IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8160 4 years ago

I'll be joining the club soon and excited to be snagging a nice GB Premium later this coming week via a trade. It's already coming with a colorDMD, PDI glass, the left ramp airball plastic, and the plastics for above the outlanes to help prevent ball jump drains over the lanes. I've been doing a bunch of research on other popular mods and had a few questions for the group and would appreciate some opinions:

1) Which is the best mirror mod so you can better see the PKE lanes? I've noticed they laserriific and mezelmods both make one.

2) Can anyone share a pic of the Walter Peck containment mod installed?

3) Has anyone bought one of those ecto 1 Playmobil toys or something like it to make a topper? Would love pics and recommendations on which one to buy

4) Any other must have mods?

5) Thoughts on the custom audio?

Thanks!

#8168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Never seen that one before, thats a good one!
Personally Ive never had an issue seeing them as stock, but that is the mod I would certainly get if I had an issue.

freddy and others, really appreciate the recommendations and pics! For those of you that installed the Walter Peck containment mod, how did you mount and light it?

Olaa - Which ecto 1 is that? I'm trying to find a reasonably priced one that is the right size for a topper.

Do most folks run the custom audio code package from @mudflap?

Thanks!

1 week later
#8191 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the custom audio from either delts or mudflaps? I have a premium and curious to hear people's thoughts? What are the differences?

#8202 3 years ago

I uploaded the custom audio package (1.17) from mudflaps and it erased my high scores and erased my settings...bummer. Anyways, I'm now noticing something about mode progression that I feel wasn't there before and wanted to make sure that perhaps a setting went back to default that I now need to change. Before, I could have sworn that you needed to complete a mode before moving onto the next one. Now, it seems as if the mode is automatically being completed once you drain and it tallies the points for the mode as part of the drain sequence. Am I crazy, or do you normally have to complete a mode and, if you drain, that same mode is still active at the start of the next ball?? I'm I'm correct, then are there settings that I just need to go in and change?

#8204 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

That is the new default...you can change it back in the settings.

Appreciate the confirmation, but I couldn't find the correct settings and was hoping someone could point me in the correct direction.

#8208 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Thank you kindly. Any differences other than music?

There might be some additional callouts. Ultimately, I've decided after a week to revert back to the original Stern code as I miss some of the music and it's more well-balanced. Just my opinion, but love things like the librarian mode music and others that have been changed and miss the original. I'm sure a lot of work went into this custom audio code and the one Delts did, I just prefer the original in this case. I wish I could pick and choose from both versions what new things to add and what original things to retain. I don't have time to mess around with Pinbrowser and appreciate that others have the time and the skill to do so!

#8232 3 years ago

Anyone have any experience with this mod? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

Curious if anyone has installed them and their thoughts.

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Yes, total game changer for me. Without them I felt I never had a chance if the ball went in the direction of the outlanes. With them on I feel like it’s a 50/50 shot and more balanced. I can go further on one ball now. I would definitely buy them again.

I appreciate the feedback!

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I AM A GOD!!!!! I have gotten to this mode a few times, but today I finally made all the shots and got to the 60 second or so unlimited multiball. Ended up getting 3.6 Billion on this. Didn't get close to my high score, but was nice to finally make all the shots needed.l

I recently snagged a GP Premium in trade and got to God Mode on Saturday and beat it! I was definitely pumped when I got there and the victory laps unlimited multiball at the end was really fun. Ended up with 4.6 billion! Really digging this game and I'm still amazed at how much I didn't like GB at various locations before the major code update and then how much I started to love it with the new code. Also pretty blown away by the differences between the pro and the premium since newer sterns, on average, don't have this many differences between the two versions.

2 weeks later
#8312 3 years ago

Threw together a topper over the weekend that I think came out pretty nice and was cheap to make.

IMG_20200515_202130 (resized).jpgIMG_20200515_202130 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

That looks amazing, per3per3. Where did you get the plates from, and are they mounted on a stand?

Thanks! I got the plates from amazon and they were pretty cheap. The ghostbusters plastic came from the factory goodie bag. I mounted the plates using one small block of wood each with 3M double-sided tape. One strip of tape secures the plate to the wood, and another securing the wood to the top of the backbox. For the plastic, I also have a small piece of wood jammed behind the ghostbusters lettering which helps add some rigidity/stability to it, while also allowing for a surface to affix it to the top of the backbox. If you need close-up pics, PM me and I can hook you up. I considered adding some comet matrix lighting to backlight it, but ultimately decided it was necessary.

1 week later
#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As others have said, this is just the switch. Bend the arm up a little more so it makes a more definitive close when the ball's in the scoop and your problem's solved.

On mine, one of the two small screws that holds the switch in position came loose. I would suggest checking that both screws are tight for that switch housing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 103.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.