Topic Stats

• 7,753 posts
  • 640 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 minutes ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 228 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,384 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ColorDMD for GoT & GB (resized).jpg
D633F44E-5421-41E7-98A2-74606CE06A96 (resized).jpeg
20191207_082153 (resized).jpg
1A17E1B0-95F8-4452-9E91-73730473B752 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5608 (resized).JPG
87A5B1A3-2C5E-4742-97FC-3ACCB64EE996 (resized).jpeg
Books-GBusters - 3 (resized).jpg
Books-GBusters - 1 (resized).jpg
Books-GBusters - 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191112_173546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (2 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (2 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinden007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2130 2 years ago

Thinking of getting GB pro next week.

Where can I get the cliffy protectors for this? Looking for the out hole, shooter lane, and storage facilty.

Thanks.

1 week later
#2213 2 years ago

I am looking to buy this game soon. Can you tell me exactly what mods I am looking at here (in the yellow boxes)?

I know one is the center post mod which I can get from pinball life.

But what about the other 2?

Is one of them the blue plastic protector set that is $29.99?

I don't know what that green piece is but I assume it helps with the ball jumping. Where can I get that?

This is a picture from the local mall.
Thanks.

gb1 (resized).jpg

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The entire Pinball Life kit is in the photo, including the green plastics that prevent balls from hopping the outlane guide.

Do you have a link to that kit?

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Looks like this one from Little shop of games does the same thing

Except that is only one piece whereas the one from pinball life I believe is 3 pieces (as seen in my photo) and the center post might sit about a 1/4 inch higher. Pinball life one is $45 if they ever get it back in stock.

To be honest, I am not exactly sure what the lower play field looks like with out any mods...but I'll know tomorrow for sure.

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Pinball life was one piece like that one, but had some extra slime parts for decoration and green flipper rubber.

Did it have the 3 items highlighted in my previously posted photo?

#2265 2 years ago

I just got my GB pro last night and it definitely needs some tweaking. Left scoop drains down the middle. Since I have no experience 'under the hood' I was going to turn down the eject power. Which menu and item number is that - there are literally 100+ options.

I do like the idea of keeping the power and turning the scoop eject angle so it shoots to the right flipper but I am not brave enough yet to try that.

The drop targets don't always drop on the first hit. Is the easiest fix for me the replacement springs from pinball life?

Has anyone bought the center post mod from little shop of games? Does the post sit to low in the PF? I think the one from pinball life looks more desirable except it's not available right now.

My game did come with the blue lane protectors.

I only got to put a few games on it last night - mainly just testing some things.

Is little shop of games the place to get the air ball protector?

Thanks.

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The Scoleri drops will "break-in" over time and get better. If not, try the spring trick mentioned above.
As far as the scoop, trying INCREASING the power and see if it makes it over to the tip of the right flipper.

I tried increasing the power last night but I might have had the wrong menu option. I think it maxed out around 60. I will take a closer look at that tonight. Do you happen to know the menu item number?

Thanks.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

remind what the BLUE LANE PROTECTORS are?

I was under the impression this was part of a mod, but maybe it's standard. (bottom photo -the part in the right rectangle)

I found it as a mod on another website. (top photo)

pasted_image (resized).png

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am thinking its #12 in the ghostbusters adjustment menu.

Thanks. I think it was #11. I tried 60 and that didn't work then I tried 20 and that perfectly drops it on the left flipper with the option to dead bounce to right.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Picture shows a PBL Green Outlane Jumping Prevention, and a Center Post.
I believe it is still Out of stock.
If you want a Center Post, and cant wait Little Shop of Games has a center post version.
The second is a Protector for the stock slings. It does not have a Center Post, or help with
outlane hops.
I have one that Prevents Outlane Hops, and Slings, and others have a few versions as well.
Lermods, Chuck...Modfather...different colors, shapes and costs.
Youll really only want to decide on whether you want a center post, or whether you want a
more enjoyable game, without the outlane hops.
Some games are a few mm higher on outlanes, and balls dont jump as much.
Play a while, and see what you think....but the ramp target Plastic is a must.
GL.

I have a feb build and don't seem to have the Outlane jumps. I definitely want a center post and prefer the one from Pbl- wish it was in stock.

I haven't scored over 300m on mine but the one at the mall I had 5.4b. Mine plays slightly different, especially from the shooter lane.

#2284 2 years ago

I saw these in one of the pictures a few pages ago. Do they help deter outlane drains?

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I can't help but think two things when I see that pic.
#1. Why did he move the post up? Glutton for punishment?
#2. That stain from where the post was over the middle hole can be cleaned up nicely with a little Novus 1.

