20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7874 4 years ago

What, somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?

I’m in the club! Just got a premium, which is awesome. I need some air all protectors for sure, so I’ll sift through the forum a bit to see what to get. Excited for this one! Can’t wait to check out what mods you guys are rolling with.

1 month later
#8038 4 years ago

Had some fun adding some mods to my GB Premium today. Simple/cheap ones for now. Started with the air ball protector from CPR9999, thanks man! Dropped an Ecto 1 on it.

Then things really got interesting, I started in on the storage facility mod. For now I rigged it up with the current 44 bulbs in them. I went for a different placement though, I’m working on keeping it over the original bracket so to not cover up Vince Clortho on the plastic. I have both lights on the left post, but this also allowed me to keep the flasher, and point it toward the partially open door, as it also allowed me to keep the hinge. The down side is I currently have an exposed back as I need the flatter type of LEDs for better clearance, or maybe flex bulbs. I also might take the half that was cut off of the containment unit and flip it upside down and attach it to the back to cover everything up.

For now, it works. Need to add some spotlights. Pics below!

9AB2FFA1-6003-4AEE-8FF3-21E5B6B3EC3A (resized).jpeg9AB2FFA1-6003-4AEE-8FF3-21E5B6B3EC3A (resized).jpegD87E0484-0F89-4984-BA1E-A580FD25AA03 (resized).jpegD87E0484-0F89-4984-BA1E-A580FD25AA03 (resized).jpegAD877C30-B139-4BFF-8FCA-11432E854693 (resized).jpegAD877C30-B139-4BFF-8FCA-11432E854693 (resized).jpeg03C14103-BB16-435D-B3FD-3F0CFF4A648D (resized).jpeg03C14103-BB16-435D-B3FD-3F0CFF4A648D (resized).jpeg
#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Where on earth did you find that Storage faculty mod! I must have it for my premium! Can you please provide a link?

Haha, that’s exactly what happened to me. I saw it, and had to have it! It’s a Mattel toy I got off of eBay that you have to chop up, which was nerve racking but kept at it. Look up Ghostbusters Walter Peck. Make sure you get the one with the containment unit because they also sell his action figure alone. I am still going to clean up behind it a bit, as I moved lights around using all the original stuff from the stock containment unit. Other people got some thinner lights, which I think is a good move. I might get flexible ones or something, but for now, works.

E4C7F64D-D9DE-4091-9801-05324A91B454 (resized).pngE4C7F64D-D9DE-4091-9801-05324A91B454 (resized).png
#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like the fact that the toy one has the wall, too. Gives some sense of scale to the device.

Yeah, it was definitely the one for me when I saw it. I just placed it back where the original one was rather than pull it up to the Van Horne spot. Next, I think I’ll go for the fire station GB building plastics.

4 weeks later
#8164 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'll be joining the club soon and excited to be snagging a nice GB Premium later this coming week via a trade. It's already coming with a colorDMD, PDI glass, the left ramp airball plastic, and the plastics for above the outlanes to help prevent ball jump drains over the lanes. I've been doing a bunch of research on other popular mods and had a few questions for the group and would appreciate some opinions:
1) Which is the best mirror mod so you can better see the PKE lanes? I've noticed they laserriific and mezelmods both make one.
2) Can anyone share a pic of the Walter Peck containment mod installed?
3) Has anyone bought one of those ecto 1 Playmobil toys or something like it to make a topper? Would love pics and recommendations on which one to buy
4) Any other must have mods?
5) Thoughts on the custom audio?
Thanks!

I set my containment unit back where the original unit was. I still need to get the terror dog, was thinking about getting the play mobile one, though I saw a good one a Pinside makes on here that is nice and not too expensive as well. The ecto-1 I went with is a Johnny Lightening, no lights but I’m good with that. Saving up for the Ghostbusters fire station mod.

31E8D10B-54F1-4049-9456-5B08C962644E (resized).jpeg31E8D10B-54F1-4049-9456-5B08C962644E (resized).jpeg7F727ED0-8A54-4972-A1E9-AE74E4A3FBEA (resized).jpeg7F727ED0-8A54-4972-A1E9-AE74E4A3FBEA (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#8865 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Just finished up the Containment Unit mod... not sure who was the first one who came up with the idea, but thank you! Much better looking than the original plastic.
[quoted image]

Absolutely! This mod is phenomenal. Kept the lamps on it as I’ve seen others to with the lights right behind them.

C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpegC3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For you folks having trouble with your right ramp shot,You have to reduce the height of the standoff that holds it up!!Get a shorter one,I used one that is 1/8th shorter, and bingo, right ramp makeable!!! Try it!!!

Which stand off, can you get a pic? Mine was tough when I first got it, but seems like it softened up and is pretty makeable now.

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Remove the Phillips screw near Rick Moranis' head. Under it is a hex spacer. Order a shorter one from Marco.
[quoted image]

Ah, cool, thanks for the pic! I’ll check it out!

#8991 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Got a bunch of Ghostbusters miniatures to add to my pin for fun. Etsy is like a goldmine for this stuff. Added the Tobins spirit guide next to its shot clustered with mini Ghostbusters VHS tapes and the movie vinyl. Then added the Vigo painting near Stay Puft.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha, Vigo painting, that’s awesome!

1 month later
#9111 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

New guy to this thread. I have an AIQ Pro and High Speed I’m looking to add to my collection and considering a Ghostbusters. I love the theme and have heard great things about the pin. I’m between a LOTR, Ghostbusters or Pirates of the Caribbean. I have 10 year old twins who love AIQ so I’m looking for something that would be fun yet challenging and deep with a good storyline. AIQ is deep and hard/fast but it’s a little stale as far as the story goes. I love AIQ’s gameplay and flow (it’s brilliant) but I love the idea of working my way through a storyline like in one of these movies. Any recommendations?!? Thanks in advance.

Agree with the post above, my kids are younger and have trouble controlling the ball to feel like they’re playing well. We just got a GOTG and they are having a blast on it, probably much like yours are taking to the AIQ. They haven’t been back to GB since. I also have a project LOTR I got a couple of months ago, and they have been able to play it here and there, it seems a lot more accessible to them vs GB. Again, longer ball times and feel like they’re getting more accomplished. (They’re 5 & 8.)

That said, I absolutely love GB because it is harder. Requires me to up my game and control the ball better to progress!

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

GB is awesome. There are a lot of risk / reward decisions. Getting deep into it makes me feel like I really had a fantastic game and makes me love it even more. But it's also the game I dream about throwing out a window most often!!

Totally agree, 100%! Haha

4 months later
#9390 2 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

just added "pinballking"s fire station mod.......looks great
[quoted image][quoted image]

Was definitely a must have mod for me too! That and I made the diy containment unit mod. They look great in the game.

I also have my Ecto 1 in the same spot in front of the fire station, but slimmer keeps hitting it. It’s on with Velcro so twists up over time. I need to make it more permanent. Ha!

#9392 2 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I drilled and tapped a hole in the bottom of ecto and drilled a hole in the clear plastic and bolted mine in place with a 1/4" flat head bolt.........it is'nt going anywhere

Hmm, very well played. You’re right, time to make the mod permanent!

#9399 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Hi people. I just sold my GB and wanted to thank all you fine people for your advice and tips over the years. If any of you are in the Corolla/outer banks area my house is always open to Pinsiders. Thanks again!
Bill T.

Oh man, and I’m headed to Avon end of August!

#9402 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Iam very happy with my pro as well
A few of my good friends had LE and sold and bought a pro for the better flo!

Interesting … I have the Premium, but do I need to consider moving down to the PRO?

#9406 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Normally i'm a premium guy but went for a PRO also not long ago, because i truly believe it's the better choice.
It has more flow and less randomness by not having the magnetic slings.
Of course i changed some parts, for example the library and put some rails under the playfield for stressless service.
Don't know what the hell Stern was thinking about to save damn 65 bucks !!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"53f76404b95c0b64340bf4847d13f0bd8e4567e4-1627517877-1800"};
//]]>

Quoted from orlandu81:

I'll be the outlier here, I love the Premium. The magna slings and the randomness mentioned is KEY to this game to me, as ghosts are haunting it, right? The LCD screen with the projected ghost hologram that explodes is super cool, and everyone who plays mine raves about the moving slimer target.
I love the randomness in the Premium, and wouldn't trade the premium features out, they are too important to me.
Nothing against a Pro model! The key to this game is the theme overall, and you get that with all of the models.

Yes, I actually love the manga slings! Makes the pin haunted, but I haven’t had it throw the ball STDM like many have said. Maybe my ghosts are kind ones? Haha

#9451 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Baffle kit is done. Makes a huge difference. Also made a funnel baffle for the large flash insert in the middle of the pops but did not take a picture.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome, a lot of games need these!

2 weeks later
#9515 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

omg! Well i just found my next mod!

