(Topic ID: 175818)

Ghostbusters code 1.12 is Available (sorta)

By dancameron

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

santa (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_5313 (resized).PNG
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Anyone notice how long v1.12 has been available for download?

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters_le-1_12.spk

I thought I'd check this morning and it's definitely a legit download (I'm gonna test it out later today). I'm just a bit weary because I'd like to see the changelog.

Anyway, hopefully this fixes my Slimer and doesn't crash my lights on the play field (like v1.12 did).

#2 7 years ago

Well, it looks like it must be for testers because the game rebooted twice before I even lost a ball.

So it's best to ignore for now.

#3 7 years ago

I am still showing 1.11 on Sterns site

IMG_5313 (resized).PNGIMG_5313 (resized).PNG

#4 7 years ago

yep, code was "not show", but easily foundable/available...
would have been better to not tell evbd here in public (no need to explain why, seems easy to understand)
but OK, too late now

#5 7 years ago

1.12 runs just fine. Played over 30 games already with no issues.
However, that said, it really adds nothing anyone will care about.
Best to wait.

#6 7 years ago

Is there a change log somewhere?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is there a change log somewhere?

No. just a quick fix placed online where a few people could get to it for awhile.
It really does not do anything noticeable and not worth the time to install at the moment .

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

1.12 runs just fine. Played over 30 games already with no issues.
However, that said, it really adds nothing anyone will care about.
Best to wait.

But does it fix the left flipper issue?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

But does it fix the left flipper issue?

If you are referring to the weak left flipper some have had with 1.11, I have no idea because I never had this issue to begin with.
Someone with that particular problem will need to verify if it is fixed.

#10 7 years ago

I installed 1.11 and was cruising along great until yesterday when I started a game and slimer stuck himself over to the left and would only move with a small crawl over to the right basically making the game unplayable. I did some utility tests of Slimer and then had to go. I've not tried him out again and figured that perhaps this is a code related deal as he has always worked fine for me in the past.

#11 7 years ago

switched to 1.12 and no more left flipper issues! so happy, was so maddening playing 1.05 and having to restart scenes

#12 7 years ago

Where is 1.12 located on the site? Just wondering how you all found this... thanks!

#13 7 years ago

I assume that 1.12 is only available to LE not PRO users??

thanks
p

#14 7 years ago

Change the 1 to a 2 in the URL

If you don't understand that better you wait.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Change the 1 to a 2 in the URL
If you don't understand that better you wait.

gotcha so they just haven't officially posted the link on the site. thanks again!

#16 7 years ago

V1.12

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#17 7 years ago

Apparently Dwight is onto the next game already. While this code might clean up issues that were introduced with 1.10 and 1.11, I don't think we're going to see much in regards to content addition for quite a while unless someone else takes over coding for the game. I hope that's not the case, especially since Trudeau seems to feel like there's still plenty they can add, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Great game, but lots of untapped potential still there.

#18 7 years ago

One thing it seems to resolve was then non-existent operator errors.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Apparently Dwight is onto the next game already. While this code might clean up issues that were introduced with 1.10 and 1.11, I don't think we're going to see much in regards to content addition for quite a while unless someone else takes over coding for the game. I hope that's not the case, especially since Trudeau seems to feel like there's still plenty they can add, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Great game, but lots of untapped potential still there.

"The Force Is Strong With This One"

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Apparently Dwight is onto the next game already. While this code might clean up issues that were introduced with 1.10 and 1.11

GDUStern!
This code problem... ARRRGH!!
How is the best seller known as GB... still getting no code releases?
Just sad; really.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

GDUStern!
This code problem... ARRRGH!!
How is the best seller known as GB... still getting no code releases?
Just sad; really.

Its not Christmas or new years yet.... Lets see what happens

#22 7 years ago

except 1.11 has game breaking code that is not fixed. If you select the card game, sometimes it locks you in it, until you tilt out. That right there ruins the game for any tournament play. I had to have a not saying always pick, "don't cross the streams".

#23 7 years ago

ok,

than Dwight is on SW...
Lyman is on BM66...
GB is really not designed to be coded by Lonnie...

than there's only 1 guy to help us ! i just gave him a call few minutes ago, he's on the code so far !

santa (resized).jpgsanta (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok,
than Dwight is on SW...
Lyman is on BM66...
than there's only 1 guy to help us ! i just gave him a call few minutes ago, he's on the code so far !

Wonder who's on Aerosmith?

#25 7 years ago

new small quote (not really a bug) :

when video mode is already lit from previous ball, the skill shot for the right scoop is... video mode
not sure if than he gives 1+remain lit after for another one video mode, or just 1

#26 7 years ago

You forgot the other 3 programmers at Stern....

Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok,
than Dwight is on SW...
Lyman is on BM66...

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Its not Christmas or new years yet.... Lets see what happens

The way its going if an update is released it will be for bug fixes and tweaks. I hope I'm wrong. I'm not going to buy a Ghostbusters unless theres major developments to the games rules.

Wheres some new modes, expanding on existing modes to make them more interesting, adding more callouts, completing rules / animations for the wizard modes, making more use of the Ecto Goggles and premium Slimer mech? For a $5k- $8k toy purchase that is what I and many others expect.

