IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2195 7 years ago

Put a shaker on my Premium. Whenever it activates, I hear a high-pitched squeaking noise coming from somewhere on the right side of the cabinet.
Any ideas?

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Leg bolts tight?

That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the quick tip, @mustangpaul!

2 months later
#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. Google is not helping me here. Neither is the search option on pinside.
Does anybody know what the specific differences are when you install the director's cut from the installs menu?
And no, it's not in the service manual either.
Thanks
Junky

good question!

1 month later
#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think GB Premium is an awesome game. It's beautiful, has great sound and animations, but you will definitely get frustrated at times for sure with it. I personally do think it's worth owning and I love mine but you already have a pin that is brutal in TWD.
I think the best thing you could do is go play one yourself and put alot of games on it and decide for yourself. About half of my friends hate GB and half of them like it. There are other good choices out there also. You have AS which is amazing IMO, the new Star Wars looks promising, GOT is also really good, and i hear Spiderman is also.

I want SO BADLY to love my Ghostbusters Premium. It was my first NIB. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's been a dream theme of mine for years. But the more I play it, the more I come to realize that it is NEVER going to grow on me. I love the way it LOOKS in my collection. It is my favorite pin to stare at when it's turned off and I walk past it in the house. But every time I hit the Start button, I loathe this game a little bit more.

First of all, it has got to be the most annoying sounding pin I have ever played. I'm not just talking about the game audio, either. The pop bumpers create this weird, cheap, hollow, tin-can & balsawood rattling sound that I cannot otherwise describe. I thought maybe it was just how new Sterns sound these days, until I played Aerosmith at an arcade, and the pop bumpers sounded 'normal'....they sounded solid to me on that title. So then I thought maybe it's just MY unit. So I played a Ghostbusters Pro at that same location, and its pop bumpers did the same thing as mine.....they just sound different......I hear undertones of a pebble rattling around in an empty soda can....and it makes the whole game sound cheap to me. BUT WHATEVER. Maybe there's really nothing wrong and I just have a hearing problem, or maybe I'm just crazy. However.....on top of that gripe.....the game audio that Ghostbusters makes when the ball hits those cheap pop bumpers......those honking horns......they are cool for a few seconds, and they ARE theme-appropriate for NYC.....but when the ball spends what seems like 15-20 seconds in those pop bumpers every single time......those car horns get SUPER F'ING ANNOYING.....VERY QUICKLY. And don't even get me started on "Ok...who brought the dog?" CURSE YOU, RICK MORANIS!!! Will I feel the same way about Homer's "DOH!"s on TSPP in a few days when my just-purchased holy grail title is delivered? We'll see...but I doubt it.

Also, concerning the audio, where are all the callouts from the movie?!?! During gameplay, I hear maybe a dozen-or-so clips over and over again.......but there are SOOOOOO MANY MORE that would be perfect! I know they were digitized and exist in the code, because I hear them whenever I push the flipper buttons in Attract Mode. There must be literally HUNDREDS in there, because rarely have I ever heard the same ones twice.......but during actual gameplay, it's the same freakin' clips.....over and over and over again. I don't get it.
Here's a perfect example.......when a ball rolls over an outlane switch, instead of Egon & Peter's "I blame myself....So do I." almost every time, how about mixing it up once in awhile with the hotel maid screaming "What the hell are you DOIN'?!?" Would that really have been so difficult to program, code-wise? I don't get it. Does Stern have to pay $ to Columbia Pictures on a 'Per Clip Used In-Game' basis or something? Because if not, why WOULDN'T they utilize dialogue from the movie as much as possible?

As far as bad shot geometry, and the boring linear mode progression, etc.....that stuff has been discussed to death.....AND IT'S ALL TRUE.....but I won't get into it. This is getting long enough. Sorry.

In other news, looks for my 'GB Premium FOR SALE in South Florida' post coming soon! :-/

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Seems like you are a little too delicate and picky to me

Delicate? Lol! That's a new one!

2 weeks later
#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

a masterpiece to look at. Not so much to play

I knew a few women like that, in my youth.

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

can I get an amen

heyyyyy.....i know you!!!!

2 months later
#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I can't imagine how much better GB will be with ColorDMD. Looks dated sandwiched between SMVE and TSPP, both with colored displays.

The answer is NONE better, once you start actually playing it.

Downvote away!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.