Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballosp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just picked up a Ghostbusters Pro, but have played the game a ton. I like the game, it is super loaded and there is a lot to do. The theme integration is fantastic from the call outs to the video clips to the playfield...everything Star Wars should have been. The game is challenging and keeps me coming back for more. The game is all there, but needs polishing. Things I would change are...
*Scoring needs to be balanced. Lower values for Stay Puft, he is way to valuable as he sits. You can hit shots for 300 million plus over and over.
*Don't just start a mode on the last shot of previous mode. You should have to shoot slimer/ghost target to relight modes or have the ball stop at the scoop/up post/storage facility and ask if you want to start that mode like in GOT/Star Wars/Etc. At the very least you should have to shoot 1 more shot to start the next mode as it sits your last mode shot is actually worth two shots since it finishes the current mode and starts the next mode too.
*Make the gear targets do something. There should be some mode or something to do with collecting individual gear, not just building up value on the ramp and hitting the targets to collect.
*Fix the flipper switch issue in Mass Hysteria. I almost always drain out of Mass Hysteria because you never know when the flippers are finally going to switch back when the mode ends. After draining down to 1 ball in Mass Hysteria, the game should lock up, drain the remaining ball and then auto plunge to keep going to prevent this.
*Complete / Add Wizard Mode. Right now "We're Ready to Believe You" is basically worthless. For a main wizard mode, it should be much more important/valuable. It needs some fan fare and more valuable shots. Either this should be completed and/or "Are You A God" should be added as the final wizard mode.
*Fix scoring bugs. Often the scoring awards the game shows are not accurate. You can often be the new Gozer Champ too with more score for just Gozer than you even got during the game.
*Make the ESP video mode worth choosing. Give it some skill characteristic instead of blind luck. As it sits, 60 million for Don't Cross the Streams is always the way to go making ESP totally irrelevant.
*Make it so you can't just time out Ballroom, Back Off Man and Gozer. Those modes are hard and there is no reason to play them fully because they are not worth a ton of points and the shots can be risky. I would make the progress in these modes carry over and make you play the mode until you complete it so you can't just time your way out of it to We Came We Saw and Stay Puft.
*Don't make the Scoleri Bros an award...they are a punishment. Often the targets don't drop on a direct shot and they block 2 major mode shots in the game. They should be used as a punishment or factored into a mode specifically instead.
*I would use Slimer more and even the books captive ball shot. Right now, he has one mode where you shoot him once to collect the point value. He is the main toy in the game, so he could be used much more in other modes or in some way besides just lighting shots/relighting the mode start shots. The captive ball as it sits is never intentionally shot for, it could be incorporated as a mode shot or in some additional way to make it more useful, maybe something similar to Bumblebee in Transformers.

Great summary.

I would add that the scoring rules overall are extremely confusing: it's not at all clear what increases super jackpot and by how much. And looping supers CAN be the most lucrative thing in the game, it's just not always clear how.

Also: the 10% bonus thing is ridiculous. If you had an awesome first ball (like billions) then chances are your bonus is way way bigger than anything you can do in the remaining balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballosp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code?tu=pinballosp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.