I'm beginning to think that the whole new "release games more code complete" motto by Stern may mean that games don't have the same depth and uniqueness as some past games.

#28 7 years ago

Set my new game up last night and it still has 1.05 installed. Wonder why they didn't install 1.11

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

new small quote (not really a bug) :
when video mode is already lit from previous ball, the skill shot for the right scoop is... video mode
not sure if than he gives 1+remain lit after for another one video mode, or just 1

i may have a response, as my son just did 200+ ghost, and he only goes in the right scope after 140+ ghosts (that means 2 videos mode 40+140), than when video was finished, insert remains lit for another one

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You forgot the other 3 programmers at Stern....

yep Luv, but to be honest, if Dwight didnt care anymore (???) i was hoping for the "Lyman touch" on GB
from a player point of view, he's just the best, as a very good player he's feeling how the game should go, simple as that

#31 7 years ago

I know Dwight, and he cares about his code. he wants the game to be fully polished before he's done with it.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know Dwight, and he cares about his code. he wants the game to be fully polished before he's done with it.

very good news than, i'm happy to just read this, for sure you make my day
just pity Dwight didnt talk/share more with us here (or even in private PM), but from his side i can also understand it could not be a good idea...

#34 7 years ago
4 months later
#35 7 years ago

edit....I see v1.13 is out even though they were not going to release code updates.....hmmmm

#37 7 years ago

Ignore my message....and Dwight's ! I see they just posted 1.13 in the past 3 months.

#38 7 years ago

As Dwight mentioned months ago the code is done. There is nothing to be added. Eventually some 12 year old will help them fix the bugs in the current code but otherwise they will ride this one with the theme for as long as they can before sales slow and they move on to the next game. That is likely to happen around May the 4th..

One would think they would code the super wizard mode at least but then again maybe not. Since it doesn't make a difference to over 90% of the buyers anyways do they really care?

I sold my GBLE. Done and done.

#39 7 years ago

I was streaming the game weekend and am I the only person who thinks video mode scoring is unbalanced?:

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

As Dwight mentioned months ago the code is done. There is nothing to be added. Eventually some 12 year old will help them fix the bugs in the current code but otherwise they will ride this one with the theme for as long as they can before sales slow and they move on to the next game. That is likely to happen around May the 4th..
One would think they would code the super wizard mode at least but then again maybe not. Since it doesn't make a difference to over 90% of the buyers anyways do they really care?
I sold my GBLE. Done and done.

What? Is this the final code?
Is that from a reliable source?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I think are only hope is that GB is going to be released on pinball arcade and I do not think stern would want a game on pinball arcade released to potential customers with unfinished code. They explain the rules in pinball arcade it would be awkward if they were explaining the rules and said here is the librarian incert it does nothing.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

It's not final.

Rob

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

This is old news. I followed GB for 6 months before it was released and continued up to a few weeks ago when I sold my GBLE. It was a statement he made at CAX. It was on a few of the pinside threads at the time. Bottom of this thread someone references it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas/page/2

Reliable source? Well it came from Dwight himself and there were many other posts commenting he said the code was basically complete at launch. I owned since new and seems very true to me... very little has changed since launch and with all the new Stern games coming I expect it is the continued reality that code will not be tweaked or completed much more than at launch. Stern, Dwight and no one else has confirmed any different so why do we all believe that they are going to invest hundreds of more hours in changing something that is "good enough" ?

#44 7 years ago

Anyways everyone else can think or believe what they want. I sold mine before the next game comes out and in the next 6 months everyone will realize that yes it is final aside from a few bugs to be fixed. Shit in a year they haven't even fixed the bugs yet... all new code with different features and gameplay? Why? They have AS, BM66 and soon SW to code and make good enough...

#45 7 years ago

Rob, what do you know that we do not?
Secret Regina insider info? I too hope it's not done. Calling it final on the best selling game in 16 years would be just.....wrong.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Rob, what do you know that we do not?
Secret Regina insider info? I too hope it's not done. Calling it final on the best selling game in 16 years would be just.....wrong.

Funny you answered your own comment... calling it final - best selling game in 16 years. How is that wrong to the company? When you have the best you don't waste time and money to improve it. I hoped for a year as well. Now I feel stupid knowing what I heard back then and still hoping for more.

#47 7 years ago

Can't be finished. There's a librarian insert that does nothing, you are a god mode not in yet, right orbit problems on premium and le.

If this is really finished after all the shit with ghosting, air balls and balls jumping rails I'll be done with nib sterns.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's not final.
Rob

just got news while asking, and been confirmed it has to be considered as final (even if ... )
and you know my source can't be better

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Can't be finished. There's a librarian insert that does nothing, you are a god mode not in yet, right orbit problems on premium and le.
If this is really finished after all the shit with ghosting, air balls and balls jumping rails I'll be done with nib sterns.

if the list you just gave alone along with all other new issues being discovered doesn't make you done with nib sterns, I have no faith nothing will.....

Also other games have inserts that do nothing, ala AC/DC.

#50 7 years ago

Lots of other good games coming out that aren't stern. Be a fool to keep buying stern if these problems aren't fixed properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code-112-is-available-sorta?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.