#2 I don't believe that is a stain - it's a indentation because those things are screwed down so tight. (I moved mine last night and have the same thing)

Anyway, where so I get those rubber circles and what are they called?

Thanks.

#2302 2 years ago

How do you prop the pf up halfway?

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No way from the factory. Why do you only want to prop it open only half way?

I wanted to move the left side outlane bumper. I just asked the wife to hold it up for 2mins.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Great to know ! Thanks for the input.
I've heard CoinTaker is a distributor people like as well.
I have not heard anything about GameroomGuys

I got mine from coin taker this week. They delivered and setup for free. Installers were awesome and so was the price.

We played for 5 hours last night and my buddy stumbled onto midnight madness.
No center post yet and we managed 2.5b. Definitely a blast to play!

If I need to tweak the right drop target to be flush with pf, is there 1 or 2 screws to turn and which way do I turn them?

Thanks

#2317 2 years ago

Would you say the rails are worth the $55?

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Premium or Pro. When did you order? Did it ship directly from stern or Coin takers?

I got the pro. I am local so I called on Monday and they delivered it on Tuesday! They had 4 in stock. It's free shipping and I believe it would ship directly from cointaker.

My PF date is nov 16.

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I've had my premium about 2 weeks now - February 7 build date. The Scolari brothers seemed to drop perfectly at first, but after installing cliffys, direct hard hits just bounce off them. In-direct or shots hitting the edges drop them every time, so I'm thinking the cliffys require tightening the springs even on newer games since they give the targets less room to move.

Do the cliffys affect the right lane shot? With my drop target sitting slighting above the pf, it was enough to pop the ball up just enough so that not all shots were clean to the right lane and I got a few roll backs and odd hits with the gate.

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks gweempose ! I stand corrected.

Thanks to both of you I was able to make this adjustment and the spring adjustment and it looks like it fixed both my issues.

I have a new issue with a weak right flipper that I posted on the issue GB thread. ☹️

#2346 2 years ago

Anyone know exactly how the left captive balls work in conjuction with the proton pack targets and what the purple and I think white lights mean?

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Just completed a 1.9 bil game finished ballroom and close to Stay puff, but tilted out... Naysayers be damned GB is freeking awesome. Soon all 3 ladders will be completed...soon...

I didn't get that far in modes but I did stack wcws with pke to mh with 6x. Didn't have much time to look up but I did see a sj for 800m and hit pke a few times which I am sure was over a billion. Finished with 12b. That was a super intense game!

Previous high game was 2.5b on my machine.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I have added the speaker light kits (awesome)

Can you post picture of speaker lights installed? I'm confused by these - are they 1 color or multiple colors?

Thanks.

#2372 2 years ago

Anyone know how the NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT works? I've read that you get 1 correct guess per 10 ghosts caught but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I always choose the streams cause I can complete that about 7 out 10 times.

#2407 2 years ago

Want do I do if my right flipper won't retract all the way?

Update: it was a broken end of the flipper spring. I twisted the end to create a new hook and reattached it. I guess I can get extra springs from cointaker?

#2412 2 years ago

Noob putting an order in from pinball life.

I have no pinball parts. Help me put a list together of things I should have on hand for my GB and pinball in general, e.g., extra lights, springs, cleaning products, etc.

Thanks.

#2418 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The lights now are LED and rarely fail. Not much point stocking up on those. If one does fail, it's easy enough to order a replacement after the fact - it's not like the game will be out of commission.
You will want new pinballs, though. the ones Stern ships with the game are not very good.
You also definitely need several good soft micofiber cloths, a light cleaner such as Novus 1, and a pure canuba non-cleaner wax -- I recommend P21S. You can get it off Amazon. You will want to do light cleaning and wax every few months depending on usage. The wax helps reduce playfield wear and makes the game play nice and fast. Very important!
Also a good set of tools, including a soldering iron.
You shouldnt need a bunch of spare parts on hand right off the bat. The number of things that could potentially fail in a pinball machine are too varied -- you can't really anticipate which part you will need (if you only have one game). Instead of buying parts that may not or may not fail, invest in Cliffy protectors or other mods.
A year or two from now, you may want new rubbers, but no need to worry about that now.

Thanks!

Is this the wax on amazon? P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax

I do have pinballs on order.

#2421 2 years ago

What's the best way to straighten with 2x target? It's slightly overhanging the lane.

Thanks.

IMG_2595 (resized).JPG

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've always just manually pushed them straight, then re-tightened the fasteners on the switch from under the playfield.

I'll take a look at this tonight.

Anyone using the PINBALL PLAYABILITY LED KIT?

