IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Premium on order. So many cool and interactive toys

#38 8 years ago

Time to hype this release some more, lol.

I honesty think Ghostbusters pinball has the potential to be a top 10, heck probably top 5, pin. All of be right pieces are in place for this to happen.

For one we have a unique layout offering not just a lot of shots but a variety of unique shots. There are two scoop shots, drop target shots, two ramp shots, orbit shots, inner orbit shot, captive ball shots, etc.

Two. The toys Oh how Stern has clearly upped their game with this release when it comes to interactive toys. The toys in the premium / LE version are not just for show or are bash targets but rather are unique and interactive. We all know what they are and I can honestly say I've never seen another Stern pin with as many interactive toys as GB has. Magnetic slings, steel ramp that drops under playfield into a physical ball lock that is integrated with a VUK, Ecto Goggles toy, moving Slimer toy, etc. All of the main toys on the premium / LE are truly innovative.

Three, the artwork. Amazing and beautiful. One of Sterns best artwork offerings. Thank you ZombiYeti!

Four, a deep progression based ruleset. 9 interesting and unique scene modes that requires the player to work the playfield (not just hitting the same shot over and over again). I've also heard from Dwight that there are 5 multiballs in the game.

Five, proper licensing + original music. Stern nailed the licensing package with this game. There will be custom callouts from Ernie Hudson, the actors voices / likeness can be used, and the original theme song is in the game. Also, according to Dwight there will be 30 original tracks in the game plus 3 variations of the main theme (1 for each ball)

Six, charm + comedy. Not many pinball themes offer this and some of those that do (Attack from Mars, Medevial Madness, Monster Bash) are some of the best of all time. There are so many comedic elements to Ghostbusters that will make the pinball machine just a joy and fun time to play.

Get hyped!!!!

1 week later
#226 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It just says "captive ball" so I would guess just the center captive ball will effect this mode.

I'm wondering if the change is only for Mass Hysteria MB or for any mode in the game? The entry written in the change log makes it sound like reverse flippers can happen at any point in the game.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Update complete. Smooth, no issues. Updates node board after the power cycle, so have your coin door closed.
I can confirm, hitting the captive ball does not reverse flippers in normal play. I assume that is only during Mass Hysteria.

Thanks! Forget my last post, lol.

3 weeks later
#531 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you mean the way it's processed in with the rest of the audio, it's decent, but very lacking in quantity. He starts the ball, calls you a name, chimes in rarely, talks some shiz when you tilt.
The fun-nes (?) of the quotes themselves is utterly horrible. Truly bottom of the barrel. This is 1.4 code

I think Erinie did a pretty good job overall, I just wish there was more variety with his call outs. The quality of the callouts are far better then the Karl Urban callouts as Stern had Ernie record them in an actual studio versus over the phone with Karl...(read that a while back on here).

Are some of them cheesy as others have said? Yes. In Pinball Browser I've heard a "Smoke em if ya got em" Ernie callout, lol.

1 week later
#665 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

In preperation for my Premium I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a few MODS now. However, I question the need for certain MODS when Stern hasn't even sent out any Prems yet.
Does anyone think the ball bouncing out/over the return lanes will be resolved at the factory? Also, what about the MOD springs for the Scoleri Brothers drop targets? Seems a pretty easy fix at the factory to me.

I thought I read a week or so ago that Stern has already corrected the outlane issue by raising them slightly on pros going forward. With premiums not even on the line yet I would think that fix will be in the game.

9 months later
#2633 7 years ago

I'm going to finally order a Ghostbusters Premium. Game looks very cool and it appears that a good number of issues, especially playfield related, have been worked out.

Also, a friend of mine messaged Stern on Facebook the other day and asked if any more code updates for Ghostbusters are coming. They said "yes!".

#2635 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

PanzerFreak you are not going to be sorry I promise you. You are getting the coolest damn pinball machine that you have ever played imo. Congrats man, that's awesome! Get Art to send you a air ball protector and lane guide protectors or sling protectors (whatever he calls them) like right now and hopefully you will get them before you get your game. They are very professional looking and they look like they are factory.

Thanks for the tips, will do!

#2648 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just bought a premium from a distributor and they are going to ship it tomorrow.
after seeing all this stuff about ghosting inserts it starting to make me second guess the purchase.
is this something that has been fixed? or am I taking a gamble?
is there a certain date that stern started making them right?
if so I'll probably go with dialed in or something.

I'm also ordering a GB Premium and have waited a year to do so because of the playfield issues. For several months now there has been steady reports of playfields with no issues. I now feel comfortable purchasing the game. Still, I'm now reading that some people are having issues with the one way gate on the left orbit of the game?

Also, as others have said purchase Arts airball protector plastic.

#2659 7 years ago

Would anyone recommend installing a full playfield protector on new Ghostbusters Premium? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra expense and time investment. I won't have my game for at least a couple weeks.

#2690 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Even though I wouldn't buy one, I do think the GB topper is the best one Stern has done to date. The one for KISS is pretty darn cool as well.

Agree. So many other Stern toppers just duplicate something that is already on the playfield but to a larger scale. The Ghostbusters topper is truly unique and replicates one of the most iconic pieces on the Ecto-1.

I think the price is what turns a lot of people off considering that their are no actual rotating beacons in the topper (just simulated) and there is not a functioning siren.

I'll probably buy one eventually if it's integration is expanded with a future code update.

#2696 7 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Up in post #2673 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/54#post-3694450), I noticed the inserts are different colors, not the original white flashers. Cool look!

Those do look cool. Does anyone what bulb socket type the mode ladder inserts use? I haven't received my game yet but may order some colored LED'S for those inserts.

#2698 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

You will have to remove a lot of stuff to put it on. with that said, some people love , others say they would not use them.
Pro's protects the playfield
Con's they can get scratched and need to replaced after X plays. (no idea how long) .
If I had a time machine , I think I would put one on. The cost is fair, the amount stuff you need to remove & replace?
I'm not crazy about that.
Now here is one that looks like you won't have to take off too much from the back from pinballlife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4461
The flippers, slings, all have to come off and then it goes over slimer or the city, not sure what the back square lines up to..
I would say do it...
Worst case scenario, you take it off and don't replace it in a few years.
Best case scenario, you use it for years & years and your playfield looks awesome.

Thanks for the tips. The pinball life protector looks nice as like you said you don't have to remove as much. The protector must stop at the orbits, I wonder if the protector would lift up near the edge as the ball rolls over it from orbit shots?

There's also this one which is a full playfield protector.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/58joTtBkSk2BFnxLz17wyw?catgoryid=22&name=Playfield%20Protector%20Ghostbusters%20(Premium)%20%7C%202016

Update: nevermind, looks like the Pinball Life protector is a full protector as well.

#2717 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I just got my machine a couple of days ago and have been busy installing all the mods I purchased ahead of time. The game is cool as it is but once you start upgrading sound, leds, topper, etc.. it really transforms the game. Ive onkly played 5-6 games so far but I think the slimers behaves the same way.

Damn does that game look good! Congrats. I'll be ordering a premium in another week or two. How do you like the topper so far?

#2731 7 years ago

Interested in knowing as well. I didn't realize that most light mods get powered from the LED node boards. I ordered the left and right LED scoop mods from mezel for my game. If I'm only going to be running these two light mods should I be ok?

#2739 7 years ago

In terms of how modes are played is there an option to enable the next mode to automatically start when one is completed as well as an option to force the player to hit a mode start shot for the next mode? I think I may have seen both options in gameplay videos but I'm not sure which one is default.

#2791 7 years ago

Wow...sorry to hear that is happening to your game. This is BS that this is evening happening on new games. Has your distributor said anything about taking care of the issue?

#2823 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

You can add mine to the list, HUO, never moved after install a week ago, no shaker, legs are not over-tightened. waiting to see what JJ@game exchange/stern does before I start my gripes. heh. True, we don't know if the problem is wide spread yet, but at the very least, it's concerning. If I were considering buying one now, I would at least like to know so I could ask more questions before purchasing.

I was planning to order a Ghostbusters premium this week but then heard about the cabinet issues. I called Stern to ask about the issue and if I should wait a month or two to order. I was quickly told there is no issue with cabinets and that every once in a while one doesn't get enough glue...There are now too many people reporting the problem for it to be just a one off issue.

4 weeks later
#3024 6 years ago

Finally decided to join the club. Almost joined the Aerosmith club but the distributor I was going to go through was taking a long time to get back with me which made me feel uncomfortable.

I talked to my wife and friends to get their thoughts on both games and decided to go with a GB Premium. I was honsetly to the point of writing a list of pros and cons for both games as I couldn't decide, lol. I ordered the game from CoinTaker and it's shipping out today. According to CoinTaker the game was made about 3 weeks ago.

GB Premium has some of the coolest toys I've seen in a pinball machine so it's hard to pass up. I know some people knock it for being difficult but I welcome the challenge and have no plans to add a center post or make any lane modifications.

I have the airball protector for the ramp. Is the Ecto Goggles protector really necessary if the ramp airball protector is on the game?

#3034 6 years ago

Has anyone installed the Lasseriffic backboard LED mod? It looks pretty cool. I already have two single LED scoop mods from Mezel Mods. I'm wondering with the backboard mod (6 LED's) and the 2 scoop LED mods if it would be drawing too much more from the game? I read some concerns about drawing additional power from node boards.

http://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-backboard-lighting-kit

#3068 6 years ago

Received my NIB Ghostbusters Premium yesterday! Build date is 3-25-17, playfield 2-20-17. Cabinet looks great but I still installed the Williams brackets for it.

Only issue I had was with a portion of the left outlane area, part of the left orbit and all under the apron of the game having a residue left on the playfield. The area did not feel smooth like the rest of the playfield but rough. Visually it looked the same. I used Novus 2, buffed it like crazy and now it's fine like the rest of the game. Maybe dried wax?

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not sure what that was, but I don't think they wax them at the factory.

Some guys are thinking maybe it was clear over spray? Whatever it was I'm glad it buffed out, Novus saves the day again.

#3109 6 years ago

Does anyone know if it's normal on the premium for one side of magna sling flasher inserts to remain lit at times?

I've only played a couples games as I've been installing mods / protectors but have seen this occur a couple times after the magna slings activate. Once the ball drains the lights do go out and I think during gameplay I saw them go out when the magna slings were activated again (can't recall for sure).

#3111 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount of hits, they stay lit - and when they're lit, that means they're gonna do trickster magnet stuff with the ball. So if one sling got hit more than the other, that particular sling will stay lit to let you know it's goofy time.

Ah ok! Makes sense. Thank you! That's cool Dwight coded that in.

#3112 6 years ago

Finally had a chance to play a good 10 games tonight on my new premium after a few hours of installing mods, flipper button protectors, Williams leg plates, shooter lane cliffy, mylar in shooter lane, Pinnovators sub adapter, lighter speaker kit, and then cleaning / waxing the playfield. Still need to install the official art blades but they are on the way.

Wow, what a fun game! The game is super fast and tough as nails. Audio quality is very nice and the Pinnovators subwoofer kit combined with a 10" Polk sub sound awesome. I really like all of the skill shot options, I never understood them until I took some time and went through them tonight.

Everything mechanically is working great out of the box. The magna slings are very cool and seem responsive. The magna slings and subway ramp are both really unique features to have on a pinball machine that I've never seen before. Very happy to have added this game to my collection.

3 months later
#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Well, from what I've read, the full wizard mode (not there yet) isn't complete, and other known issues. why would they not complete it? Aggravating.

Agree. The game is not complete and needs to be finished.

1 week later
#3710 6 years ago

Really hope we get another code update in the near future that adds to gameplay. The theme and game deserve it! Hoping an "Are You a God" super wizard mode makes it into the game as that is the coolest name ever for a super wizard mode, lol.

2 weeks later
#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

"IF I revisit Ghostbusters..." Really Dwight?
The game isn't finished. How can you consider it complete without the final wizard mode?

It's disappointing that "if" was instead of "when". For $5k-$8k owners expect a complete game with bug fixes and deep as well as unique code. With the current bugs, scoring issues and lack of an "Are you a God" wizard mode the game isn't complete.

Many pins could be so much better if only the proper code support was given. Sadly Stern loves to pump and then dump most of their games. Stern puts so much time and energy into revealing a game, doing video web docs, talking about accessories, etc all to sell a ton of games early on but as soon as the next game is announced it's silence about the last one.

Everyone here should ask Stern on their Facebook page when the next code update for Ghosbusters is coming. Keep pressing them.

2 weeks later
#3903 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they said that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

1 month later
#4112 6 years ago

From Stern's November "Stern of the Union Address". It's nice how games with code in development have notes next to them with what is be worked on.

"Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters."

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

5 months later
#4776 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm thinking of selling my Ghostbusters Pro. HUO. With airball saver. No other mods.
What's a good starting price?

$5k-$5200 as a starting price.

5 months later
#5323 5 years ago

Hi guys,

Today I noticed that about half of the LED light boards are out on my Ghostbusters premium. I've checked connections underneath the playfield and everything seems good. Is it possible that a node board went out? I also reinstalled the latest update and that didn't correct the issue. It seems that all of the upper playfield LED's are out. All flashers work expect for the containment facility which and the flasher between the pops.

Any suggestions?
20180930_201212 (resized).jpg20180930_201212 (resized).jpg

#5324 5 years ago

I pressed on a few connections under the game and all of a sudden everything was back. I started playing again and the same group of lights all went off again. Weird. I'm going to open a tech thread for the issue just in case any owners with other Spike games have seen this issue.

Update: It was a bad solder joint, fixed!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-out-on-ghostbusters

2 weeks later
#5352 5 years ago

An email from ColorDMD regarding their next release was sent out today! Looks pretty cool. I sure hope this doesn't mean that a larger code update from Stern isn't in the works and is still coming. Either way it will be nice to have a ColorDMD in the game.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG
Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#5408 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

How can they do this? I thought LE stuff is supposed to be impossible to get unless you go through stern and send the faulty back. Next you'll tell me you can buy the backglass. Really the cab and backglass distinguish it from a premium. The rest is easily reproduced. Maybe I'll start buying premiums instead of le's and buy from Marco and mislead buyers when i sell them. Not good in my opinion.

It's just the LE head decals being sold, no side art. Still, should have to go directly through your distributor and provide your games serial number.

#5421 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In that video, he talks about Ghostbusters update starting at almost exactly the 1 hour mark:
"Some games we have to pay more attention to because they went out in a greater state of disrepair [understatement of the YEAR]. Ghostbusters has an insert that doesn't do as much as it should [that's one way to say it - it actually doesn't do anything at all]. And it has a hint of a mode on the instruction card that could be more complete [The "Are you a God" mode is in fact completely missing still]. It also needs some polish...and it needs a few other things. It is one of the most popular games...we've sold a lot of them. I think people like to play it. It's done pretty well everywhere. So I have to make the difficult decision sometimes...for the greater good. And the decision is, I need that developer working on the [incomplete] game that he's gonna release soon [or it will be more incomplete], and then MAYBE we can put him on to Ghostbusters.
I think we're getting much better at shipping you things that are "pretty complete". I think Deadpool went out in pretty good shape. I think Iron Maiden went out in pretty good shape. Batman will soon hopefully be complete. It turned out to be everything we promised it would be."
Oh, Gomez.
He completely glosses over the fact that Batman '66 took almost exactly TWO YEARS to get close to being done and wasn't worked on at all for the better part of one of those years. Cesspool was not shipped in good shape and is still pretty marginal game-wise, so only Iron Maiden gets the thumbs-up on software quality and completeness at launch, and that's likely because Keith had done most of the heavy lifting before they reskinned it so they had more time for the software part.
From the way he's talking about Ghostbusters being low project on the totem pole, it sounds like next Spring or Summer AT THE EARLIEST. Maybe that's because in addition to the extensive bugfixes and polish needed, they need to add a whole Wizard mode that's just not there at all and they know expectations two years down the road are high.

Thank you for sharing the notes! The wait has undeniably sucked for the next Ghostbusters update. Even Gomez admits that its one of their most popular games. PUT THE RESOURCES ON THE GAME STERN! The only good thing is that we now know that Stern has admitted that the games code is incomplete from a mode perceptive (Are You a God is coming), and it sounds like a lot of polish is coming. These are all good things despite the terribly long wait as we now know that the update won't be a simple bug fix update.

Stern's next "State of the Stern" address is this coming Tuesday where we will learn the state of the upcoming KISS update. I can see the KISS update taking the rest of the year with the holidays coming up. A substantial Ghostbusters update by next spring sounds likely...

#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That game has been getting constant updates since release. It basically has a dedicated coder, like IM, like BM66.
It’s sad when ColorDMD openly stalled for a very long time because they don’t like to put those out for unfinished games. I don’t know when they started saying GB wasn’t happening until it’s done, but I bet code was at 1.13 at that time.

I read in another thread that it took the last 2 years to do the work for the Ghostbusters ColorDMD.

#5436 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has abandoned code before, but I expected GB would at least get a bug polish, even if they never added the "Are you a God" wizard mode. There are too many annoying bugs not to (overlapping modes that sometimes make a mode unfinishable, random champion scores that have no basis in reality, etc). It just sucks that because it's still selling Stern would rather waste time on their dumpster fire games before they fix Ghostbusters, so another 6-9 month wait, at least.

The good news is that we know an update is coming and have Gomez on record saying what is missing from the game. Those items need to be added. There's no excuse for it if they don't. If Stern doesn't properly complete the games code then for me Ghostbusters is the last new game I'll ever buy from them. Such an iconic theme and loaded pin deserves to have its code finished.

#5442 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t you own Stern Star Wars ?

Lol, yeah, I bought that game used from the original owner and was pleased with the pace of the updates for the game. Code support for Star Wars has been stellar and the game feels very complete. I hope the same thing happens for Ghostbusters, which I bought new. I bought my Star Wars LE less then 2 months after Stern put out their October 2017 "Stern of the Union Address"...ugh.

#5447 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

the problem seems to lay with Dwight as Games of Thrones, Star Wars and Ghostbusters all await code updates (maybe GoT is complete) he should be able to do another game until he finishes these 2-3
I still enjoy the game and hope for a few special features to make it awesome.
You would also think finishing the game and making it awesome would increase the sales even more....

I would think that both Game of Thrones and Star Wars are complete at this point. Sounds like the Ghostbusters update has been delayed until Dwights next game is released...

2 weeks later
#5515 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I have an LE.How would they work out regarding magna slings ?

They should work great. I've been using Ball Baron Ninja Chromes in my Dialed In and that game has 5 magnets. If the balls ever do become magnetized I'll swap them out for the same ball. Best ball in pinball in my opinion.

#5541 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I can see that happening, but in what order...GoT first or GB?

Better be GB first at this point. Ghostbusters code needs a lot of work. I think GOT code is likely done at this point, maybe some bug fixes down the road.

1 month later
#5685 5 years ago

Below are some notes I took regarding Ghostbusters code from the new Head2Head Pinball podcast interview with Dwight. Good stuff.

1. Highest item on Dwight's list for Ghostbusters is to do something about the game being too messy, said too many things stack. Would like to see Loopin Supers played on it's own and not stacked with other modes, should be a moment type mode to get to

2. Library insert - was never intended to be a feature or mode (used as indicator to shoot for in Librian mode) but will now get it's own little rule

3. Are you a God? - First off Dwight said yes he is (good answer lol), never meant to be part of 1.0, putting Are You a God on instruction card was a mistake, doesn't know if it will happen...

4. We Came We Saw - could be more polished, should be worth more and be more interesting

Dwight also went into how he will have more time after Munsters to work on other stuff. He said that it took Stern a long time to get to where they are at today. Mentioned how working on Spike revisions impacted code updates and how George Gomez has worked on hiring more programmers. According to Dwight Stern now has 9 in house programmers and 3 external. Programming staff used to be spread too thin but now is better. Finally he mentioned that programmers now get time after a release to work on other stuff and that he will get that time after Munsters.

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I literally just came upstairs from playing a game where I got Loopin Supers during multiball. In my opinion, it completely takes all the fun out of the mode when this happens, so I'm glad to he hear Dwight is planning on addressing this. Coincidentally, I started PKE Frenzy during my second multiball. I'd also prefer if this couldn't be stacked either. Some people may like the ability to stack them, though, so ideally there should be an option in the menu for both of them.

I would interpret this as it absolutely will never happen.

Yeah the Are You a God comment was a bummer. That is an advertised feature on a game that people paid thousands of dollars for it. It should and needs to be in the game.

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

It sounded to me like the community is putting him on watch regarding the "Are you a god" mode. It sounded to me like he regrets the idea because it is leading to more work. The card clearly puts it as a mode. I bet plenty of people would be upset if it just never happened.

Seeing "Are You a God" on the rulescard first made me think "Wow, what a cool name for a super wizard mode, that's perfect". If it doesn't get added it will forever be a glaring reminder that Stern didn't keep their word and opens the door to people questioning whether or not Stern will do something similar in the future. Personally if it doesn't get added I'll likely never buy a NIB Stern again.

Gomez referred to "Are You a God" as missing from the game at Expo so I hope he would push to have it added.

#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

New Ghostbusters Movie coming in 2020
Directed by Jason Reitman
Wow
This is epic news!!
I sense a Ghostbusters Vault coming our way next year.
There is finally hope for Code updates
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/amp/

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

1 month later
#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The Read Me says 1.13 is from January 2017.

Over two years now since the last code update! Completely ridiculous and unacceptable. I wonder if the final code update will even come out by this summer?

#5810 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Stern is pretty good about supporting at least the successful games, and GB was very successful. I think our day is coming soon.
Love your handle BTW. Scorponok was always cooler than that big doof Fortress Maximus.

Its KISS all over again. Stern finally finished KISS code but I believe it took them over 2 years. Hopefully once Dwight finishes Munster code he can work on Ghostbusters. Here's also hoping it's a massive code update.

1 week later
#5852 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

#NoMoreDwight games for me.

Dwight seems like a great guy but 2 years since the last code update is not only a ridiculous amount of time time to wait but also unacceptable. The wait has led me to sell another Stern pin and buy a competitor's product.

Munsters looks cool but I feel I would be a fool to buy one, or any Stern pin, while still waiting for Ghostbusters code to be properly completed.

#5862 5 years ago

Ordered the damn topper. Yes it's overpriced in my opinion but it looks like the are out of production and only a couple distributors have them in stock. I figured at this point I'll never own a real Ecto-1 so this is the closest I'll ever get lol.

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have the topper. It’s an overpriced piece of metal and plastic, but I love it. It’s the Ecto-1! It really completes the look.

Sounds like most pinball machines too lol. Looking forward to getting the topper.

I hope with the final code update Stern increase the uses of the topper a bit. A shot to the left orbit should always activate the topper and trigger a strobe effect on it considering the shot represents the Ecto-1 in the game. Just that change alone would help a ton.

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This...
[quoted image]

Sweet! I also saw this post on his Facebook page. Can't wait to see how the code changes.

1 week later
#5918 5 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

After listening to Dwight on Pinball Profile Sunday, it doesn’t sound like he’s in any hurry to update our games. I don’t think he really cares judging from the last couple of interviews. I guess it’s whatever Gomez tells him to do.

Yeah, just wow. Here's what Dwight said...

"When Munsters is done I will work on other things, not making any promises, Ghostbusters will definitely get some attention at some point"

26 months after the last code and that's what is said...wow.

#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And that's why I'm done buying Dwight coded games. Stern checks in on this thread from what I understand, and they still have zero concern for losing sales going forward. I guess they feel they are too big to fail.

Yup, same here. Dwight seems like a great guy but I won't buy another one of his games after this whole GB code debacle. Not going through this again at these prices.

#5942 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure the new vault edition is going to be LOTR.

#5945 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do you have inside info or are you just speculating? I know his track record has been spotty, but K specifically said it would not be LOTR.

Just hearsay from multiple people saying they heard from person A that LOTR is next. Could be complete BS too. Dwight joked around though on the Head2Head pinball podcast about a GB vault with an LCD screen so that's not it lol.

#5982 5 years ago

Would like to post an April fools joke about new Ghostbusters code being released today but I don't think I can even joke about that anymore lol.

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think its Panzers fault. He has complained so much that they are now just delaying it intentionally just to piss him off.

Lol! Damn it I knew I shouldn't have created that thread

1 month later
#6278 4 years ago

"What a dream of an update" Hmmm, that makes it sound like it's gotta be a pretty substantial update!

Quoted from seenev:

Canadian Arcade deleted all comments and disabled comments, so I think we can take it as a hoax now.

or someone at Stern asked them to delete the post / comments. Please let this be real! lol

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Now the comments are back but they've deleted comments saying it's not real while not saying anything else. It's a hoax.

That sounds like it is real! Lol

#6287 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If it was real they wouldn't be ignoring everyone asking if it is real and where to get it.

That's exactly what they would be doing if its real

#6289 4 years ago

From Facebook

Screenshot_20190603-101921_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190603-101921_Chrome (resized).jpg

#6295 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Why repost image above?

It was from a different source, their Facebook page, with a different comment. Guess we will know today if it was all BS or not with the June Stern of the Union update.

#6298 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

All is right in the world! "Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule."[quoted image]

Complete BS at this point. 29 months and counting.

#6362 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Zombie Yeti confirmed that code is coming[quoted image]

Is this a recent comment or the one from months ago?

#6369 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Maybe they are waiting for assets from the 3rd movie

Lol I hope not as the 3rd movie hasn't event started filming yet and none of the original actors are confirmed. This update needs to happen soon!

I appreciate what ZombiYeti said but he also said a similar comment months ago. Either the update is currently being worked on or he has just heard "it's coming" which from Stern may mean "Ghostbusters update remains in our schedule".

2 weeks later
#6414 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Beats me. I have all those code threads drained because the most vocal posters are unreasonable morons who have no idea how software development, or really anything, works.

Software development for a code update doesn't take 30 months. Stern has coded multiple entire games over the past 30 months so yes they could easily put a code update out within that time.

The wait at this point has passed ridiculous levels, it's embarrassing. If someone at a company repeatedly told their boss for years that "the task has been delayed but remains in my schedule" they would be fired. That's how reality works.

Please come back to the thread, there's a big party next Tuesday celebrating 30 months of no code update!

Stern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpegStern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpeg

#6421 4 years ago

Great news!

#6428 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I think you can read between the lines here? They want to do a bigger update over just fixing some bugs... which would require new animations/callouts/sounds possibly.

Absolutely. If it was going to be a minor update Dwight could likely do it himself. After what Stern said I'm hoping the update is comparable in size to the final KISS code update, meaning lots of changes and additions. Also, the quote below from Stern makes it sounds like the update is being worked on right now.

"We’ve recently allocated additional resources to the Ghostbusters update".

#6444 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

As it was the case with Metallica
I really hope it’s not just bug fixes.
Having said that, there are so many bugs it takes them weeks just to fix those. That’s why I believe thats all we gonna see.
Again, let’s hope we are all proven wrong.

At bare minimum I'm guessing bug fixes, making the library insert do something, and adding an "Are You a God" final wizard mode. Those last two items were brought up by George Gomez at Expo 2018 in regards to them being missing from the game. I would also expect some of the existing modes to have more choreography added and hopefully a few additional topper effects added. Still hoping a Slimer multiball is added.

#6466 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Yes, as long as the “additional” resources know the game and know what’s wrong with it. !

I can see Dwight acting as a project manager for the update and providing guidance to the team about what needs to be addressed.

#6480 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Cheapest place to buy boards? Need to replace one of the larger led boards under pf. Marco is like 140.[quoted image]

Just wondering if you are having issues with the LED's on that board? I had that issue on I believe the same board and reflowed the solder which fixed it.

#6496 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

We all saw the Dwight interview...he wanted to fix GOT way more than GB. He thought GB was in decent shape.

Probably why "additional resources" have been put on GB code, now it makes sense with Dwight working on GOT code.

#6508 4 years ago

Dwight starts talking about the GB code update right here. Top Men are working on it!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/453279905?t=00h03m20s

#6523 4 years ago

The community feedback provided to Stern on Pinside, at shows, and on Sterns Facebook page over the past 30 months has definitely had an impact on the code update. Without it I would have expected a minor update, most bug fixes, but nothing on the large scale that we have now heard it will be.

If the community had no impact we wouldn't have heard Dwight making comments in the GOT code stream such as "let's address the elephant in the room". I'm just happy Stern is trying to make owners happy with this update by going all out with it.

1 week later
#6615 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay GB fans ...
So I Own a Pro Model and played a Premium on location
I enjoyed the lock and slimer moving left and right
Never saw the etco goggle feature work unless the tiny display was broken ..
Explain the Pros and Cons on to either keep my current HUO loaded Pro Vs a Prem
I love my Pro - no regrets
If there is a section in this post please lmk
We’re ready to believe you !!
And Go !!

Premium / LE is probably Sterns most loaded game to date, can't go wrong it. Metal subway ramp that drops underplayfield with physical ball lock, magna slings, moving Slimer, PKE ramp, actual 3D molded features, and more.

4 weeks later
#6768 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Each time I see a lot of posts I always think.....GB Code update......but no.....

Same. One day it will happen and it will be a day long remembered lol.

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I like the ramps better on the Premium/LE. Especially the feeling of hitting that left ramp. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with my Pro.

Yeah, both models are great. It's amazing how everything license wise came together for Ghostbusters. Stern was able to get audio assets from every main actor (including some minor ones) across two films, hired Ernie Hudson for custom callouts, licensed the main track, and use the actors likeness on the back glass / playfield with a cool art style. That combination is extremely rare in pinball today. Combine that with the unique layout and multiple interactive toys / features and all the game needs to become a masterpiece is a final code update Can't wait.

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If this game is set up poorly it will play like the biggest pile of shit to roll out of a pinball company. That said, if care is taken in setting it up the ball should be very controllable.
Can we start talking about the fact that the code is in the works already?!

Yeah! Code is now in testing which means we could see it within the next month or two. I bet it will be out by end of October at the latest.

#6863 4 years ago

It sounds like it's going to be a huge update, even larger then the last GOT update. Does anyone think Stern has added an Are You a God super wizard mode and or a Slimer multiball?

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m hoping for more code for the topper, better use of the scoleris with more choreography, more actor dialogue implemented.

Good ideas. Some more topper code would be awesome, it's an amazing topper but not used nearly enough. Just some extra effects added to it would be nice. When all the lights go crazy during the Storage Facility MB intro it would be cool if some lights on the topper triggered as well.

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They should light every time you hit the loop and trigger the siren.

Yeah, even better! If Dwight is concerned about the effects occurring too often there could be a setting for it in the menu. Have how it is today as the default setting and then also have a another setting that enables more effects. Probably too late for anything new to be added at this point but hopefully something topper related is in the update.

1 week later
#7034 4 years ago

Update sounds incredible so far, wow! Are you a God confirmed!

#7037 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW!!! Are you a God? is AWESOME!

Yeah, here's what I mentioned in other thread. Minor spoilers regarding how to get there but I turned down game audio once they got there and didn't look at the animations.

Sounds like "Are you a God" is a level you are trying to reach in the "We're Ready to Believe You" wizard mode versus its own mode standalone mode. However, still seems like its a unique mode as it's a final progressive based level you play after getting to a high enough level within "We're Ready to Believe You". Very cool!

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Also the 'K' skill shot advances the multiplier, not auto light both 2 and 3. I think the red inserts flash more, but I don't remember when.

Hi Rob, thanks for sharing more details about the update. Is there anything else worth noting in the update that wasn't mentioned by Dwight in the stream? Sounds like there's a bunch of tweaks, small additions, and bug fixes in the update as well.

#7057 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Watching now.... Didn't hear anything about bros being updated to make them more interesting or using slimer more... Such as slimer mb?

No Slimer multiball I think that is a missed opportunity. Slimer is the main toy in the game and the game already lacks an each to achieve multiball. A 2 ball Slimer multiball would be a great addition.

#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I very much agree with this statement and how the new code will have Slimer now really makes him pointless to be in the game. Why have him move across the PF on the Premium/LE when he doesn’t really mean anything now? Major toy with no function really. Other than that, I do think the upgrade was good.

Oh yeah, so much cool stuff has been changed and added. Just heard towards the end of the stream that new topper and shaker code has been added as well! Dwight also said "theres so many things we haven't talked about".

Incredible update!

#7076 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

wait... has the scream been removed? That scared the ever loving crap out of me the first time but I loved.

It was removed just for the stream but is still in the game.

#7080 4 years ago

Sounds like theres a lot of extra little tweaks and additions that we didn't see on the stream. Dwight did say at one point "theres so many things we haven't talked about". Work for the update apparently began in May so it's been being worked on for a while.

#7131 4 years ago

On the stream Dwight mentioned there's adjustments to change some settings back to the way they were pre update. I'm hoping there's an adjustment for not letting ladder modes be marked complete if they are not completed. I'm sure that's one of the adjustment in there. Would be nice to combine that setting with not letting modes auto start after one is completed. I want getting to "We Came We Saw" to represent a really good game, and then getting to "We're Ready to Believe You" and "Are you a God" to be that game of a lifetime.

#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The game appears great at first, like Wonka, but when you get to the meat and bones, you realize it's three shots only. Left orbit, right orbit, left ramp. I've owned it twice since my wife insisted it was her favorite game. The second she realized the layout sucks. No amount of code can save it, just like Wonka.

Please don't come into a game club thread and bash the game, not cool. Sounds like you don't own the game anymore, it's not in your collection. Why come in here and bash the game, especially when owners are about to receive a massive update?

Theres far more then 3 shots in GB premium. As far as main shots that pass through an area or drop into something theres 7 shots. Toss in targets, captive balls, etc and theres many more. Take another game, Batman 66, theres 6 shots that pass through or drop into an area.

Personally I think GB premium / LE is one of Sterns best layouts as it's the complete opposite of a fan layout. GB is the anti fan layout game, filled with unique ramps, scoops, two captive balls, a physical ball lock, drop targets, magnets, and more. Simply put its Sterns most loaded game to date in my opinion.

#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game just became amazing and is now one of Sterns best games ever in my opinion! I feel like i just got a brand nee game. Cant wait to get some more time on this.

Yeah! It really shows just how much code can impact and change a game.

#7337 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Loving the new code! My only gripe is that when you hit 60 and 80 ghosts collected, you get "locked" into starting Loopin' Supers and PKE Frenzy and can't make any further progress until hitting the left ramp to start those modes. I understand why it was changed - to give these two modes their own moment without running over the rest of the game, but it throws off my flow sometimes when I am focused on completing the mode ladders. It reminds me of how Lightsaber duel in Star Wars locks you out of making any further progress until you get through it.

Personally I think that is awesome as Loopin Supers is now it's own set piece moment. Sometimes stacking results in too much going on and for individual modes to be lost in the process.

1 week later
#7400 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

But why just remove the cat? The whole machine was designed by him. Seems like if you have a problem with anything tied to the designer, you'd probably realign your moral compass by just selling the machine off entirely? Getting hung up on the small details like the cat just seems like silly nitpicking at this point.

I look at it this way, GB was worked on by dozens of people, far more than just the designer. The designer however is a convicted felon and has a personal item in the game with that being an animation of his cat in the Ecto Goggles. No one else that worked on the game has something personal on that level in the game.

I think the designer should have that personal touch stripped away considering what he did. I don't want to see a convicted felons cat in the game, he lost that privilege with the sick crime he committed.

4 months later
#7944 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Does anyone have instructions for the Modfather Ghostbusters subway mod with LED's? I'm not sure where the lights need to be powered from. I tried emailing Modfather but haven't received a reply and don't see the instructions on the site.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-subway-mod

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mounts to rail with supplies zip ties and route wire behind stay puff to below playfield. Connect to nearest GI light. Awesome mod.

Awesome, thank you so much!

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mounts to rail with supplies zip ties and route wire behind stay puff to below playfield. Connect to nearest GI light. Awesome mod.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I turn my game on. I've noticed that GI light terminals on GB have one end wrapped with tape or something from the factory. Can I connect one alligator clip to one terminal and the other to a separate terminal like below? These are lights for the PKE lanes.

20200219_115620 (resized).jpg20200219_115620 (resized).jpg

#7951 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

personally I don't like the clips as at times with vibrations they can slip off and risk shorting, if there is a plug in bulb use these
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects
and then other connectors
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

Thanks. Yeah I would prefer connectors like those above versus alligator clips. If I did want to move forward with the alligator clips can I safely connect them like above or should they each be on one GI build versus 2 like I have in the pic?

20200219_115620 (resized).jpg20200219_115620 (resized).jpg

#7961 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:Ive honestly never had an issue with alligator clips. I feel like they bite hard and dont come off...

Yeah. I did get the mod installed and powered using the alligator clips. I just zipped tied the wires to the existing wiring harness to help secure them in place a bit better.

20200221_165846 (resized).jpg20200221_165846 (resized).jpg

#7963 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

really like that metro mod but can you see the PKI lanes at the top?

It does make them harder to see but its doable.

2 years later
#11242 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

There was 1 in Sask on FB marketplace for a few months. Think it was 14.5 k

Did that one get listed for 14.5k Canadian? With or without topper?

#11245 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

No topper, I think it sat on there for 10-12 weeks

Ah ok cool. The 14.5 price, was that Canadian?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.