image (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
sw1 (resized).jpg
cosplay-super-troopers-dragoncon (resized).jpg
IMG_7703 (resized).PNG
IMG_3119 (resized).JPG
There are 438 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a fantastic game, but the support for it has been really bad.

What do you expect? So far.

Support as in how?

#402 7 years ago

Hehehehe.

"I said Boo-urns..."

Oh Hanz Moleman...

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would change ESP as follows:
You are awarded the points for the level you reach. If you choose to stop, then the points are doubled.
Rob

Haha...no, you can choose to play DCTS for double or nothing.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you expect? So far.
Support as in how?

Anything, really. The game hasn't evolved at all since launch. A couple of very small tweaks to settings, a video mode that essentially makes the other video mode pointless, and a ton of bugs and a loss of the ability to adjust the magna slings.

Why aren't they evolving the gameplay? Why is the WCWS multiball so basic? It's just essentially a "light everything" multiball. This game deserves better attention than it's getting. It's literally had more bugs than features added to it over time.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anything, really. The game hasn't evolved at all since launch. A couple of very small tweaks to settings, a video mode that essentially makes the other video mode pointless, and a ton of bugs and a loss of the ability to adjust the magna slings.
Why aren't they evolving the gameplay? Why is the WCWS multiball so basic? It's just essentially a "light everything" multiball. This game deserves better attention than it's getting. It's literally had more bugs than features added to it over time.

In 450 games, I've had only one issue: froze and then reset itself. None of the other bugs have bit me yet. I'm running 1.11

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Why is the WCWS multiball so basic? It's just essentially a "light everything" multiball. This game deserves better attention than it's getting. It's literally had more bugs than features added to it over time.

Even if it's basic (which I agree it is), it's still there and not a missing feature. Maybe it just boils down to only having so much time to get everything into the game and not over complicating things in the process. I hope it does eventually improve in the future though.

Rob

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Even if it's basic (which I agree it is), it's still there and not a missing feature. Maybe it just boils down to only having so much time to get everything into the game and not over complicating things in the process. I hope it does eventually improve in the future though.
Rob

It has less going on than Storage Facility Multiball. Heck, even Mass Hysteria is just a "light everything" multiball with the flipper goofiness. The game just feels very unfinished. The modes are awesome, and the layout is probably the best in years, but the code is just super thin. It's very basic and there's a lot of potential left untapped.

#408 7 years ago

The main issue left is the massive drain straight in the middle.
What is the % of pleasure and the % of frustration when you play this one?

I really think to change the length of the flipper to enjoy it.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Nah, the flipper gap really isn't an issue. All of Trudeau's games have it, and there are Bally games with lightning flippers that give a bigger gap. You get used to it and it's not that hard to play around.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nah, the flipper gap really isn't an issue. All of Trudeau's games have it, and there are Bally games with lightning flippers that give a bigger gap. You get used to it and it's not that hard to play around.

That is what I do but I really care about the pleasure I take when I play.
I have already done 3,5MM on a pro when it came out, but it was really much more frustration than pleasure.
With my premium, it is still more frustration than pleasure.

And of course, I really hope a better code, well balanced.

#411 7 years ago

I've kept my tilt in and kept it on a medium sensitivity but have increased the tilt warnings from 2 to 3 (meaning 4th warning tilts the game). Not afraid to get a little rough with it to save STDM drains. Feel like this is a fair compromise with this game.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It has less going on than Storage Facility Multiball. Heck, even Mass Hysteria is just a "light everything" multiball with the flipper goofiness. The game just feels very unfinished. The modes are awesome, and the layout is probably the best in years, but the code is just super thin. It's very basic and there's a lot of potential left untapped.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to wonder if this how Stern games will be coded starting with GOT and going forward. Games may be released more complete but see little code support down the road that adds little to the games rules. Basically this may be another form or cost cutting so Stern can crank out as many games as they can per year. Sterns programmers are talented but it seems that they are simply not given enough time to work on their games.

I will not buy a Ghostbusters until its code is heavily expanded upon, if that doesn't happen I just won't by it. Wheres an expansion to the games modes? How about adding more animations to the Ecto Goggles? Whats the point of the extra Slimer movement on the premium / LE if there are no rules to take advantage of the extra movement? Where's the code that adds more personality to the game?

As prices continue to rise and competitors like JJP add substantial regular code updates to their games my expectations for what Stern should be offering in terms of code support goes up.

#413 7 years ago

It looks like 1.12 is out. Should we all update and continue on that thread? I heard they took care of a lot of bugs but like anything there are still a few more kinks in it.

#414 7 years ago

I'm just not comfortable loading 1.12 until the officially have it on their website on the game code page. aka officially released.

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I'm just not comfortable loading 1.12 until the officially have it on their website on the game code page. aka officially released.

I have played quite a few games on it and the code seems very stable - But I totally understand wanting to wait until it is official.

#416 7 years ago

1.12 is much better than 1.11. Fewer bugs, for sure.

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to wonder if this how Stern games will be coded starting with GOT and going forward. Games may be released more complete but see little code support down the road that adds little to the games rules. Basically this may be another form or cost cutting so Stern can crank out as many games as they can per year. Sterns programmers are talented but it seems that they are simply not given enough time to work on their games.
I will not buy a Ghostbusters until its code is heavily expanded upon, if that doesn't happen I just won't by it. Wheres an expansion to the games modes? How about adding more animations to the Ecto Goggles? Whats the point of the extra Slimer movement on the premium / LE if there are no rules to take advantage of the extra movement? Where's the code that adds more personality to the game?
As prices continue to rise and competitors like JJP add substantial regular code updates to their games my expectations for what Stern should be offering in terms of code support goes up.

Totally agree. And it doesn't help that the lead programmer for GOT has to lead the very next game (ghostbusters) back to back when (correct me if im wrong - im not counting pabst can crusher) the last 2 new pins to come out from stern in over a year are those 2 pins. Kinda sucks but another reason not to jump in on the new pin band wagon.

#418 7 years ago

essaye hein, c'est que du bonheur
et c'est pas pour le prix de 2 batteurs "carottes", si t'aimes pas ils serviront un jour ou l'autre...

#419 7 years ago

Been running 1.12 for a few days...stable in my opinion

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

1.12 is much better than 1.11. Fewer bugs, for sure.

What does 1.12 have over 1.10? That's where I left off because 1.11 came out and everyone reported issues right away.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What does 1.12 have over 1.10? That's where I left off because 1.11 came out and everyone reported issues right away.

It's essentially a bug squashing release. Not much going on in regards to anything new, but overall reliability is much better. I have seen a couple of small issues (ball getting lost after a lock, sounds continuing after a drain), but nothing like the bugs that 1.10 and 1.11 had.

#422 7 years ago

just went to stern site 1.12 not listed.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

23033038 (resized).jpg23033038 (resized).jpg

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's essentially a bug squashing release. Not much going on in regards to anything new, but overall reliability is much better. I have seen a couple of small issues (ball getting lost after a lock, sounds continuing after a drain), but nothing like the bugs that 1.10 and 1.11 had.

The only thing I have seen or heard about, that I care about, is the video mode locking up on ESP on occasion. Extra ball, terror dog high score entry, and any other bugs are annoying but are only noticed by my better players. Weak flippers would not fly because it would happen at the worst moment. Until that's fixed, I'll hang tight with 1.10.

How much of this thread have you read? At least 3 others have said the same exact thing. Read a few pages back and you'll find what you are looking for.

#425 7 years ago

As much as I've loved the game from the start I'm starting to agree that it could use a bit more oomph all around. The bugs are rather unfortunate too, I had a ball ending bug last session that was a real WTF moment. I just really hope it all gets worked out because this is a game I want to buy!

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

As much as I've loved the game from the start I'm starting to agree that it could use a bit more oomph all around. The bugs are rather unfortunate too, I had a ball ending bug last session that was a real WTF moment. I just really hope it all gets worked out because this is a game I want to buy!

Has the issue you ran into been described in the thread already? If it's a new one it should certainly be talked about and hopefully it can get fixed sooner than later.

#427 7 years ago

It was a video mode bug on DCTS where the video mode started, ball kicked out way prematurely with flippers dead and ended ball.

#428 7 years ago

Go to the 1.12 thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v112-code-talk.

The links are in the first post.

#429 7 years ago

I've played a ton of games on 1.12 and had no issues other than the known minor bugs. Most important to me was it fixed the dead left flipper issue I had on 1.11

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

1.12 is officially out now.

1 week later
#431 7 years ago

I'm sticking to 1.1. Zero issues. Had my best game tonight

Concentration on point. Shots dialed in. Wife nowhere in sight! First ball netted 3.8. Lots of scoring done with bonus, long storage with loopin supers, and HUGE 1B PKE jackpot ramp shots.

Final score 8.5B
I'm going to sleep

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I'm sticking to 1.1. Zero issues. Had my best game tonight
Concentration on point. Shots dialed in. Wife nowhere in sight! First ball netted 3.8. Lots of scoring done with bonus, long storage with loopin supers, and HUGE 1B PKE jackpot ramp shots.
Final score 8.5B
I'm going to sleep

Im sticking to 1.10 as i dont want the headache with 1.11 or 1.12

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

A couple months back I purchased the machine with this code. To my surprise, the code/machine in general has been problem free over the last 550 games played. Unless a major update with new modes are introduced, I'm staying with this.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I was pleased going from 10 to 11. You get the slimer motor adjustment for one. Give it a go you'll like it.

#435 7 years ago

I have been waiting for my GB/PRe now for 7 months.My Dealer said it had a bad node board in it,and they(Stern) were waiting for new ones because the old ones were faulty! I wonder if this is the problem with new code,bad node board??

#436 7 years ago

Well, you're half right.
Old code; bad node board is the correct answer we were looking for.

Tell him what he's won Johnny!

A NEW all expenses paid Node 8 board factory direct from Stern!
*audience applause*

Thank you for playing hawkmoon.
Update that code to the latest 1.12 immediately after the new board goes in and you should be good to go.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have been waiting for my GB/PRe now for 7 months.My Dealer said it had a bad node board in it,and they(Stern) were waiting for new ones because the old ones were faulty! I wonder if this is the problem with new code,bad node board??

Bull. Cancel, get a refund and buy it from a distributor that can ship right now - a number have inventory to ship. You don't need to suffer for months for a specific distributor's issue.

#438 7 years ago

I am in a similar boat distributer wise- been paid for months, told it should be shipping soon on the few emails they return. Last shipping update was "its shipping tomorrow" two weeks ago. If I order from someone that has it in stock now, I don't want to get hit with the "Stern 2017 Price Hike" after/if I get a refund.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 438 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code-111-is-up/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.