image (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
sw1 (resized).jpg
cosplay-super-troopers-dragoncon (resized).jpg
IMG_7703 (resized).PNG
IMG_3119 (resized).JPG
There are 438 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I uploaded the 1.11 code. So far no major issues.

"Premium/LE or Pro ?"

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

No- If you drain and get a ball-save, it auto kicks the ball back into play from the shooter.
If you drain and its not a save, then yes. it sits until you shoot.

But he said not a ball saver.

So he means it drained, kicked out again, but didn't end the ball.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Um, isn't that what normally happens when you drain?

It didn't advance to the next ball.

#204 7 years ago

*PRO*
more than one of my pros has the weak flipper issue as described with code 1.11. one was new out of box and this code made it happen.
game will be playing fine, and suddenly feels like im trying to do a tap pass. super low power for a couple seconds.
both flippers

also, if you choose the NON adult content, it still swears instead of beeping things out at certain points.
Hoping its fixed asap. not good for location esp.

#205 7 years ago

This new code made me a better player...game of a lifetime! Totally legit...I think invisiglass really helped a ton

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

This new code made me a better player...game of a lifetime

WTF.... did you really hit that many looping supers?or did your machine enter beast mode

#207 7 years ago

I have a Prem running 1.11 and can also confirm the weak left flipper. I don't know if this has been reported, but if you drain your last ball while Slimer is in your ecto glass. He will stay there. it will not goto the stern logo. Only way to fix is to start a new game or shut off machine.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

WTF.... did you really hit that many looping supers?or did your machine enter beast mode

Glass off. Thus the "invisiglass" reference. There is no way anyone could seriously pull that many off. I did learn, however, the more you hit, the more time you get on loopin supers! I was up to 140 seconds at one point.

I really did this to run through all of the modes of the game to see what happened after you beat them all. Got to the last scene and lost interest. My kid got a kick out of rolling the ball around at targets though lol

#209 7 years ago

Perhaps mentioned earlier, but noticing 20 ghosts is not lighting Tobins, 40 not lighting ESP. Happened on several games -- is it supposed to light automatically or am I missing something? 1.11/premium. Happen up anyone else?

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Perhaps mentioned earlier, but noticing 20 ghosts is not lighting Tobins, 40 not lighting ESP. Happened on several games -- is it supposed to light automatically or am I missing something? 1.11/premium. Happen up anyone else?

You are probably in a scene. Those are not lit during scenes. Once the scene is over, then they will be lit.

Rob

#211 7 years ago

librarian insert (again) & videos modes...

let's repeat my wish :

- librarian insert does nothing (until of course it will at the next code ?), and i still think its linked with the right captive ball mini-modes
- 2 videos mode choice is bad at the right scoop, this must be only for ESP, the insert is there on the PF, the idea is nice, the video mode is fun as the scene in the movie, than leave it alone (lets be honest, nobody play that video mode now, evbd is going for the DCTS)
- than easy trick : link the DCTS video mode to the librarian insert at left scoop/activating with right captive ball

easy to code : when making right captive ball, if "only 1 ball in play", light randomly DCTS at librarian (or the brothers, or the dog, or goozer), making the shoot give all is lit there, including the video mode ... if players goes in a multiball before making the left scoop, video mode just goes OFF and its lost, simple as that

#212 7 years ago

I'm still running 1.05 and have experienced the weak left flipper issue several times before ever reading about it being a bug in 1.11. Anyone else running 1.05 have this issue?

#213 7 years ago

I worked on an intermittent left flipper (sometimes would barely even hit the ball half way up the playfield) on location at our weekly pinball tournament over 3 months ago. I ran a dollar bill through both flipper EOS switches and both flipper button switches. We hadn't had an issue with the game since.

#214 7 years ago

Not seeing the urgency to go back to 1.10 from 1.11, no weak flipper yet and besides that why else would you want to go back to 1.10? What else am I missing?

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

I'm still running 1.05 and have experienced the weak left flipper issue several times before ever reading about it being a bug in 1.11. Anyone else running 1.05 have this issue?

I had this happen many times on 1.05 but was a little different then 1.11 is doing. On 1.05 my right flipper would hit the ball at 1/4 power when it would act up but on 1.11 the flippers go limp and the ball pushes them down easily. Ive only had it happen on 1.11 during WCWS, SFM, and MH all stacked together.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

On 1.05 my right flipper would hit the ball at 1/4 power ... on 1.11 the flippers go limp

Thanx Phbooms, 1/4 power is about what I'm experiencing on my left flipper. Might have to check the contacts.

#217 7 years ago

Still on 1.05...best game is like 500mil...everyone updating to 1.11...game is running great, hate to mess with anything lol

#218 7 years ago

Funny story

I said GB would be a mess like KISS almost a year ago

Odds are GB will remain a wreck until the final run just before the license expires.

I still want one tho. Reeeeally bad. Almost to the point of ignoring the facts & just ordering it. But I better wait. Lets just hope GB doesnt end up with GOT orbit fixes & (missing) KISS modes.

Screenshot_20161127-124902 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161127-124902 (resized).png

#219 7 years ago

I've been running 1.11 (Premium) since Friday morning (4 days ago) . No issues with 1.11 to report.
If you are on the fence to update your premium, I say do it. It is possible to go back, but 1.11 is more fun for people are not top notch players. Finally I don't have to start "who brought the dog" over and over each game.

#220 7 years ago

I reviewed the 1.10/1.11 update: http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2016/11/28/review-ghostbusters-premiumle-code-1-11-and-1-10/

tl;dr - it's worth updating, even if this is more of a lateral move. It introduces "easy mode" to the experience, but not much else. There are a few things that are nice, such as light 2X in the skill shots, but the bugs are unfortunate. This was more of a maintenance update (added options/tweaks) than a real code evolution. The new video mode is neat. The biggest thing that comes about with the new code is that it focuses you narrowly in regards to strategy. Rush to WCWS if you want a big score. That's your most reliable and safe way to score big. Variety took a back seat.

Anybody saying that they don't have bugs...you just haven't noticed them. They're there, and they're repeatable.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I reviewed the 1.10/1.11 update: http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2016/11/28/review-ghostbusters-premiumle-code-1-11-and-1-10/
tl;dr - it's worth updating, even if this is more of a lateral move. It introduces "easy mode" to the experience, but not much else. There are a few things that are nice, such as light 2X in the skill shots, but the bugs are unfortunate. This was more of a maintenance update (added options/tweaks) than a real code evolution. The new video mode is neat. The biggest thing that comes about with the new code is that it focuses you narrowly in regards to strategy. Rush to WCWS if you want a big score. That's your most reliable and safe way to score big. Variety took a back seat.
Anybody saying that they don't have bugs...you just haven't noticed them. They're there, and they're repeatable.

how do you get to wcws?

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

how do you get to wcws?

Complete the left ramp ladder. Your shots are pretty safe there, minimal use of tough shots, and you are also going to be progressing towards Storage Facility multiball as you go.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

how do you get to wcws?

Complete any of the 3 ladder shots.
The one in the left scoop with Librarian and Back off Man would be the fastest way.
Then the middle ramp with only 3 modes would be the next fastest way followed by the right orbit that has 4 modes to get through.
After you complete any of these ladders the middle ramp will light for WCWS.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The one in the left scoop with Librarian and Back off Man would be the fastest way.

It's less modes, sure, and Spooked Librarian is the game's easiest mode. I guess I prefer progressing through locks at the same time by going through the We Got One ladder.

#225 7 years ago

Has anyone heard if a substantial update (more then just minor additions / bug fixes) is planned for Ghostbuster's? I'm still on the fence about getting one and have been curious how much further the code will develop from this point.

#226 7 years ago

Well using 1.11 for over a week now and no issues. No weak flipper, no problems. Just the technician alerts but these do not bother me.
I adjusted Slimer so he stopped dragging over the city. Hits perfect now. Updated my own made airball plastic, made it stick out more to the front, no air balls. So all is playing great, only waiting on the playfield replacement......and I think I need to order the drain post plastic. I can always take it out.

#227 7 years ago

Played some GBLE last night and the weak flipper thing happened a couple times on 1.11

Dwight, lets get a code update out that doesnt have any bugs in it, please? This is lame

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone heard if a substantial update (more then just minor additions / bug fixes) is planned for Ghostbuster's? I'm still on the fence about getting one and have been curious how much further the code will develop from this point.

well, from my side its :

Has anyone heard if a substantial update (more then just minor additions / bug fixes) is planned for Ghostbuster's? I'm still on the fence about swaping/selling mine and have been curious how much further the code will develop from this point

quite funny (but not)

#229 7 years ago

Why are some having this problem and others not. Could there have been a revision on the node boards.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's fair to expect it, but that doesn't mean that we'll get it. The game is really good as it is, but there is a lot of untapped potential. I really hope that more is coming beyond this implementation of easy mode. I have to think that they'll support this game for a while, but the pace of releases have been pretty slow.

#231 7 years ago

May I please ask you owners of the LE,and Pre,models,are you using your headphone jack???And if so,how are you doing it??? Just plug and play?or,do you like the mod from Pinnovators??Thanks!!

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's fair to expect it, but that doesn't mean that we'll get it. The game is really good as it is, but there is a lot of untapped potential. I really hope that more is coming beyond this implementation of easy mode. I have to think that they'll support this game for a while, but the pace of releases have been pretty slow.

I hear ya on "untapped potential". Like you said the game is good but it could be so much better. Currently I think the code at times has a bit of a generic feel to it and doesn't fully take advantage of the games toys.

Honestly I'm a bit bummed how the second movie is left out of the game in terms of modes. I wish there would have been 6 modes for each film in two ladders with a mini wizard mode for each and then an "Are You a God" wizard mode for completing everything with the ability to select the modes to be played.

#233 7 years ago

I would not let the present code stop me from buying this game. Fantastic game that can only get better.

#234 7 years ago

Game is fantastic with 1.11 code. But there are issues - The other night the right flipper went dead during Mass Hysteria MB. Also, slimer stopped working altogether. A power cycle resolved both issues.

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

May I please ask you owners of the LE,and Pre,models,are you using your headphone jack???And if so,how are you doing it??? Just plug and play?or,do you like the mod from Pinnovators??Thanks!!

Pinnovators headphone jacks are certainly the best option. And there were on sale for 15% off. Maybe still are.
Not only can you use headphones easily, but you can raise and lower the game volume without opening the coin door. Mute the game quickly with the flip if a switch and they even have a sub woofer output to directly hook up a powered sub with no fuss at all.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Game is fantastic with 1.11 code. But there are issues - The other night the right flipper went dead during Mass Hysteria MB. Also, slimer stopped working altogether. A power cycle resolved both issues.

Had a game the other night end, then couldn't start a new one - all buttons unresponsive until I did a power cycle too.

#237 7 years ago

Why is it some are having flipper issues and many are not

#238 7 years ago

Boy I would love a bug update/patch...how hard can it be?

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Boy I would love a bug update/patch...how hard can it be?

Considering some are having issues and some are not; i imagine it is quite difficult to pinpoint the problem. Just a hunch though.

#240 7 years ago

I've been holding off on updating due to all the bugs/etc. I'm still on 1.05. I do appreciate all of those that take the leap of faith each time to test and report back to the community. It really shouldn't be our jobs to test the code but it seems more and more companies are doing this. It's happening all the time in video games. If Stern was wise, maybe they would select a group to test their new code before releasing to public.

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Had a game the other night end, then couldn't start a new one - all buttons unresponsive until I did a power cycle too.

I also have had this happen on occasion. Only way out is to cycle the power.

#242 7 years ago

I like you guys

I really do

But we're talking about pinball right?

Some things, like oh I dunno FLIPPERS, purdy much need to work 100% of the time.

To say otherwise is, not to be harsh, but IMO a coping mechanism to validate this $5,000-$9,000 pinball purchase.

#243 7 years ago

Thank,you,Arcade,good advice!! I ordered !!

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Why is it some are having flipper issues and many are not

Probably variances in EOS switch gaps.

Rob

#245 7 years ago

I installed tonight..... have a dozen games on with no issues so far. Let's hope it says that way.

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Probably variances in EOS switch gaps.
Rob

Question is.. flippers worked fine before... why screw with it? What was the point.. no one was reporting an issue with their flippers before.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Question is.. flippers worked fine before... why screw with it? What was the point.. no one was reporting an issue with their flippers before.

If I remember correctly, 1.10 introduced some node board power optimizations so perhaps 1.11 had a bit more fine tuning? Maybe those additional changes had an indirect effect on the flipper timing algorithms in relation to EOS switch closure? 1.10 *seemed* to make the flippers slightly stronger on my game as I starting having more airballs.

Rob

#248 7 years ago

Installed 1.11 last week on my LE (got it with 1.05 in August). Never had any problems with 1.05.

I already had a game where BOTH fleapers went weak. Sure hope the fix this asap

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's less modes, sure, and Spooked Librarian is the game's easiest mode. I guess I prefer progressing through locks at the same time by going through the We Got One ladder.

That's what I really like about GB. You can approach it with a completely different strategy then someone else, or experiment with new ones over time to keep it fresh.

For me, I've actually found the new code changed my strategy to working towards the right ladder now. I like the idea of getting to Gozer and even Stay Puft and going for the Light Multiplier skill shot beforehand. Especially before starting Stay Puft, I got the playfield multipliers and stacked them for 6x playfield and was hitting 300-350M shots each in Stay Puft mode!! It was awesome, especially when Mass Hysteria multiball kicked in too.. then WCWS once I beat it.. had a 6B+ game right there.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's what I really like about GB. You can approach it with a completely different strategy then someone else, or experiment with new ones over time to keep it fresh.
For me, I've actually found the new code changed my strategy to working towards the right ladder now. I like the idea of getting to Gozer and even Stay Puft and going for the Light Multiplier skill shot beforehand. Especially before starting Stay Puft, I got the playfield multipliers and stacked them for 6x playfield and was hitting 300-350M shots each in Stay Puft mode!! It was awesome, especially when Mass Hysteria multiball kicked in too.. then WCWS once I beat it.. had a 6B+ game right there.

too easy... than, if you're a "player", its time to put (back as before) the 2 new mode settings to OFF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 438 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-code-111-is-up/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.