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've always just manually pushed them straight, then re-tightened the fasteners on the switch from under the playfield.

Well I had it straight and a few games later if was leaning again. I guess I didn't tighten the screws tight enough?

I not comfortable yet putting the play field vertical. I always feels like it's laying on wires and I am not quite sure how to put it past 90 deg by myself. I should have asked my installer.

#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After you lift the playfield up high enough to clear all the mechs underneath, you need to pull it forward. You will feel some resistance, but keep on pulling and it will ride over the hump. You can then continue to pull it forward very slowly until it stops. At this point, you can lift up the playfield and lean it all the way against the backbox. Make sure as you do all of this that you pull it evenly and keep the playfield straight. If you don't, you could scratch up the inside of your cabinet, or even worse, drop the playfield into it. It's really a crappy design.
This video is very helpful for new owners ...
» YouTube video

Yes that was very helpful, thanks. I was never getting it over the hump. I also don't have the rails yet.

#2457 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Lift the pf and put a washer under the right side. Works great.

I did this tonight and it does make it better. The target still sits a little sideways from the metal bracket after a few ball whacks but it doesn't overhang like it did before. Thanks.

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks for Sharing my Video. I was about to do that .
I made this video for people who felt just like pinden007. I felt the same way and there were no clear videos about modern machines .
I hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for this. What a difference doing it the right way. lol

I was able to adjust my 2x target and see that I had hole markings for the PBL rails. I also installed the out drain cliffy.

I saved the shooter lane cliffys for another time since I would have to completely take off the the piece that holds the balls.

The only other issue I have is with the first gate for the ball plunge and/or right orbit. The ball seems to catch that thing every now and then. I read others were having issue with that and possibly working on a fix.

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Check out my video and the video by PinballSuperNova for: how to install the shooter cliffy.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
** To remove the headless bolts: "tap out using a plastic mallet"

Thanks. So the ball should rest on the cliffys?

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Get a full set of standard nut drivers if you don't have them already.

What range of sizes is best?

#2495 2 years ago

So I've been trying to figure out why my right orbit and ball plunge is not smooth. Upon closer inspection I noticed the metal flap is sticking out under the orbit wall.

Is that how everyone's pin is? Doesn't seem right.

IMG_2603 (resized).JPG

#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

That's how mine is. I don't believe the ball makes contact with it though.
Bending up the corner of the bracket on the metal gate seems to help quite a bit up there. I think the ball is lofting from the playfield both when plunged hard and when shot into the right orbit from a strong left flipper shot. The ball was striking that gate frame consistently on my machine. Poor design IMO.
Junky

I assume you took it off and bent it? What did you use to bend it?

#2511 2 years ago

How do I swap out the orange shooter spring for a green one? Doesn't seem like the black tip comes off.

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I wonder if Stern moved this gate forward when mounting.
I have not had this issue on my Sept 2016 build Premium.
Check out my video of the ball moving through this gate.
» YouTube video

My pro playfield is dated Nov 2016. The issue seems to be getting worse unless I am just more aware of it now. Happens maybe 2 out of 5 shots. Sometimes it gets through the first gate but not the second gate and sometimes it shots back the lane. The plunge isn't always clean either. Very frustrating.

I really need someone to play while I film.

Btw, has anyone seen the extra ball message at 49 ghosts instead of 50? I've seen that the last 2 nights.

#2517 2 years ago

I just beat my highest score by a landslide.
8,636,972,320!
I had 6x playfield multipliers with a pretty long mass hysteria multi-ball.
3 ball game
All defaults
I'm super stoked!
Junky

Very nice. Feels good doesn't it? I had the 6x with 3 stacks when I got my high score last week. Haven't come close since.

I haven't figured out what the sound is yet for reversing the flippers.

#2536 2 years ago

These are my opinions.
The ball not making it through the first gate is because it's hitting the corner of the frame as I described earlier. Before I bent the corner this happened A LOT on my machine.
I believe the second issue you're describing may be due to the ball floating over the rollover switch in the orbit without actually activating it. I think the electric gate may only open after the rollover switch is activated. This may explain why some plunges and orbit shots go around above the lanes, and some hit the closed gate and go into the lanes.
My other theory is that the electric gate randomly opens with some plunges/orbit shots. I asked Chas at Stern about this and he didn't know.
Junky

Once I confirmed this is the only issue, I will try bending. I am not going to attempt to take it off though.

Had extra ball message at 51 today. Lol

Any one get center drains from the right orbit back flow? Sometimes that protective gate doesn't do its job

#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

look at the play field lights. when 100 is lit mass hysteria hits. "switch those hands". you get number of ghost caught pops up on display leading up to it.

Plus the call out is a little late if I'm already in the middle of a multiball.

I wish you would get more info on the instant status too.

#2566 2 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the stern rails from PBL installed on a pro? I couldn't find a good place to attach them to the PF. Also, the screws appeared to give about 1/8 of an inch of clearence before poping through the other side of the play field.

#2569 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think he means the playfield support rails. Btw, nice baby pac. Great game.

Yes. My bad.

#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes it is... but not its not mine. That was a pic from another pinside member I saved a while back.
So the under PF glide rails....
I've seen those installed. I think PBL has a shot.. Here ya go...

Thanks. I was hoping to have a picture from underneath from someone who installed it on a GB. I didn't really find a clear spot for either rail to screw in (when using the predrilled hole next to the pegs.

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's the left side front. The big hole in the middle of the first shot is the peg hole. The right side is the same.

Where did you find space for the other ends?

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just match up the front holes and you see where to put the back screws.

There is no room. Always on top of something or major tension butted up against something. If they were 2 inches shorter it would fit.

IMG_2625 (resized).JPG

IMG_2626 (resized).JPG

IMG_2627 (resized).JPG

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Left side.

Right side.

Just bend the left side back a little bit. Mine works perfect.

That's a lot of torque on 2 tiny screws. I'll take another look. Thanks

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No it's not, the pf doesn't weigh 200lbs ya know. They handle it just fine. I've had mine on for almost a tear and used a lot and they are still as solid as the day I put them on.

I meant torque on the screws due to bending the support rail. Is it possible that our pf's top and bottom are not identical.

That would explain why the air ball protector didnt fit either without some adjustments.

#2632 2 years ago

I just had a huge game going. On my last ball I completed Stay Puft and started wcws, took that into PKE and I think there was a SFMB in there as well. I was rocking it and then MH started and shortly after that everything drained - it killed my game. They really need to make the sound more prominent with the flipper switch and I think more importantly, give a better call out BEFORE it starts.

Anyway, finished with 4.8b with 720m help bonus on last ball. Too bad I couldn't hit the multiplers.

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. As soon as the first ball moves to the top section, a timer starts. If you can lock all three balls before the timer runs out, you are supposed to be awarded everything that is lit. I think there may be some bugs with the awards in the code, but I'm not sure. Obviously, if it times out before you can lock all three balls, all the balls will be dumped back into their original positions.

I wasn't aware of a timer. I thought I could always light SF with on getting 2 balls around and multipliers with 3. I asked about how this works a few weeks ago but no one responded.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Since everybody has their own priorities, only you can answer the question as to whether or not the topper is worth the money. I personally would never spend that much on one. I'd rather apply that money towards something like a ColorDMD or PDI glass. The only Stern topper I have is on my GoT LE because the game came with it. I do think it's cool, but you can buy a lot of other stuff with $500.

Is there a colorDMD for GB? The only one I saw on you tube was 1 color(green).

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I generally think full playfield protectors are overkill on a modern games. Given how prevalent dimpling is on GB, however, it might not be a bad idea. I'm not sure if it's from the softer wood, or simply because the ball is so wild, but I have more dimpling on my GB than any other game I own.

Would the PF protector actually prevent the dimpling that occurs on GB, or would it just lessen the effect?

#2671 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nope....too much trouble. That playfield will be fine and last forever in a home environment. Just keep it cleaned and waxed every so often and put new balls in the game once a year.

I bought premium balls but don't want to put them in yet until they stop hitting the corner of the orbit gate.

#2679 2 years ago

Is there a way to set extra balls at 50 AND 100 ghosts? I could have swore the one on location lit extra ball at 50 and 100 ghosts.

Mine only lights at 50. (I removed the default and have it set to 50)

1 week later
#2829 2 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to reset just one high score?

I tried setting high score 4 back to the default but it didn't seem to work.

1 week later
#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Ghosts unlock extra balls

When does your extra ball light come on? After collecting 50 and 100 ghosts?

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I believe you can either set it, or it auto adjusts. Think mine is around 70 right now

What do you mean it auto adjusts?

I had mine set on default which I thought was 50 and it keep going up to where it was at 67.

When I specifically set it to 50, it only lights are 50 and not 100. The game I sometimes play on route lights at 50 and 100 which is how I want mine to work. Can't figure it out.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait - so if you don't get K, in order to get the insert light (so you can hit and turn on X scoring) you need to move all 4 balls just for 2? WHa?

Hitting the proton pack targets is what lights the 'light super jackpot' and 'light playfield multipliers' lights.

Hitting the captive balls is what awards what is lit. So if 'light playfield multipliers' is lit in front of the captive balls, shooting the captive balls around will actually light the playfield multipliers.

I believe once you shoot the first captive ball, you have limited time to shoot the next captive ball. If time runs out, the balls fall back to their starting position.

Hope that made sense.

#2895 2 years ago

Just had a massive rush of a game at 6b (1st high score).

Not sure if this was mentioned before but when you shoot tobin's, if you hit both flipper buttons together during the first animation, it will give you a list of rewards, you have a split second to determine if you want to keep those rewards. If yes, hit the right flipper button, if not hit both flipper buttons together again.

I think you can do this up to 2 times (3 lists). I usually look for light extra ball and if I don't see if I'll hit both flippers. Sometimes I'll stick if I see start PKE if I am close to a MB or 10% of score.

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I don't think that's true. I think you just get everything in the list.

You do get everything on the list. My point is you can change the list out. If you don't like the first list, hit both flipper buttons, if you don't like the 2nd list, hit both flipper buttons again; you are stuck with the 3rd list.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Still don't agree. Your just speeding up the process.

Nope. It's definitely 3 separate unique random lists.

I've done what you said about speeding up the process - after you read the list you can hit both flipper buttons to immediately get the rewards and have the ball kicked out.

This is different. Try it. As soon as the list appears, hit both flipper buttons- don't wait more than a split second. I usually try to read the first 2 items in the list and kill it if I don't see extra ball.

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What code you running? I feel like the past few times I've tried this on new code it hasn't worked.

You gave to be quick. No time to read the entire list.

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

OMG, im a total noob at this! im scared! hahahha
who you gonna call!!!?

This was my first on only pinball...so far. I'm a noob(owner) too.

Congrats on the purchase!

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

knockerlover - You might have already done this, but I recommend moving the outlane pins to the tightest setting too. I also set my 'extra ball' to unlimited. Has only made a difference in 1 or 2 games, but the game is so hard its worth getting any little benefit you can!

When do you get extra balls, specifically?

#2982 2 years ago

Anybody have the looping supers timer run out while your looping the ramp nonstop?

#2999 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

if i remember well its 3 scenes and 50 ghosts (not 15)

I just changed mine to 50 ghosts and 4 scenes

1 week later
#3039 2 years ago

I cleaned and waxed my gb this weekend and I replaced the stock balls with premium balls. It plays much faster and harder now. More difficult to catch and cradle.

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's because of the waxing, it will slow down in about 50 or so games.

Good cause I'm getting my butt kicked.

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

unfortunately, i wasn't able to hit any of the Stay Puft mode multipliers before choosing the form of the destructor

Awesome game. That's the a good stack.

What are the multipliers? You can increase the 1x 1x 1x 1x?

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not true -- ESP gives you an automatic correct guess for every ten ghosts you've collected. so in the latter stages of long games, ESP passes up DCTS in points.

I thought that was only for tournament mode. I'm not finding that to be the case when I play.

#3066 2 years ago

I asked before if it's possible to reset high score #4 and the answer was no.

Is it possible to reset all high scores? I have friends coming over and I think it would be more fun for them if the scores were reset.

Also, tonight on my last game something got out of whack because my right ramp was scoring as if it was the left ramp, e.g., it started we got one and scored a super jackpot with call out. (on the pro).

#3077 2 years ago

Here you go..
Utilities/Resets/Reset Grand Champion and Reset High Scores
Junky

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I assume that resets looping supers,etc., too.

#3088 2 years ago

I just played my absolute best game ever!
GB is a frustrating pin with tons of center drains. I have A LOT of bad games, but when I have a good game it's a total BLAST!
I had Mass Hysteria twice, stay puft, we came we saw.., and a 6x multiplier.
Standard 3 ball game
Factory Defaults, except special = extra ball
Outlane Posts in the bottom holes
7 degree slope
I'm stoked!
Junky

Ok...That's the highest I've ever seen. Holy sht nice job! Blows aways my 12b. (I don't feel so bad resetting it now)

I bet you had some big time end of ball bonuses too!

You are unstoppable!

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

quick question, bought a GB premium 3 weeks ago or so.
the ghost brother pop up targets,
lets say they pop up, then you drain before hitting either one. the right one goes down, but the left "tony", stays up on the next ball until you hit him down. Nothing happens when you hit him, as far as ghost collection. I'm assuming this isn't supposed to happen.
also how the hell are you supposed to hit the right ramp. The ball always goes most of the way up and around, but very rarely all the way. I know when you pop the ball slightly on the right flipper to get it to move over a bit, it gives you a chance to backhand it. That seems to work better, but that method seems near impossible as well.

Both ghosts should drop down after the ball drains.

Right ramp fix https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/35#post-3456128

In the interim, try using Novus 1 on the ramp. I did this on my pro (along with waxing the playfield) an the ball zooms up the ramp.

#3093 2 years ago

Here you go..
Utilities/Resets/Reset Grand Champion and Reset High Scores
Junky

I just noticed the GB pro on route has all the high scores reset but the grand champion.

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

High scores (except GC) get reset after an amount of time. Mine just reset as well

That's odd... reset after a random amount of time. Wish I could reset all mine but gc now.

Goodbye 29 ls.

I am going to email stern to see if they know specifics.

1 week later
#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

How come sometimes when you complete Slimer it lights the first mode inserts and sometimes it doesn't? When they don't light, I feel like I have to hit the right orbit in order to start a mode.

It should light the next available mode to complete in each ladder which may or may not be the first one.

1 week later
#3228 2 years ago

Try a little bumper rubber on the outlane post. That should help with drains when nudging.

#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Has anyone tried these and how do the work as far as the drain goes. Not cheap and don't want to spend the money if they don't work to well
Thanks

I haven't tired those but you could get two of these for 50 cents if you can figure the size (which I haven't been able to do).

bumper rubber (resized).jpg

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my pic from my GB
must say i'm still with these, working OK for sure
may be if you'll go for this, dont cut the ring as me, better remove the steel lane and insert properly the rings...
and sorry cant say what size these are, i had a full stock of various sides
now, about the Yoyo mods, its good too
he's here on pinside and could told more about it... PM him may be
PS : btw, this was my 1st GB, the one with ghosting & clearcoat probs
and you can see the clearcoat bad quality at the plot at the outlanes, with the circle marked in it

I was looking for over 30 mins to find the source of that photo. lol

I was going to ask where you got if because I've tried some many versions/sizes from pinball life and none of them fit that well because that post is bigger than the others.

#3239 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, that's what I use.

Can you tell me the part number you bought and from where?

Thanks.

#3241 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

3/16 inch inside diameter from a ring kit.

Yea, I haven't found any that size on the inside. PL seems to only advertise the outside diameter.

I was trying not to buy a set that costs $30.

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i think you need one of the two smallest ones on the ring chart

The inside diameter is not big enough for the posts on the smaller sizes. That's the issue I was running into with the PL ones - none of them fitted properly.

I cut them to put them on and it leaves a gap around the post. I can turn them so the gap is in the back and they seem to function properly, it's just not a glove fit.

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

They stretch!

How hard is it to put them on the posts without cutting them?

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Just as an FYI, after removing the mylar I had a ball go through the right orbit that still didn't trigger that rollover target during a scene. It was another top speed shot, maybe it is ricocheting off the wall on the right as it nears the target and skipping over it? I've hit a few more top speed shots at it and it did trigger though, so I'm not sure.
Is there any kind of trick to hitting that right ramp on the Pro? It seems nearly impossible to time the flip properly.

I noticed my left flipper was more droopy then my right flipper and lower then the factory default. After I put it back to the factory default, that right ramp was much easier to hit. I would say check your flipper.

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

How exactly would I be able to tell if it isn't factory default? Sorry, new to pin ownership.

I used a picture I had as reference when the game was first setup.

#3284 2 years ago

Can someone explain how the gozer scene works and how to complete it?
Thanks

1 week later
#3316 2 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

quick question on the gozer mode... After hitting the right ramp then gozer, all four white arrows light up but hitting them just builds the gozer award. During this time gozer is not lit, but I assume if i hit her that's all I need to beat the mode? I've always nailed the lit arrows but never quite manage the second gozer hit (but it's hard to tell) as she is not flashing like she was during the first half of the mode. Am I missing something?
BTW just had an epic 9.9 billion stacking SFMB, MHMB, Psychokenetic while in the Spook central mode... good times forgot to mention the 6X obviously - no high scores without that ever

I believe after you hit all the flashing white arrow shots gozer will start flashing. I also believe it you hit gozer to complete the scene, all the next available scenes will light, i.e, you don't have to hit ghost and drop slimer.

I also verified what I read somewhere - probably here, If you have 6x pf lit and hit a skill shot, you get 6x and the same goes for tobin's 10% of your score. This would be super valuable if you're sitting on a massive score. It's not easy to pull it off but worth a shot for a 6b shot or more.

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Next fix is to figure out why the right orbit switch doesn't register when the ball is moving quickly.

The fix is to remove the mylar in the right orbit.

1 month later
#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just curious, what are some of your guys high scores on GB?

