20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6267 4 years ago

wouldnt the change from 1.13 to 1.14 indicate that its more of a bug fix update rather than major revisions or additions to the rules?

#6297 4 years ago

All is right in the world! "Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule."

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 months later
#6867 4 years ago

Is it possible to adjust the slingshot strength through software on spike 1 games?

It would be cool to sort of randomize the strength on the pro to be like a poor mans magna slings. Not quite sure how it would be in action but it sounds cool in my head.

1 week later
#7025 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

anyone know how long until the stream in hours / minutes
it's already 7:20am Thursday

8:00 am Thursday for you, my upside-down friend!

#7028 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just found the twitch page and counter states 1hr 22minutes from now

I believe his normal stream time is 6:00 PM Chicago time, but this one was listed as 5:00 PM.

#7083 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Ghost Target. Enabling this to spot mode shots seems like a cop out (or a way to add an "action button" after the fact). Having to hit that "hard" shot in a mode was the challenge! Being able to bypass the "hard" shots...probably good, but I need convincing.

What I like about this change is that you can't hit the middle target to collect the 1st or last shot of a mode, plus it is a pretty dangerous shot (unlike a true action button)

Quoted from sethi_i:

Constant multipliers. This really jumped out at me, especially when Mike was playing at the end. Left ramp to proton pack can keep you in Xplay indefinitely. But it is still GB, so indefinitely might not be that long!

I agree with you, I am also worried about constant multipliers, I was hoping for some difficulty options to dial this feature in to what works best for people. Start difficulty: hit captive ball/captive or stand ups to start, have to complete stand ups first and then do the combo shot, etc., set max PF multiplier: 2X/3X/6X/2Xor3X depending on which stand up was hit last. Or a timer setting: how long the stand ups stay lit after being hit.

Basically, I like options so that I can make a game work how I want it to play and give it the best chance of seeing it included in pinball tourneys.

#7098 4 years ago

In Mass Hysteria, the right captive ball switches between regular and reversed flippers and builds the jackpots up to 25Mil I think.

I think Im going to adjust the captive ball standup target to be less sensitive so that you have to be a bit more deliberate to hit that shot. Which will have added benefit of making the captive ball modes a bit less likely to just happen inadvertently. It would be nice to have an adjustment for number of hits needed to start those modes and maybe raise the number of shots needed once you've gone through all 4 of them.

#7102 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Now I need to get a colorDMD, this is one expensive upgrade from Stern.

I've already got one in the mail! Haha

#7129 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

lol.. uyes sorry... my thought was in canadian

How many euros though?

#7216 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Added GOD MODE adjustment

That was an awesome surprise addition! Its nice for owners, but would be nice for players to be able to select it. Pay one credit, get a one ball wizard mode.

#7217 4 years ago

Just got to Mass Hysteria, I really like the new sounds and all around better clarity on what to do/the flipper behaviour. It's actually a fun multiball now!

#7236 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

what is factory setting here? mine was on "scene continues", i dont get scenes completed when losing a ball,
but in the code reveal video they said its completed when losing a ball.

Mine defaulted to "last scene continues," I decided to change it to "scene continues" because I felt like I was skipping through the game/

#7368 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

this will be changed in the next patch, Dwights statement

He's removing the ability to select different skill shots?

#7410 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I don't have an issue with the designer.

Now that's a BOLD position to take!

2 weeks later
#7530 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why was I under the impression it is a PITA? I thought people have mentioned how hard it is to loosen the one screw and then how tight it needs to be to make the the flipper stays?

Taking flippers out is easy! The hard part is putting them back in, aligning them correctly and making sure they are tightened enough. It is a bit of a process: line em up, tighten, realize they aren't quite right, loosen, adjust, tighten, repeat?... Plus some machines are more cluttered under the playfield around the flipper mechs which can make it harder to deal with.

With that being said, it really isn't complicated, it can just take some time.

1 week later
#7596 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the colorization has actually been updated for the latest game code and not just a hardware related update from colordmd?

1 month later
#7775 4 years ago

I feel like a center post is a much better option, but it is an interesting solution, that's for sure.

I wonder how well that would actually work. Sure it makes the center drain smaller, but would it actually bounce balls back into play?

#7780 4 years ago

He should try his double post setup with some lightning flippers

#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Only GB I felt needed such whacky help in order to make this a fun pin for my wife, employees, family & friends.
This game needed it.

The man himself!

I'm pretty happy with the hanging center post myself but I'm really intrigued by your solution. If nothing else, for some reason, I really love the look of it.

How well do the posts work to bounce balls back into play? Did you drill all the way through the playfield and use a nut? or are they just screwed into the playfield?

1 month later
#7884 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

we couldn’t figure out how to start it?

When in doubt, shoot the left ramp!

4 months later
#8399 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Check the switch. Might have to bend it upward a little. Ive had this issue also.

I think the issue is that the switch closes very briefly before opening again so the game takes a guess that the ball went in but isn't certain so it fires the coil just in case.

#8403 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Right. So bending the switch upward would give it better contact.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I was just trying to provide additional information about why the game would know to kick the ball out but still not register properly.

1 week later
#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Trying out a set of carrot flippers to see what they feel like.

I'm a big fan of the center post mod. Keeps the shot geometry the same but drastically cuts down on the cheap center lane drains coming out of the pops. However, I should really order a set of carrot flippers just to try em. I do have a spare set of lightning flippers I could try!

2 weeks later
#8473 3 years ago

LCD because of the versatility of the different pixelization modes.

1 month later
#8660 3 years ago

Adjusting physical and software elements is always a part of "dialing in" a machine. But in my opinion, the mods for GB are a step further and more about "correcting" perceived shortcomings of the game.

The center post is intended to prevent "unfair" straight down the middle drains and the outlane rubber posts prevent "unfair" drains from a ball that skips off the rail between the 2 inlanes.

What is fair and unfair is subjective. But ultimately, the most important thing is that people enjoy the game. Whether in your basement or whether its on location.

In my personal opinion, a stock GB is overly unforgiving and I would prefer it to be more enjoyable for ALL skill levels.

I bought mine used and it came with the center post mod and the outlane rubber posts. For a long time I had them both removed but then I decided to try it with center post just to see and I immediately knew that I would be keeping it. Ball times remain low (especially with those crazy outlanes) but SDTM drains out of the pop bumpers are drastically reduced (but not entirely eliminated). It honestly feels like the way the game should have been from factory.

1 month later
#8827 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

the ful rez version which you can see all the details all the way down to the janky low res dots Stern used

Ahh yes, resolution so good that it isn't. haha

1 month later
#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

What are the odds we'll get a vault for the new movie coming this year?

They've gotta be pretty low. Of all the games that Stern could vault why would they choose this one in particular? It seems like the supply and demand are pretty well balanced on the used market.

#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

left button and start button for God Mode would be cool ?

dj mixer would be a nice addition too

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is one of Sterns best selling games of all time.

If so, this would mean there are alot out there to recirculate on the used market.

Do you have a source for the information that it's one of Stern's best sellers? As far as I understand, Stern doesn't release that kind of information.

1 week later
#8954 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The code update really put this pin near the top of the modern Stern list, in my book.

Not to argue with the way you view the game but I definitely see some serious flaws in the overall package of the design of the game and the rules. Especially when there is so many simple things that could have just been so much better for the overall experience.

Quoted from embryon:

I think because of jt

This definitely didnt help, it certainly took the wind out of the sails in the long run, though it seems like it sold well so maybe it really didnt need to.

#8956 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Like I said, that’s just how I feel about it. I’ve had my GB since 2017 and it’s now the game I’ve had the longest. I’ve had GOTG, TMNT, GOT, MET, AS, JP2, Star Trek and others. They came and went and GB is bolted down. But I also really like CSI so don’t take my word for it!

I also owned GB for a long time and there is definitely something to it, I just feel like it could have been so much better so its like a missed opportunity. But, with that being said, I would never tell someone not to play or own one. It's a good game overall, just not great (for me).

2 weeks later
#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I believe you could save an image or copy of that SD card and you could keep the scores with his name backup up.

Great Idea!

Quoted from Green-Machine:

Good to know! I’m not tech savvy but I’ll check into seeing how to do that. Thank you!

It should be: connect usb drive to main board, open service menu> Utilities> Save settings
and then do the same to restore settings, except "Load Settings" instead.

That's how Ive done it on TMNT, but the process should be the same.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
15,999 (OBO)
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.