IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7932 4 years ago

I'm looking to join the club, anyone in Ohio interested in trading a TFLE for a GB Pro? PM me. Thanks Matt

6 months later
#8608 3 years ago

Would love to join this club.
If anyone is considering leaving the club I have an offer for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-transformers-combo-premium-le-

1 month later
#8806 3 years ago

Just joined the club!
My wife and I brought home a premium today. We were super excited about it until I went into the menu and found an alert about the right flipper EOS. If anyone can shed some light on this for me I’d really appreciate it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-prem-right-eos#post-5927688

Edit: problem solved
Thanks LTG
I’m in the club

#8807 3 years ago

Shopping out my game and I noticed my Gozer plastic didn’t have a head. Anyone have an extra to sell or know where you can buy single pieces?
C0DB7DA9-960E-4242-B4F1-2F44843ED9AD (resized).jpegC0DB7DA9-960E-4242-B4F1-2F44843ED9AD (resized).jpeg

EDIT:
Found a replacement plastic.
thanks Yesh23

#8809 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I know that you've found one but I couldn't wait to remove mine and replace it.
[quoted image]

That looks amazing!

#8821 3 years ago

#8822 3 years ago

In case someone else needs it one day
Gozer Scan 600 res

Gozer Scan 600.pdfGozer Scan 600.pdf
#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

In case someone else needs it one day
Gozer Scan 600 res
[quoted image]

ok well i keep trying to up load it. I choose PDF quality. Its crystal clear on my mac but looks like crap when it uploads here.

Edit:

I think I fixed it, let me know if it appears ok.
Sorry to clog up the thread

2 weeks later
#8856 3 years ago

After a couple of weeks of waiting for parts, completely shopping this game, rebuilding flippers, replacing the playfield protector, installing a few mods here and there im now enjoying the game.

5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpegAFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpegAFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpegFF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpegFF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg

Couple things happening...
These might be already tired discussion points that if someone wants to link a post to I’m cool with that, than beating a dead horse. I can’t ever find anything I’m looking for when I search the forum.

1 out of 15 locks the trough will fire 2 balls into play during the auto plunge. I reseated the opto boards. Everything seems to be ok visually. Any thoughts here?

I haven’t replaced the plunger spring with the green yet however soft plunges, hard plunges and autoplunges are bricking into the gate or stay puff. I put 2 washers between the platform and the playfield to raise him and I made an air ball deflector but I’m still getting bricks and it’s rare to plunge an orbit. What is the deal?

2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

1- Have you tried adjusting the power of the ball release down? This was happening to me (and a few others) and it was due to the ball releasing so dam hard that it was causing an issue.
2 - Same as #1, but with the auto-launch setting...but I assume you probably tried that. I was having lots of bricking and a simple reduction of the launch strength fixed it, I now get orbits from the launch more often than not.

I adjusted the through to 180 and the auto plunge to 190. Seems to have helped.

What’s the logic of the Ecto Goggles? I’ll play games where there’s ghost showing the whole time then I’ll play games where I don’t see a single thing the whole time. Is this a mode I’m not getting or is something off with them?

#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

The ghost in the goggles can be collected like any of the 'anti-ghost' symbols around the playfield by hitting the ball around that right orbit. Sometimes the final shot to hit Slimer will also be in the ecto goggles (the slimer toy on the boom will move away, and slimer will be in the goggles). That's about it really.

So the last few games I just played the only thing that shows in the goggles is text when I hit super jackpot. Other than that it’s blank. But earlier this evening there was the purple goblin, taxi driver, a cat, slimer. I guess I don’t get why some games it shows ghosts on the screen and some games it doesn’t.

1 week later
#8869 3 years ago

This black post was under my plastic before I shopped the game. I thought it was a mistake so I put it up top. But I guess now I know why. It supposed to be under because it makes the plastic decline towards the playfield.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Anyone interested in a set of the Stern Ghostbusters Art Blades? Still new in the box. $75 shipped.

PM sent

2 weeks later
#8886 3 years ago

Put up 2.8 Bil tonight!
Still trying to learn this game...
I started on the right side and finished Stay Puff and then WCWS. Then moved to the ramp and finished Ballroom and then WCWS. I was trying to go into the scoop modes and that’s what ended up killing my game.

If I would’ve finished Backoff Man what would’ve happened? Would I have to do another round of we came we saw or would it light We Are Ready to Believe You?

Also how do you get to “Are you a God?”

1 week later
#8917 3 years ago

I have this thing happen with the scream where I'll hit the subway scoop on the right and the game goes dark and cuts the sound like its about to Scream but nothing happens and the game goes on. Anyone else ever get that?

