IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I have to say, I don't know how often Stern put this design on previous machines , but its a poor design.
The Premium has a nice protected port (hole) with Stern-Cliffy, while the pro has no protection at all in this spot and I see no way that Cliffy could help with that saucer, other than to create a press-molded metal tray with adhesive backing.

One of these you mean?

Just got mine
IMG_2199 (resized).JPGIMG_2199 (resized).JPG
IMG_2200 (resized).JPGIMG_2200 (resized).JPG

#2738 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

This is great! This is from Cliffy I assume.

Yup. Hot off the press. I was bugging Cliff for a while for one of these. It's a much needed addition I feel. I don't have a ton of play on my game and I can already see the edges of the trough starting to get chewed up a bit.

#2743 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ask and ye shall receive!!!! Cool!! Can anyone else comment on must have Cliffys for gb. This one seems to be the first one specifically for gb.
**Emailed cliff stay tuned****

I'd definitely do the whole shooter lane Cliffy setup including the protector around the ball trough eject opening. These are a must for any game I feel. I also added the one for the drain and inlane rollover where the ball drops from the ramp. I had the scoleri bros protectors in as well but took them out because they were launching balls all over the place. They interfered way too much with the game play. Some people don't seem to have an issue with them though.

You can ask Cliff for the GB full kit and you'll get everything included in there. I'm sure the Storage Facility protector will be included now for the Pro kit.

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Nice! Is that a pain to get to and install? Does that much need to come off? Gonna order one

Not gonna lie....it wasn't fun.

You have to disconnect any wires going to the ramp at the underside of the playfield to give you some play to move the ramp out of the way. There's 7 or 8 screws/bolts holding the entire ramp down. Get those out and just move the ramp a little to one side so you can access the plastic underneath. Remove the plastic and the two posts on either side of the storage facility trough and you're ready to install the protector. It's not as bad as I feared it would be. Cliff was nice enough to write up some pretty detailed instructions on how to do all that. I can forward that to anyone that needs it.

#2749 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

GB Pro was my first NIB game and one of my first games period. I enjoy the game except for one thing: The Scoleri Brothers. If it were just annoying as they get in your way and keep coming back until you hit both of them within a time frame, that would be OK but they cause so many airballs as well and frequently didn't drop with hard, direct hits. The combination had me saying "oh no, the Scoleri Brothers!" every time they popped up so I turned them off and it is so much better. Did anyone else have this problem and have a solution that works better? Thank you for your responses.

I had a hard time with them when I first got my game as well. I tried the pinball life replacement springs but those don't work well. There was so much tension that one of the targets wouldn't even stay up after a while. The thing that worked for me was to just stretch out the stock springs like 10-12 loops and now the targets drop perfectly. Just a little nudge with the ball will drop them. Works great!

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

For my machine stretching the springs out didn't fix the problem. "Stretching the springs" to me means making them have less tension. I recommend attaching the stock springs so that they have more tension. I hope this makes sense. Attach the springs so that less coils are being used.
Now my scoleri targets drop perfectly with any shot.
Junky

The two things you are referring to are one and the same. You are stretching the springs out and creating more tension when you mount them using less coils. This is what I did and it works well in my case.

Quoted from sepins:

Call pinball life and get springs for $.99 and the shorter piece for right ramp.
Worked for Me!!!

The pinball life springs worked well for a bit for me but they create so much tension that eventually the targets wouldn't stay up anymore. They'd pop up but drop down immediately. I've heard of many people experiencing the same thing.

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I had this right out of the box. I did add a shaker motor but it hasnt gotten any worse. Will that reinforcement pull the wood back together?

Yikes...you'd probably want to glue it and clamp it together somehow before installing that bracket to make the seam as unnoticeable as possible.

2 weeks later
#2920 6 years ago

Just finished my Storage Facility mod on my pro. Really happy with how it turned out. Sooooo much better than that flat piece of plastic.

IMG_2522 (resized).JPGIMG_2522 (resized).JPG

IMG_2516 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPG

IMG_2512 (resized).JPGIMG_2512 (resized).JPG

IMG_2510 (resized).JPGIMG_2510 (resized).JPG

#2924 6 years ago

Thanks Aquapin for coming up with that and sharing it. This was the only thing left that bothered me about the playfield. It makes such a big difference...love it!

I did a couple of things differently. I made sure to work in the back cover to hide all the wiring and glued the LED's inside because I didn't want screws to show on the front. Cutting the model and trimming was a bit of a PITA but it turned out great so I can't complain.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks awesome!

Thank you!

#2925 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I can confirm that when I removed the cliffy for the left bros, no more airs going up the left ramp. It def was the cliffy. FYI if you are having the same problem
note - I still get target air ocassional but I was getting air balls before they were reaching targets - now due to my cliffy.

I had the same problem so I removed both of them. Made some adjustments with the target heights but no matter what I did, the game was just unplayable.

#2933 6 years ago

Basically cutting the bottom part off in line with the bottom of the door. There is trimming that will need to be done inside and drilling of the holes to accommodate the lights.

I also cut the width down maybe 1/4" and notched the side to allow the spot light to fit back in place.

#2937 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Awesome! I like this way better than what's on the premium. But I'm guessing it wouldn't fit?

It just barely clears the glass where it is located on the Pro.

5 months later
#3906 6 years ago

I was hoping for one last update. Looking forward to that.

1 year later
#6254 4 years ago

Anyone else see this yesterday? A friend of mine sent it to me but when I went to check it had already been deleted.

2EB41F81-B76C-47E8-99C5-E91C5A5A71BF (resized).jpeg2EB41F81-B76C-47E8-99C5-E91C5A5A71BF (resized).jpeg
#6270 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So someone took a picture with there phone, but didn't download the read me or code. Seems like a prank.

My buddy has zero interest in what's in the GB code so that's why. He was on the page checking another game and saw it.

4 months later
#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

But why just remove the cat? The whole machine was designed by him. Seems like if you have a problem with anything tied to the designer, you'd probably realign your moral compass by just selling the machine off entirely? Getting hung up on the small details like the cat just seems like silly nitpicking at this point.

So true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.