1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HookedonPinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

My wife and I have a GB premium and love it. For a casual player the code is pretty much good to go. The main complaint about that game relating to code is that the end Wizard mode is pretty lacking. It is a very tough game and if you get to the end of it players want to be rewarded. Rumor is they are going to complete the code for wizard mode to make it more of a reward to get to. The other complaint is the video mode "Don't cross the streams". In tournament play it makes it really boring and what not for everyone picks that as the skill shot and it gives you about 60 million points which is pretty significant in that game. They need to make that video mode more challenging to get to and not just a skill shot award. Other than that I like the code and feel its good. I am sure others will chime in. There are some posts about wish lists on what people want but again those are just wish lists. For me the end wizard mode is no big deal for I can't even get close to the end but one day I will. Get GB if you can. You can find them at a discount on the secondary market and the final code update should hit hopefully in late December/early January. If you do get a GB on the secondary market and not NIB make sure the build date on the playfield is after Oct 2016. There were issues with the older playfields and I had to get a replacement playfield from Stern.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

My wife and I have a GB premium and love it. For a casual player the code is pretty much good to go. The main complaint about that game relating to code is that the end Wizard mode is pretty lacking. It is a very tough game and if you get to the end of it players want to be rewarded. Rumor is they are going to complete the code for wizard mode to make it more of a reward to get to. The other complaint is the video mode "Don't cross the streams". In tournament play it makes it really boring and what not for everyone picks that as the skill shot and it gives you about 60 million points which is pretty significant in that game. They need to make that video mode more challenging to get to and not just a skill shot award. Other than that I like the code and feel its good. I am sure others will chime in. There are some posts about wish lists on what people want but again those are just wish lists. For me the end wizard mode is no big deal for I can't even get close to the end but one day I will. Get GB if you can. You can find them at a discount on the secondary market and the final code update should hit hopefully in late December/early January. If you do get a GB on the secondary market and not NIB make sure the build date on the playfield is after Oct 2016. There were issues with the older playfields and I had to get a replacement playfield from Stern.

To expand a little on my comment regarding making the video mode harder to get to..I believe you have to capture 60 ghosts to make it eligible which is great in my opinion. That should be the only way to get it. Not by skill shot alone. I currently play tournaments at two locations and the organizers tend to not pick GB because of that video mode which is disappointing.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

We have a GB Prem and LOVE it. Ironically, when I first got it, I was very disappointed. Felt it was just too hard, and was frustrating as hell. But I decided to swap out the flipper bats for the SLIGHTLY longer carrot bats and I swear it made a HUGE difference. I went from not touching the pin for about 3-4 months to playing it more than anything else in my collection right now. Code is completely acceptable if not fun for the average player, but as previously mentioned, it could improve for the final wizard mode (I've only gotten to We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Its.." so far...

You're not the only one who has said this regarding the carrot bats and I might look into this in the future. I personally don't have a problem with the wide gap but maybe that's because I have center post on mine..... The center post makes the game a lot more fun and prevents some of the cheap SDTM drains but not always. It def makes it fun for unskilled players and for people that want to get far on the game. I find the outlane drains to be more frustrating then the middle. I prob need to close my outlanes a little and get rubbers on the metal posts. I find my balls to bounce on those and roll over. I have to say every shot in the game is so satisfying. Esp the left orbit and right ramp. Very narrow but extremely satisfying shots. I want to go play this game right now....

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

Not true. You can start any of the first modes from the plunge.

That's correct. The reason people think "Who brought the dog" is first is because they are not switching the skill shot. A lot of people don't realize the other flipper sifts through an additional 6 skill shots. You have to make whichever skill shot you choose first though and if not then its void. Funny thing is I always start on "who brought the dog" for its the easiest shot in the game and it starts the most lucrative ladder. I always try and start a scene on the skill shot to bypass Slimer. Ain't nobody got time for that. Another good strategy is work your way from left to right on the scenes that way you get the mini wizard mode "we cam we saw" after only completing two easy modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HookedonPinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside