IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3955 6 years ago

Can any fellow GB owners tell me if this is normal? ... I noticed that in multiplayer games after you drain the ball and it goes through adding up all the bonuses but it seems to then quickly skip the screen that would give you your final score total and just go to the next player. Almost as if you were holding down the flipper to speed through it (i know you can do that on SW, not sure if GB even does that)

Wasn't sure if this was a setting or a glitch. I did a factory restore but it seems to be that way from default.

I am running v. 1.13
Thanks for any help!

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a glitch. When it goes to the next player just wait a couple seconds and it will shows all the scores for every player. Every few seconds it switches from the skill shot screen to showing the current scores.

great --- thank you for the confirmation.

1 year later
#6156 4 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just traded for a GB Pro. All stock. Should I invest in a color DMD and a shaker? What other mods do people suggest? LCD DMD or LED DMD? Any suggestions will help on mods to enjoy the experience. Thanks

I went for LED Color DMD and it's fantastic. I had originally ordered the LCD version but much prefer the look of the LED and the fitment is exactly like the original display.

3 weeks later
#6307 4 years ago

non code related... for any of those with air ball protectors (the ones that run behind slimmer) make sure that when slimmer is pushed backwards he does not hit the protector.

Mine was hitting ever so slightly and the accuracy of my slimmer shots went way down. He would register the soft hits and off center hits but not the bigger ones that count. Even when I was hitting dead on at full power I was not guaranteed that it would fully register.

I ended up taking mine off, covering both sides with painters tape, marking a contour line to gradually remove some of the width in the area behind slimmer and then trimmed it down with a dremmel. Once i got it to where slimmer would clear without hitting, I wet sanded and polished the newly shaved down area and it's good as new. Slimmer shots register as expected every time. It was night and day for what seemed like a very small reduction in travel.

#6357 4 years ago

I've owned quite a few titles over the years and GB is still top of my list. Even if code update never came it is still a title worth owning. Great theme, beautiful machine, great sound, great call outs, fun to shoot (once you get it dialed in to your liking)

1 month later
#6477 4 years ago

I’ve always thought they should have put the P insert (in PKE) upside down so that it reads correctly when it reflects off the plastic.

2 months later
#6966 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Is this likely to break the colordmd firmware? I literally installed one two days ago. I'm assuming we'll need an update of that too?

Shouldn't break it entirely but expect any new elements added to the game to appear monochromatic. Color DMD will need to do a code update to get it 100%. They have been talking about updating it to fix known bugs so I'm sure at this point they are holding out till new code drops and then hopefully fix it all in one pass.

1 week later
#7157 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

OK, kids. I have some questions. I was seriously considering the purchase of a Ghostbusters pin this week. However; I read through this thread and I’m a little concerned. My family loves the theme but I would consider a couple of them novice players. My teenagers are starting to become decent pinball players. My wife isn’t that good but really likes to play pinball. My concern is that she’ll experience quick plays and not enjoy the game. I’m not sure new code would solve that problem. Should I ditch the thought of buying a Ghostbusters? Is your experience that novice players hate the game? Is there enough toys and new code features to keep the novice player happy?

My wife is not exceptional player (hell, neither am I) but we really enjoy Ghostbusters, even at its current code level. For most of our guests it seems to be the go to machine as well. I have owned quite a few machines since GB came out and I still feel like it is one of the best total packages, even in Pro trim. Beautiful looking, sounds amazing, beautiful well populated play field. Sure it can be a bit tough but that's what free play is for.

#7182 4 years ago

Updating now. I had passed out for about 10 minutes from all the anticipation and excrement.

#7186 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Haha - I didn't realize it corrected to that but yes, I shat myself in excitement...

#7310 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So on color dmd now the GB with updated code will show dots on some scenes and color on others?
I’ve set color dmd to green for now. What about everybody else?

I've just left it as is ... about 95% of what I have seen is still colored but will be even better once we get a new Color DMD update.

#7378 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK....$30 though shipped. Damn. I'll think about it.

Quoted from delt31:

really? Where?

C'mon ... the man takes his time to make a quality mod at a reasonable price considering all that is involved... then you ask him to point you to where you can find a lesser quality one for cheaper? ... support your fellow GB owner.

#7464 4 years ago

No issue on my end. I used the same stick as 1.16 which is also the same USB stick (8GB PNY Memory Master) I use on all my machines. Out of habit, I always quick format to FAT32 but I know the reformat hasn't worked for other folks. I always do a full install but no verify.

Strange that everyone is having issues with this one but I wouldn't necessarily expect that Stern purposefully did something different. They probably are unaware of these issues and even if they have caught wind of this problem, most like would still chalk it up to an end user variable.

1 year later
#8851 3 years ago

So... I just (re)joined the club with a NIB Pro thanks to Trent at Tilt Amusements... as I go on the mission to acquire the must have mods, I am trying to find something I had on my previous GB machine which was metal outlane guards. There were Metal pieces that attached to left/right outlanes that prevented the ball from jumping over the factory ball guides.

Does anyone recall who sold those? I've not been able to locate as of yet and cant find my orders from last time I had the machine.

Thanks in advance!!!

#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

taylorva designed them and cliffy made them - I got a set via Taylor a while back

Thanks all, I just ordered from Taylor

1 week later
#8862 3 years ago

Just finished up the Containment Unit mod... not sure who was the first one who came up with the idea, but thank you! Much better looking than the original plastic.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#8864 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Who makes that?

Nobody specifically, you have to make from this:

ebay.com link: Matty Collector Ghostbusters The Movie Walter Peck Containmet Unit New Sealed

It gets cutdown and then you transfer your lights from existing plastic to this one.

EDIT: Original Thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade

#8867 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I've been getting stuck balls on the plastic just to the right of the library in the corner. The game is leveled and the pitch seems right. Any ideas of the best way to deal with it--maybe adding a post or spacer where the existing screw is in that area? Thanks for any ideas.
[quoted image]

A Siamese post placed at an angle there should do good to deflect the ball. I would think you could mount to existing screw location.

Post: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C
Rubber: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-0012B

#8873 3 years ago

UPDATE: SOLD

Anyone interested in a set of the Stern Ghostbusters Art Blades? Still new in the box. $75 shipped.

UPDATE: SOLD

1 week later
#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

[quoted image]

"Welcome aboard Rookie" ... to one of the most underrated modern pinball titles. In my "expert" opinion anyway.

3 years later
#12337 60 days ago

Greetings all - back in the club with a recent GB Premium purchase ... what have I missed in the last 3 years? haha

1 month later
#12452 16 days ago

Ghostbusters Premium question, can someone help me identify what belongs on this stud? is it just nut or is there some other hardware that belongs here?

Can anyone share a similar photo from their machine?

Many Thanks!

GBstud (resized).jpgGBstud (resized).jpg
#12454 16 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

there is a building plastic and a angle bracket goes on that stud

Thank you, any change you have a photo?

Edit: I found a photo, the building you mention looks like it is on the Pro only. On the Premium it appears to just be a nut.

#12455 16 days ago

Another Premium question ... is the slimmer mech supposed to drag on the black bracket near the ghost target / newton ball? On my machine he clears when he goes all the way to the left but when he is going back to resting position on the right, it bumps that angled part of the bracket each time.

I've owned a pro in the past but just picked up a premium ... thanks!

#12457 16 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

admittedly I have a Pro but I would think the Premium / LE would be similar
2 quick shots
[quoted image][quoted image]

THANK YOU for taking the time to send these.

#12466 16 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Another Premium question ... is the slimmer mech supposed to drag on the black bracket near the ghost target / newton ball? On my machine he clears when he goes all the way to the left but when he is going back to resting position on the right, it bumps that angled part of the bracket each time.
I've owned a pro in the past but just picked up a premium ... thanks!

Quoted from evileye:

I took many pics as I installed my playfield protector on day 1. This is interesting. On my game it appears to be a hex post that connects to nothing. I have to check my game later to confirm, but I don’t see what purpose this would serve given that the ramp is in the way. [quoted image]

exactly what I needed. THANKS!

#12467 15 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

This happens on mine as well and I haven’t had issues. When the discussion came up years ago, I recall that Stern said this was as designed. Some oeople were skeptical because it doesn’t do this on every game. You can adjust it, but I never bothered. Note that changes in Slimer’s height could affect hit sensitivity.

Thank you - I ended up taking apart the slimer mech and was able to raise him just enough to clear. PIA but worth it (for me) since it annoyed me so much, haha.

#12481 12 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone still offer Stern Brand inner cabinet Side Art?

I ordered a set from Marco last week and they arrived in 2 days.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7007-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.