I dig that! Make me one too haha

#9517 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Since there is chatter about these I may as well share a snippet of my latest design / build project.
I have been wanting to make these for a very long time so here is a teaser (admittedly a little early than hoped) - currently in design, proto-typing, testing phases. But while there is talk about it I may as well share my design progress and get some feedback similar to what I did with the Snackbar Mod for the CFTBL.
It will look much cooler and realistic but for now I am up to v3 in design. Everyone always complains about the outlane drains - well soon there will be a mod - possibly the first extra feature full 2 x mechanical mechs that alter the the ball path and game play. You the player can trigger the proto guns and their streams to close up the outer lanes for an effective ball save. Think of it as like a Magna Ball Save for both out lanes and you can chose to turn off for a comp so they can't be used, or on to activate when you want to stop a ball going down the outlane or your kids can activate so always on.

Well that just sounds awesome, sign me up! Super cool idea!

#9524 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Dont get me wrong but proton streams are cool but them running around buildings does not see very proton streamy to me, Feels like it wants to be Tron. The ones that encapsulate the ghosts make more sense to me.

I like it, the streams in the movie were so crazy and unpredictable on the way to the target that wires twisting through the game seems right. I think that’s why I like the one wrapped around the slings a lot, looks like it captured the ghosts!

1 week later
#9591 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Got my switch issue corrected by installing the latest code.
I used to have a Pro, and am enjoying the upgrade to the premium, but the air balls are rough. Who makes the best anti-air ball protectors for the premium?
Thanks.

Did you tap up the right and left rails a bit from under the playfield already? Once I did that it pretty well stopped my air balls

#9594 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

No, I didn't. Mostly the guide lanes at the bottom by the flippers right?

Correct, to the right and left of the slingshots. I don’t get any flying over to the outlines anymore, and didn’t need the plastic over them. There was a pinside that I got the plastic for over the ramp, and that’s helped a ton for further up the playfield.

#9595 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'd like more explanation on this please. I just received my Premium last week and my slimer is bumping my airball protector causing false hits.

Interesting, I’ve got a premium and my protector hasn’t messed with slimmer at all!

1 week later
#9620 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

My mistake. Now that an excessive asking price. Yikes
My mind was on Swinks' topper since I had just watched the video. Feels like a Monday.

Swinks has a topper???

#9643 2 years ago

Got a couple of lighted flippers from ArcadeAction and trying them out on a few different games to get a feel for them. Like it a lot!

Got GB, put on a purple and then a green. (There’s no pink). I like the green though! I’m still going to swap them around to see how they look on my other games though before they have a permanent landing spot. Purple on GOTG and on TAF for example, and green on RFM.

Who wore it best?

9A74B76E-D2D0-4E46-994B-F3AE17268995 (resized).jpeg9A74B76E-D2D0-4E46-994B-F3AE17268995 (resized).jpeg352B05B9-7233-472D-AD88-FF84E3258EA9 (resized).jpeg352B05B9-7233-472D-AD88-FF84E3258EA9 (resized).jpeg6EAF966F-0739-42CE-B4BE-78A7A6957941 (resized).jpeg6EAF966F-0739-42CE-B4BE-78A7A6957941 (resized).jpegB5CAC3DD-B237-47D2-9C90-11F629A7F2A7 (resized).jpegB5CAC3DD-B237-47D2-9C90-11F629A7F2A7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9707 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Finally broke down…little do the wife and kids know they are gifting me a ColorDMD LCD at Christmas for my GB! THANK YOU SANTA!
But man, did these prices jump since they were first released for GB, or is my memory a little discombobulated…

Haha - that’s my plan too! As soon as I sell my LOTR, I’m buying 3 ColorDMDs: GB, TAF and Slugfest. Gonna be a good Christmas!

1 week later
#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Will it have a brass poll? And a star gazer?

And Janine’s desk? Haha

#9760 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Yes. Even the red alarm button.

Well that’s just awesome!

#9761 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Nice Mod. See, I knew there was a reason why I kept holding off on getting the original firehouse mod. Looking forward to new developments on this!

Ah dang, good point, I had to have it! Haha

#9782 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Proton Guns are charged and ready
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing!

#9807 2 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Does any one have the lighted flippers and if so how do you like them

I tried the green and the purple. I like the purple better I think. Now there’s pink ones. But I do like them, play the same for sure. Takes some doing to thread the wires but not too difficult. They use the matrix connections, so I might get a dimmer, though I will say they are not overly bright - especially the purples. But again, I do like them. I put the green in my RFM, and it looks great next to the saucers!

1D3CCF38-F075-4407-BF9A-84DB8C68828F (resized).jpeg1D3CCF38-F075-4407-BF9A-84DB8C68828F (resized).jpeg896D5D47-F9E9-4342-8C81-688B8F4AE66E (resized).jpeg896D5D47-F9E9-4342-8C81-688B8F4AE66E (resized).jpegB4B90576-B099-441F-BAD5-3BA2DD2DD404 (resized).jpegB4B90576-B099-441F-BAD5-3BA2DD2DD404 (resized).jpeg
#9811 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where do you get these?

Message ArcadeAction

He is opening up a shop to sell them, not sure if it’s up yet.

2 weeks later
#9883 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

This picture is still with a prototype fire hall, but it shows the signage and stone accents. This also shows the bad quality draft print for my central city layout. I reduced the number of buildings and made them larger so i can light them up like my Tron city mod. the buildings will possibly be different tones and all have different colour roofs and building features. Some windows will be blacked out and make it look more real.[quoted image][quoted image]

oh man, I think I might need a firehouse now! Haha

3 weeks later
#9962 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

there have been 2 version that I know of, one from Delt31 and one from Mudflaps, do not know which I am running.

I’m running Mudflaps edition, love it!

2 weeks later
#10064 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Hi guys, I've posted this in the pinbrowser threads, but for those who don't read those, I have an updated music mod for GB for those who are interested. This is for Ghostbusters Premium and LE.
In addition to the original modded code by mudflaps, I've replacing another 20 or so stock tracks with relevant movie soundtrack themes.
This mod won't be for everyone, but for those who prefer the movie themes, you now have slimer, gozer, zool, terror dogs and marshmallow man themes in the game linked to the relevant modes, among others. I've also replaced the soundtrack ghostbusters theme with a higher quality version, and swapped "Magic" from cross the streams mode to Storage Facility Multiball mode, as to me that's more in line with the movie.
There are still a couple of stock tracks in the game that I haven't figured out yet, in terms of which mode they relate to, so I may update the code again in future.
For now, here is the link for those who are interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pro9ZMmORz9rh9NVEQwT95iMJw8uqaEF/view?usp=sharing

Interesting, I’m going to try this out!

#10087 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

I'll try to put a YouTube vid together previewing the new code in the next few days

Hi, it's a .img ready to be burned to an SD card using the pinball browser software. The program no longer supports .spk files apparently. If anyone knows how to convert the .img to an .spk, I'm happy to do that too.
The file does work, has been confirmed by other users.

Interesting - I just reflagged a SD card with the latest code, then put the mudflaps file on it again using a usb drive. Does this mean I can’t update the music the same way?

#10089 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Interesting - I just flashed an SD card with the latest code, then put the mudflaps file on it again using a usb drive. Does this mean I can’t update the music the same way?

#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a picture of the GB I am most likely going to buy. The only mod on here I can research is the lighted Twinkie for $79.00 ! I am mostly clueless.
Are these mods the desirable mods? What mods make everybody's antenna quiver?
[quoted image]
I see the mods available for this pin and realize I can buy the pin for $11K and spend another $2K on just mods. This pin is a mod maker's wet dream.
Stern made 500 LE's.
Anybody have production numbers on the Premium and Pro?

In this picture there’s also a ecto 1 mod in it, might even have lights. I see the firehouse building mod on the left. There’s some kind of a ghost trap mod on the left sling. There’s slime on the spotlights and on slimmer. PKE mod in The back.

1 week later
#10176 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Wow that is pretty sick. I too am curious.

Ordered. He put the link in his post. $10

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

$10? Are you talking about the same thing?

Ha - not talking about the screw driver huh? Hahaha

1 week later
#10225 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I knew someone made it, just could not remember. Old age kicking in.

Wait, so if I get a Color DMD I will need one of these? Or just if I have a topper?

#10242 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Here's a demo of the music mod I've made for GB, adapting mudflap's original mod. This version adds a number of movie/soundtrack themes to the code.</blockquot

Thanks! Downloading now.

interested to hear what you think about it!

#10245 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I will be selling my Mezel Mods Firehouse since I have upgraded. It is brand new used, only 2 months old. If you don't have Cliffy's protector's all the way around, invest in all of them. Airball deflectors are a must, Center rebound is a must, unless you like a tough playing game. One of my personal favorites are PinMonks Light Filter brackets. Lighted scoop from mezel is cool. I added slime around the subway ramp, a cool Welcome to NewYork Slime sign. Ecto1 with flashing lights. Lighted flippers. Lots of things can be added to this awesome game. The pics are of my game.

Agree, hey airball protectors on the ramp side as well as a protector for the Ecto Goggles mini LCD - learned that the hard way.

Rather than go center post, I went with carrot flippers.

Major DIY mod, but the containment unit is a must in my book.

681B81CD-5325-4888-B1E8-56EC4048068C (resized).jpeg681B81CD-5325-4888-B1E8-56EC4048068C (resized).jpeg
#10250 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to a LCD Color DMD. After the air ball protector for the left ramp, a CDMD should be considered the #2 mod for this game. Such a huge difference, such an upgrade. I feel like I’ve been missing so much of the animations with the monochrome red. My one major gripe with this game was the DMD, the last of its kind. It’s like a new game again!

Agree - Color DMD will be my next purchase

#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree on Pinmonks filters - nice option!
Of course cliffys imho are a must.

What is a light filter bracket? I need to look this up!

#10255 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The brackets are nice quite an expensive upgrade. I just used colored filters underneat and taped them to the playfield. Looks very good! I do this with all my machines where I want some color in the inserts. ColorDMD is a must, as is a solution for the flippers, can be a middle post or longer flippers. I used longer flippers and love my machine since. Super strong shots and great to play.

Yeah, although cool, those looked super pricey! Where do you get your filters?

#10257 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

This pinsider also makes filters, can reach out to him as well, see what he charges. Does really cool mods as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wolffcubs-ghostbusters-firehouse-city-library-trap-pke-mods

Nice! I’ve got my firehouse paid for and waiting for it to arrive! I didn’t know he did filters too, I’ll reach out!

#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Thanks everyone! Lots of Awesome suggestions. I'm going to experiment with some homemade filters and see if I can do the home remedy version lol. I will report back. I also forgot that I had the ecto-1 and 1A hot wheels diecast set I purchased years ago at a Comic-Con. Anyone stick these on their machine and if so where? Would you use one or both?
[quoted image]

I put mine on the airball protector plastic right in front of the fire station.

2 weeks later
#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Ok I'm sure this has been debated but im throwing it out there again,
The Center Post mod
So many games are designed with it and no one complains about those but adding it to this game (which is absolutely brutal AS IS, and the flipper gap doesnt help) is looked at as cheating and if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.
To me on a Pro it should be left out but Premiums and LEs it really shouldve been part of the design.
Where are we on the center post? I love it on my premium, because it saves me 1 out of 25 times

The magma slings haven’t been a problem for me honestly. Plus, I’m in the “do what you want, it’s your game” camp, and for my Prem I went the carrot flipper round last month (owned it for a couple of years) instead of the center post. For me it’s when it comes out of the pops by Gozer and heads SDTM. So the carrot flippers help out enough to where I at least feel I have a shot at saving it. I also don’t feel it messed with shot trajectory as some have said. So I’m happy and sticking with the carrot flippers.

I will also say that even without them, I enjoyed the game. I love the battle and learned a ton more ball control with GB. I still feel I’m battling it even with the carrot flippers compared to some other games, but now I can consistently get further in the story line progress where before the battles could end up feeling empty and like I went nowhere.

White carrot flippers with red titans also looks great in the game

#10358 2 years ago

I’ve got mods on my Vette to make it more enjoyable to drive. As a kid me and my bro would put the cheat code into contra and TMNT to make playing that game more enjoyable. And now I have the carrot flippers on my GB … any correlation?

1 week later
#10425 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Oh boy oh boy
Todays the day !!
New Firehouse Mod and finally wiring up my Ecto one while in there
[quoted image]

Nice! Are you working from a tutorial on that Ecto 1? I’d love to do that mod!

1 week later
#10521 2 years ago

Okay more on the Ecto-1 light up mod
See video below

I didn’t realize there was a power cord to these ornaments. (Hallmark right?) I was wondering if it could be tapped into an insert bulb for power for it to draw power. So are the matrix wires tied to the on/off switch? Did you have to pry apart the ornament to do it?

…. Answering myself on this one … I needed to scroll up further … ‍♂️

1 week later
#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Survey time!!!
On a pro (or even premium) where does your ball kick out to from the left scoop?
Left flipper
Middle of right flipper
Tip of the right flipper
Where do you think it is designed to kick out to? I am guessing right flipper but it has been suggested that maybe it is designed to kick out to the left flipper.
Mine was kicking to the tip of the right (almost drain) so I adjusted the scoop roof a bit and now kicking out to a bit back further on the right flipper. I tried adjusting coil strength in the menu but didn't seem to change anything.

