image (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
sw1 (resized).jpg
cosplay-super-troopers-dragoncon (resized).jpg
IMG_7703 (resized).PNG
IMG_3119 (resized).JPG
There are 438 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

too easy... than, if you're a "player", its time to put (back as before) the 2 new mode settings to OFF

I wish it was easy... most games end up in the 150-400m scores, that method of going for the right ladder is what I have been *attempting* to do... but rarely able to. When it all aligns is a great feeling, but it has only happened a few times as I am not really a great player to be honest.

#252 7 years ago

Took me a few weeks to confirm.

I had a "Weak Left Flipper" for one game. The problem went away on new game and have not been able to replicate.

I really enjoy the new code update, "Don't cross the Screams Video Mode", some of the timing and general game play is definitely better.
I do not enjoy playing the older code at all. This upgrade breathed new life into the game for me. I am now playing the game much more frequently.

Only issues I have is LE/Premium envy....

#253 7 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing an issue on 1.11 where if your ball does not make it all the way thru the subway ramp and the game does a ball search, my slimer will move all the way to the left and stay there. So if I need to start a mode im screwed. I have to let the ball drain to have slimer go back again.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Is anyone else experiencing an issue on 1.11 where if your ball does not make it all the way thru the subway ramp and the game does a ball search, my slimer will move all the way to the left and stay there. So if I need to start a mode im screwed. I have to let the ball drain to have slimer go back again.

Yes -- if the ball is routinely not making it out of the subway when it should (as mine was), adjust the ramps/wire guide under playfield. Since adjusting, I've had a 100% success rate...

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yes -- if the ball is routinely not making it out of the subway when it should (as mine was), adjust the ramps/wire guide under playfield. Since adjusting, I've had a 100% success rate...

Agree. I centered my wire guide up where it meets the plastic and tightend down the lock nut.
Now the ball comes up smooth as glass.
I also did the ball slow down trick on the top rails with the electrical tape.
Have not had a ball not make it back up in weeks.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Had a game the other night end, then couldn't start a new one - all buttons unresponsive until I did a power cycle too.

I had a comp 2 weeks ago with the new code. My GB had to be power cycled 3x in 100 games because of this

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I had a comp 2 weeks ago with the new code. My GB had to be power cycled 3x in 100 games because of this

I can recreate this condition if, at the end of a game, I hit start before the game has a chance to reset all the pinballs.
The DMD will indicate "searching for pinballs" and then after about 15 seconds appear to have reset and ready for the next game. However, hitting the start button has no effect and the game must be cycled off/on.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Boy I would love a bug update/patch...how hard can it be?

Unless one is a developer with some insight into the code, one isn't capable of answering "how hard can this be?" So let's start here. How hard is it for you to fix the intermittent and random problems most can't reproduce yourself?

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I can recreate this condition if, at the end of a game, I hit start before the game has a chance to reset all the pinballs.
The DMD will indicate "searching for pinballs" and then after about 15 seconds appear to have reset and ready for the next game. However, hitting the start button has no effect and the game must be cycled off/on.

I can recreate this condition too.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yikes. I'm still on 1.10, and from everything I'm reading - I think I'm going to stay with that. 1.11 seems too buggy. 1.10 has been running fine on my pro - played a bunch of games last night with no issues.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I can recreate this condition too.

If you can recreate the issue, I suggest recording a video. Post to UT. Share the link with Chas Stern tech support. Once it's on the inside I would think Chas would share it if the the video clearly documents the issue.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Unless one is a developer with some insight into the code, one isn't capable of answering "how hard can this be?" So let's start here. How hard is it for you to fix the intermittent and random problems most can't reproduce yourself?

better question would be "How hard is it to properly test new code updates to ensure you dont put out 2 most recent versions with major issues, which have intermittent issues that many are experiencing?"

I mean really... Who are the real world beta testers? Are they not concerned with these issues, the issues not arrising on their games, or are they not observant enough to see these issues? The answer to all of these is to obviously roll out beta runs of code to MORE people with more games and more eyes.

I have offered many times to assist and send all issues directly to the manufacturer/coder to help (and refrain from discussing it publicly), but nothing but snarky replies. I would genuinely like to help!

#263 7 years ago

Experienced the weak left flipper for the first time last night on my Pro. It happened on the last ball of the game and caused me to lose the ball. It's really weird the way it acts. It flips in a weak slow motion kind of way. Anyway, I started a new game and it persisted until I lost the ball again. Ball save was still lit and relaunched the ball and the flipper was fine after that and and for the next three games I played. I probably played twenty games since the update and that's the first time it's happened. Oh, and I got the scream for the first time last night scared the shit out of me

#264 7 years ago

Just got my premium. Shipped with 1.05 and no issues. Like a dummy I decided to chance putting 1.11 in and of course now the left flipper is randomly dying.

Can someone please send me the 1.05 premium file?

#265 7 years ago

If you are experiencing dead or weak flips I recommend replacing the EOS switches. I have witnessed these symptoms prior to 1.11 and the EOS switches were responsible. I had one with a small crack on one of the switch blades and another with a poorly riveted contact. I find it highly unlikely that this is a code issue as I have been running 1.11 on both a Premium and a Pro model since day one of code drop, both with hundreds of plays since then with no issues. Still, anything's possible and the software certainly does have many bugs to be worked out.

#266 7 years ago

Been playing a lot of GB and GoT, both with the 'reel pops.' Overall I think it's a pretty innovative feature: would love to see a feature where something like hitting both flippers 'releases' the lock on the pops. Sometimes, two of the pops lock onto something unimportant relative to what you're playing for. Would be nice to let them go to try to lock onto something more lucrative.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

replacing the EOS switches. I

Where's the service bulletin on this issue then? Stern should have one so we can get the distributors to mail out free replacements if this is true.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Have you done a switch test to check your Subway Lock Optos and your ball trough Optos? I am running 1.11 on a Premium and not able to recreate this.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Where's the service bulletin on this issue then? Stern should have one so we can get the distributors to mail out free replacements if this is true.

As far as I can tell they are using the same EOS switches they've been using for quite a long time. I think the real issue is that the Spike system has created stronger flippers and the EOS switches are not beefy enough to absorb the vibrations without cracking. For what it's worth I also had this happen on GoT premium after about 1,000 plays.

The Spike flippers are also breaking the EOS actuators more often than in SAM and Whitestar. Amazing how powerful these new flippers are, even though they're only powered by 48vdc.

So, yeah, they probably won't issue a Service Bulletin, but maybe we'll see redesigned EOS switches and actuators on Batman 66 or Aerosmith.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

Have you done a switch test to check your Subway Lock Optos and your ball trough Optos? I am running 1.11 on a Premium and not able to recreate this.

Good idea. Will do tonight.

#271 7 years ago

If you get a tilt warning while draining on 1.11, it will sometimes not award bonus. Doesn't need to be a tilt, just a warning.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

better question would be "How hard is it to properly test new code updates to ensure you dont put out 2 most recent versions with major issues, which have intermittent issues that many are experiencing?"
I mean really... Who are the real world beta testers? Are they not concerned with these issues, the issues not arrising on their games, or are they not observant enough to see these issues? The answer to all of these is to obviously roll out beta runs of code to MORE people with more games and more eyes.
I have offered many times to assist and send all issues directly to the manufacturer/coder to help (and refrain from discussing it publicly), but nothing but snarky replies. I would genuinely like to help!

Dude, after reading your pinside stuff I wouldn't trust you with beta code for a second. Sorry but that's how it is.

But that aside, it might be very hard to properly test the code especially problems that are intermittent and only appear on a small portion of user machines such as an intermittent weak left flipper. Problems like broken video mode should have been obvious, though.

People that aren't developers should refrain from the "this seems easy to fix" discussion though. They have no basis for determining difficultly. Of course that doesn't change the fact that it should be fixed.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dude, after reading your pinside stuff I wouldn't trust you with beta code for a second. Sorry but that's how it is.
But that aside, it might be very hard to properly test the code especially problems that are intermittent and only appear on a small portion of user machines such as an intermittent weak left flipper. Problems like broken video mode should have been obvious, though.
People that aren't developers should refrain from the "this seems easy to fix" discussion though. They have no basis for determining difficultly. Of course that doesn't change the fact that it should be fixed.

funny... I have done beta for a few other coders and absolutely no issues. I find lots of bugs, provide expert instructions for accurate recreation, and even suggestions for work around.

All for free and nobody has been the wiser of the projects I have lent a critical eye to.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

problems that are intermittent and only appear on a small portion of user machines such as an intermittent weak left flipper

so far the majority of owners i have spoken to have had it happen on their games. If anything it seems very common and the reality is many dont pay good enough attention/ are not looking at the flippers to see it happen. Then they start paying attention and think WTF, there it is.

#275 7 years ago

Weak flippers and bugs aside.. one owner said the scoring is now one sided on the right side modes getting to 6Billion pts multiple times now. I wish they didn't screw up score balancing part as well.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Weak flippers and bugs aside.. one owner said the scoring is now one sided on the right side modes getting to 6Billion pts multiple times now. I wish they didn't screw up score balancing part as well.

Through the multipliers and Stay Puft?

#277 7 years ago

Just give us 1.12 already stern. Friday would be nice...

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just give us 1.12 already stern. Friday would be nice...

i would rather prefer a 2.0 version...

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny... I have done beta for a few other coders and absolutely no issues. I find lots of bugs, provide expert instructions for accurate recreation, and even suggestions for work around.
All for free and nobody has been the wiser of the projects I have lent a critical eye to.

markmon : same for me, than its not we're talking just for talking

about playing pinball : i'm not a wizard, but still quite good (right now 385th at the IFPA) to know if a pin is "playing" well or not

about coding : same story, i'm a '80 boy, growned in the computer age, and coding lots of things & in various languages/machines, i have the "logical" spirit to do it & feel how it works

bah...

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Through the multipliers and Stay Puft?

Yeah, when you get the multipliers going on in Stay Puft mode, thats the way to the big scores.. makes sense as it is the hardest ladder to beat since it has to most modes.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i would rather prefer a 2.0 version...

That would be a nice. Is a substantial update in the works?

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, when you get the multipliers going on in Stay Puft mode, thats the way to the big scores.. makes sense as it is the hardest ladder to beat since it has to most modes.

Yeah, for sure. Easy path to a consistent high (though not quite as high) score is to just hammer the left ramp modes.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I worked on an intermittent left flipper (sometimes would barely even hit the ball half way up the playfield) on location at our weekly pinball tournament over 3 months ago. I ran a dollar bill through both flipper EOS switches and both flipper button switches. We hadn't had an issue with the game since.

Anyone with intermittent weak flippers should try this. ^^^^^^^
Also check the EOS and flipper button switch gaps. I do not think it is related to any particular firmware. The game I think had either 1.05 or 1.08 firmware at the time.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Anyone with intermittent weak flippers should try this. ^^^^^^^
Also check the EOS and flipper button switch gaps. I do not think it is related to any particular firmware. The game I think had either 1.05 or 1.08 firmware at the time.

So everyone's flippers were working fine, then an assload of people need EOS switch adjustments after updating to 1.11?

Honestly I think that would be wayyy too coincidental.

#285 7 years ago

No problem on 1.05, switched to 1.11 now problems, switched back to 1.05 no more problems. Eos my ass. Buggy code.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So everyone's flippers were working fine, then an assload of people need EOS switch adjustments after updating to 1.11?
Honestly I think that would be wayyy too coincidental.

Just sharing my experience. And the harm for not trying would be...what? Not just switch adjustments, but as my first post stated, I cleaned the EOS and flipper button switch contacts as well.

#287 7 years ago

Have a few beers and you won't even notice the weak left flipper

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No problem on 1.05, switched to 1.11 now problems, switched back to 1.05 no more problems. Eos my ass. Buggy code.

And one question I asked many times...... what was build date one ones that are having the problem.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've been playing my MMR instead lately, how great it is to play a game with a beautiful playfield and complete working code with no bugs- amazing !

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I've been playing my MMR instead lately, how great it is to play a game with a beautiful playfield and complete working code with no bugs- amazing !

Awesome pin!

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

And one question I asked many times...... what was build date one ones that are having the problem.

All GB cabinets affected with problems, flaws, defects, and code issues are limited to build dates between 1/1/16 and 12/2/16.

Edit: Ending date is subject to adjustment.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

I'm still running 1.05 and have experienced the weak left flipper issue several times before ever reading about it being a bug in 1.11. Anyone else running 1.05 have this issue?

Quoted from Phbooms:

I had this happen many times on 1.05 but was a little different then 1.11 is doing. On 1.05 my right flipper would hit the ball at 1/4 power when it would act up but on 1.11 the flippers go limp and the ball pushes them down easily. Ive only had it happen on 1.11 during WCWS, SFM, and MH all stacked together.

From what I read and experienced myself, it is not happening only on v1.11. I do not doubt that v1.11 is magnifying the problem.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

All GB cabinets affected with problems, flaws, defects, and code issues are limited to build dates between 1/1/16 and 12/2/16.
Edit: Ending date is subject to adjustment.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A little birdie told me different

#294 7 years ago

My GBLE pin is playing flawless on latest code.

#295 7 years ago

Have had my Premium since Monday, on code 1.11, zero issues with weak flippers. Tons of games in. It is an early November build.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have a few more and you'll be posting up a "WTB Stern Stars" thread in no time...

#297 7 years ago

Installed tonight and played a few games. Seemed fine though I could have sworn I had a limp drop catch on the right flipper.

Interesting rules now from 1.05, and I had completed/beaten that version twice.

It's still a tough game on 1.11 but strange to roll right into modes that left off after you drain. Makes the game more friendly, though too early to decide which set of rules I favor.

#298 7 years ago

oh and p.s, I think I had completed the ballroom but immediately after, I shot in the left scoop and the game shut down! Before I could think WTF? a face appeared in the DMD and SCREAMED so loud that the wife and kids heard it from rooms over. Sorry for the spoiler, but I don't even know what I did to get it, it was awesome though.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not sure it matters as it's a code issue but 10/30 handwritten 11/3 stamped for me.

#300 7 years ago

Just tried to back up my 1.05 before installing 1.11 and can't find anywhere in the menu to do it.

Have tried with a stick which has 1.11 on it and with a stick that doesn't.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 438 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code-111-is-up/page/6?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.