New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,878 posts
  • 715 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Tjohejsan
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg
C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg
FF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg
5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpeg
38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg
418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8278 (resized).jpg
215CC573-3E9C-4682-BD48-3ED097FF78E2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (3 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3287 3 years ago

I was wondering if someone knows if you order a new GB Pre from a distributor now, if the playfield is not only fixed ghosting wise but if the clear is fixed too, and maybe looking like a AS playfield?
Also the GB playfields seem to have a softer wood, at least the early ones.
Played my friends AS LE and that PF just looks awesome. Hardly any dimples.

#3297 3 years ago

Yeah that's probably the way to go, to get a nice HUO. This way I know for sure.
I don't want any playfield issues because I think this game could be a keepeter for me.
Love the theme! Love the layout the "10" shots the artwork, the music the lot.
I also heard that there will be a code update. I was talking to Bowen Kerins a couple of weeks ago (several times PAPA world champ).
I asked him why they are not using GB in any of their tournaments.
He said that you could short plunge the ball, have several hits, drain and get the ball back and do this several times over.
So Stern will definitely fix it one would hope since Lyman is playing those tournaments as well. I hope he will give his input to Stern about this.
I hope the code changes are not just minor cause GB has got huge potential.
Just think of what people thought of Metallica before the code was "fixed" and what a great game it is now.

Sorry my English
Originally from Swizterland

1 week later
#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Nope, they corrected it. I have a May 2017 build Pro:

Do you think the playfield (clear coat) looks better than earlier ones? I.e. more like the Aero Smith ones?

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I just went through the whole photo gallery for this thread and I am amazed no one has tried replacing all rubbers with the clear green rings from super-bands.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/rubbers/super-bands/green.html
I'm contemplating giving it a try, but there's a voice in the back of my head saying that the game is just going to become less bouncy and I'm going to put the old rubbers back on. It would Look amazing though....

Try the ones from Titan Pinball they got a kind of translucent green rubber that even glows when it's dark. I put it into my Metallica, looks great! Could imagine this would look awesome in GB
And the best thing is the bounce is almost 100% the same as with normal rubbers.
Plus the quality seems to be better too.
I did a bounce test on my Funhouse and let it drop from the middle over 4 rubbers. The ball ended up exactly where it did with the original rubbers.
All my Pins have Titan rubbers on them now.

3 months later
#3945 3 years ago

I got one!!

Just pulled the trigger on a HUO with low plays and a lot of mods.
Shaker, topper etc
I'm super stoked!!
Pick it up Wed

Finally! And with new code coming soon! Yeah baby!

#3948 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats! you won’t regret it. Make sure you reverse the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active. It’s a must to do that I promise.

I will

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

This this this this this this this. A man can dream.

What do you prefer?

Listening to who brought the dog which takes about a second or to rats in the cellar over and over again since that "is" the mode you should start with AS?
Ok if it's not Rats then it is sweat emotions.
You can choose three different modes in GB.
Yeah you can choose 7 in AS but then again not really can you if you want to get somewhere "fast"

I much prefer GB to having to listen to AS all night long.
I've played AS at my friends place and since it's his only pin at the moment, after 1hour I pretty much heard it.

Why do people call GB linear?

Has anyone played Pinball Magic?

#3954 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The songs on AS don’t annoy me at all, but every time I hear who brought the dog it makes me want to jump off of a cliff or something.

Agree Who brought the dog is "pointy"
I wouldn't go as far as to say the songs anoy me but after, as in my case, just playing that pin the same night, I almost wanted to ask him please turn the music sound down

#3972 3 years ago

I just pick my Pre up and played one game on it.

I AM IN LOVE!

The guy seems to have read this whole thread since he put in place everything that you guys have suggested.

He also put in a subwoofer wich just brings the alrady good sound to a whole new level.

Can't wait to get into it!

#3985 3 years ago

I think I read this somewhere before but can't find it anymore.
Sometimes the red insert in the right outlane flashes.
Can't seem to figure out why?
At first I thought/hoped it was a ball save indicator
Does anybody know what it is for?

#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought the same thing but it’s not obviously lol. I don’t know what it is for.

Have you ever seen the left one come on?

#4005 3 years ago

I had a great game today had a multiball and PKE going.
It was all a bit crazy but I saw that the PKE multiplier was at 12x and 275 Mil
I hit the right ramp but it didn't give me the points I expected ?
Do I miss something?

#4011 3 years ago

Sorry guys but another question.

When I colected 20 Ghosts Tobins Spirit Guide should be lit right away no?

It doesn't for me.

It "seems" that, at least so far, it does for player two. ??

Is this a bug or do you need to hit a shot to actually activate it?

Wouldn't seem right though as player two seems to get it right away.

I thinks it reacts the same with negative reinforcement.

#4013 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it doesn't light if you have a mode running. once the mode expires, tobins will light up. same thing with the video mode. neither will actually light if a mode is running.

Thanks! Thought it's broken

Do you know about the PKE jackpot in the other post I posted? (only a few posts up)

PS like your pic

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone have any ideas on what the new code will address? Different video modes? Wizzard mode?

No idear just hope it's comming soon and it will be a good one not just fixing bugs.

#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

When I do the tests on the Scoleri brothers they both pop up and down repeatedly. I do not think that is correct and I am guessing the lip/ledge they rest on is broken.
Questions:
1) Should they pop up and down repeatedly (like a machine gun) during the test?
2) Where is the lip/ledge located so I can try to see if mine have broken off?

I just tested them in the coil menu.
One test is for up and one for down
Same for the right drop target.
So no they don't go up and down unless there is another test menu?

I don't know where the lip ledge is your talking about but it seems strange that they both react the same. That would suggest both broke which would be rather coincidence.
Did you check them in the coil menu?

#4017 3 years ago

Did I mention that I love this game?

#4029 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is something I am probably going to do also. I did put a little wax on it and the ball seems to go up there a little easier but still a tough shot.

Are you talking about the right ramp?
I left mine alone. Since it is a rewarding shot (PKE) it almost takes the fun out of it if it becomes to easy. I love the shot the way it is makes me feel a bit like when you make the hole in one shot in NGG.

#4030 3 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Both up mine pop up and down in the coil and GB diag tests. They won’t stay up.
» YouTube video

No mine definitely don't do that.
Seems si wired that they both do it though. Maybe both did brake at the same time? Murphy's law

Find it ard to believe still.
Im not a techy so can't really help you there

I hate when they brake $$$

Maybe someone else here knows more about it?

#4032 3 years ago

I've been playing GB Pre now for a couple of weeks and have noticed a few things of which I'm not sure if it's my machine or if they are bugs.
The guy who sold it to me had a light board failure and had a new board put in. (from a Pro)

1st Sometimes when I shoot the slimer it goes back into it's "up" position. The modes should start blinking but they don't.
If I then shoot the i.e. Who Got The Dog the mode actually starts.

2nd Sometimes when I start a mode the large Arrow inserts (the ones showing you which shots you have to make) don't light up properly. Once I make a shot they come on.

I'd like to know as the Pin still has got warranty til February.

Bit worried that it had problems with the light board before that this could get worse.
Hooe it's only bugs.

Thanks for any help

#4033 3 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I had a great game today had a multiball and PKE going.
It was all a bit crazy but I saw that the PKE multiplier was at 12x and 275 Mil
I hit the right ramp but it didn't give me the points I expected ?
Do I miss something?

To come back to this again.
I took the glass of and tested the PKE shot whilst lit.
It definitely only gives me the jackpot value indicated on the right hand side of the multiplier.

I'm sure I played it on location and there the multipliers were added to the jackpot value.
i.e. 10x 50Mil = 500Mil

Bug or my Pin? :/

#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know on my game that the mode lights don’t always blink after slimmer goes up but I’m pretty sure that once I start a mode that the arrows that you are supposed to shoot at always light up?

Yeah they do flicker but only very faint.
I also had this happen when the super Jackpot arrow should lite up red. It lights up but very faint and not red but a dim white only.
Same with the mode lights only dim white and very faint.

Anybody else noticed this?

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

In this scenario, Slimer would actually be showing up as a 'hologram' in the ecto goggles display, and shooting it up that orbit hits Slimer, and simultaneously starts the mode up the orbit (in this case Ok Who Brought the Dog)

I haven't checked on that but will, thanks.
Doesn't make sence though no?
Since it should give me the choice of all three lanes. ?
At least someone else has this happened. So at least I can say it's not only my game.

PS Did I mention that GB is a fantastic game?

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from miga:

To come back to this again.
I took the glass of and tested the PKE shot whilst lit.
It definitely only gives me the jackpot value indicated on the right hand side of the multiplier.
I'm sure I played it on location and there the multipliers were added to the jackpot value.
i.e. 10x 50Mil = 500Mil
Bug or my Pin? :/

Anyone knows something about this?

I find it strange and can't find anything anywher in the net?

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I flipped the sling rubbers and lowered the post on the right ramp and it made a nice difference. If we can get a nice code polish we will be in business.
For those that added a center drain post I want some feedback. Glad you did It? How did you k ow where to drill the hole?

I think it's a must.
The cap is just to wide otherwise and there are a few possibilities for it to drain right down the middle.
Apart from making the game much more enjoyable its also fun with the middle post.
My Spidi got one to and it adds another "challenge " to the game.
I love mine.
Highly recommend it

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't visited this thread in sometime. Any word on possible code update or still nothing?

Stern "officially" said that there's going to be an update but when this will be only Gozer knows.
Shouldn't be too far off though as they just released the Batmann 66 code and since I've red somewhere that Stern said they are going to do some code cleanups after SW has been done and BM66 has just been done and I can't think of another game that needs it more than GB I assume it's going to be soon.

#4099 3 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Stern "officially" said that there's going to be an update but when this will be only Gozer knows.
Shouldn't be too far off though as they just released the Batmann 66 code and since I've red somewhere that Stern said they are going to do some code cleanups after SW has been done and BM66 has just been done and I can't think of another game that needs it more than GB I assume it's going to be soon.

Sorry guys
Page didn't update properly
Thought someone would have responded to this already.

3 weeks later
#4152 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

100% agree with this as well.
Dropping coin in this game on location could get expensive quick.

Totally agree!

I think it’s more jealousy than hate cause it’s just so much better (with current code) than most of the other games out there.
Imagine how awesome it could be when they get the code even better!

And sorry but I don’t agree at all that it is a drainer. At least not wors than TWD and other games out there ones tweaked.
And having said that. Has anyone played SW Pre or LE? I wonder what you should call that then if you call GB a brutal game!
That word needs yet to be invented. ☠️

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Anyone know what size rubber is used in the sling? The manual says 2” but I don’t think that’s correct. Thanks

It is 2”
Just ordered a set from Titan Pinball
Perfect fit.
Magnet slings work sweet too.

4 weeks later
#4302 2 years ago

+4
Pre

I know this from TWD

It’s a game changer

3 weeks later
#4478 2 years ago

The magna slings imo are one of the best inventiones ever.
Sometimes the ball gets spinned around in a circle and gets thrown off then it spins around, comes to a complete halt end then gets droped onto the flipper etc etc. just great.

#4506 2 years ago

Guys
Can somebody explain how PKE Frenzy is working and how the multiplayer is comming into the scoring please.

#4546 2 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Credit Tilt Forums (CaptainBZarre):
PKE Frenzy
This mode can be started by either collecting 80 Ghosts, making the right ramp Skill Shot, or from a Tobin’s Spirit Guide award. All switches score a large number of points, and a jackpot is lit at the right ramp. The value of this Jackpot is 1,000 points times your current PKE level, but it gradually decays in value (the multiplier drops by 1x from a maximum of 8x every 5 seconds), so you should keep hitting switches to keep it up. Hitting 5 switches anywhere on the playfield or hitting the standups near the left captive balls will increase the multiplier by 1x. This can be a very lucrative mode with a multiball stacked into it, especially later in the game when you have more PKE.

