Topic Stats

• 7,511 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by enjoyvelvet
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3803 2 years ago

New to the club, and I still have green t molding coming! I put hooked on pinball's ecto goggle protector on.... Awesome. It's curvy and not like anything I could make by myself. You don't even notice it, yet it completely protects the glass.
I got PinBlades, ecto slime decals, sling plastics protectors that prevent the ball from hopping the guides, and an airball protector for the left ramp stand-ups. Every time I buy from pingraffix I am happy. Crazy fast shipping and everything just looks so good. I love these blades, they compliment the green armor very well. I almost went with his no slime blades, but so glad I didn't. The fifth pic is of the sling/inlane protectors. Can't see them? Neither can I! They blend right in and keep the original look
Props to Joe for yet another job well done!

IMG_20170915_170257415 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170915_170329440 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170915_170322323 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170915_170553553 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170915_170339877 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170915_170335057 (resized).jpg

#3809 2 years ago

It is soooo worth putting green t molding on... Looks like it should have come this way.

IMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpg

#3813 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My Pro can be green or red or blue or constantly changing color and the brightness can go up or down.

That is awesome!

#3830 2 years ago

Anyone know what the red inserts below the outlane flash for? Can't figure them out.

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Time to take a shot!

Of Jack Daniels?

#3836 2 years ago

It would be nice to know when that mode ends. I drain almost every time, and still can't hear any sound indicating the flippers are back to normal. Kind of annoying that these red inserts just blink randomly.

#3839 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I just purchased a used GB Premium with a build date of Dec 8th 2016. I do not think silmer is registering properly. Seems like I have to hit it too hard. Should that problem be fixed with my build date? Can you tell from my picture if I have the fixed silmer? If I go into test and hit it with my hand it registers everytime but during game play I really have to hit him hard for it to register. Not sure where to go from here.

Got a pic from the front ? That looks like some kind of slime add on at the end of that stalk thing that slimer hangs from. Could that be causing a problem?

#3841 2 years ago

Wow, this is my first spike game,and I had no idea about the complications for colors dmd...... I usually buy a game and wait for it to be colorized but I am bummed to see that this may end up being my only dmd game without. Boo!

#3843 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I am sure Boob will intermittently slide filters in front of your DMD while you play.

I love that everyone here can see how he haunts me!

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Isn't it designed so that a glancing blow registers but doesn't count for a true hit? I'm pretty sure on mine a glancing blow still triggers a sound.

Yup. A weak hit makes a sound, but doesn't count the same as a strong hit on mine.

#3857 2 years ago

I painted a pingulp and used a pingraffix slime decal under 4 coats of clear

IMG_20170926_201711140 (resized).jpg

#3859 2 years ago

How can you consider a game finished with a wizard mode title to a feature that doesn't exist, and an unused playfield insert? I really enjoy the game, but it clearly isn't finished.

#3877 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Does anyone have a recommendation for changing out the rubbers on a Premium? I'm not crazy about the black rubbers on the slings, for instance. I see that Titan has a few kits available. I'm not sure about the clear ones on the slings because of the blinding lights during some modes. Any ideas?

I bet the glow in the dark ones would look killer. I have only had mine a few weeks, but when it comes time, I was planning on those.

#3879 2 years ago

IMG_20170929_180937731 (resized).jpg

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I can't believe what a difference this makes...wow..a whole new game

So how are the rings situated now? The large ring on the bottom and small post rings on top?

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

yes that is correct you don't even have to remove the plastics to adjust this just roll the large one over the top of the small rings then roll the little ones into the groove
if you haven't done this you should...can't believe stern didn't do this...I assume it must have been designed this way, but as they started to assemble they got reversed

Thanks! I haven't noticed a lack of activity from the magnes, but I'm gonna try it out anyway.

#3898 2 years ago

I switched mine this morning. I would say my slings are slightly more active now. They never seemed inactive to me, but they probably come alive slightly more. Either way, it's not like there are any bad side effects, and you can always switch them back.

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they state that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

Just saw that. Yeah, baby! It feels good to know that it will be done!

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Nice little bit of info from Stern's facebook page:
"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update."

Scroll up a little.

1 week later
#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

Cool!

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Do you mean the 2x multiplier Button? But if you move that to the right to widen the Spinner Orbit the gap for the left Ramp would be more narrow, is that correct?

Pretty sure he means the other side. The left guide has a blue rubber thingie at the end right by the scoop. If you look up under the plastic, you can see the adjustable part.
Mine seems to already be all the way open, as the blue part is against the scoop already.

1 week later
#4052 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I flipped the sling rubbers and lowered the post on the right ramp and it made a nice difference. If we can get a nice code polish we will be in business.
For those that added a center drain post I want some feedback. Glad you did It? How did you k ow where to drill the hole?

They aren't drilling, you can buy a clear acrylic that attaches to the lane guides and the post hangs down from it. Thereby not permanently ruining your playfield

2 weeks later
#4114 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I met Ernie Hudson today at Phoenix FanFest. He signed my Premium translite, and couldn’t have been nicer. He said that he’s got a GB in his house (and a Congo), but that he hasn’t had time to play it yet.

Very cool!

1 week later
#4144 1 year ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

If you can't take the heat don't make unsafe shots. Or be prepared to spend a lot of money. I have recently been playing more on location games and if there is one that is tough I just get better, play safer, smarter, and be prepared to lose a few quarters. I play it like Vegas. Once I reach my limit I leave. The next time I come back I am that much better.

I love my GB, but I have to disagree with the unsafe shots part. The ball can come out of the pops straight down the middle.....

#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I used a frosted purple dome looks good with the green slime plastics that go with the center post kit

I think he was referring to the white triangle inserts in the playfield just in front of the slings that flash when the magana slings are active.

#4195 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have done a full 180 on this game. At first was very frustrated with it, could never seem to have a good game. Then I tweaked a few things (got carrot flipper bats, reset slimmer, etc.) and I'm now having frequent really good games. Just finished by best to date and had a blast! Went through every mode except "Back Off Man I'm a Scientist" I didn't even realize you can get to "we came we saw we kicked..." twice (I am not sure, but guessing after I finished StayPuff and a 2nd time after I finished Ballroom) Ended up with 10,449,370,000! So glad I never dumped this pin!

Carrots.....

1 week later
#4247 1 year ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

I've noticed lately that during multiball, the game pretty much always kicks out a 4th ball into play around 10 seconds after the 3rd ball launches. It does this no matter what mode is ongoing. At first I thought that is was a code error, but I'm not sure anymore.
It never kicks out this extra ball at any other point in the game... just at the beginning of multiball.
Anyone else seen this happen?
Thanks in advance!

Anything to do with add-a-ball? I can't keep all these rules straight

1 week later
#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

No the only change I made was swapping out Stern stock clippers with carrot flippers (which has really helped )

That would be a "yes"

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

To be honest as an owner you have to do some adjustment but then it just plays great. I have airballs only in a few occasions. No hopping drains, no sdtm, only a lot of fun. I agree the linear code is somewhat frustrating but sometimes you have this great game. That is what you do it for. I do not think any operator will go to the level of adjustments a home owner would.

How do you not have any sdtm? I certainly do.

1 week later
#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Excellent. That sure beats bending the metal with brute force and potentially f—ing it up. Thanks!

I’m fairly certain that chuck norris would disagree.

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my GB has started drop two balls in the plunge lane - anyone had this? fixed it please?

Re seat connectors to ball trough? Didn't accidentally add one too many balls?

1 week later
#4426 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thanks, I got the cable from pinballlife, plugged cable into CN6, the other end into the 3pin Y connector, that to the DMD board, but no power at all, will check the CN6 for output

Just contact colordmd. That are always responsive, and know their stuff.

#4469 1 year ago

LE all the way

IMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpg

#4492 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's easiest to go with a pre-assembled kit. In my opinion, these are the best ones on the market ...
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-10.html

I concur I have these on every one of my games that accommodates them.

#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?
I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

I had the game a little while and thought the same thing. Installed FF speakers and it sounds much better. Deeper, richer bass.

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone who changes the flippers for ghostbusters, or adjusts the angle, in my opinion is a bad player. Learn to nudge!!!! If that's not enough, add the center post.

The center post is the biggest cheat of them all! Ugh. You had me up until your last, contradictory sentence

1 week later
#4597 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I bought a lotr had the same problem game played like crap . Once i took them off it was fun and fast

Your lotr had scoleri brothers?

1 week later
#4647 1 year ago

I have seen him changing colors in stay puft mode. For 5 seconds until the distraction caused me to drain miserably!

2 months later
#4808 1 year ago

You aren't going to find a seller motivated enough to sell an LE for 7k, IMHO.
If you'd like to come check mine out in person and put some games on it, shoot me a p.m.

#4811 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's one with a ton of mods that was listed for $7,100 ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/50712

Well, that guy's nuts!

2 weeks later
#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m half tempted to get the topper, for those that have it are you enjoying it?

I got one a few weeks ago. I'm still hoping (but doubting) the update will make more use of it. It does look good like it belongs on the game but mostly lights up in attract mode.

#4885 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I've had my game a little over a week and have done a fair amount to it. It was pretty much not playable when I got, so many damn airball. Hard to believe it left the factory like this. Playing really well now, just hit 702mil. I've been doing some mods too:
-Ulek lane protectors
-Cpr upper left protector and right or it protector
-Purple trough light
-purple backboard light
-green speaker lights
-side mirrrors from cointaker
-ecto car on right ramp.
I traded the game for my wozrr and couldn't be happier, it's really a fun game. I swear the gap between the flippers are wider than normal. My scoleri targets don't go down well on a direct hit so I aim for the sides. Shaker is really well integrated.

The flipper gap IS bigger than standard.

#4887 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does it light up every time you hit the loop and the ecto siren goes off?

It lights up briefly with the ecto siren sound. If you don't look for it you might miss it I guess you wouldn't want it to go on all the time.

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

In regards to code, I'd be happy if the no ghost logo on the Ecto-1 one animations was facing the right way . It drives me bonkers...

Oh, no..... I have never noticed that..... I'm sure I won't be able to un-see it now!

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Please repost if you find it. I can't locate. That would be a huge improvement. Maybe would work for the right orbit too.

I remember it was a spring from a ballpoint pen glued to the airball protector that hangs over that area. I didn't want to ruin the airball protector if I ended up not liking it, so I attempted the spring idea sticking out sideways from the post on the left. Fail. Ordered the centerpost mod from pinball life yesterday.

1 week later
#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I just picked up a LOTR and it is definitely more forgiving. I don't mind the challenge of GB but I think it won't get much love next to LOTR so I'm gonna give the family what they want and put some carrot flippers on it, i think it won't be a huge change but just enough to let it go get some love next to a more forgiving pin. Perhaps that is an idea instead of center post?

I have always hated Center Posts. After having Ghostbusters for about a year now and getting pissed off every time a drain went straight down the middle, I gave in and bought the Center Post kit. I had fiddled with the area below the pops trying to divert the ball, but to no avail. I have had the center post for about 2 weeks now, and have to say that I actually really like it. It seems to save those straight down the middle shots, but not act as a cheater every time the ball drains. Just enough Edge to make this a fun game instead of frustrating. I highly recommend it and it is fully reversible if you decide you don't like it

1 month later
#5114 1 year ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

What kind of tape are people using to keep the ball from going right over into the outlane my only complaint on the game

tape? There are protectors made of plastic.

1 week later
#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is there something missing on this metal post ?[quoted image]

Nope.