#8919 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Feature adjustment #35 is called "Allow scare feature". Is yours set to off?

No it’s on. I get the left scoop scream all the time. But seems the right scoop has this weird glitch.
My games been glitchy from the start though. Have the issue with the eco goggles not working right after storage facility, and I get 2 balls in the shooter lane for no apparent reason during ball save or when the stopper holds the ball at the beginning of who brought the dog.

Reinstalled 1.17 twice and then even went with one of the updated music codes.

I also get this thing at the beginning of we came we saw where if I flipper out of the animation I get one ball instead of multi and then the mode stops after a few seconds and Ernie tells me I suck.

Probably why the game went up for sale

1 month later
#9010 3 years ago

I’m told my scores don’t count because I have the center post mod. But this was after I got to “Are You a God?” For the first time. My feet hurt after that game, it was a long one.

E62D3A0D-6CB3-4F22-8BBF-1495E6AC1503 (resized).jpegE62D3A0D-6CB3-4F22-8BBF-1495E6AC1503 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9039 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Bumping this, as I am also interested in the Pro version latest code. Can anyone share this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/9#post-6086368

1 week later
#9066 3 years ago

I got to "Are you a God?" a few weeks ago and biffed it. Only made one shot then through the outlane. In order to get back to it do you need to complete the entire board again? Or does "We are ready to believe you" light easier once everything is completed?

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I got to "Are you a God?" a few weeks ago and biffed it. Only made one shot then through the outlane. In order to get back to it do you need to complete the entire board again? Or does "We are ready to believe you" light easier once everything is completed?

Anyone?
Is there some kind of rules or game play write up or something other than the apron cards with more detail describing all modes?

#9086 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Getting ready to shop out my Ghostbusters Pro with some Titan glow in the dark bands. I haven't shopped this machine before. Is it pretty straightforward? Any advice esp. removing the ramp? Any advice is appreciated! I've done a few basic machines but this one seems a bit intimitdating but maybe I'm overexaggerating (I hope!)

I completely stripped the topside on my premium when I first got it and there weren’t any crazy pieces or parts that made it difficult. I imagine the pro would be easier to strip for shopping. Just take a ton of pictures as you go.

1 week later
#9106 3 years ago

Last resort for these damn bricking scoleri bros drop targets. I took the ledge off that they rest on and sanded them down to about half the normal surface.

Fixed!

5FC2202E-1EAB-45C8-BEEC-72AD2CCC5398 (resized).jpeg5FC2202E-1EAB-45C8-BEEC-72AD2CCC5398 (resized).jpeg
#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This ghostbuster earned his money after 42000 plays. Needed some good cleaning and rubbers but more or less that’s it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Am i seeing this right? That machine has pulled more than $38,000 Euros on route????????

1 week later
#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Hi all - I recently bought a GB premium that has a permanent center post screwed into the playfield. I am wondering if anyone has any experience removing a center post like this and trying to understand what my options are. I don't have anything against folks using a center post on the game, I think its just my personal preference to have the post removed if possible to restore the original play style. If I unscrew the center post, what are my options for filling in the post hole? Any wood glue or clear coat recommendations, or perhaps just wood glue and mylar? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Can you post a pic to take the wonder of what you are trying to repair, it would make it easier for repair suggestions if you are going that route.

4 months later
#9482 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Quick update I found a small black spacer on the floor. Unsure where it went but think it may have been under the longer Phillips screw rails side of the library plastic. Could someone confirm please[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes there’s a spacer under the library to tilt the plastic towards the playfield in case a ball hops up there.

1 month later
#9713 2 years ago
B43BC9FC-7624-43BE-9818-534D6DACC3D1 (resized).jpegB43BC9FC-7624-43BE-9818-534D6DACC3D1 (resized).jpeg
#9740 2 years ago

You know those power wheel mini cars kids drive?
I always thought the stern topper just looked like someone ripped a light bar off of one of those power wheel police cars or something and put it on top of the pin.

Thousands of dollars for something that costs like $60 in materials
650715AA-4F75-4718-9FE8-0034CD548FE0 (resized).jpeg650715AA-4F75-4718-9FE8-0034CD548FE0 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#9795 2 years ago

Best topper out there!

55FCEDF2-4813-466C-BF4B-6D572D6FC4DB (resized).jpeg55FCEDF2-4813-466C-BF4B-6D572D6FC4DB (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9857 2 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Left side plastic under library that covers cap balls. Does this black spacer go above or below the plastic?[quoted image]

Below plastic
Makes the plastic surface pitched away from the rail to help balls roll back to the playfield.

#9870 2 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the time resetting?
Any time I power up the game it resets to this date.
All of the high scores and game setting are fine but the clock doesn’t stay.
I tried power cycling after saving and it’s fine but being off over night seems to reset the time and date.

5DA85772-A528-4768-A52F-88F89CF96A3A (resized).jpeg5DA85772-A528-4768-A52F-88F89CF96A3A (resized).jpeg
#9873 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Time to sell the game to me. Lol U got ghosts

Bolted down man haha I love this thing, plus I have it dialed in. Plays like butter
Had the family over last night and set it at God Mode. Letting some non-pinballers have it. Getting them addicted anyway I can.

I had a battery on hand and popped it in, so should be good to go now.

3 weeks later
#9982 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone know how many GB toppers were made?

Pretty sure it’s the same 10 toppers just getting sold over and over

1 week later
#10018 2 years ago

1 month later
#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Tired of watching glue dry on the firehouse units so i made this to possibly help others looking at the ColorDMD LCD unit.

Thanks for doing this!!!

1 week later
#10348 2 years ago

Ok I'm sure this has been debated but im throwing it out there again,

The Center Post mod

So many games are designed with it and no one complains about those but adding it to this game (which is absolutely brutal AS IS, and the flipper gap doesnt help) is looked at as cheating and if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.

To me on a Pro it should be left out but Premiums and LEs it really shouldve been part of the design.

Where are we on the center post? I love it on my premium, because it saves me 1 out of 25 times

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why do you feel its needed on the premium but not the pro?
IMO, changing anything from factory to make the game easier is "Cheating".

Quoted from mrm_4:

if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.
To me on a Pro it should be left out but Premiums and LEs it really shouldve been part of the design.
Where are we on the center post? I love it on my premium, because it saves me 1 out of 25 times

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahhh i see. I actually havent had too much of that issue myself. Literally maybe a game or two this has happened to me for all the years ive owned it.
Lucky me i suppose.

As I play the game more and more, I barely even use the center post. As I get better Im hardly ever getting scolleri bros because I dodge the captive ball, I start modes more efficiently, hardly ever get a center drain from the ramp or Gozer. I'd rather leave it on for people that come over to play that arent "players" but I know that adding that post has been synonymous to turning off the tilt, putting it on 10 balls, closing off the outlanes, and having a 4 minute ball save. haha

I know there are just so many games that have it from the factory that are easy games, so I find it puzzling that adding the post on this game carries such a stigma

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I’ve got mods on my Vette to make it more enjoyable to drive. As a kid me and my bro would put the cheat code into contra and TMNT to make playing that game more enjoyable. And now I have the carrot flippers on my GB … any correlation?

up up down down left right left right A B A B select start

#10387 2 years ago

Lately I’ve been trying to walk through the modes in order.
Scoop scenes
WCWS
Ramp scenes
WCWS
Orbit scenes
WRTBY
Anyone find that a certain path or strategy gets you through the progress better?

#10414 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

This was a huge help and found the broken ground wire. Thanks!
[quoted image]

That’s gotta be a huge relief!

2 weeks later
#10509 2 years ago

Has anyone beat "Are You a God?"

What happens after that?

4 weeks later
#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What just happened to my Ghostbusters?
I just finished playing and game and was invited to add a new high score of 105,000,??? when my high score was 2.5 billion.
And then when the credits started rolling, ALL of my high scores were gone only to be replaced by some high scores the previous owner and his friends put on.
What happened to all my high scores?
I'll get them back eventually, but where did they go and then leave me looking at high scores that could have been set on the first day the pin was out of the box?

Battery probably died

#10681 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know what a default high score is.
This is the previous owner's initial and high score. It was not reset.
[quoted image]
These are my new high scores #1 thru #4. My 4 high scores used to be in the 2.5 million range.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
For Gozer Champion, I had the high score. The previous owners BAA initials were here until I bested his score. I never saw GOZ until now. GOZ had to be a friend of his.
[quoted image]
It took me awhile to become Terror Dog champion. I don't remember my T-DOG score but I don't think it was changed.
[quoted image]
Loopin Super champ used to be BAA with 8 loops. I have no idea who ROB and his 7 loops are.
[quoted image]
I was Storage Facility Champ with more points than this. This must be my new score from the 2 games I played after most of my scores were erased.
[quoted image]
Mass Hysteria Champ was previous owner BAA's initials. I had not beat his MHC score yet. And never saw the MXV initials until now.
[quoted image]
The Are you a God Champ numbers with KME is unchanged.
[quoted image]
So, some were reset and a few were not.

Is that the quarter sized battery on the circuit board in the back box?

Yep!
But like what was mentioned before if the plays hit 1000 or 2000 it might have automatically reset. Check the clock and date. If those reset back to 2016 then it’s the battery.

2 weeks later
#10778 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I found my topper. I still have to make the brackets to mount it with. And come up with some sort of lighting.
I figured it fits with the theme.
[quoted image]

As it sits with cardboard and no lights you could probably list it for $1800 and move it pretty quick!

#10780 2 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I highly recommend reversing the rubbers for the magna slings. They now feel fully engaged and honestly it's a whole new game.

What do you mean by this? I’m not able to see a difference from your pic.

#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

Like this. Little round ones at the top and the long one at the bottom. For some reason stern had the long one up top and the small round ones on the bottom.
If you reverse them your magna slings will come to life.[quoted image]

Oh I see now, yeah I did that with mine a while back and put the large one lower. You are right there’s a better difference in bounce for sure!

#10784 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I used to do that until I found that the ball was lifting off the playfield often and was driving me crazy. Had to switch them back.

the ball would hop with the magnoslings?

4 months later
#11003 1 year ago

This is the best freaking moment

6556A566-0F8C-40D0-A2A8-8DCA887410B2 (resized).png6556A566-0F8C-40D0-A2A8-8DCA887410B2 (resized).png25A1AE4F-4F68-419A-9AC9-F4698321B2B5 (resized).png25A1AE4F-4F68-419A-9AC9-F4698321B2B5 (resized).pngE3EE4149-4A04-474A-866D-C13A1B1638C7 (resized).pngE3EE4149-4A04-474A-866D-C13A1B1638C7 (resized).png5543DCA6-477F-43C4-A39C-3E513BA2FFE4 (resized).png5543DCA6-477F-43C4-A39C-3E513BA2FFE4 (resized).png
#11020 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I live close by, what is the asking price?

That’s dirty man, sliding in on @maxamillion’s god send

1 month later
#11155 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I "missed out" too I guess but I grabbed a HUO with 326 plays on it in the summer. Game feels like new.

326 plays pre 1.16 or post 1.16? I think it only holds lifetime audits from 1.16 forward. In the end if the game is in great condition thats all that matters but theres been a lot of misleading because that audit isnt true to the entire lifetime.

#11158 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Number of plays never matters..

Quoted from mrm_4:

In the end if the game is in great condition thats all that matters

#11176 1 year ago

I still don’t understand the ghosts on the slings with the Premiums and LEs. How do you light them?
My favorite is during multi ball when it holds a few in place for a second or 2 then tosses them.

#11204 1 year ago
A21B0019-8F0C-4347-BB9B-3D1A2E4DD205.gifA21B0019-8F0C-4347-BB9B-3D1A2E4DD205.gif
3 weeks later
#11259 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine stays in the pops for a long time also. My friends does not. You can also backhand the right orbit shot to start a mode on his. On mine, you can't. Guess it's a slope thing?

Adjusting the flipper angle opened up a ton of shot opportunities on my premium.

1 month later
#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m waiting on GB 8: Slimer’s Revenge (spoiler, I hear at the end Slimer is reformed and joins the Ghostbusters).

That would be on par to the 80s cartoon, wasnt Slimer like Ray's helpful pet or something?

2 weeks later
#11448 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Was playing my GB last night and did something i’ve never seen. Locked a ball, machine went dark, let out a really loud scream (much louder than volume set) and a skull appeared on the display. Startled me, then everything back to normal. Anyone seen this? Easter egg?

Half of me wants to explain and the other half is wondering where you been since the games release!!!

10 months later
#12227 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

These look pretty cool and a great deal if you're looking for some Ghostbusters figures.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/09913-ghostbusters-gozer-mod

The Gozer and Terror Dog head come together when you buy the toy on Amazon for $14. This shit where people sell stuff for pinball for 50 times more than it’s worth needs to stop.
Ghostbusters Plasma Series Gozer Toy 6-Inch-Scale Collectible Classic 1984 Action Figure, Toys for Kids Ages 4 and Up (E97985X0)
https://a.co/d/9UsQwiO
IMG_9486 (resized).pngIMG_9486 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#12238 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You should consider procuring the center post mod to give yourself a fighting chance.

Especially if you have premium. Those magnaslings will unfairly ruin a perfect game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.