IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2040 7 years ago

Here's the Midnight Madness changes.

Can't thank Olivier and his Pinball Browser enough.

Might have some more changes to post later. If anyone is interested in Vigo or anything else about this, feel free to PM me.

Enjoy!

#2042 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone use the browser to add the song on our own from second movie? If you did where did you put it?

That's next on my list. I want to replace the Ray Parker jr song that plays at Game Over to use On Our Own. The problem is, this clip isn't showing up in the Pinball Browser. I'm working with Olivier (the author of the Pinball Browser) to try and find it.

#2055 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Do you have a list of what sound file plays where in the game? Some are in the code multiple times.

Can't find the clip in the standard audio file list Pinball Browser brings up. It's not from a longer clip, or parts of shorter clips put together either. It's just not there. There are plenty of other clips from that song...just not what plays at Game Over.

Olivier, the author of the Pinball Browser is looking for the clip for me. It is stored somewhere non-standard. Hopefully, he'll find it soon.

#2062 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn't the game over sound clip only like 30 seconds? I was thinking it would be a good multi ball song to replace one of the generic sound clips that is a longer duration.

The problem is that most of those clips are around 30 seconds or so.....and simply loop.

For instance, on the Midnight Madness mode, the music is a 29 second loop. When I put Higher and Higher in the game, I had to create a good, 29 second, section of that song that would loop well.

#2066 7 years ago

Finally found a spot for Bobby Brown's "On Our Own".

Chose the PKE mode, as it was neutral and not scene specific.

#2075 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I had the same idea but I thought you can't just replace the game over, you would need to replace that song everywhere...If you find asolution let us know.

No, there are clips of the song all over the code. It's not one monolithic clip. The one at the end is a 12 second clip, lopped 3 times.

#2076 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's cool - what did you update? I have pinbrowser already and familiar with how it works....

The PKE music. 24.5 seconds long.

#2082 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks! Do you know what the clip at the end is called b/c I would like to try replacing it.
Can you also tell me the longer PKE clip so I can do what you did too?
Thanks!

Sort by time and listen to 12 seconds clips and 24 second clips. You'll find it real fast.

#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How long is your higher and higher clip? Could on our own potentially be placed there?

I think around 29 seconds.

You could, but Higher and Higher goes better with Midnight Madness, IMO.

1 week later
#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The main wizard mode is "We're Ready to Believe You!". I've never reached it, and to be honest, I don't even know if its coded into the game yet.

I believe the final wizard mode is "Are you a god?" I doubt it's been coded either.

#2110 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is coded. Beat all three mode trees.

That's "We're Ready to Believe You".

#2114 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So how does one get it are you a god ? Assuming it's in there for course

Zero idea.

1 week later
#2211 7 years ago

I had the volume of my last Stern game (SAM) set at 22. The equivalent is 4 on Ghostbusters.

Perhaps SPIKE is much louder?

#2240 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Sam is mono spike is stero big difference in sound

In quality, not volume.

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's no sh*t man, I can't believe how quick the leg bolts come loose on pinball machines. As far as the shaker motor goes, I turned mine down on medium on Ghostbusters because it was shaking way too hard at times. Medium actually feels right also, feels like that should be the default setting.

The shaker setting doesn't control the power of the shaker....just how often it's used.

#2264 7 years ago

Interesting.

I don't find the maximum setting to be much different from my last SAM game.

#2269 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I just got my GB pro last night and it definitely needs some tweaking. Left scoop drains down the middle. Since I have no experience 'under the hood' I was going to turn down the eject power. Which menu and item number is that - there are literally 100+ options.
I do like the idea of keeping the power and turning the scoop eject angle so it shoots to the right flipper but I am not brave enough yet to try that.
The drop targets don't always drop on the first hit. Is the easiest fix for me the replacement springs from pinball life?
Has anyone bought the center post mod from little shop of games? Does the post sit to low in the PF? I think the one from pinball life looks more desirable except it's not available right now.
My game did come with the blue lane protectors.
I only got to put a few games on it last night - mainly just testing some things.
Is little shop of games the place to get the air ball protector?
Thanks.

The Scoleri drops will "break-in" over time and get better. If not, try the spring trick mentioned above.

As far as the scoop, trying INCREASING the power and see if it makes it over to the tip of the right flipper.

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried increasing the power last night but I might have had the wrong menu option. I think it maxed out around 60. I will take a closer look at that tonight. Do you happen to know the menu item number?
Thanks.

Not off the top of my head, sorry.

It may not help...just something to try.

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I saw these in one of the pictures a few pages ago. Do they help deter outlane drains?

I can't help but think two things when I see that pic.

#1. Why did he move the post up? Glutton for punishment?

#2. That stain from where the post was over the middle hole can be cleaned up nicely with a little Novus 1.

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had some aluminum C channel so decided to make some ball guide extenders to take care of the ball guide hop. Sorry the pics are out of order but difficult to post pics in order from my phone.

You should sell those.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

#2 I don't believe that is a stain - it's a indentation because those things are screwed down so tight. (I moved mine last night and have the same thing)
Anyway, where so I get those rubber circles and what are they called?
Thanks.

I had the exact same thing when I moved my posts down. I was worried it was a clearcoat issue caused by the posts being screwed in too tight.

Nope, wiped right off with Nuvos 1.

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

will be joining this club in roughly 3 weeks give or take.
for those that have the official topper, has it's usage been improved with the code updates? the reviews I found on youtube were all 6+ months old and it seemed underwhelming, but still, looks pretty cool sitting on top of there.

I wish it was used more. Currently, it comes on during attract mode, ball save, and We Got One for a few seconds.

Personally, I think it should run for the entire We Got One mode.

It may come on for deeper modes I haven't been to yet.

All in all, I have no regrets. The game would seem empty to me without it. Hopefully it will get tweaked.

#2358 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Just about 6 months with my GB Prem and hands down GREAT pin. Yes it definitely has that one more game appeal still!
8/10 games it feels like someone kicked the shit out of you but man those 2 awesome games really makes you appreciate the effort!

19/20 for me!

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- looking at possibly getting a GB Premium. Read about how to make the game more playable, but I've only seen a couple posts about installing slightly longer flippers. Any opinion on that to compensate for the center gap?
Thanks

Flipper gap is a non-issue. When that ball drops out of the pops and heads SDTM, it would pass right through the standard gap as well.

There are issues with GB. The flipper gap isn't one of them.

#2371 7 years ago

My 4 1/2 year old plays it regularly with me. His high score is 38 million. He has finished Who Brought the Dog before.

I've seen him do post passing that makes my jaw drop.

He hasn't hit Storage Facility Multi-Ball yet, but he's been close.

#2401 7 years ago

I'm game. Anybody have a quick and easy instruction to how to adjust the flippers up?

Flippers are one thing I've never messed with on a pin....other than to change their rubber.

#2403 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I moved my flippers up also when i got mine, but moved them back cause i couldn't hit the ramps as good.

Hmmm....I wouldn't think the ramps would be the issue, but more the extreme left and right shots.

But....I haven't tried it yet!

#2420 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

You will want new pinballs, though. the ones Stern ships with the game are not very good.

That used to be true, but the ones they are shipping now are just fine.

#2430 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Not splits but I have designed some target wedges and currently testing to tilt the targets forward = huge reduction in airballs so removes the need for the air ball protectors - just need slightly longer screws for the target assemble.

Will be interested in seeing this when you're done.

#2510 7 years ago

Definitely wax. The moment after you wax is the moment your ball starts digging into a wax coat and not into the clear coat .

#2537 7 years ago

Learned my lesson today. Moved the flippers up to be less droopy and the game played terrible. Ball coming out of the Ecto lane would normally land safely on the right flipper. Now, it was bouncing off the flipper, hitting the sling, and draining. Tried the flippers a little bit lower, same thing. Went back to their stock position. and everything was fine. Lesson learned, the game was designed with the droopy flippers in mind.

#2555 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I am building a hardware fix for those reversed flippers during mass hysteria. It will automatically set the flippers to operate correctly during the programmed mass hysteria reversal.
My biggest pet peeve on the game. It'll be gone soon. I'm on it.

Then they would be operating "incorrectly", because that's how the mode is designed.

#2616 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Until we can document true node boards failures completely unrelated to adding lighting or plugging in the wrong item in the wrong socket etc, I don't feel its fair to say Stern is making a bad node boards. My node boards are all working fine since Oct 2016. I'm sure there have been some failures and from what I've seen, Stern has replaced the node boards quickly when that happened. If its a real problem, maybe we need a thread documenting node boards failures.

Agreed. Had my game since November. No node failures. My friend has had his since October, no node failures. Our local arcade has GOT, GB, and Batman '66. No node failures.

His (arcade owner) Big Lewboski, however, has had all kids of board problems.

#2652 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

So you want to justify the stern ghost busters topper? Look at previous toppers. Most copy a toy on the play field ( TWD, GOT ) but GB topper is unique in that the topper has unique code that does not copy anything on the playfield. What we need is more code supporting the GB topper. Currently it goes off when the Ecto 1 is on the DMD and that's all I've seen so far.

Agreed 100%. It complements the game in a way most of the toppers don't.

#2691 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Really? I think it looks like it was made out of Tupperware.

Really. It looks great! Love mine!

#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Ok, so I feel like a cheater...
I now have moved the outlane posts from the center holes to the bottom holes. I needed to try something to help me to have more fun playing this pin. It's turned into a real love/hate relationship! No other pin has ever made me this angry. I frequently want to punch the glass! Yet I want to keep playing it. It's addicting!
The center drains are BRUTAL, the outlane drains are almost as bad, the scoleri brothers are pure evil, and the magna-slings are possesed. Anyone out there on the fence about buying this pin should get some blood pressure meds ready cause you're going to need them!
Oh and by the way, the right post wasn't difficult to move. You just need to remove the nuts and the screws holding down the Rick Moranis plastic. And then you can just rotate that plastic and get to the post.
Junky

I have the same love/hate relationship!

I moved my posts down too, but honestly haven't noticed ANY difference.

I'm thinking about getting these.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

2 weeks later
#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What is the current code.
I'm running 1.11 on LE

#2877 6 years ago

It's not the end of the code, IMO, although we may bot see anything for a while.

#2881 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

rumors are rumors...
and facts are facts ! Dwight clearly said, to some of us, that GB is now done, simple as that

No, not that simple.

Dwight has to say that, in case the code never gets updated. They don't want to make promises they can't keep.

He may, of course, get time to work on it some more. Then it's a surprise.

#2902 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Nope. It's definitely 3 separate unique random lists.
I've done what you said about speeding up the process - after you read the list you can hit both flipper buttons to immediately get the rewards and have the ball kicked out.
This is different. Try it. As soon as the list appears, hit both flipper buttons- don't wait more than a split second. I usually try to read the first 2 items in the list and kill it if I don't see extra ball.

I agree with you. I've seen that too, but wasn't sure what triggered it.

Now I know, thanks!

#2910 6 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

hello everybody! i just begun this hobby with this pinball (premium)! just paid and cant wait to receive it!
greetings from Spain!

Congrats! It's an amazing game! It's also a bit hard, so consider it a trial by fire! When you play other pins, they will seem like they're in slow motion!

#2912 6 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

OMG, im a total noob at this! im scared! hahahha
who you gonna call!!!?

Stern!

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just got a couple games in.
For the most part, didn't seem to be able to have any impact on Tobins. However, there was one instance where I did feel like the flipper did make the list react. Will definitely have to continue to pay attention.
Got to WARTB for the 3rd time.
Still extremely disappointing. It started with out much of any intro. That was strange, I thought the other times at least the start was interesting. One of my better games though. Was able to complete the left ladder a 2nd time and get WCWS going again. Didn't really notice if scores get any kind of bump, but it didn't seem like it.
Lastly, was fishing around in the menus. There is a timer setting for Are You A God MB. Pretty shitty that it probably won't make it into the game. I was ready to let them slide for putting it on the score card, but having it in menus has reignited my sadness.

It will come eventually.....patience.

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

seen it too if course... wanted to reply to Jared directly on facebook, but...
and than, Jared, do you know more things than even Dwight ignore ?
must admit its really confusing
my GB could leave soon, but i admit that one more time i'm really asking myself to know what to do (just wait again ?)

Dwight and the others coders are forced to not promise updates after a certain release, so Stern can't be held to that promise.

Just because Dwight has said in the past it's done, doesn't mean no more code updates. It's just what he has to say.

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I'm curious to see the mylar in question as well. I checked my machine, NIB purchase of mine, and for the life of me, I can't see any mylar on the PF in the location. I'm assuming that Stern didn't include on my earlier release (Oct '16), and applied the mylar on later releases?

Correct. Mylar started in the November run.

1 week later
#3017 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

The only thing I can see before the rollover target is a long sticker with the traffic art on it, I can see the rectangular outline of the sticker itself, is this what I need to pull off? My machine is only about a month old so it sounds like it should have the mylar based on the previous posts I was reading through in this thread.

The traffic art is actually on the playfield, not the mylar, but it may look that way at first glance.

That long strip of mylar is what you need to remove.

1 week later
#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So it's used with the color dMD screen but is called sigma. And you choose it as an option on the display itself .

It's what ColorDMD calls a display they sell with no multi-color coded file yet.

Choose from 49 monochrome colors is my memory is correct.

#3107 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

You can try these... They will extend the height and fit the nut
ebay.com link
ebay.com link

Sweet. I'm going to do this in conjunction with the purple wedges.

Should be the ultimate solution.

1 week later
#3139 6 years ago

Got the purple wedges and the 1/4 inch spacers installed under the airball deflector.

Very happy with the game now. Ball glides freely under the deflector when going up the ramp.

3 weeks later
#3292 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

FINALLY BEAT THE GAME! got to 'we are ready to believe you' for the first time this morning. Been playing this game 2-10 times every day for 10 months. Its frustrating as hell but its made me a MUCH better pinball player. Final score was 3.7B which is funny because that's not even the GC score. my last game was a bit of a speed run through the modes.
As happy and relieved as I am to finally conquer this beast, I gotta say, what a dissapointing wizard mode. I dont know what I was expecting, but a copy/paste of 'we came we saw' multiball was not it. Storage Facility Multiball has more anticipation and celebration to it. Really surprised they just threw in vanilla at the end of that ride.

"Are you a god?" is the final wizard mode. Not sure if it's been coded yet.

2 weeks later
#3366 6 years ago

****Claimed! No longer available.****

Free Bookstack mod from Modfather to whomever PM's me first and pays for shipping. Sorry it's not thin, so it will have to go in a USPS small flat rate box, $7.15. USA only.

IMG_2412 (resized).JPGIMG_2412 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3390 6 years ago

Well this sucks. One of the twin boys who played Oscar has committed suicide. He suffered from mental illness.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/henry-hank-deutschendorf-dead-ghostbusters-ii-actor-dies-at-29-w489135

#3423 6 years ago

Wife got me the firehouse mod for my birthday!
However, it came bundled with two smaller mods I don't want. Two Ghostbusters 3-D flipper decals, and some plastic green slime for above the Slimer mech and the flashing scoop light.
PM me with an offer if interested.

IMG_2431 (resized).JPGIMG_2431 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: ****PENDING****

1 week later
#3479 6 years ago

If anyone is interested in attaching a sub to their Ghostbusters or other SPIKE game, I have one for sale.
I bought it and decided I didn't need it. I've never used it.
It's $35 retail, just asking $20.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51481

Added over 7 years ago: ****PENDING****

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I like GB, but I don't consider it a keeper in a smaller collection.

Funny, since it's the only game in my collection.

#3511 6 years ago

TWD is a fun game, but really doesn't have the unique features of GB, like magna slings, subway lock, and Ecto Googles.

And it's in mono with shitty voice acting.

So yeah, no comparison there.

#3513 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Not really funny. More likely I'm just a better player than you are.
I think GB is a masterpiece to look at. Not so much to play. After getting through the entire game several times and realizing WARTB is giant turd of a wizard mode, it doesn't really make me want to play it all that much anymore.

Very funny.

More likely you just like to complain.

You're in the wrong thread, troll elsewhere.

#3517 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions -- i'd like to point out though, that if I were to get a GB, it'd be a Pro, and it doesn't have any of those 3 things.

In a battle of Pro's, I'll admit it's much closer. TWD Pro seems to be not missing as much as GB Pro is.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Do you prefer TWD on the Pro side?

Hard to say......but GB Pro plays weird to me. I didn't notice too much change on TWD Pro.

1 month later
#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Confirmed with Dwight. It's random on whether it takes two or three hits and also random if one of those hits is the goggles.

The Scoleri brothers so the same thing. Sometimes they "jump" into the Ecto-Goggles.

#3747 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Instead of dicking around with that switch, why not just take 2 minutes and remove that piece of Mylar from the playfield? It's not going to hurt a thing and your shots will register 100% of the time and they will be smoother as well.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

3 months later
#4252 6 years ago

So everybody with these machines should contact Stern and get the kit for preventative measures.....not just if they are having a problem?

#4254 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes, the idea is to put the kits on to prevent your game from having trouble.

Thanks.

1 week later
#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Has anyone updated the code with movie songs/music? I was messing with pinball browser tonight and it turned out awesome.
I added ‘On Our Own’ for the high score, ‘Magic’ for Containment Multiball, and the original songs for ‘Cleaning Up the Town’ and ‘Saving the Day.’

Yes. I added Vigo to the Ecto Goggles, "Own our Own" to PKE mode, and "Higher and Higher" to Midnight Madness.

2 months later
#4751 6 years ago

For those who want to become owners of Ghostbusters and are reading this thread, I have an immaculate Premium for sale now with many Stern accessories, improvements, custom code.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62159

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.