IMG_20180801_002131722 (resized).jpg
#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I put some black foil under the slingsshot inserts and at the flasher near the left hole. Works perfect no blinding

Black foil??

1 month later
#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Finally got around to cutting a new airball protector (the old one was too close to slimmer and was chewing up his butt) I went the extra mile on the logo this time and used 3 different acrylics. They fit together very tight and I applied some adhesive to the gaps on the back. We’ll see it it holds up in gameplay!
[quoted image]

Did you take a pic of that on the game?

1 week later
#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

sure did:
[quoted image]

Ooooooh..
that's cool

1 week later
#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a GB pro. Love this game. It's a keeper. Ive done a few mods to the game and never had any issues. But, I feel like I want to sell/trade it and get the Premium. I figure its about a $2k upgrade. I haven't played the Premium much, but I like the subway and the hologram. Is that all Im really missing? Has anyone ever said "I wish I had the pro and not the premium"? Im just trying to see what opinions are and determine if I should spend the $2k and the hassle. Thanks

People complain about magna slings, but I think they are a cool and unique feature.

#5347 1 year ago

I wish ya could buy the firehouse without all that other stuff.

#5365 12 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine kinda looks blurry compared to the videos I've seen.
Does this look correct?
I have the lcd set on scan. It looked the same on hires.[quoted image]

I thought the same thing. I typically set mine to scan or hi res, but yeah, this one seems to work better with dotsxl for some reason

#5369 12 months ago

Is this the first for this? At the end, the last two digits of your score are green to see your match number... Cool little detail I haven't noticed before

#5372 12 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Thanks, I really like the effect too. It's just the back.

Great, now I hafta order uv bulbs!

#5377 12 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

No one else's goes black and white on storage lock?

If mine does, I haven't noticed it. I will try to get home between soccer games and look specifically at that screen.

#5388 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Maybe this is a Pro vs Prem/LE rom thing for that animation? Looks fine on the Premium here. River of Slime, however, is still completely the wrong color.

Yep. I played 3 games on my LE and the trap definitely has no issue like this.

#5389 12 months ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is there anything I can do to avoid the massive drains from this area ? I have tried to move the gate and it gets worse. It’s super frustrating [quoted image]

That gate pushes the ball over to the right on mine as it rolls down, preventing sdtm balls.

#5422 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you for sharing the notes! The wait has undeniably sucked for the next Ghostbusters update. Even Gomez admits that its one of their most popular games. PUT THE RESOURCES ON THE GAME STERN! The only good thing is that we now know that Stern has admitted that the games code is incomplete from a mode perceptive (Are You a God is coming), and it sounds like a lot of polish is coming. These are all good things despite the terribly long wait as we now know that the update won't be a simple bug fix update.
Stern's next "State of the Stern" address is this coming Tuesday where we will learn the state of the upcoming KISS update. I can see the KISS update taking the rest of the year with the holidays coming up. A substantial Ghostbusters update by next spring sounds likely...

I wasn’t only fooled into thinking we would learn anything in this “address” for about the first two. It really is just a cut and paste stalling tactic to appease some people.

3 weeks later
#5514 11 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ball Barron's "Ninja" balls are a great choice for this game since there are no magnets. He's currently running an 18% off sale on the Ninjas and the carbons ...
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

All true..... Except there are magnets

3 weeks later
#5604 10 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So other than the benefit of the center post any other benefits of that kit?

It helps prevent ball hops from the inlanes and it looks pretty cool with the green slime installed.

#5614 10 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

not misaligned, that one is in your face. I swapped it with a less brighter version.

I have never noticed that. Hafta check it out and see what you guys are talking about

#5621 10 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

I don't want the next gb update to just have these adjustments. Would kill me

Um... Yes. After this crazy wait, I think we all deserve a little sumthin' sumthin'

3 weeks later
#5674 9 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I cut a piece of pteg that I had 2"x 11 1/2", marked where the inserts were and cut them out, hot glued the gels on, and screwed it with the LED board screws. I also used a couple nylon washers I had to keep the LED board off the insert. Wasn't the prettiest bracket since I don't have a 3d printer, but it worked. Kinda hard to take a picture unless I take the LED board off.

All you really need to do is put the gel in between the bulb and insert. Same effect with much less work.

#5676 9 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, I know. Didn't want to duct tape them on and have a chance of them coming loose. Cleaner this way, and if I want to take it off, I just unscrew it.

True dat. I'd maybe use Scotch tape to attach the gets to the Plexi, so you can change them out if you want to go for a gradual white to green.

2 weeks later
#5738 8 months ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I ordered the Ecto Shield Protector Mod, and am just wondering after seeing how large it is, if others have it, and feel it's necessary for protection of the Ecto glass?
Any thoughts? My GB is one of the newer productions, so has the Stern installed side protector....

Yep, put it on. You won't even notice it afterya get used to it. An airball will land on that screen and make you cry.

1 month later
#5825 7 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a GB LE with code 1.13.0 I've noticed that when I play and it get to "We came we saw we kicked its.." the insert on the pf doesnt light. When I start the game and when I do a system test it lights no problem. Has anyone seen this issue before. thanks for any help.

I got to that mode for the first time last night and noticed the same.

#5832 7 months ago

Yeah. I thought I would leave it on, but it doesn't really surprise you because it makes that little murmer noise first. It just ended up being obnoxious and it's for no reason. It only lasted "on" for about a week and it really pissed off my dog- she would let out a big sigh and go upstairs

#5838 7 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I looked for this in my adjustments menu and the options only go up to 48

Are you sure you're in the game specific adjustments and not standard?

2 weeks later
#5887 7 months ago

I can't not see a wedding cake.

#5897 7 months ago

am I the only one who saw a sudden flurry of activity on here and was hoping that the stern code update had actuallybeen released?

#5904 7 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What are you supposed to do when "add a ball" lights?

Get the ball in that scoop and an extra ball is added during the multiball.

1 week later
#5949 6 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I put this green slime outlane kit with center post on my Ghostbusters. I really like it, I think it makes it more playable. The center post makes up for the extra wide gap in the flippers and the green slime looks great and hides those ugly metal ball guides
[quoted image]

I concur. Changed my game for the better.

1 week later
#6024 6 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi
Is there any rules posted anywhere
I checked IPDB.org and nothing was listed
Just to figure out somethings
And if Deadpool Code update dropped maybe GB will follow soon

LOL, we can only hope.

4 weeks later
#6136 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Try the zip tie out and see if you like it...I can 3d model that piece up pretty easily, and you can just buy it printed from shapeways at your leisure after I prove it out.

OMG, I thought this was a joke.

#6160 5 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

I was jonesing for this pin two years ago, played the Premium only about 20 times. Lost the urge but it has come back again with the news of an imminent code update. Can’t shake it. From most videos,Pro looks to be the smoothest shooter,Premium has the best toys and magna slings. Tough decision!

Imminent code update ....lol!

1 week later
#6183 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

shopping a GB for a friend. Going to add a few mods...are colored rubbers nice looking on GB? thinking slime green if they have them.

I just did Titan clear rubbers in gb. Green flipper rubbers Looks slick!

IMG_20190520_204340724 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204350890 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204421837 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204325070 (resized).jpg
#6186 4 months ago
Quoted from billrz:

No. I did not. Is that the issue?

Yes, colordmd website has instructions. This must be done for every title.

#6189 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do you have list of sizes you ordered ? Thx !

Oh, man. I had them all written down when I ordered for all my games but I combined them all into one big order. I think I found the sizes online.

#6194 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Order from Pinball
Life or titan ?

Ordered from titan.
I ordered some glow post sleeves from them for AFM, and the flow rubbers might also look cool. Here's a shot of them on AFM for reference.

IMG_20190405_190150965 (resized).jpg
#6206 4 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

Got any pics?

#6217 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone add undercab lighting or led strip below flippers? Never done this on a spike pin.

I haven't done those, but I did add a Cobb light strip under the upper train tracks to illuminate the pop bumper area. I was a little nervous about any extra load, but it's been going for about a year and all is good. I just used one of those bulb replacer bases that has an adapter and replaced one of those bulbs along the backboard, so no splicing/hardwiring advice.

#6220 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Link to Cobb light strip ? Comet ? Color ? Thx!

I had it kicking around in my bulb box for a few years, so I cut the wires on one of comets adapter bases and soldered it on. I can’t seem to find it on their site, but I’m pretty sure I got it from comet before they changed hands. Looks like it might be just as bright if you got one of their led strips that already comes with that adapter base. It really brightened up the pops and ya can’t see it at all under the ramp.

#6222 4 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

use Comet's Matrix system
[quoted image]
and patch in to a #44/#47 globe and then hook up various items
https://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

Yep, that’s the one.

#6225 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I use comet matrix a lot. What color looked good for you in pop bumper area. On most pins I alligator clip matrix. So on spike I’ll use the 44 bulb connector

I felt there is already enough color and just went with white to brighten up the area.

#6226 4 months ago
IMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpg
#6229 4 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey all,
So still new to my LE and lovin' it. What is frustrating to me is seeing the ball come out of the pops, under the gate, bounce off of the RT orbit rail just enough that the ball come SDTM. WTF!?
I need to order a hanging center post plastic but what else should I be looking at to help?

Level side to side?

#6233 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thinking about framing up Vigo in a doll house frame to add to the game. I know there are only one or two callouts from Ghostbusters II, plus the river of slime, but it still seems like something pretty iconic from the series that deserves a place in the game.
[quoted image]

You lost me at "dollhouse frame."

#6252 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just curious if anyone had this issue with their rubber rings. The far left adjustable post has small rubber at the bottom and a 7/16 at the top. The smallest one they came in my kit is the 3/16 which the manual says the game uses 16 of...that rubber just flops on the bottom metal post. Are these rubber rings not listed anywhere? Looks like I need to order smaller size. The manual does not even show them only the #7 rubber.
[quoted image]

I didn't have that problem, but I didn't order a kit. I added up sizes for four of my games and placed a bulk type order for all of them together and everything seemed to work out.

#6257 4 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Anyone else see this yesterday? A friend of mine sent it to me but when I went to check it had already been deleted.[quoted image]

#6263 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So someone took a picture with there phone, but didn't download the read me or code. Seems like a prank.

This. Anyone who saw that would have had a thumb drive blinking within 30 seconds.

#6272 4 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

LMAO! Flipper gap fix is a surprise

#6312 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ive changed all the rubbers to glow except one. The large band that wraps around the bottom of the slimer mech....looks like the only way to change it is to take a c clip off and remove rubber and put new one on...Anyone do this or is it not worth the risk/pain?
The glo rubbers do look great.

I changed that one without removing a c clip. I was able to just contort it around and get it on there.

1 month later
#6478 3 months ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I’ve always thought they should have put the P insert (in PKE) upside down so that it reads correctly when it reflects off the plastic.

Or backwards.

#6485 3 months ago

Will the mirror work out on a premium/le? I think the slimer is more in my way up there than anything else, but I hadn't considered the mirror.

#6490 3 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

We all saw the Dwight interview...he wanted to fix GOT way more than GB. He thought GB was in decent shape.

I haven't seen the interview.

1 week later
#6526 87 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

My GB came with the upgrade from Pinball universe in Germany (the machine was originally bought there), so I‘m good with the posts.
As for the ColorDMD: LED for sure! Better colors and 50 bucks less expensive.

I prefer lcd by a mile.

#6533 87 days ago

I love the ability to change modes. On GB and other cartoonish games, I like hi res. I sometimes change it up and switch to dotsxl.

#6535 86 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

Interesting how preferences matter. I actually prefer the typical DMD look and the mich brighter, more vibrant colors of the LED.

That's what makes the world go 'round

#6558 80 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

sorry - just wasn't sure best/cheapest place to buy them....
As for the ecto protector, I remember when I had my original Stern just gave me the replacement. Is it now just for sale?
Thanks

The hooked protector is bulletproof and looks like it belongs there

#6562 80 days ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Its worth it! I love mine.
note you will here the tick of the relay from time to time when in attract mode.
skip the stock stern protector its worthless
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod.html

I want to want the stay puft mod.... I just can't imagine it getting out to use when I've only gotten that mode like 3 times

#6564 80 days ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

It moves anytime the green "storage facility" arrow is lit, like getting the mulitball. So you get to see it a few times during a game depending on your game. Dont quote me, I do believe it moves also when stay puff is activated, by the time I look at it directly I have already forgotten to look back there when starting the stay puff mode.

Aaah.... Well that's cool.

#6574 77 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone mounted Stay Puft on a spring? I would think just some random movements would add to the illusion that he is walking.

Pretty sure he comes stock on a spring.

#6629 74 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The flipper switch when you hit the scolary brother ball.

Never realized that!

#6693 68 days ago
Quoted from psexton:

Yes the yellow button is working, it's just that the silver leaf does not push back far enough to push the yellow button down all the way. If I bend the silver leaf then it stops the ball from passing, so no win. So I can have the ball pass and no engagement if the yellow button or have the leaf push the yellow button but prevent the ball from passing.

Kinda hard to explain, but ya don't want to bend the part above the playfield "up". You want to adjust it close to the switch and bend that portion down towards the button.

#6699 68 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

they would look good if translucent green or pink. just my 2 cents.

I can't un-see a wedding cake.

2 weeks later
#6779 47 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Obviously the gap itself is expected to be bigger but stern apparently admitted they were off with the measurements on this.....
cmon I need a super nerd pinball guy to back me up - I read it a thousand times on here!

Lol, I also remember seeing this.

#6782 47 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have taken off the glass on both CFTBL and GB and checked and they both have the same signature gap measuring from the centre of flipper post to centre of flipper post. I have never seen Stern admit they were off in dimensions - they can't admit publicly there is a issue with pooling and chipping.
I talked to Trudeau about CFTBL and GB a number of years ago after GB release but before the findings of his personal life. The gap is his signature gap as he liked to create a game that was good for the arcades - 2-3 minute games hence lowering the flippers a more than the inlane guides. What he did say was the inlane / outlane guide was not meant to be as low as it came out initially which was raised in later production games.
I did ask about the outlane plugged holes near the apron and they were meant for the proton beam device which was axed due to cost.

I can't believe nobody has created an interactive proton beam device mod!

#6785 47 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have them on mine (proton guns fit in the hole and have EL wire shoot across the playfield on the sides).

I'm sorry if I missed it, but did you post pics in here somewhere? I remember seeing pics of e.l. wire on a game, but not proton guns. Sounds cool.

#6787 47 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

am working on ball interactive ones

Sweet please put me on your list. I had and loved your snack bar mod on creech, and I'd pre order this and be a test guy.

#6795 46 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

You had me doubting myself and being a mech engineer, I was crap did I really get this wrong.
I am sorry to say with all due respect that you are incorrect, and really we are splitting hairs but this is to educate people on measuring and forming opinions on incorrect information.
1. in your measuring we are talking 1/8" difference and for me is 3.175mm - but you are measuring at the outer of the flipper. We have a 1993 game with god knows what flipper replacements and a 2016 game using most probably Stern flipper moldings etc so not accurate starting point as they would not be the same.
2. like I said with my diagram, measure hole centre to hole centre or centre of flipper pivot to centre of flipper pivot is the correct way to measure. Both are 7 1/8" between centres so whoever put it out there measured incorrectly (happy for you to put Stern's official comment reporting that the flipper centre spacing was larger than 7 1/8" and should be Trudeau's tradional 7 1/8" centres). In the below photos I started the measurement on 1" and it goes to 8 1/8" = 7 1/8" for both CFTBL and GB.
In saying this I am not discouraging people to put a centre post in but it is not a mistake of Stern as Trudeau told me and I checked the spacing just now as a double check on myself as he stated to me that all his dmd games are 7m 1/8". Just the saggy flippers enhance the gap more.
here is CFTBL = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
[quoted image]
here is GB = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
[quoted image]

Stop wasting time measuring and get to work on my mod!

#6813 46 days ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thank you! I will look up how to install this. Is there a backup for the original that is available or that I need to do?

Nope, you just download it from the stern website.

#6843 42 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Those outlines were supposed to contain a proton stream. Surprised a mod hasn't been made for this affect!

Post 6782 and related responses

#6879 40 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

Well, the flickering is in the code! It's just that the LEDs turn on and off harshly as oppsed to the slight in-and-out dimming of old-style bulbs.

Yeah, that's just the way it is. Some of those flashers are pretty brutal.

#6887 40 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That must be on a premium, because the pro never shows 2 traps.

LE here, I don't think two traps are ever shown ??

1 week later
#6962 31 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Did you try putting the firmware on a usb and see if it will start the code update on power up?

I was considering suggesting a re-upload of software, but I haven't had this issue and I'm not sure if it would recognize the USB in that frozen state.

#6976 30 days ago
Quoted from Willy39:

My wife is being induced on Wednesday morning! Is it bad for me to think how the dead flip twitch feed is going to fit in to the day?

Congrats!!

#7000 29 days ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Good news! Baby boy decided to come this morning instead of Wednesday! So I’m in the clear for the dead flip code reveal on Wednesday!

Nice! Congrats, new dad!!

#7114 26 days ago

Some back alley coin door bling to celebrate

IMG_20190920_195943436 (resized).jpg
#7117 26 days ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I WANNA SEE THAT METALLICA TOPPER!

. Can't capture it on my phone, but the blue tube is a plasma tube. This is an old Matt McKee topper.

IMG_20190920_214234026 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_214256791 (resized).jpg
#7133 25 days ago

We were playing the other night and saw an animation we hadn't seen before. It was slimer with green steaks flying by like a Starwars animation. Looked very cool and if I hadn't seen it now I woulda sworn it was part of the new code. Two years and we hadn't seen it and I have no idea how to make it happen.

#7142 24 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Have not looked at this thread in ages. Don't have time to go through many many pages of stuff.
New code is actually coming out soon ? When ?

Yes

#7185 20 days ago

Dammit.... On back to school night?!?!

#7194 20 days ago

Got it in and had time for two games! Cool sounds added

#7279 19 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I decided to go forward with the Ghostbusters purchase! Thanks for everyone's help. I already updated the code[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I've had interest in my LE that isn't for sale I don't think I could let go now.

#7309 17 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So on color dmd now the GB with updated code will show dots on some scenes and color on others?
I’ve set color dmd to green for now. What about everybody else?

Why would ya do that? It's just a few screens needing updating and they are in grayscale for now. I'm still enjoying color dotsxl.

1 week later
#7434 8 days ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Spinner now activates the topper!!! I’m excited about that one. Wow Dwight, thank you man. Hope you got my thank you card lol

Cool! I hadn't even noticed til you pointed it out

#7471 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We just updated our game. Code went in fine. We did a dull update this time.

Nothing dull about it! *Full?

#7480 4 days ago

Noticing something I hadn't noticed before updating the code. Might have always been like this, I dunno. Has anyone noticed the large insert by the pop bumpers has about half brightness white LED lighting all the time? The flashers still get really bright, bit o don't think that insert ever goes all the way off. I'm hoping it's like that just to light up the area and not something locked on that shouldn't be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside