Topic Stats

• 6,967 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Meegis
  • Topic is favorited by 218 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,267 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD762384-4ED9-4BF4-8154-D813966AA431 (resized).jpeg
F75E83FD-E50A-494C-8551-53ECBACA0EB4 (resized).png
95DC7B8B-921A-464F-A0C3-0C36C80B9C1C (resized).png
75757456-A4F3-4931-82CA-6316E520E4CE (resized).jpeg
Containment Unit a (resized).png
Containment Unit b (resized).png
39e1d205205e5ed4aa05a786c8e57b6f57cdab5b (resized).jpg
GB Cards.pdf (PDF preview)
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3205B644-C992-4CE4-9103-8F258B68E9BD (resized).jpeg
252585E2-7DC9-43F1-8782-75E6C381B6D4 (resized).jpeg
89BB0F91-1396-4C3D-B07C-2E17A7426069 (resized).jpeg
0072E1FC-C60A-4545-BFA5-3ADE2FBA85A4 (resized).jpeg
9944FC4A-A28F-48B2-8630-4B6DD12BB680 (resized).jpeg
0159974E-1A7F-4695-9D6A-3FC146BC360B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5333 11 months ago

Joining the club in a couple weeks. Pro on the way. Already ordered glow in the dark titan rubbers, airball protector, and a bunch of other stuff to put on when it arrives. Will post pics after set up. Can't wait

1 month later
#5528 10 months ago

Got my Cliffy protectors in and installed them. Got crazy air balls off the left Scoleri target after installing them. Adjusted the target height to be almost even with the Cliffy protector. When you look at it from the front, it sticks up just a little from the play field. No more air balls into the left ramp and into space. Also turned the coil power down to soft. Just thought I would share in case anybody else had these issues.

#5551 9 months ago

Yes, there is supposed to be 2 gate diverters on the top right. One from the pops into the right orbit, and one to guide it from the right orbit to the right flipper so it doesn't go down the middle.

#5566 9 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

It's been quite a while since I adjusted mine, but I put a few notes on top of the manual diagram on page 48:
[quoted image]

I did this to mine and now it registers every hit. Way nicer.

3 weeks later
#5645 8 months ago

That does look better.

2 weeks later
#5668 8 months ago

So, after being inspired by vireland great products for IMDN and Metallica, thought I would order up some gels from Amazon and give it a try on Ghostbusters since there is nothing out there. I color coded the "Ghosts Caught" light tree in the middle. Due to the insert being frosted, the colors are not as vibrant as the picture shows, but still better than the white I think. The PKE is yellow, picture just doesn't show it very well. Chose a light purple for Mass Hysteria since there is no real color to go with it, and it looked good. Was thinking of trying the mode inserts, but my brain just couldn't figure out what colors to use. Go with a certain color scale per mode tree? I'll have to have another Stout and figure it out

Colored Ghosts Caught-Portrait (resized).jpg
#5670 8 months ago

Yeah, the transition is what I was thinking for the mode trees. Wanted to color match the middle tree to what it went for. Like I said, the colors are more muted due to the inserts being frosted, so it doesn't quite jump out like the pictures show. Was worried at first, but like it as I know what is qualified easily by the color.

#5673 8 months ago

I cut a piece of pteg that I had 2"x 11 1/2", marked where the inserts were and cut them out, hot glued the gels on, and screwed it with the LED board screws. I also used a couple nylon washers I had to keep the LED board off the insert. Wasn't the prettiest bracket since I don't have a 3d printer, but it worked. Kinda hard to take a picture unless I take the LED board off.

#5675 8 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All you really need to do is put the gel in between the bulb and insert. Same effect with much less work.

Yeah, I know. Didn't want to duct tape them on and have a chance of them coming loose. Cleaner this way, and if I want to take it off, I just unscrew it.

#5678 8 months ago

I got mine from Titan. Got their glow in the dark ones. Looks awesome on gb

1 month later
#5831 6 months ago

I have mine turned off unless I have people over, then I turn it back on. Funny as all get out when the machine dies, they look like "What happened", then it screams at them and scares the crap out of them. I'm sick that way.

2 weeks later
#5893 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Need some airball advice...
Have airball protector for left ramps, swapped out the targets for the upgraded from swinks and am still gettin some occasional crazy fliers.
Finally determined they are somehow coming off the cliffys that are installed on the scoleri targets. Ball hits them just the right way and actually flys up over the airball protector. Sometimes it still lands on ramp and other times bounces off and into the pops.
Anyone else experience this?
Trying to decide if I really need the cliffys on the scoleris and if Mylar would do the job instead.

I had that issue with mine and I adjusted the drop targets height to be between the play field and cliffy's. No more airballs.

#5900 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So was it the cliffy or the target creating the airball?
My target is flush with pf but if I level with the cliffy it will stick up more.

It was the cliffy's creating the airballs when the target was flush with the playfield. Had to raise the target a little so it was a more gradual rise and not as big a bump.

#5903 5 months ago

I raised my target to not be flush with either the playfield or the cliffy. I made the target be in between the 2.

1 week later
#5961 5 months ago

Congratulations. I love playing GB. It will definitely make you a better player.

#5963 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some people like pro models better than premiums, or maybe they got the pro because they couldn't afford the premium. There is nothing wrong with pro models. I have a mixture of pros and premiums both and im happy with my pro's and dont regret buying them one bit. Theres no shame in having a Stern pro what so ever.

I would have to agree with this. I played both the pro and premium of GB and got the pro because I liked the way it played better.

2 months later
#6255 3 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Curious what you put on the posts in these 2 pics. First pic rubber very loose. The second pic the metal pointy post def need a smaller rubber ring[quoted image][quoted image]

They should be 7/16" OD(Stern #545-5348-17). Are you trying to put on 7/16" ID? That Would make it to big and loose.

1 week later
#6360 3 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

You two guys own Pros. I first thought Premium because of the cool extras but it doesn’t seem to be the shooter that the Pro looks like. I have only played a dozen games on the Premium. Why do you like the Pro?

I got a pro because after playing both, I just thought it shot smoother and faster. After getting it, I don't have the problems to deal with like Slimer getting caught in the cityscape over the pops and ball getting stuck in the subway. I know you can fix them, but for me, I just didn't think those with the ecto goggles justified the extra expense. Just my opinion and what I like. Everyone is different.

3 weeks later
#6438 74 days ago

They'll announce it as the next vault edition same time code drops

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside