With Ghostbusters being on of my favorite games out there. I played it a lot over the past 3 years of ownership and i still play it very often. Since the latest update came out, it did evolve the game a lot more. Dwight definitely needed some time to settle but with the upcoming TMNT game, he proofed what he's able to do. TMNT might also be one of the most code complete games at the release, with code being at 0.92 already.
Anyway enough off-topic. This thread is about Ghostbusters. Since 1.17 came out I played it a lot. I have noticed very few bugs which I wrote down in a list. Also with some tweaks I would love to see. So Dwight if you are reading this. There is no need for another update. BUT if you are planning on doing one, it would be nice if you could include this liste and maybe resolve some of these
Also if you guys have some to add. Feel free to do so.
1. Add a alert sound for timers running out(Left captive balls)
2. Music within „AYAG Victory laps“ is to dim. Can barely be heard due to the „louder“ sounds effects.
3. Music is not properly stopped at the end of „AYAG“ victory laps. It keeps playing during bonus count.
4. Left orbit skill shot cheat does still work. If you plunge the ball soft so it just rolls over the loop switch, but doesn´t make it trough the gate behind Marshmallow-Man. If the ball then rolls back again over the loop switch. The skill shot is then still being awarded. ONLY if skill shot doesnt start a scene. E.g it awards river of slime.
5. Add a sound effect for hurry-up timer running out for „light playfield multipliers“ at the captive balls.
6. Add a sound effect for „light playfield multipliers“ awarded from captive balls.
7. Extra ball lightshow shouldn´t play during multiballs. Even if it has a blow off. Balls are lost to easily.
8. Spook Central hurry-up starts to early if you blow off the start sequence. You are already loosing points until the ball is released from the up post and feeded to the flippers, to make the ramp shot and stop the timer.
9. Add a flasher lightshow during Loopin supers. So the playfield is not so empty and dark.
Use the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp, they actually dont do much in the game. What about letting them each alternate double flash the whole time?
10. „light playfield multipliers“ being awarded incorrect from the captive balls.
If either „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer has been started. And during one of those timers the „light playfield multipliers“ timer is being started via a ramp shot. If then „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer runs out and the balls get reset, „light playfield multipliers“ is awarded when it shouldn´t be.
11. There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Super Jackpot arrow(red)
12. During the swipe attract mode lamp effect and Bonus count. Some of the lights stay lit, when they should not be. Gear standup target light, depending on which were lit during gameplay.
13. Use the middle Ghost ladder 20,40,60,80,100 during „WeAreReadyToBelieveYou“ to indicate how much ghosts have been collected.
14. Speed up the flash frequency of the right scoop arrow light. When the „River of Slime“ timer ia about to run out.
15. Gear target, River of Slime, left and middle Captive ball timers are not properly held if ball is sitting in left scoop, left up-post or subway. For example the ball is being held at the subway to indicate 10 Ghosts collected Storage Facility is lit. The timers can run out.
16. Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. It is possible to recover multiple balls during one ballsave period.
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves started via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.
-Add an adjustment to disable ball saves started by the scoops during multiballs. Its anoying if SF-multiball is going on forever.
17. God mode Adjustments.
-If Game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to automatically disable God mode after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment to start God mode via mode select menu like done in TMNT or Jurassic Park. So it can be played on location. -It would be nice to add a display advertisement like "Are you a God? Choose GodMode game. To proof you really are!"
18. „light playfield multipliers“ are being awarded via the captive balls, without shooting the captive ball around the loop. Just hitting the ball slightly does award „light playfield multipliers“
19. Slimer slime is erasing River of Slime shots. If there were some River of Slime shots lit and you hit slimer. The purple slime gets exchanged by green slime.
20. Remove unused „Spinner level“ entry from instant info.
21. (PRO only) Right ramp registering two hits instead of one, if a ball is being shoot up the right ramp slowly. The right of the 3 inline switches registers a hit, if the ball starts then starts rolling slowly back down, the lower exit switch counts another hit.
22. Left captive balls give out „gear award“ when "light playfield multipliers" is collected.
23. Librarian mini mode should not be allowed to start during active scenes.
24. There are some lights missing at the extra ball awarded animation.
25. Left captive balls award „light Storage Facility“ even when the final Storage Facility shot is already lit.
-“light Storage Facility“ timer also keeps running during SF multiball if “light Storage Facility“ timer has been started before SF Multiball start. “light Storage Facility“ can be awarded during multiball.
26. Pict-o-pops do award add time when there is nothing to add time.
27. If bonus is maxed at 20X and PKE lanes are completed again. Add a reward.
28. Rework Playfield multiplier rules. These are way to easy to get. So scores go insane to easy.
-Make it so if 2x has been lit but hasnt been activated. And „light playfield multipliers“ is being completed once again. Lite 3x but turn off 2x. If then „light playfield multipliers“ is completed a third time. Lite both 2x and 3x.
29. Sometimes left captive balls start both „light Storage Facility“ and „light Super Jackpot“ timers at the same time. Also gives out both awards with the same shot.
30. After finishing WeAreReadyToBelieveYou the ball should not be auto plunged at the start of AreYouAGod.
31. The sthird captive ball shot sometimes doesnt award the „light super jackpot“ shot when lit. It sometimes just resets the 3 balls and you have to shoot a 4th time. In order to get the award.
32. Some of the new music and sound effects are played at different volumes.
33. Backbox lightning effects are sometimes reversed to the GI lamp effects. For example at the start of AreYouAGod.
34. If you start Storage Facility Multiball while BackOfMan is running. The last mode shot for BackOfMan will cause both Scolery Brother drop targets to remain down, during the rest of Storage Facility Multiball.
35. Make it so that each top mode of each ladder has to be completed, in order to qualify for WeCameWeSaw. Currently these modes can be timed out to be completed.
36. Sometimes the game refuses to kick the ball out of the right scoop. (Happens rarely) The game knows the ball is sitting there. If entering switch test, the switch is marked active. Also the game starts ball seach but does not activate this particular coil. If entering coil test this coil however works...
37. Add an adjustment, which requires the player to spell Ghost in order to activate Slimer. With G always spelled. There are unused G-H-O-S-T display annimations hiding in the code which can be used.
OR implement another neat little mini mode like Librarian. Which triggers when G-H-O-S-T is spelled during mainplay and scenes are ready to start. So the ghost target doesnt conflict with the slimer mode since scenes are already lit.