20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1712 7 years ago

I looked at my Ecto Goggles. But there is a plastic right in front of the display - i think it is numbered 75 - that should be sufficient to hold those airballs or is not?

#1714 7 years ago

You can just add an extra layer to that with lexan? I thinks for looks a better solution.

5 months later
#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

For the PCB LEDs, I'm going to try these colored filters. $3.17 shipped.
amazon.com link »

I just put some green transparant foil under that plastic. Looks great. Other option is to paint the bulb with some green glass paint.

1 week later
#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

I recently bought a ghostbusters pro. I added mods and wanted to share some pictures.

I hope you are happy with it. For me this is way to much....sorry.

3 months later
#3386 6 years ago

Is that easy to install? Can't find anything on that?

1 week later
#3441 6 years ago

I must say, that is one of the best mods I have seen in years. This really ads something to your game not just leds. Love this......I think they have a winner!

#3444 6 years ago

Question. I am preparing for a playfield swap but when I turn on the machine the flippers do not work nor the plunger and some other coils. Coils like the locked balls do work. What am I missing?

#3471 6 years ago

As the part is 3D printed it should be easily adjusted. Maybe mezelmods could provide the part files so you could 3D print it yourself.

2 months later
#3933 6 years ago

Well that installation is incorrect. If correct it will bounce, at least with mine, very happy with this post on mine.

2 weeks later
#4023 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Contact your distributor to receive the updated slimer mechanism. It works in a different way with different parts.

Yes the first have an open circuit and register when contact is made. Later, enhanced, ones are closed and register the shot when the contact opens. Much easier to setup. I have the new one, no problems since.

2 months later
#4285 6 years ago

+ 1 for an LE

#4292 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

I don't own a GB. I played on location for the first time last night. But was wanting to get some feedback from owners.
Never seen a silver ball fly so much on a single-level PF on such ordinary shots. Twice I sent a ball flying back the other way for a horrible airball drain. One time it went to the inlane and hopped over the separator from the outlane, drain. Then another one hit the left ramp post (I think, this happened fast) and flew over the wireform across the center PF, over the inlane and flipper and straight to the drain. At least this one let me shoot again. The flippers were strong, maybe too strong?
I also had the machine reboot while the ball was bouncing around in the jet bumpers, as if I had slamtilted. Now the table feels really light and wound up slide-saving a ball from the left outlane and got a tilt warning a few seconds earlier. Not sure if that had to do with something. I was just trying to nudge a bit when the legs moved with little resistance. But the table was stationary and the ball was in the jets when this happened. This was on a first ball so I lost my game and was actually starting to groove a little after some frustrating early drains.
I really want to like this thing. I can see how with some mods it can be a really good one. That right ramp looks really cool, is a fairly challenging shot, and my highlight of last night was hitting a perfect backhand through it. It also looks a lot better IRL than in pics. But overall my GB experience was underwhelming. At $1 a play I went through $7 in the space of 30 minutes. To be fair, it was my first live flip in at least a year, and I'm rusty. I lost a couple getting my bearings back, but after the first game maybe three or four balls were what I'd call my fault.

To be honest as an owner you have to do some adjustment but then it just plays great. I have airballs only in a few occasions. No hopping drains, no sdtm, only a lot of fun. I agree the linear code is somewhat frustrating but sometimes you have this great game. That is what you do it for. I do not think any operator will go to the level of adjustments a home owner would.

#4294 6 years ago

Most stdm happened direct from the top left exit of slimer target. It toke me a lot of leveling the machine to get it right. And a center post helps a lot

4 weeks later
#4533 6 years ago

the right one also starts scolari brothers

#4599 6 years ago

The JT signed playfields are a bit dubious now.....send them to premium owners...

#4609 6 years ago

Looks like that is already an altered Node Board.

1 week later
#4649 6 years ago

Hmm, GB Premium and Pro will run for some time. Even when they will stop most op the times they will announce it as they final run.
So there is no point on missing out. But when you look at the second hand market, these will pop up regular. With new titles coming out and most people with only limited room, these will pop up (I expect). And knowing Stern a vault edition or re-run after production has stopped is also likely.

I would not worry to much on missing out. Safe up some money en when a machine for the right price comes by, get it.

2 months later
#4784 5 years ago

Wow that are some freaking airballs. I have never seen that on my machine. Now I do not have the river of slime mod but the ball ending up there...no never. From where are these airballs coming? Not from the standup targets?

3 months later
#5128 5 years ago

I even removed that completely....never had a ball up there. I removed all hooks and things from the playfield, don't like them. That ramp is real orange!

1 week later
#5164 5 years ago

First, disable the scolari brothers and see if the problem is solved.

3 months later
#5613 5 years ago

not misaligned, that one is in your face. I swapped it with a less brighter version.

#5616 5 years ago

When GB started you had a 3d printed part that ensured the wireform was not bend. Later that was solved by Stern. The 3d printed part will block also the red light. I do not know if these are still available.

#5623 5 years ago

yep that is the part.

#5630 5 years ago

3 years already...still waiting on the final code.....

2 months later
#5833 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I got to that mode for the first time last night and noticed the same.

Maybe it only lights when you complete the mode?

1 month later
#6004 4 years ago

Also adjust the sidelane wires, just hammer them up a bit form below the playfield, it will prevent lane hopping.

2 months later
#6300 4 years ago

What a drama.....

4 weeks later
#6417 4 years ago

Today 30 months of no code, yeah! Or will they suprise us in the Stern of the Union today?

#6424 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

At least that is actual news.
Don’t think I could have taken another “remains on our schedule” post.

They will report this for coming 30 months

#6439 4 years ago

Come on Stern make Ghostbusters code Great!

2 weeks later
#6524 4 years ago

GB was my last new in box....I will not buy a Stern again untill code is finished. Just because I want them to take care. You can not deliver such an expensive machine without the proper code. They need to learn that. They fixed BM66 beacuse that was even more awfull, they fixed now GoT, I did not know if that had any issues. They will need to fix GB.

#6551 4 years ago

I do not know about random modes. Although I can not stand who brought the dog and we got one since I played those so many times, I think the linear approach follows the story the best. I would like to see when the mode times out or you do not make it, you have to start that damn slimmer again. There should be more ways to start a scene (next to skill shot) Also less scolari brothers, I see them way to much.

#6565 4 years ago

If GB is a keeper the stay puft is great. It is subtle but every time I see it, it just makes me smile...

#6577 4 years ago

Mine is not on a spring. Only the tiefighter is on a spring

#6628 4 years ago

The flipper switch when you hit the scolary brother ball.

#6635 4 years ago

Stern of the union tomorrow. Gb code update? Place your bets....

#6637 4 years ago

That's what my IJ says.....

#6647 4 years ago

GB code update...they got additional resources on it....additional resources.

Hope it is not the toilet lady.

3 weeks later
#6762 4 years ago

Each time I see a lot of posts I always think.....GB Code update......but no.....

#6835 4 years ago

Pro or Premium/LE. I have an LE and like it a lot. Premium is also ok, but I like the artwork on the LE better (especially the backglass), but that is just taste. On gameplay Pro in my opinion is a bit easier. Seems shots are just a bit easier. Wonder if that was just the pro I played vs my LE or every pro. Slimer is easier for sure as he does not wander over all the field and block your shots. Next to that I like the shaker, with multiball you are always in for something special. My LE needed a lot of finetuning before it played well but once setup, it is a great game with great features. Hope the code will bring some extra's.

2 weeks later
#7001 4 years ago

I am ready to believe the update is coming. Polished/cleaned my GB yesterday.....I am ready!

believ (resized).jpgbeliev (resized).jpg
#7019 4 years ago

I will backup 1.13 just in case we need to go back. But very excited for the rest. 3 years off waiting made me a bit grumpy

#7063 4 years ago

Is the librarian insert now used? I could not figure that out. The sound on flipper change with Mass Hysteria is very needed. Also are you a god mode looks great, see if we can get there. I like the comment form Swinks, are you a god mini mode start at play would be great fun. Also you finaly see what nr of balls you have left. All together a very needed update.

#7100 4 years ago

Now I need to get a colorDMD, this is one expensive upgrade from Stern.

#7105 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Unlike some games that I think don't really make a big diff with color (looking at you tron) - this one is HUGE. So much better in color. Similar to JP DE - another title that really looks so much better.

Yes Tron is a bit blue, the lightcycle animations are great. Just once you go ColorDMD, you have to do them all. So I have GB, Baywatch and T2 left to do, I am saving up for that, or have to sell a kidney GB will be the first to go color.

#7160 4 years ago

Stop posting in this forum, each time I see a lot of activity I think new code is here. I can not control myself anymore

1 week later
#7365 4 years ago

Hmmm, my game reset after reaching WCWS. Just total dark and nothing then reset. Also the left ball post in the left orbit is not always going down completely, so the ball gets stuck there. After ball search it pops up and then levels with the playfield. Need to see if that is mechanical.

#7402 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No one else that worked on the game has something personal on that level in the game.
I think the designer should have that personal touch stripped away considering what he did. I don't want to see a convicted felons cat in the game, he lost that privilege with the sick crime he committed.

I would say we also remove the flippergap, since that was his trademark! No one ever had such a personal flippergap in a game.

4 weeks later
#7618 4 years ago

I like that one, bought one myself to mod, but have an LE so there is no direct need. I like when there is not to much detail, since the rest in the machine is also a bit cartoony. I would not make it to realistic, it will just be out of place. With all mods is to look at the machine and see where things can blend in. The best mods are the ones that people think was done by the factory.

1 month later
#7800 4 years ago

Ok what am I doing wrong. Did the 1.17 code. Did the 4.2 color dmd
Some screens look strange with all colors. Some are not showing correct. Like the animations.

15770475900712798569963297225716 (resized).jpg15770475900712798569963297225716 (resized).jpg
#7801 4 years ago

strange, spooked librarian and dom't cross the streams is in grey only....so there must be something wrong with the file??

#7802 4 years ago

another issues I now had a few times. During SF multiball, the machine resets? COmplete blackout and reset. Running code 1.17. Anything wrong here?

#7806 4 years ago

I went back to the stern screen, with the red filter, and all is ok. So the code from stern is ok. And the cables look ok to. Only difference is the power. The colordmd LED one uses CN06 and teh Stern just the plug that is there. Could that make animations look noisy and interfere witht he colors on some screens?

#7807 4 years ago

Does any of you have code 1.16 for me to share,I would like to go back one version to see if SFMB is ok there. I have all kinds of versions from Delt31 and Mudflaps but would like to test with the original Stern code.

#7809 4 years ago

Running now 1.17 with normal screen. Will check again in the new year with the colordmd

2 weeks later
#7823 4 years ago

I always full plunge since I like to start the scene (skillshot) with the Who brought the dog shot. With full orbit it lands on the left flipper to make that shot.

1 week later
#7862 4 years ago

ok....that is......unussual

3 weeks later
#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

The fix in his video is for targets that doesn't go down. My problem is the left target won't stay up. But i think i will play around with the spring and see if i can change anything.
Another question:
When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered. I think there is only one switch on that ramp, right after the right turn. And if i test that switch in test mode, it's impossible for me to get the ball past the switch without it registering, no matter what i do (sliding it along both edges, center, "top" and bottom). The ball simply doesn't seem to be able to pass the switch without being registered. But in a game it happens! Very frustrating, as its quite an important shot.
Can it be a bad switch, and the speed alone that does it? Or what on earth could it be?

"When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered". Check the switch at the top of the ramp. It is a known issue that that switch does not register shots always, as they came out of the box. Just bend the switch leaf until it work, be careful!

#7908 4 years ago

You can test the switch off course in the menu. See if it always registers. Mine had problems right from the factory.

1 week later
#7962 4 years ago

really like that metro mod but can you see the PKI lanes at the top?

#7978 4 years ago

"Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with a hammer (behind each slingshot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
return lane protector, I pefer these... but in "clear" email ULEK he is on Pinside. https://www.ulekstore.com/Fluorescent_Blue_Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protectors_p/f_blue_protset_gb.htm"

That will not make the ball not jumping to the drain lane. You have to get under the playfield hammer the guide rod back a bit to get them higher. Otherwise the ball will hop in the outlane. These could also help - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

#7981 4 years ago

the gasket is a nice solution, I just used tape around the display to ensure no light bleed. I use polarizing filters on all my machines so its black enough

2 months later
#8321 3 years ago

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/pinball-specific/8223/ecto-goggle-protector-for-ghostbusters

I see unavailable but you can make a reservation maybe it will come soon.

#8323 3 years ago

Pro is a great game. Nothing wrong with that Premium and LE are different, I think a bit harder but also so much fun. I like the magna slings, like during multiball how 2 or even three bals cling up to just roll around. I do think the moving slimer is nice. Ecto googles are just eye candy. I also like the subway ramp. Only thing about this machine I do not like is the scolari brothers and the ball hopping over the inlines, but there are solutions for that. For the rest great game, sounds, call outs are the best. It has a midnight madness mode, it has the scream feature, is flippers that switch, it has it all.

4 weeks later
#8381 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just brought a pro in the house on a temporary trade for our Aerosmith pro. Already performed the 1.17 update and will be installing the Mudflaps update overnight so I can play it first thing.[quoted image]

No Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, ACDC, Metallica pin in there? Also you got the order of pins incorrect, the holy trinity must be preserved....AFM,MM,MB.

1 month later
#8460 3 years ago

Those scolari brothers look cool, but is it just lit up or will it pulse when they are under the playfield, would be a cool effect that they are living under there waiting to pop up.

#8466 3 years ago

Agree, color is awesome on this title.

#8474 3 years ago

Look there is no right or wrong here, LCD or LED. I like the LED, black is black and colors are beautiful. I do not mind I do not have other modes. I like pixels, I like the look and feel. Also like the perfect fit of the LED versus the LCD. But again if you fancy all the modes, you can go with LCD.

1 week later
#8526 3 years ago

I watched the GB2 movie yesterday for a bit. Such great call outs in that movie. Is anybody adding movie lines to the code?

3 weeks later
#8582 3 years ago

Yes a video will do, is that for a Pro of Premium/LE?

4 weeks later
#8651 3 years ago

Flippers with ridges (these are just a bit bigger), such a better game. I even removed the middle post. This is so good now, love this game!

GB (resized).jpgGB (resized).jpg
#8668 3 years ago

I do not normally mind a flippergap nor SDTM, I see enough of those on my CFTBL and BKSor. But on GB it just seems unfair. I do not know why but the game was frustrating. Now with new larger flipperbats this is all gone, shots are great, fast, and on the mark. I just love it like it is, yes I can change is back if I ever sell this machine, which will not be in the near future....Now please mod your machine all the way you like, and carry on flipping. I love to see pictures of unique things in here, get me inspired for my own machine.

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

For me, adding the carrots (purple adpins actually) dialed the game down from „frustrating“ to „very challenging“. Besides the drain, the carrots made the outer shots (sink holes and right ramp) actually manageable. I removed the center post mod and practice my aiming and nudging. This keeps the game challenging and interesting for a long time - and hopefully makes me a better player.[quoted image]

Same with me, removes the post and added $15 dollar carrot flippers. Made this game so much fun. Shots are fast and I can make all shots easily. I keep it as is, any future buyer of my game can put back the normal flippers if they want to. Not that my game is going anywhere soon, too much fun. Please do whatever you wnat to your game to dail it in, make it easier and just get the fun in. There is no right or wrong, no pure pinball religion. I am not a tournament player so will never have to compete on a GB in the wild.

Now pardon me, I have to catch some ghosts....

#8715 3 years ago

LED all the way here. Nice black levels, beautiful colors, best form factor, best brightness. I stayed close to the original on all my machines, I like the dots and their animations. But again you can't go wrong and each thier own.

#8727 3 years ago

you can use the 12v from the cabinet board on the left. Several vendors sell complete wiring kits for that.

#8735 3 years ago

That one is for the backbox, they also have one for the cabinet node board.

1 week later
#8761 3 years ago

It still is a great movie. Timeless

2 months later
#8959 3 years ago

I like the game a lot after the update. I added the bigger flippers and removed the mid post most people put in. The bigger flippers make a huge difference, powerwise and shot wise. The only really hard shot in is the right ramp (LE). Code wise I really like it a lot, only thing troubling me is the mandatory shot on the left ramp for Super Looping and PKE frenzy. When you just can't make that shot the mode keeps running and you can loose all balls in that mode. Also that mode is very dark, there are more modes in there that just are very dark or flashing a lot. For the rest, really like the call outs, the modes, the dots (colorDMD) the progress you can make also if you are not an 'GOD'. The selection of the god mode in the code. To get a lot of points you have to get deeper into the game. It is a world under glass, it is huge fun, art is great. Could have been a A+ but what machine out there is that.

#8961 3 years ago

And this is why I like my Gb so much. Got to the end mode today. Such a great machine.

20210103_155327 (resized).jpg20210103_155327 (resized).jpg
#8963 3 years ago

Made the speaker lights myself, just a strip of rob light on ir. Got some spacers for the speakers. Leds are wrapped around, it is actually 1 complete strip which runs behind the dmd. Where it is blacked out with electric tape. On 5v usb, which I have in the backbox, piggybacked on the power switch. So it will not use the machines power. Total cost around $5-7.

#8968 3 years ago

For all who want the cheap DIY Speakerlight version, here some pictures.
And yes it can be cleaner, and no you will not see a thing when you close the backbox

20210104_083225 (resized).jpg20210104_083225 (resized).jpg20210104_083231 (resized).jpg20210104_083231 (resized).jpg20210104_083236 (resized).jpg20210104_083236 (resized).jpg20210104_083243 (resized).jpg20210104_083243 (resized).jpg20210104_083245 (resized).jpg20210104_083245 (resized).jpg
#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Did you do anything special to hook up your Kenwood speakers?

No, just connect them.

#8973 3 years ago

I maybe incorrect but the settting - Adjust speaker balance - will not do left to right but backbox to cabinet. So set that on -5 it will increase cabinet speaker volume over the back box speaker volume. You can test that yourself.

1 week later
#9013 3 years ago

Made it to the end game, and even that went ok. Great game

20210103_155327 (resized).jpg20210103_155327 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#9082 3 years ago

You can keep 1 node board as spare. You set the number with the switches, so node 8 or 9. JP uses also the same all over. I had an issue with the nodeboard on my JP number 8, but was fixed under warranty. You can also swap nodeboards in the machine to see if the board is broke or something else. And yes, I have been thinking to order 1 spare, with a GB, JP, Elvira and BKSor in the collection.

2 months later
#9299 2 years ago

Set a different country code? Via the switches. What is it set? See the manual for which dip switch is for which country. USA should work.

1 month later
#9365 2 years ago

Added the 3d building and added one of the plastics to the back. Had to realign a bit due to my walking stay puft mod. But all fits now ok.

Love these, fit perfect. Blends in nice.

Thanks Sam.

20210622_181717 (resized).jpg20210622_181717 (resized).jpg20210622_181728 (resized).jpg20210622_181728 (resized).jpg20210622_181740 (resized).jpg20210622_181740 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9454 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

That’s awesome, a lot of games need these!

Never ever thought about needing this. Never noticed this is a problem.

#9473 2 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Finally have most of the parts needed to start on my topper today. Still need the ghost trap plastic and lens’ if anyone has a spare. [quoted image][quoted image]

you could use this - not cheap
https://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-3d-ghost-trap

The domes are just regular domes you can buy with any pinball parts shop
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8662-13

1 month later
#9633 2 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Couldn‘t agree more. I also have LED in al my machines.

Same here LED in all, the colors, the fit, the pitch black, the contrast, just way better in my opinion. I never liked the other options of the LCD and that they look grey. IJ looks stunning, GB also real nice colors, I have one on CFTBL also very good, even my Tron has one that one is not the best, almost all is blue in there. Limited use of colors, but fits the theme. But again I know there are fans of the LCD too.

2 weeks later
#9717 2 years ago

Any ideas for a great topper other than the Stern one.

2 weeks later
#9839 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulROwen:

That's the thing with Ghostbusters. At first it drives you mad, such a drain monster. Then, gradually you get into it and understand what's safe and what's not safe, and it just grows on you.

There are 2 things to do. In the outlanes the metal guiderails, you need to get them up. I used a hammer and screwdriver to get them up a bit from under the playfield. This drastically reduces the hopping towards the outlanes.
The other thing you can do is indeed the centerpost mod, personally I removed that and went with carrot flippers. These are a bit larger and add a super strong shot to your machine. Mine plays so well now, easy to get over a billion scores. One of the most fun games in my collection. And one of the few games in my collection where i reached the end game.

#9845 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Are these the flippers that swinks created? or are they off the shelf flippers?

Of the shelf
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-flipper-bat-with-ridges-yellow.html
Not to expensive and easy to do, If you do not like it you can always go back. I think you have to figure out what is working for you. My shots are all ok, no geo issues. My high score is 5.4. bil. so the shots are all ok.

1 month later
#9957 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

I've just picked up a Premium GB in as new condition, super excited to own this dream pin. What's the consensus among owners here? Where does this game rank among others you have owned/played?

When dailed in correct GB is just so much fun and a great machine. But again, only when dailed in correct. There are some adjustments to make.
Some I made:
- Highten metal outlanes, from underneath the playfield, hammer them slightly up.
- Close outlanes to minimum
- Larger flipper bats, or mid post option from pinball Universe
- Lower right PKE ramp, replace hex
- Airball protector on left ramp
- reverse slingshots rubbers (optional) for less slingshot action
- Replace all rubbers
- Find the perfect pitch

to add some more fun
- colorDMD
- Quiet fan
- Flipper Fidelity
- Alternative Movie code - with music
- Speaker lights
- Sideblades
- Some mods, firehouse, slime, ecto 1, buildings, terror dogs, all (optional)
- Color inserts
- Led strip in the back

#9960 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Great summary list!
Which other alt code is available? Which are you using currently? I have one installed, not sure that I recall the details but I find it just 'okay' music-wise. It seems rather quiet mostly but I seldom light the machine up so that could be it.

there have been 2 version that I know of, one from Delt31 and one from Mudflaps, do not know which I am running.

1 week later
#10041 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Officially joined the club today
[quoted image]

Welcome aboard Rookie....

2 weeks later
#10142 2 years ago

I have that same mod, can't remember this to be so difficult to setup. For sure I did not have to remove the popbumper buildings.

#10145 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I suppose if I had an 18" #1 Phillips long screwdriver I could have done something like that. Beyond that, you both leave me scratching my head.

Well it's in there. So maybe it was just tooling you did not have.

#10209 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Getting closer, one more revision and it should be done.[quoted image]

Nice, just building my own topper but then more the rooftop scene

#10212 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Dredging up the past: As I comb through 5 years worth of posts, I come onto these posts that talk of reversing the sling rubbers for the Premium and LE models. Supposedly you get better funky magnet action at the slings.
This is what the sling rubbers look like on mine.
[quoted image]
These posts say to reverse the sling rubbers to look like this. I have a Premium. Is this reversing the rubbers advise still valid? This is a worthwhile mod?
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

It's a 2 minute job, so try it yourself. Yes it does make a difference, if you like it it is up to you.

1 week later
#10254 2 years ago

The brackets are nice quite an expensive upgrade. I just used colored filters underneat and taped them to the playfield. Looks very good! I do this with all my machines where I want some color in the inserts. ColorDMD is a must, as is a solution for the flippers, can be a middle post or longer flippers. I used longer flippers and love my machine since. Super strong shots and great to play.

#10261 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Yeah, although cool, those looked super pricey! Where do you get your filters?

Well I am in Europe so here is a european site. But guess you can find these anywhere in the world. Lee Filters.

https://www.thomann.de/nl/lee_farbfolien_katalog.htm?glp=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATHyweSkKGMAtamHiYYIB99GjncDnuuM8XzRZMPazGM0DqhTkYJjCIYaAs8lEALw_wcB

3 months later
#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Does anyone know where these blue "rebound blades?" can be bought? These look like they are going to be a high wear item.
Thanks.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These look fine, Just clean them.

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.

I'm thinking long term of what to stock up on that might not be available someday.

Nah those are generic parts, dont expect those to be unobtainable. Also I never changed that part in over 7 years in this hobby owning 8 machines.

1 month later
#10893 1 year ago

Great topper

2 months later
#11004 1 year ago

led here all the way, huge fan of the dots, do not like those upscaling modes. Formfactor and black levels are great. But this debate is as old as colordmd announced LED displays.

#11026 1 year ago

On the brightness of the Led colordmd. I use a polarizing filter for all these displays to limit glare. And this also reduces the brightness and gets you awesome black levels. For me the way to go. The lcd always seems grey and washed out to me.

2 months later
#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My slings rarely cause a drain. My friends GB is much more brutal.

That depends on the position of the slingshot rubber. There are two positions. One is on top of the rubber rings one is below. Just switch positions to see what is working best for you. There have been posts about his in the past.

1 month later
#11321 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

I might, as for right now im still trying to perfect the design and some code. Also, Puft only walks whenever the LED inside him is triggered for a specific amount of time. This is done through a photoresistor. Currently he only walks once during storage facility lock (meaning the servo will go right-left-center), and forever during staypuft mode until the mode is finished. Main problem im having right now is that he shakes a bit too much during walking sequence.
If im happy with the outcome i will update here

I have one from I think Mezelmods. That is triggered on the Lock light. But only work when lock is lit not when it is flashing.
A photoristor is a difficult solution since the environment is different in each gameroom and you get interference from surrounding leds. Better to use the signal from a light directly. Are you using arduino for this?

2 months later
#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's official, boys and girls. I did a switch test and my left magna sling is deader than the proverbial door nail.
1) I have lifted the play field and the magna coil is plugged in.

I would start to see if the switches are not closed all the time. So the leaves must not touch eachother otherwise the sling will just shut off. Your switch test showed that there was no response there. So start there.

8 months later
#12162 4 months ago

oh nice, love a new ghostbusters movie

1 month later
#12256 73 days ago

Seems some new guys here trying to get their GB dailed in. Without going back in this thread like 5 years, here are some things to get you going.
- Get larger flippers (carrot) or ridged flipper bats (marco has these). These are $7 so no run to the bank needed. Instal these is easy and cheap. Makes a huge difference, much stronger shots (is that cheating?) You can always go back. There is the middle post set, I had that first but the ridged bats are in my opinion much better. See my post #8651
- To prevent ball hops, lift you playfield and take a small screwdriver or piercer. Hit the outlane guides from below with the screwdriver and hammer them a bit up. Not to much take it easy. In your units that would be 0,04 inch? So take it easy. I did that 5 years ago and no ball hops since the guide hits the ball higher.
- If you want more action on the magna slings, just change the height of the sling. The slings have a large ring and just a small ring. Changing the order (top or bottom) changes the effect of the magna slings. Easy change to test.
- The right ramp can be lowered with a smaller Hex screw. Just a tad smaller than the original one lowers the ramp and makes that shot much easier.
- You need the airball plastic, buy or make that yourself. But you need that!
- Replace the Scolari Brother springs with stronger ones. To make sure these come down ones hit.

for more fun
- ColorDMD
- Walking Staypuft
- Firehouse mod
- River of slime mod
just go crazy the way you like it.

1 week later
#12292 61 days ago
Quoted from Zooski:

Just purchased a GB Premium! I’m super excited! Any must have mods or tips???

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/246#post-7958982

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 49.99
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=peterg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.