When I got it, my game kicked barely to the right flipper. I increased the strength, it then most of the time it got to the right flipper but there was still a chance it was done for. So I lowered the lockout strength and have it kicking to the left flipper now. It’s easier to control on that side too.

#10602 2 years ago

I finally got to mod install day after my basement flooded end of last year! Installed the Swinks Proton Guns, the Wolffcub Firehouse mod, a new Ecto goggle LCD screen and protector (should have protected it the first time). I also moved the Ecto 1 to the right side. The top got bashed off by a ball, and slimmer hits against it anyway on the left side in-front of the firehouse. The left side looks so empty now though … I need to think this one over.

Also, I need to order a Color DMD.

F518F805-C025-4A99-9DCD-4A6103D77936 (resized).jpegF518F805-C025-4A99-9DCD-4A6103D77936 (resized).jpeg
#10611 2 years ago

Played a round in honor of Ivan Reitman
RIP
[quoted image]

Those streams look awesome!

#10616 2 years ago

Hey guys, I’m starting to get a lot of air balls for some reason. I have the protector over the 2x, 3x targets. I think they might be coming off of the Ghost target. Anyone else have that problem? Is there a different fix for that?

#10619 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

My air balls were happening during two different instances. 1) Off of the 2x and 3x targets - this was solved by swinks brackets. 2) Off of the ramp - this was solved with the ugly plastic air ball protector.
I very rarely have seen an air ball after those changes.

I’ll have to watch the 2x, 3x targets I guess. I thought the ramp bracket also eliminated those air balls for me, but maybe not!

What are these Swinks brackets you speak of?

3 weeks later
#10736 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I made some 3d coin reject buttons for my GB. Far from perfect, but I really like the look.

Like it

1 month later
#10843 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:Made my first LED mod today. 3d printed a terror dog, painted him, shoved an LED in there, tapped into GI. Debating whether to put another one somewhere else in there...
[quoted image]

That looks super good!

4 months later
#11027 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

On the brightness of the Led colordmd. I use a polarizing filter for all these displays to limit glare. And this also reduces the brightness and gets you awesome black levels. For me the way to go. The lcd always seems grey and washed out to me.

Where do you get a polarizing filter?

3 weeks later
#11110 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The shaker on GB is essential - I can't imagine starting Storage Facility Multiball without it!

Totally agree - love hitting Storage Facility Multiball! Such a moment in the game!

1 month later
#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My slings rarely cause a drain. My friends GB is much more brutal.

Yeah, mine too, rarely has it made me drain. We must have friendly ghosts.

1 month later
#11273 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Finally got a Ghostbusters back in the house after years of trying. A Pro this time, had a Premium originally at release. Now for some simple mods: Containment Unit, Firehouse, Library, and some symmetrically stacked books to add something in the middle.
Had the Walter Peck figure in storage for years waiting for this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I made this one for myself - looks so good in the game. Way better than the original! I believe I have pics earlier in the thread. I’m going to look into that stack of books though, haven’t seen that one!

1 week later
#11316 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Very cool - are you selling the mod to do this b/c I would be a customer!

Second that

#11333 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks great, put me down for one when you make a list.

Me too! Ha

1 month later
#11500 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is far from a good comparison to the real thing.
Magna slings are just freaking awesome. Id buy a premium for that alone!

Agree, love the magna slings

2 weeks later
#11569 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have been holding out hope that Wolfclub would make more. Just wondering how plan B looked.

It does look great! I had that one before getting the wolfcub one. Big fan! Way better than the plain plastic.

#11589 1 year ago

Are these boards not something that can be made in the aftermarket like Rottendog does with various boards?

2 months later
#11848 9 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB needed just a little more world under glass... still needs a little refinement in the led shadowing and a PCB board but only if there is interest in the mod otherwise a rare 1 off

Looks interesting, I’m a definite maybe haha

4 months later
#12118 4 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

Ghostbusters Fire House Mod is off to the manufacturers - to test out the proto-type
[quoted image]

Whoa, that looks awesome! I’m assuming the Ecto lights are going to work with the spinner when the audio of the Ecto-1 hits? Any chance just that part will be available since I have the other firehouse mod? I don’t know if I can afford another firehouse haha

2 months later
#12254 72 days ago

Get the white ones though, and throw in red super bands. Looks very Ghostbusters like 100%

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=tictacseth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.