IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my Candy Raspberry coated armor today and the color looks great on the game. But I need to find another coater cuz one part of a leg didn't turn out well and the coater said "there's nothing I can do about it, it's a flaw in the metal or something, I can redo it but I can't guarantee it will turn out better, there's no money in this kind of job for me so I don't want any more of your business". So I payed them their $300 for my parts and got the fuck out. Any one local DO NOT go to Twin City Powder Coating.

Great job on the color choice! That games just looks incredible with Rasberry. Good to know on Twin City Powder Coating

1 month later
#1489 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Here is a series of photo's I took today. Showing the inserts and all the markings I could find that might indicate the manufacturer. This is with right at 370 games played.

Your play field and inserts are looking good! Mine just arrived and it appears my play field was dated within a few days of yours. I think that's a good thing based on your experience.

#1490 7 years ago

Can the flipper strength be addressed in a later software update, or is that a hardware only issue. I knew there would be some air balls, but not this many. I've don't what I can to address, hopefully cutting air ball deflector plastics over the weekend.

Also, so many GB threads, which one is best for set up/strategy?

Thanks

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Really wouldn't mind a GB set up thread curious how everyone is playing, stock, bigger flippers center post etc

Bigger flippers? I don't know that I'm at that point, but in case I get there. Where do you get those/what size. I'd rather have bigger flippers than the center post kit if i had to choose

#1499 7 years ago

Last night, everything went dark and I thought broke something on the new game, then it happened. Midnight Madness caught me by surprise. Way cool! Also after playing for a bit, in lanes on narrow, I'm realizing there is probably no need for the center post kit. Sure, it can be tough and ball times are over before you're even warmed up on occasion, but when you get a good game, boy is it a blast.

I don't quite understand all the rules(still learning), but hit the mode where the flippers reversed in multi ball and flipped my hands around to keep it going. This games got so much going on at all times, should keep my occupied for some time.

IMG_0238 (resized).JPGIMG_0238 (resized).JPG

#1503 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I may be in the minority but I really don't notice too many air balls and the gap is not that bad. I see people trying to MacGyver their machines with putting a bunch of plastics all over but I think it plays good from factory. I cant imagine not having enough power to clear the ramp consistently, that would be more frustrating to me than the occasional air-ball.

That's interesting that you did not have airballs. Is yours a premium/Le or a Pro? Honestly if anyone's played like mine(premium/LE) out of the box I'd recommend not playing it until you have the plastic deflector installed. I was air balling very frequently, but only off the left ramp targets. I don't mean a few inches, I mean into the subway, over the wireform ramp that goes across the playfield down to the bottom of playfield, into the wood and plastics on the opposite side of the cabinet. I put the vengence plastic in, but because it was not bolted down on one side air balls still happened regularly. Since cutting a plastic I'm really enjoying the game worry free at this point. Still have the coils set on soft and I can still backhand the ball onto the left ramp with table set at 7 degrees. At first, watching all the airballs made me think the flippers are just way overpowered, now that the issue has been corrected I don't see it that way anymore. Probably bring my machine back to 6.5 degrees. That's just my experience with the machine.

#1518 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

That center post is for pu__ys! Shake that $h!t n grind it out!
Why don't u just set it to 5 balls....cause it cheating?

That's a bit harsh, some people don't want shake their games. The only option available then is the longer carrot flippers or the center post kit. I've had someone once tell me "It's my sandbox and I'll play how I want too". I think that applies here

#1522 7 years ago

The magna slings really put this one over the top in my opinion. I've got a couple more adjustments to make now that I've got some time on the game. The lower right scoops sometimes hits the flipper too hard and bounces to left out lane, and the lower right swoop ramp PKE shot sometimes bounce over to left out lane after eject. Both easy adjustments, just really have to watch hitting the ghost stand up shot and watch the exit left of pops.

The PKE shot is extremely satisfying as well as the left ramp, then watch the ball go down the subway.

2 weeks later
#1551 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Who here has le's? If so what numbers and how is the ghosting?

My original play field date sticker was removed at the factory and a handwritten 7-21 is in it's place, so I'm not sure if that means its a 7-21 built play field or if that's when it was just re-inspected. 100 + games and all is good so far, but I've had a plastic protector and cliffy's on from day one so I'm not sure If I'm prolonging any issues from appearing or if it's just not having it at this point. That said there is another person on one of these GB threads that has a July 21st play field date as well and is having all of the play field issues. Still not sure if a handwritten 7-21 on play fields means born on or reinspect.

Does anyone know what the handwritten date on side of play field is? Since there was a sticker there and it appears it was removed, I'm thinking it's a re inspection date??

#1569 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Right ramp is harder, definitely. It doesn't have the energy to complete unless it's a perfect shot. Scoop I've found to be no issue.

I brought my flippers up initially as well due to airballs. While the shots could be made, I just isn't as fun as when they are in the factory position after trying both ways out a bunch of times. The lower PKE stand up shots are near impossible to do consistently when raised. Ended up doing longer flippers and lowering back to factory specs, but in the end still getting center post kit. Highly recommend airball plastic.

1 week later
#1683 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's a decent question, it's an old school design that he first used when he was designing games on Gottlieb Sysem80b. However, the games back then did not have super slick playfields with super strong flippers like a new Stern. Even back then some balls hopped around, but it's kind of silly to think that nobody during the test and play phase of Ghostbusters said "hey, this ball is frog leaping these new metal guide lines, let's fix this" ...
It happened, for whatever reason they ignored it until people made a big deal about it.

I'm a big fan of Stern's pins and I'm losing a little faith in the company. It's understandable to have to make some corrections after the fact, but after so many months of production not making the air ball plastic standard on the pin and at least correcting those metal lane guides is disappointing to say the least.

I really get the sense everyone over there is pushed to the limits and it's starting to show in how they are handling things.

#1689 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

After a bunch of 40-150m games all hell breaks loose and you end up with an awesome game. Got to love pinball!
The only issue I would like to address is from time to time, the ball gets stuck bouncing around the top left pop bumper and the Gozer the gozerian insert... it just bounces in a triangle pattern sometimes it takes shaking the machine to break it loose...

Nice score!!! How far up the ladders did you make it on that game on what modes ended up yielding the most for you. I'm consistent at 3-600 million, but cannot seem to crack much past that and would love some insight.

#1693 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

To be honest, I've go no clue. I got to 120 ghost, gozer the gozerian, and he slimed me... Two Storage multiballs, and the Mass Hysteria multiball. I missed the shot for 10% of score skill shot...

Two Storage multi balls, Mass Hysteria Multi ball and making to go Gozer=one hell of a game! I'm not sure if you've tried this, but flipping the hands around during Mass Hysteria is a blast!! I often try to get them reverted back right way by hitting the captive, but it seems I always end up hitting captive again and reverting back while losing balls in the process. I think I may just try to stay inverted next time and roll with it as I'm actually getting pretty good with hands flipped around. Either way, Mass Hysteria is just such an addictive mode and worth striving for. I've not made it past Gozer, but hopefully soon.

I use the storage multi ball to help me advance to Mass Hysteria and collect points of course. Gozer is worth a ton of points, I've never had multi ball going with Gozer, but that would be a great run for sure.

Glad your having fun with it

#1695 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Ha, I got to Mass Hysteria while in Storage multiball, and didn't know mass hysteria had started till i drained a couple balls... It took me a second to realize that the flippers were working, just reversed...

That same thing happened to me when I first got the game, for a brief moment I thought shit what just happened to my new game, something broke. Then again hitting Midnight Madness, game went dark and there I was again thinking the same thing. That is until the music and multi ball party started a short while later

1 year later
#4048 6 years ago

Selling my GB LE one owner. Price below the market and in very nice condition. Need to make room, temporarily moving out of state. Price is firm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.