So if your multiplier in the display on the bottom left hand side (during PKE) is showing 5x and your PKE value is 100 million and you shoot the PKE ramp you should be getting 500 million for that shot?

#4547 2 years ago

PKE jackpot not PKE value sorry

#4560 2 years ago

That’s my point.
Mine doesn’t do that.
I always only get the jackpot value!?!

i.e. 2x 150mil I get only 150 Mil

Am I confusing/missing something?

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

oh, wow. you are correct. I cannot believe i didnt figure that out. It should say pke jackpot,not super. also, its just shy of 7.5 in the pic, that times 8 is more than 56m anyway, thanks for that. not sure how pke levels orwhatever work into that either.

Chee yes. That must be it. But yeah how does the PKE value come in play???

#4575 2 years ago

This PKE Frenzy does my head in.

OK here is what the rules say on Sterns Pinball arcade table.

When PKE Frenzy begins, a 40 second time is started and the Right Ramp is lit.

Shoot the right ramp while the timer is active to score a PKE Jackpot.

PKE Frenzy Jackpots are worth 1000 points times the PKE level times the current multiplier shown on the display.

The PKE multiplier starts at 8x.

After 5 seconds, the multiplier begins decreasing by 1x per second.

The PKE multiplier can be increased by 1x by hitting a librarz spot target or hitting 5 playfield switches.

PKE Frenzy ends when the timer expires or the ball is drained.

I clearly remember playing GB when it first came out and I had a PKE shot that counted the multiplier. I remember the shot was some 900 mil.

I honestly think this is a bug in code 1.13

I will take the glass of to check this out.

So if the jackpot value decrises that would suggest that it is linked to the multiplier, no?

In the rules it only says that the multiplier will decrease but in the game the actual jackpot value is decreasing. ?
Why would it do that if you are acumulating all the PKE value? Doesnt make sence.

Excuse my english I’m from Switzerland

4 weeks later
#4678 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned before even though I read the whole thread.

But when I got a mode running and I got the last shot on the left ramp which then would start He Slimed me plus Storage Facility Multiball is ready too, it should start MB plus the mode right?
It starts the call iut for the mode but then only starts MB without the actual mide running.
Bug or ment to be?

#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's a bug. it should start both at once, but doesn't.

Thanks!

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can hit my right ramp when I am cradling the ball but its got to me a perfect shot. I actually like that shot being that hard for some reason. I think it makes the game more tense and exciting. I honestly dont have that much trouble making that shot anymore.

Same here. I love it being hard.
I haven’t changed any of my settings but every now and then I put some canuba wwx onto the side of the ramp and it makes a huge difference. The ball then just flies up there.

1 week later
#4705 2 years ago

GB is a great game for many reasons already without the coming code update.

But here is why it’s so great for me.

It’s not all about the multiball
(like Aerosmith)
It’s not all about the multiplier
(like Star Wars)
and it’s not all about the modes
(like so many other games)

It is a combination of things that can give you that great game experience

GB rules!

2 weeks later
#4747 2 years ago

I just noticed that my left flipper sometimes plays week.
It just started to happen a few days ago and only on the left flipper.
I run 1.13
Has anyone experienced something similar before?

6 months later
#5358 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I just put an ad in the marketplace, and you can also PM me your email and how many you want and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

Vireland
I‘m using an older color dmd with GB v1.30b with the 64mb rom.
These boards need 12v for the screen and 5v for the board.
(the new boards only need 12v)
I can get 12v from the bottom right hand side in the back box. Do you or anyone else for that matter know where best getting the 5v from to power the board om the color dmd?

7 months later
#6376 1 year ago

Just looking at it on the first picture (whole playfield) wants me to go and play it
What agreat looking game ey gyus

Quoted from Lamprey:

Join the club on Saturday!
Picked up a nice Premium from pinsider 85Txaggie.
[quoted image]
Question about the red light in the back of the middle newton ball. Are people changing anything about it? Mine seems to be kinda in your face. I think a quick fix would be to put a bulb condom on it, but was wondering if mine is bent or misaligned or something as I don't recall it being like that on location...?
[quoted image]

#6377 1 year ago

It is pure ignorance and arrogance from Stern but more so from Dweight
Layman takes pride in his work. Dweight obviously could not care less.
I would have sacked him long ago. There are many better code designers out there.

Quoted from desertT1:

One more work day left in the year to get some 2018 love. Amazing how it was teased in Oct 2017, and then all of 2018 happened with nothing. Seeing all of the updates that have happened this year, just in December alone, this is now nothing more but a bad joke.
This game is going back to my main location very soon, and hopefully an update will shortly follow. So much potential in the theme and layout, hopefully code gets finished off soon.

#6388 1 year ago

one of the coolest pin inventions ever

i never had drains out of them in1000 maybe 2 max

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, i LOVE them!

#6391 1 year ago

I don’t need to know him personally to know that he doesn’t care. I saw him in that interview that’s enough.
Layman can do it so why can’t he?
Ever thought about that?

The game has heaps of bugs. Thats the main problem. I talked to a Pinball Pro who plays professional Pinball tournaments. He said they can’t really play it because of certain bugs.
I don’t even care if it gets a final mode or not. But the bugs have to be fixed and the balancing of points as well.
You obviously don’t know the game well enough if you make statements like this.
I commend you for defending Dwight but sorry, we are not talking about a 1000.- game.
Ghostbusters can easily be one of the best games out there and I love the game. It’s just not finished.
Let’s hope we are all proven wrong and they do what they are supposed to.

Quoted from imharrow:

Can we stop this ignorant meme. If you think this, I am pretty sure you have never spoken to Dwight in your life. Stop the personal attacks on him. You can complain about the business unit and the decisions they make. You can complain about Gomez, as the person accountable for those business decisions.

2 weeks later
#6443 1 year ago

As it was the case with Metallica

I really hope it’s not just bug fixes.
Having said that, there are so many bugs it takes them weeks just to fix those. That’s why I believe thats all we gonna see.
Again, let’s hope we are all proven wrong.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't wanna bet but i sure hope that you are right! Ghostbusters could easily be amazing with just a few tweaks. Its already amazing truthfully but it just needs a couple of things changed and polished up to make it one of the all time greats.
I think with a really nice code uodate that there would be a lot of people rushing out to buy this title again. I truly believe that.

#6451 1 year ago

Yes, as long as the “additional” resources know the game and know what’s wrong with it. !

3 weeks later
#6624 1 year ago

Not sure if this has already been posted but it can’t hurt seing it again can it?

13113E8E-F364-45B6-8F64-55A0E4243D6C (resized).png
#6630 1 year ago

I reckon the sound is distinctive enough
for me. I never understood the issue with this feature. Its part of the game. Switch hands works best for me.

Quoted from swinks:

yes that is a frustration for many people, hopefully they implement the outlane red inserts when flippers are switched and a more distinctive sound and even an option in the menu to turn the flipper swap off.

1 month later
#7313 1 year ago
#7314 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I changed the end of ball scene setting and I'm much happier. It was nice being able to more easily reach the deeper modes, but being able to advance to the next scene in a ladder without completing the one before it just felt like cheating to me.

Totally agree on that.

#7317 1 year ago

Thanks for the code.
I just noticed that my slimer stopped working after the update.
When I re installed the original Stern code it worked again so my guess is that it is a process with your code?
Just thought I let you know.
Did anyone else expect the same issue?

#7352 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Did you accidentally install Pro code instead of Premium/LE?

Pretty sure it was Pre but that would make perfect sense.
Will check and confirm that.
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside