IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8379 3 years ago

Just brought a pro in the house on a temporary trade for our Aerosmith pro. Already performed the 1.17 update and will be installing the Mudflaps update overnight so I can play it first thing.

ghostbusters (resized).jpgghostbusters (resized).jpg
#8382 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, ACDC, Metallica pin in there? Also you got the order of pins incorrect, the holy trinity must be preserved....AFM,MM,MB.

Temp trade of Aerosmith for Ghostbusters and those are just the pins in the bar area.

2 weeks later
#8413 3 years ago

Trying out a set of carrot flippers to see what they feel like. Installing them later this evening. I have GB on a temp trade with a friend and he bought the flippers, so I just picked them up from him. Would like to see first hand how the game feels with them and if I can beat my 2 billion high score using them.

#8417 3 years ago

I only played a few games on it last night, but I can tell already I prefer the carrot flippers. I was able to save balls that would've been SDTM with the original flippers - could at least get a flipper tip on the ball to save those drains. The flippers also helped with scoop kick outs and getting the ball under control.

I'll play some games on it today to start getting a feel for the ramp shots. I can nail the left ramp over and over on the original flippers though. So for me, the carrots aren't to help me shoot better or make the game feel better shooting - I just want a regular flipper gap with no cheap drains.

The game had the center post mod installed, so I unscrewed the post from the mod and left all the plastics installed. I do prefer the flippers over the center post mod for sure. Have to re-train my reflexes now the post is gone - I let several balls drain down the middle thinking the post was still there.

#8418 3 years ago

Is there a fix for the Scoleri drop targets? Major air ball drains when hitting them dead on and they don’t drop on that major direct hit.

1 week later
#8444 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

People might have a hard time believing this....
I ordered my NIB GBLE in March. 2016. I received the machine on July 1, 2016. When I got the machine, I quickly put on about 50 games, then noticed that I had the ghosting insert issue. I fought with Stern for over a year about getting a populated playfield. They told me to play it some more, if the ghosting got worse, I'll get a new playfield.
I installed the new playfield in Oct. 2017...and to this day, it's has never been played.
I seriously considered selling the machine, but, now I think I might keep it for a little while.
The reason for my post?.....I haven't kept up to date on this title. What would everyone recoomend as far as mods/protection for this game?

Mods: Get the rail plastics that prevent ball hops. Then install carrot flippers.

In the meantime update the code and just play the game, you have an LE so it's already modded cosmetically.

1 month later
#8579 3 years ago

I have a question for anyone who has used Pinball Browser to customize the soundtrack. Does replacing the main track causes errors when installing the update? Script 0x631 (length 5min53s000ms)

I had my edits nearly perfect, installed several updates without issue. Even took video of my high scores on the games to input them in Pinball Browser, no problem. But, then decided to replace the main track, Script 0x631 (length 5min53s000ms). It is the main Ghostbusters song

After that I kept getting an "unpack failed" error after the 20 minute wait for the update process to complete. Repeated several times, same error, same USB stick I had been using and formatting between copies. I reinstalled the custom soundtrack I had been working off of (Mudflaps pro version) and it was successful.

Went into Pin Browser, loaded the Mudflaps version, replaced only the main track and then the update failed to unpack as before.

Currently have another edited version installing now, just didn't touch the main theme, so will see what happens. At least I have my tracks all edited and saved, so it's just a matter of pointing to them in Pin Browser when I need to start from scratch.

Best update was getting rid of the shooter lane piano loop music.

#8580 3 years ago

Got it sorted out. I think the issue was I was not importing my final edit of the track. This rough edit was over 7 min long because I still had not trimmed the length to 5:53 to match the original.

Interesting figuring when some of the original theme song tracks are played. That longest track for the main theme song, seems to play in the background on ball 3 and also was triggered in another spot during gameplay. Actually works out perfect that this track plays for ball 3 because it is a much faster tempo theme song remix.

I'm making a few adjustments based on gameplay notes I took. If anyone wants to try a new soundtrack, let me know. The shooter lane tinkling piano loop is replaced; removed the slow, quiet Librarian track and a few other really quiet out of place tracks; removed the 80s R&B synth songs (don't care about the movie soundtrack, care about the pinball soundtrack). Bobby Brown only plays when entering high score initials, I don't want to hear him during gameplay, but I'll tolerate him in that limited role.

#8584 3 years ago

If you're a member of the Facebook group, Pinball Enthusiasts, I've been live streaming in there. Just finished a few games so I could take notes on what to tweak. I need to adjust the volume of two tracks, swap two locations and adjust song that plays for We've Got One.

I've been working off the Mudflaps Pro version. I installed that right when I got the game from a friend in a temp trade. I had to update the code to 1.17 and then just installed the Mudflaps soundtrack and only played a few games on stock sounds. So I'm not actually sure what were his edits and what are stock sounds. But these are the changes I've made:

Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!

Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.

Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.

Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tine Turner. Just need to adjust the start of the track by 10-15 seconds.

Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.

Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris

Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy. Need to swap spots with this script and the one below - got them mixed up.

Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie

Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Need to increase the volume.

Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

1 week later
#8603 3 years ago

So today I trade back the Ghostbusters Pro to my friend who had our Aerosmith Pro. Tell you what, and I'm preaching to the choir in this thread, but Ghostbusters is an incredibly fun game! I'm happy to have had a few months time on it. I tried the center post mod with stock flippers; stock flippers only; and carrot flippers only. Carrot flippers for the win with us. I had no problem with the stock flipper gap, but that's not the case for everyone else.

Ghostbusters also provided me much enjoyment with modding the soundtrack using Pinball Browser. I've modded my prior games like Mustang; X-Men; Aerosmith; Star Trek and Metallica.

This afternoon I took a video of gameplay showing the updated soundtrack I made before I packed up the game.

I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.

If you're interested and have a DropBox account, message me your email that I can share it with. The file is 1.1gb and I don't have it uploaded to any free site yet. But I can share freely over Dropbox I think, if there is any interest at all.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/idvC6sYjrchU99Kv5

3 weeks later
#8692 3 years ago

I had the game for 3 months on temp trade and I tested out various mods my friend had bought. I found the center post mod to just be frustrating with the stock flippers - didn't solve the large flipper gap and just added another variable that didn't enhance gameplay. Carrot flippers only - that made the game so much more enjoyable for me.

I also had to create my own custom soundtrack. Stern's soundtrack is pretty good, but I wanted to make the game more exciting. I hated the other custom soundstracks because guys loaded them with lame-assed soundtrack songs. 80s synth, R&B crap, Bobby Brown (awful) did not fit the them at all. I don't care what shit songs they shoved in the movies, they didn't belong in a pin.

#8696 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Would you be willing to share it? If yes, and it works on my premium, please PM me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ni5vFjL-ffJYfWyDTWuAnnavTfhyDV6k/view?usp=sharing

Never tried it on a premium, but give it a shot. Just install on a new SD card so you can pop your card back in if it doesn’t work.

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

What songs did you use? Does the card retain game settings and high scores?

Game settings will be back to factory and same with high scores. If you want to keep your scores, you can load the image in Pinball Browser and add your scores and initials. Or just write down your scores, take the glass off and ring up the same score and add your initials.

I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.

Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!

Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.

Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.

Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina Turner.

Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.

Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris

Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy.

Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie

Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with House is a Rockin' by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

#8705 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

this looks amazing, anyone want to transpose it to the premium? I be very appreciative

What would be the differences with Premium? Are there a few more modes or just the song locations might be different?

3 weeks later
#8799 3 years ago

If I still had a Ghostbusters, this mashup would've been added to the soundtrack I made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.