IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tasman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3159 6 years ago

lost one of the Scoleri Brothers drop down spring does anyone know what the part number is or where I can order one from
Thanks

#3172 6 years ago

At what angle should the play field be set at, don't trust the bubble!!

#3183 6 years ago

hope some one can help, The side of one of my Scoleri brother drop target is sticking above the play field . Half is even and half is higher,seems to be sitting crooked . Is there an adjustment (picture would help)
Thanks

#3190 6 years ago

Thanks , That did it

#3191 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There's an adjustment arm underneath the drop target under the playfield. Pop the hood and have at it.

Thanks for the reply ,all even know

#3225 6 years ago

How does this stop the drains from happening?

#3231 6 years ago

Has anyone tried these and how do the work as far as the drain goes. Not cheap and don't want to spend the money if they don't work to well
Thanks

6debd8a7a25786076125f1c2cb18d247d000635b (resized).jpg6debd8a7a25786076125f1c2cb18d247d000635b (resized).jpg

5 months later
#4171 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I know a number of us have been battling the solution to the airballs off the x2 and x3 multiplier targets including my wedges that I designed and made available on Shapeways a while back which had mixed results.
I have been tinkering away in an attempt to improve on those. My thoughts was always that we shouldn't have to design air ball protectors and wedges etc and it must be something about Stern's target design - in that it has changed.
the target design has changed, as it use to have the angle built into the bracket where now it is vertical and that it has lowered - yes gives a cleaner look but effectively drops the rivet down at the ball impact height where it is luck if the ball deflects down or up off the target rivet. Therefore I redesigned the Stern target base mount to have a 5 degree lean forward and with the mounting holes lowered a few millimetres which effectively lifts the target higher which in turn means with the target sits higher and now leans forward 5 degrees. Now the ball hits the lower side of the rivet of the target and since there is a lean forward the target deflects now to roughly the vertical position together keeping the ball down on to the playfield.
I have been playing for about 20 games and really focusing on smashing the multiplier targets as hard as I can, with the overall results being:
- x 3 multiplier - very successful and very very happy - no airballs in 90-100 hits
- x 2 multiplier - successful and very happy - did not have any airballs on direct hits but still had a couple of very small hop airballs - but nothing huge like it use to. So not 100% successful but alot better than standard and the wedges so a 95% improvement. I believe the angle that the x2 multiplier sits contributes to hard to the side hits that do a unusual airball deflect.
if you want to give these a try head to Shapeways on the link below and pick a metal print that suits your taste and give them a play. There is no tapping or drilling to do just bolt in using the same bolts and footprint. I can't control the price as that is deemed by there pricing, sorry. Shapeways will have a free shipping deal for anywhere in the world for Cyber Monday.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest
the design

new and Stern bracket side by side

new and Stern top view of slot differences

the bracket locations - new bracket is the same thickness so fits in the same mounting locations

original impact height

3x target upgrade installed comparison to the 2x

2x & 3x bracket installed and you can see the raised impact height difference now

Has anyone else tried these? If so how did they work for you

1 month later
#4343 6 years ago

So I got my capacitor kit for service bulletin #190 and only got one capacitor.Per the instruction I should have gotten two, one for core node 8 and one for node 9 or did i miss something where I only need one.

1 week later
#4421 6 years ago

what do you use to tighten the two screws 237-5937-02 SCREW, 2-56 X 1/2" HWH MS for the library scoop switch? looks like a pretty small socket.
Thanks

#4430 6 years ago

when I first got my pro you would get an extra ball after catching 30 ghosts and now it's up to extra ball at 42 ghosts, is this normal that it keeps going higher? Would like it to go back to 30!!

#4436 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This is apparently normal and confused me too in the beginning. Mine was up to 59 at one point. I have it set to 50 now which is one of the settings.

where in the setting , can't seem to find where to change

#4488 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you still need this?

No, I found it in settings. Thanks

2 months later
#4769 5 years ago

try here, not sure but kinda looks like it

IMG_20180415_155343582 (resized).jpgIMG_20180415_155343582 (resized).jpg

#4771 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, that’s weird. That seems to be it, but I’m not sure how this piece would screw there.
I’ll blow it off for now and will probably find it in a year when I’m cleaning the game.

it screws into the metal hex standoff

#4773 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Aah! I see it now. Yup, that’s it. Thanks for the assist!

Happy to be of help

8 months later
#5677 5 years ago

looking to replace all my rubber ring on my ghost busters pro and was wondering who sells a good kit of replacement rubbers
Thanks

#5680 5 years ago

When I hit the target that makes slimer go down I hear the sound when I hit the target but slimer does not go down any idea whats going on ?

1 week later
#5729 5 years ago

How are the g-h-o-s-t lights under slimmer supposed to work ? Mine are all on and all blink until you hit the target then they blink in sequence. they never do anything else . Thought I read somewhere that later in the game less letters will be spotted for the player. This never happens on my machine . So not sure I read it wrong or if my machine is not working properly

8 months later
#7195 4 years ago

just did the update and now it says to put in coins to play , can't find in the menu where to change this . does someone know where to find this in the menu

Thanks

#7198 4 years ago

Perfect , Thank you so much.

#7351 4 years ago

Played 6 games on my Pro tonight everything working OK , on the 7th game Noticed that hitting the ghost target would not drop slimmer. I did a switch test and the ghost switch was working fine. Raised the play field and checked for loose or broken wires none found and everything else looked OK. Played another game and hit ghost target and slimmer worked again. Any idea what my have caused this?
Thanks

Played a couple of game this morning , same thing happened. Messed around under the play field and played a game and slimmer worked again.

5 months later
#8030 4 years ago

How do I get a set of these

1 month later
#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thank you. That would make sense. Do you change the battery with the power off or on? I’d rather not lose my settings...if that’s even a possibility with Spike 1 games.

You change the battery with the power on . That will keep your settings.

1 month later
#8387 3 years ago

How do I change the 2 1/2 in. rubber that goes under and around the slimmer arm mechanism
Thanks

#8391 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was able to just stretch it over everything to get it down there

Did you have to take the ramp off ?

4 months later
#8852 3 years ago

They are called DRAIN BUSTER and I believe sold by pinside TaylorVA . you can do a search and my be able to find them

2 months later
#9015 3 years ago

I need to replace my rubbers and was wondering what are the best rubber to get and where to buy?

1 month later
#9146 3 years ago

Just replaced my rubbers a month ago and one already broke and a lot of them are cracking real bad also. I replaced them with the standard black ones. So what the best rubber to use and where to get them so this won't happen so fast again
Thanks

IMG_20210312_152715826 (resized).jpgIMG_20210312_152715826 (resized).jpg
#9150 3 years ago

GOT THEM FROM pinball life

#9163 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I would definitely send that picture to pinballlife. That is ridiculous if you just bought those. Now if you bought them and threw them on the dash of your car for a year.....than yeah that’s normal LOL

Sent them a picture and we will se what they have to say. Just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else

2 months later
#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Does anyone have recommendations for adjusting the left orbit so that it doesn't come as close to center draining when the ball is exiting it? I tried to adjust the lower edge to move it inward towards the library scoop but that doesnt seem to be solving the problem. Sometimes when the ball is coming quickly out through the left orbit exit it doesn't stay on the orbit wall all the way through and center drains. Anyone else have this issue? I feel like the entire orbit needs to be adjusted more towards the back if that makes sense?

Take a pliers and bend the scoop toward the center of the playfield (not to much, just a little). worked for me

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Does anyone have recommendations for adjusting the left orbit so that it doesn't come as close to center draining when the ball is exiting it? I tried to adjust the lower edge to move it inward towards the library scoop but that doesnt seem to be solving the problem. Sometimes when the ball is coming quickly out through the left orbit exit it doesn't stay on the orbit wall all the way through and center drains. Anyone else have this issue? I feel like the entire orbit needs to be adjusted more towards the back if that makes sense?

Take a pliers and bend the scoop towards the center of the playfield .(not to much, just a little) worked for me

2 months later
#9476 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I bought these and they look great, scroll down to the GB ones.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

How are these mounted
Thanks

1 month later
#9790 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Love these lighted flippers
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where can these be purchased and what was the cost

#9802 2 years ago

Does any one have the lighted flippers and if so how do you like them

1 month later
#9935 2 years ago

My rubbers need to be replaced and was wondering What are the best rubbers and who sells them
Thanks

3 months later
#10706 2 years ago

What are the best replacement pin balls to use in my pro
Thanks

#10729 2 years ago

My pro does not keep time , I set it and turn the machine off and when I turn it back on goes back to 2015 (new battery) . can some one take a picture of the battery orientation
Thanks

#10731 2 years ago

So the + SIDE GOES TO THE LEFT SIDE

#10733 2 years ago

Thank you so much

#10770 2 years ago

Why are my black rubber breaking so soon? replaced some rubbers about three month ago and four have already broken. machine get played about 25 games a month. Sometimes it wont be played for a couple of week and I will go to play and some rubbers will be laying there broken. Yes I have the correct rubbers in place .

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am not having any problems with rubbers breaking and I am playing every day. Possibly you got some defective rubbers on your last buy ?
Is it the same rubbers that are breaking or is it random? And the four that you replaced are now broken, too? Or is it a different four?

It's random so I have ordered a new batch and will keep track on how long they last and will try deferent vendors .

Thanks for your reply

10 months later
#11444 1 year ago

Why do my black rubbers keep breaking and crack after a month or two? Not played a lot in the month. I replace some in the beginning of Dec. and now the end of Jan. and some have broken and some are cracked. This keeps happening and have tried pinball life and Marco, any ideas

#11446 1 year ago

Yes I do but it is in a different side of the basement

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tasman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=tasman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.