12b in the first few weeks I had it. Between 6-8b since. I reset all the high scores except gc. (29 looping supers)

2 months later
#3889 2 years ago

I'm working on installing my coin taker speaker light kit. The last step it to plug the power cable into the auxiliary power plug down the right hand side.

I don't see an auxiliary power plug? What am I missing?

(I do have a shaker installed)

Thanks

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Power.pdf
That is where the SPIKE Speaker Light Kit is meant to be plugged in. Of course I can't be sure what power cable / adapter were included with the kit that you have.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks. That was it. I did have the adapter to spike included.

1 week later
#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Going after ghosts seems to result in my best scores. Not sure why. That PKE shot is tough!

It always seems to be much easier after I wax that ramp (on the pro).

2 weeks later
#4047 2 years ago

Fwiw, gb added to pinball arcade

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Thanks! A big thanks. Book stacking is fine. The library ball gets stuck at the top. I thought it was a switch but I'll remove.

I had that issue which I just fixed. I had the airball protector screwed down too tight near the gate. Loosened it a tiny bit and all is well now.

1 month later
#4216 2 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

So I wanted to give it some time to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but the right orbit issue is absolutely still occurring on my GB Pro after removing the mylar up there. Most high speed clean shots into that orbit do not trigger the rollover. A rattling shot that dribbles up the orbit and into the bumper lanes will trigger it every time.

Do you have cliffys on the brothers drop targets?

3 weeks later
#4381 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Agreed.
I think if you can play with the power settings to get it to the right, that's the way to go. If that doesn't work and you're comfortable tinkering, bend the scoop a little.

Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go to the right flipper.

When you guys say it goes to the right flipper, do you let it dead bounce to the left flipper and trap it there? I have my power turned down - more then a dribble - and it shoot to the left flipper and I let it dead bounce to the right flipper and trap it there. Works perfect every time.

But that is also what my right scoop does - kicks to left and I trap it on right. I think I would prefer them to work identically opposite of each other.

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. On my game you can safely dead bounce the ball off the right flipper every time from the library scoop.

Thanks. That's what I am missing. Both my scoops dead bounce TO the right. I think I will look into adjusting the direction of the left scoop like was mentioned in some recent posts.

#4410 1 year ago
Quoted from billrz:

Has anyone had there spooked central countdown start at 22.5m instead of 15.25m ? It's only happened a few times in thousands of games, I have no idea how this happens though? Anybody ?? I own the premium Haven't seen it happen on the pro, but sure it has/does?

This has happened on my pro a handful of times. I thought it was related to hitting the right ramp really quick.

#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from tasman:

when I first got my pro you would get an extra ball after catching 30 ghosts and now it's up to extra ball at 42 ghosts, is this normal that it keeps going higher? Would like it to go back to 30!!

This is apparently normal and confused me too in the beginning. Mine was up to 59 at one point. I have it set to 50 now which is one of the settings.

#4487 1 year ago
Quoted from tasman:

where in the setting , can't seem to find where to change

Do you still need this?

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It is certainly a different beast than most other games.
I'm not crazy about the game, but my issue with it is code. I like the weird layout and shots. I'm hoping this code update will take it to the next level.

I wish there was a gate/diverter at the top of the right ramp on the pro so the ball doesn't come back down the ramp. Some of the weak shots that barely make it up the ramp don't have enough momentum to get over to the right side - even with nudging.

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from miga:

So if your multiplier in the display on the bottom left hand side (during PKE) is showing 5x and your PKE value is 100 million and you shoot the PKE ramp you should be getting 500 million for that shot?

I believe the listed jackpots(PKE and looping super) already include the PF multiplier values. So if your PKE jackpot is at 300m with 3x running, when the 3x expires, your jackpot would then be 100m.

#4571 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Looks like it's 8X the Super value. 7x8=56. It says 56m right there.

I think that is a coincidence.

Your PKE jackpot is 56m and your Super jackpot is 7.4m.

I am not sure where the 8x comes into play or what it means. It could be that during the PKE mode, you hit enough targets to get 8x the starting value of the PKE jackpot.

It's hard to look at the screen during PKE and MB. I never recall seeing any X PKE factor but I usually just glance at the jackpot amounts.

What I recall is starting PKE with say a 50M jackpot and then starting 3x PFM and the jackpot jumping to 150M. I am going to verify all this over the weekend.

I wish that the jackpot amounts would show on the DMD during MB and override all the other graphics like when the ball is bouncing around in the pops. I am hoping they change that in the new code. I also hate that when you start a ball you can't even see you score or what ball you're on.

#4602 1 year ago

Is this the sub you guys are talking about?

amazon.com link »

What happens if I have AS and GB hooked up to it and both are being played at the same time?

What else do I need to hook this stuff up? Just speaker wire? Anyone have a picture of their hookups or diagram? Thanks.

#4610 1 year ago

I recommend going bigger. Just my $.02

What would you recommend?

#4624 1 year ago

So if Ihave a 10 year old sub, would that work or shoulud I spend the $90 and get the new 10" one?

#4651 1 year ago

I wish I could see how I did this; last night I hit a super jackpot for 2.4b. I had 6x PF going and I assume it was also a triple super jackpot from dropping the Scoleri brothers. Even so, that means that the super jackpot amount would have had to be around 135m. I did have SFMB going for quite a while which could have built the jackpot - but 135m? I didn't even get to looping supers.

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Did you see it on the display during your game or afterwards in the high score roll? I think the high score roll shows the total of all scored superjackpots in the game (not really sure but if I look at mine it feels the same way you have it).

It popped up during the game when I hit the shot. The ball drained shortly after ending the game so I didn't get to see what the base jackpot was.

And since the super jackpot champion score is 2.4b and change, that might have been the only one I hit that game.

#4663 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

The final 2 shots (which I remember as spinner and right ramp) need to be hit in "quick" succession. Basically, the second shot is a hurry up. Need 2 Ghostbusters holding Slimer to set the trap. Theme integration!

I don't believe the shot sequence matters in this mode.

2 weeks later
#4695 1 year ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the Pro has a different problem that is just as annoying. the ramp is of course hard as hell to hit, but if you DO hit it dead on at speed, the ball will often jump over two of the sensors and only hit the third, and as a result register as a LEFT ramp hit instead of a RIGHT ramp hit. Super frustrating!

Ahh...I always thought that was a coding bug - hit right ramp and acts like left ramp hit.

I wish there was a gate on the right ramp to always direct the ball to the right side.

1 month later
#4754 1 year ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Does anyone have suggestions to get
the ball to feed cleanly to the left flipper after a plunge? Ours used to roll smoothly off the metal rail setting up a clean shot to the right loop or easy catch, but lately it comes down closer to the center of the loop feeding almost to the tip of the left flipper.
Can’t seem to figure out what’s causing this.
Thanks in advance!
Osh

Check to make sure your game is level. That was part of my problem. My ball is also hitting the scoop cliffy which is redirecting more towards sdtm.

1 month later
#4864 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I tried to check all connections under the playfield. There were some that were loose, so I tightened them up. Nothing fixed the issue yet.
In fact, neither gate, left or right, goes up. I can't hit an orbit shot from either orbit that goes all the way around. I thought maybe there was an adjustment that was turned off to not allow orbit shots or something... but I don't even see a test adjustment for either gate.
I'll probably give Stern a call when I get a chance later today.

Do your rollovers work in switch test mode?

#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Yes, both orbit rollovers work in switch test mode.

During game play and plunging the ball over the rollover you have confirmed your left gate does not open forcing the ball into P,K, or E?

1 week later
#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm with you. First it was after SW was at 1.0, now it's some time this summer. If it is in fact happening in the next 3 months I'm fine with that. I'm hoping that the wait is going to answer the two biggest gripes I hear. No simple (and low value) 2-ball for the newer players to get some thrills, and a better way to start modes if you miss the skill shot. I think a Slimer themed 2-ball MB would be really cool.

There have been MANY great ideas (on this thread) for things that would improve the game but I have a feeling Stern is going to fall short. Half of my gripes are from the DMD limitation and the information - or lack there of - you get while playing. This game would have been so much better with a LCD.

If they take just half the ideas from this thread it would be amazing.

6 months later
#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is the slimer suppose to drop all the way down to the playfield? Also when the target is hit to spell ghost, the lights are just flashing all the time. They dont stay lite one at a time.

It shouldn’t be dragging on the play field if that’s what you mean.

#5609 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Anyone ever hit a single jackpot shot this big? I have no clue how it happened lol! All I know is I had 6x going and no multiball
[quoted image]

I had a 2.4b one sometime during MB with 6x going. Only realized it after the game.

1 month later
#5702 11 months ago

To Stern: talk is cheap and your talk doesn’t get any cheaper.

Make GB rules as good as AS.

2 months later
#6000 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

It's your game so you can set it up how you like, but I wouldn't add a center post and/or longer flippers as I want to play the game (at least mostly) as the designers intended.

I would because I want to play a game that is fun and not frustrating as do all of my non pinball friends.

5 months later
#7207 76 days ago

Couple of bugs which hopefully get cleaned up. Love the change

#7341 73 days ago

Is it possible to have any multiball during looping supers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinden007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside