IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4741 6 years ago

I just got my GB Premium (it joins my new Star Wars Premium). I just bought a few mods: shaker motor, slime river, blades, back board mirror, and the googles and ramp protector plastics. My game came with the Ecto goggles decal upside down. Or is upside down correct? Pictures on Stern’s site show it right side up. Is the top of the Empire State building supposed to be bent and have a hole in it? I assume not. Thanks Michael

IMG_1873 (resized).jpgIMG_1873 (resized).jpg
IMG_1875 (resized).jpgIMG_1875 (resized).jpg
IMG_1880 (resized).jpgIMG_1880 (resized).jpg
IMG_1890 (resized).jpgIMG_1890 (resized).jpg

#4743 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Yea that label is upside down. As for the hole in the Empire State Building, that's what we refer to in the biz as "broken"

Thanks. Dave at Stern will be sending me a new decal and a new city scape. (I also had a broken clear plastic on my Star Wars Premium that they responded to my email and will be sending replacements.) They have been very helpful.

Michael

1 year later
#6623 4 years ago

I love my GB Prem. Bought it NIB. I never really know what ball I am on. But I enjoy the game so much that I really don’t care.

When multiball starts and the game goes into Mass Hysteria mode, I don’t always know when it happens. Is there a sound or something I am missing? Sometimes I see it on the display but usually not looking. It also appears that the flippers switch back and forth so I am constantly loosing balls.

Is this just me or is this something that new code may fix? I like the code as is. But will appreciate new code when provided.

1 week later
#6678 4 years ago

I have a Premium and read about the middle lower right ramp being hard to get and the ball comes back down. There were some comments about changing the size of the hex post I think to 1 3/4"? I cannot figure out where and what would change to make this a more "do-able" shot. Does someone have a photo and can point me to the post that should be changed?

There were also comments about removing a piece of mylar near a switch on the loop. I am not sure where that is. I'll look but any photos are appreciated.

I did buy the shape ways brackets but added the plastic protector on top. If I open the game to work on the other stuff, I might as well change these too.

I love Cliffy protectors. But removed them on the Scolari brothers pop up targets since it appeared to create air balls.

I did buy the protector that goes in front of the Stay Puft guy. It broke soon after and I was sent another and it broke. So I just removed it. Are the comments about reducing the coil strength on the plunger in regards to stopping the ball from banging into something up there and just coming down the right loop?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is time I do some fixing up in preparation for the new code.

#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I bought one of these but took it off because the ball kept getting stuck on top of it and you couldn't get it off without tilting or removing the glass.

Thanks. I misspoke. This is the one I had/have. The first one broke. The second one worked a little better but as you note the ball would somehow get on top of it and would need to open the game. It happened too many times so removed it.

#6685 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I will be no help regarding pictures for I am at work at the moment but the idea of the shorter hex screw is that it lowers that right ramp a little which allows the ball to not get rejected so much. The problem with that shot is that it is super tight and has a very sharp turn to it. Because the original hex screw is longer, it is a steep shot so with the sharp turn and steepness, it causes that ball to not make it up that ramp. The shorter hex screw lowers the ramp so even with a not so clean shot at it, it will make it around. I changed mine out about a year ago and it made a huge difference. Highly recommended.

Is it this post that goes through the plastic above the helmet that I should get a slightly smaller post?

If this post is lowered, would the ball still be going downhill as it goes to the left flipper?

Thanks!
IMG_2005 (resized).jpegIMG_2005 (resized).jpeg

#6689 4 years ago

Thanks. The post is 2". I did have a 1 3/4" post. I think the pictures are in order.

I played a game and got it up the ramp 5 times with left flipper and 2 times with right. A few times, it went half way up and down. But it was nice to see it actually work more than 1 time every few games.

IMG_2006 (resized).jpegIMG_2006 (resized).jpegIMG_2007 (resized).jpegIMG_2007 (resized).jpegIMG_2008 (resized).jpegIMG_2008 (resized).jpegIMG_2009 (resized).jpegIMG_2009 (resized).jpegIMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2011 (resized).jpegIMG_2011 (resized).jpegIMG_2012 (resized).jpegIMG_2012 (resized).jpegIMG_2013 (resized).jpegIMG_2013 (resized).jpegIMG_2014 (resized).jpegIMG_2014 (resized).jpegIMG_2015 (resized).jpegIMG_2015 (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Put a few games on last night. Any basic game pointers I should know? How to start modes...which skill shots to choose...etc...
Any game tutorials based on the new code? I was just flailing around yesterday. Got Mass Hysteria...not sure how. That reverse flipper thing sure threw me off.

Set your time correctly and be playing a game at midnight....

For the reverse flippers, I use the "straight-jacket approach" from Houdini and I play very well with reversed flippers. You will hear a tone (or similar) when the flippers return to normal. The game provides a little bit of a grace period.

Go into Settings, GB specific, #65 Game Mode. Change from "Normal" to "God Mode" (latest code version) and you will play the final wizard mode. Change it back to normal when you want to play regular.

11 months later
#9986 2 years ago

AMC theatres is selling this popcorn holder for $35 as part of promotion for the movie. Looks like a nice topper.

D3DAADB7-E8EA-4447-9516-2BDBDEBB64CD (resized).jpegD3DAADB7-E8EA-4447-9516-2BDBDEBB64CD (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 49.95
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=mbelofsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.