing with the right lane and the right scoop for the "slime river"

but may be Dwight wanted that feature as it !?

#36 7 years ago

did someone understand the actual utility of the 2 red lights in the outlanes ? is this was initialy there for the "stream toy" just near them ?
for now, seems its just blinking/lightning in some cases, just as lightshow and nothing more

than IF these didnt serve, here's an idea :

using the 2 in-inlanes (right & left) to get a ball saver in 1 outlane (this saver changing side with slingshots and/or bumpers), and of course the static red light showing on which side is the ball saver

difficulty for enabling the ball saver (on a same ball) can be evolutive, first time you'll need in-inlanes 1left+1right, than 2left+2right and so on...

#37 7 years ago

Right one is for Terror Dogs, correct? No idea what the left one does, but it flashes at times, so I know it works.

#38 7 years ago

my son just build the super jackpot at 59M, he DIDNT get it at all, and at the end of the game he had to enter his initials as super jackpot champion...

#39 7 years ago

another small bug (still from my son, he's not only good at playing ! lol), confirmed few minutes ago by myself :

the "100 mass hysteria mutliball" insert did not serve while in game !
as when you're at 99 ghosts and get the next 1 to 100, all the bonus-inserts from "20" to "80" will turn OFF, and the "100" didnt turn ON...

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

another small bug (still from my son, he's not only good at playing ! lol), confirmed few minutes ago by myself :
as when you're at 99 ghosts and get the next 1 to 100, all the bonus-inserts from "20" to "80" will turn OFF, and the "100" didnt turn ON...

I was thinking that too. I noticed it never lights up, other than just as part of a general lightshow.

#41 7 years ago

I noticed an issue while I was playing last night. Sort of a special case, since its rare to have it happen. I am running 1.05 on my Pro.

- Storage Facility Multiball is lit for my 3rd shot... I make the shot, and the sequence starts to kick off, the table goes dark and one of the scolari brothers pop up, but my ball must have been going too fast, or had a weird spin, and it popped out of the subway eject before the switch registered and the buzzer, red lights and 'Don't shut it off' animation sequence did not start, the GI remained off, and it did not launch the additional balls for the multi ball. My single ball was still in play (now with no GI) and still earning all my regular points. finally I drain my single ball, and then finally the Don't shut it off sequence starts, and launches my 3 balls again and everything was back to normal.

i'd have to pull the glass off and try it again to see if there was some other pattern to confirm, I'll look into it more if anybody is interested. Basically only an issue if the ball bounces out of the subway eject as its coming back from the left ramp shot. In general I've only ever had that shot bounce out of the subway eject maybe once or twice before, but never happened when I was starting storage facility those other times.

#42 7 years ago

something "similar" while ball jumping off the subway scoop (was to get the lock 2), i re-shoot the ramp while lock was still available, and than collect the 2 last lock sequences following in just 1 pass !? it happend 1 time, and to be honest didnt really know what was wrong, all is going too fast... may be its only just then animation sequences being late

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, suppose this will be corrected by something like this :

"if ghost-variable = 100 then insert 100 is ON" to than have all inserts ON, and of course variable not reseted now
"if ghost-variable = 120 then ghost variable=20" to have all inserts OFF except the 20 which will be ON, and than loop is complete

in this case, a small idea (for those not always watching the DMD while playing, or for less good players dont catching the ball & checking the infos) to prevent player the next ghost-step is coming :

when 1 shot remaining to the next level, the insert could be blinking before becoming ON, as :

19 ghosts (and also 119) : insert 20 blinking
39 ghosts : insert 40 blinking
99 ghosts : insert 100 blinking

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, suppose this will be corrected by something like this :
"if ghost-variable = 100 then insert 100 is ON" to than have all inserts ON, and of course variable not reseted now
"if ghost-variable = 120 then ghost variable=20" to have all inserts OFF except the 20 which will be ON, and than loop is complete
in this case, a small idea (for those not always watching the DMD while playing, or for less good players dont catching the ball & checking the infos) to prevent player the next ghost-step is coming :
when 1 shot remaining to the next level, the insert could be blinking before becoming ON, as :
19 ghosts (and also 119) : insert 20 blinking
39 ghosts : insert 40 blinking
99 ghosts : insert 100 blinking

Maybe a slow glowing pulse in and out when you are a few ghosts away. I think a constant blink might get a little annoying since it's front and center.

#45 7 years ago

yep, why not, surelly some others way of doing this can be found...

#46 7 years ago

bug : starting SPOOK CENTRAL, not getting the initial ramp, until i get it while the timer was ending/just ended, and software give me the full complete mode for that single shoot

#47 7 years ago

Dwight, please please please (JB version lol)

i really like the reverse flippers with MASS HYSTERIA MB
but still reversing while in the mode (ghost captive ball) is frustrating just because its (quite) impossible to follow the gameplay and that means lots of "stupid" drains...

can you put this feature as an option in the menu :

MASS HYSTERIA MB REVERSE FLIPPERS :

1. yes, while going ON & OFF during the MB (factory setting)
2. yes, stay reverse for all the MB
3. no

as it, evbd should be happy
tanx in advance

#48 7 years ago

I think mass hysteria mb is great the way it is. I purposely hit the captive ball as soon as possible to revert the flippers and then aim away from it. Lots less drains that way than if the flippers remain reversed.

Also I don't see a bug on the 100 insert. It seems to be working as intended. Once you have 100 ghosts then the inserts reset and mass hysteria starts. Perhaps if there's an adjustment to start mass hysteria at say 120 ghosts it would be more useful.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think mass hysteria mb is great the way it is. I purposely hit the captive ball as soon as possible to revert the flippers and then aim away from it. Lots less drains that way than if the flippers remain reversed.

Also I don't see a bug on the 100 insert. It seems to be working as intended. Once you have 100 ghosts then the inserts reset and mass hysteria starts. Perhaps if there's an adjustment to start mass hysteria at say 120 ghosts it would be more useful.

case 1 : that's why would be nice if we can choose how we want it to me, impossible to follow whats happening with the capture ball...
of course, if Dwight want to keep it as it, may be another small suggestion than : a short & unique sound/sample, played in priority, to tell us we just hit the captive ball

case 2 : not a bug, but for now the 100 insert will never lights ON (while counting ghosts), a bit stupid as all is there & ready to have it lightning !?

#50 7 years ago

bug (my son again) : when collecting PKE on the right ramp, it gives 1 jackpot with the (1 of the) 3 switches above the city, than ball is falling back and it gives another jackpot (little higher as it just growes) with the single switch behind the storage facility

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.