(Topic ID: 174511)

Ghostbusters code version .... what are you using and why ?

By hoby1

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cserold
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Ghostbusters code version are you using”

• Version 1.05 11 votes
    33%
  • Version 1.10 6 votes
    18%
  • Version 1.11 16 votes
    48%

(33 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Really would like to see a whos using what and why. Lmk if you tried any and which seems to have the least issues . I am still running beta code as that what it just came with from Stern.

#2 7 years ago

Only 5 of us own GBs. I sticking with 1.05 because Stern shipped it with it and is a 11/10/16 build date. Gotta mean something

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Only 5 of us own GBs. I sticking with 1.05 because Stern shipped it with it and is a 11/10/16 build date. Gotta mean something

could just mean they had a bunch of formatted sd cards that they didn't want to redo.

#4 7 years ago

Never updated a Spike game........I know there is an SD card but what has to be done with it. Dont you just upload with a zip drive. ?

Also have you had any issues with 1.11

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Never updated a Spike game........I know there is an SD card but what has to be done with it. Dont you just upload with a zip drive. ?

PINBALL GAME SOFTWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download the latest code for your game by visiting
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code
and following the links to the software update
file for your specific game model.
2) Place game software update file (GAMENAME-VERSION.spk)
into the root directory of a blank FAT32-formatted USB flash drive.
Do not place more than one .spk files at a time in the root directory
of the USB flash drive.
3) Use backbox power switch to turn off game.
4) Plug the USB flash drive into a CPU board USB connector at CN20 or CN21.
5) Turn the game on.
6) The game will automatically begin the software update and the following
message will be displayed: "APPLYING UPDATE PLEASE WAIT".
IMPORTANT: DO NOT turn the pinball machine off while this message
is displayed. This message may remain on the screen a long period of time.
7) When the display indicates "UPDATE COMPLETE", turn the game off.
8) Remove the USB flash drive from the CPU board.
9) Turn the game on to play pinball!

**It's important to have a blank fat32 formatted usb flash drive**
If you need more help, pm me and I will help you as best as I can. It's actually super easy as long as you follow the steps right. The usb connector is in the backbox.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I also have had no issues that I know of with 1.11. I'm also a software guy so I always prefer to run the latest and greatest with anything.

#7 7 years ago

I still have 1.05 installed. Other updates don't seem as stable.

#8 7 years ago

Running 1.11 on location, with no issues whatsoever.

#9 7 years ago

Been afraid to try new code with all the bugs reported. Figured they would clean it up quickly..What was I thinking??

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Running 1.11 on location, with no issues whatsoever.

Not trying to be cute....... but if its on location how many games are you actually playing to notice it.

#11 7 years ago

I gotta say I was happy with 1.10 on my pro. I updated to 1.11 and don't see much of a difference. The 1.10 code made the game much more fun with the ability to continue modes after draining.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not trying to be cute....... but if its on location how many games are you actually playing to notice it.

It is a location near my house, I play at every time I go, a couple times weekly. I am also in contact with many of the regulars there, and talk with them about how things play. They text if they notice issues as well.
Have also been playing 2 other locations, running 1.11, and haven't noticed or heard of any issues.
These machines are all 3 being used by league and tournament players every week, and no reports of any issues.
So yes, I do have actual play time and reports, probably more so than in a home environment.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I still have 1.05 installed. Other updates don't seem as stable.

You should start a whole thread and call it a movement nagging stern about code updates and then when they do release code updates, ignore them and dont install them yet keep complaining in your thread.

#14 7 years ago

So no one here that's running 1.11 is having any issues that are commonly being discussed

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So no one here that's running 1.11 is having any issues that are commonly being discussed

I am running 1.11 on location. I am ONLY running it because I updated to 1.10 and it was SUPER buggy. I attempted to downgrade to 1.05 but had issues.

I then updated to 1.11 since I was able to step forward but not backwards. 1.11 still has bugs but is managable and better for novice players in default settings.

Was playing 1.11 on a premium this weekend at a tournament and it was still having the video mode lock up issues.

In short, 1.11 is good enough but still has bugs throughout. 1.05 is the least buggy that I have experienced thus far.

Hoping Dwight has a final polish coming soon and then GB can be deemed complete.

#16 7 years ago

Is there huge differences in gameplay between 1.05 and 1.11 that make it worth while to do so. Or stick with what works good

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is there huge differences in gameplay between 1.05 and 1.11 that make it worth while to do so. Or stick with what works good

up to you.

I would say that yes there are some pretty big changes (ability to progress more easily through modes in 1.10+), but there are bugs that come along with it.

On route and due to lock up issues and intermittent weak flipper issues, 1.05 was better.

At home the bugs in 1.11 are minimal enough to just deal with it and be prepared to cuss like hell if a great game locks up on you

#18 7 years ago

Thanks man.....does 1.11 add a lot of new features or mostly to continue on the modes

#20 7 years ago

I upgraded from 1.05 to 1.11 after only having the game for a couple of days. Much prefer the 1.11 upgrade with the mode continuation after drains, scare mode and don't cross the streams video mode. I have not experienced any noticeable bugs other than some apparently false switch technical warnings when you enter into Diagnostics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code-version-what-are-you-using-and-why?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.