(Topic ID: 175818)

Ghostbusters code 1.12 is Available (sorta)

By dancameron

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

santa (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_5313 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago

As Dwight mentioned months ago the code is done. There is nothing to be added. Eventually some 12 year old will help them fix the bugs in the current code but otherwise they will ride this one with the theme for as long as they can before sales slow and they move on to the next game. That is likely to happen around May the 4th..

One would think they would code the super wizard mode at least but then again maybe not. Since it doesn't make a difference to over 90% of the buyers anyways do they really care?

I sold my GBLE. Done and done.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

What? Is this the final code?
Is that from a reliable source?

This is old news. I followed GB for 6 months before it was released and continued up to a few weeks ago when I sold my GBLE. It was a statement he made at CAX. It was on a few of the pinside threads at the time. Bottom of this thread someone references it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/2

Reliable source? Well it came from Dwight himself and there were many other posts commenting he said the code was basically complete at launch. I owned since new and seems very true to me... very little has changed since launch and with all the new Stern games coming I expect it is the continued reality that code will not be tweaked or completed much more than at launch. Stern, Dwight and no one else has confirmed any different so why do we all believe that they are going to invest hundreds of more hours in changing something that is "good enough" ?

#44 7 years ago

Anyways everyone else can think or believe what they want. I sold mine before the next game comes out and in the next 6 months everyone will realize that yes it is final aside from a few bugs to be fixed. Shit in a year they haven't even fixed the bugs yet... all new code with different features and gameplay? Why? They have AS, BM66 and soon SW to code and make good enough...

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Rob, what do you know that we do not?
Secret Regina insider info? I too hope it's not done. Calling it final on the best selling game in 16 years would be just.....wrong.

Funny you answered your own comment... calling it final - best selling game in 16 years. How is that wrong to the company? When you have the best you don't waste time and money to improve it. I hoped for a year as well. Now I feel stupid knowing what I heard back then and still hoping for more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code-112-is-available-sorta?tu=pinchamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.