IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6031 4 years ago

I just joined the club last night and I'm trying to get the game dialed in to my taste.

Where should the left scoop send the ball? Mine was setup to the standard power (40) and was pretty much always a center drain. I increased the power to the max and bent it a bit and now it sends the ball to the right flipper. Is this correct or should I have instead lowered the power and had the ball slowly roll down to the left flipper?

Obviously center drains are pretty difficult, so I'm planning on reducing the side drains. One thought I had was to replace the current outlane posts with these plastic ones. This would fit a 3/16" ID rubber instead of the current 7/16" OD rubber. It's a fairly small difference, but with outlanes, I think that difference might be enough to make the game feel a bit more fair. Has anyone tried this?

550-5059-xx_300x169 (resized).jpg550-5059-xx_300x169 (resized).jpg

#6038 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Each scoop should send to the opposite flipper, in this case to the right flipper.

Thank you. I bent my scoop and it seems to be working properly now. I may add some foam too, because it's still hitting closer to the tip of the flipper and I'd prefer it to hit in the center for a more consistent dead pass. It's a great game, but it seems to be very important that the game is setup perfectly to avoid frustration.

#6039 4 years ago

Sorry, for the string of posts, it's a new game for me and I'm excited. Has anyone painted their city plastics? I don't want to do anything major, just make a few of the buildings a bit darker so it's not just the one shade. I'd like them to look like the surrounding plastics.

Here is a quick photoshop mock-up to show what I was thinking. It's pretty subtle.

Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-06 (resized).jpgStern-GhostbustersPro-Details-06 (resized).jpg

#6046 4 years ago

I am looking to dial in the game, as much as possible. I'd prefer the dead flip from right to left, but if I can't get that near 100%, I'll take your suggestion.

1 month later
#6232 4 years ago

Thinking about framing up Vigo in a doll house frame to add to the game. I know there are only one or two callouts from Ghostbusters II, plus the river of slime, but it still seems like something pretty iconic from the series that deserves a place in the game.

20190529_204837 (resized).jpg20190529_204837 (resized).jpg

#6247 4 years ago

Vigo printed and ready for installation.

20190531_164241 (resized).jpg20190531_164241 (resized).jpg

#6262 4 years ago

So someone took a picture with there phone, but didn't download the read me or code. Seems like a prank.

#6275 4 years ago

If someone had the code it would spread like wildfire.

1 week later
#6367 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What else would be say? It's a game he worked on and Stern has been saying for 2 and a half years that they're going to update the code. I actually find it kind of infuriating that he implies that he knows more but isn't allowed to say. Like after two and a half years, what are they supposedly hiding about a code update that they can't reveal? It would make everyone feel better if they gave an estimated delivery date and some details on what to expect, but instead they say the same thing they've been saying for years and act like it has to be some big secret. I think the real secret is that they're just waiting out the clock.

I'm still glad he's saying it. There are people that I simply don't trust at Stern. Zombie Yeti is not one of those people.

1 month later
#6573 4 years ago

Has anyone mounted Stay Puft on a spring? I would think just some random movements would add to the illusion that he is walking.

#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pretty sure he comes stock on a spring.

I see. Perhaps a less stiff spring then, so I see more movement.

#6636 4 years ago

"Top men are working on it."

#6649 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wasn't Stern of the Union today ?

Yes, but it was a copy and paste from last month.

1 week later
#6711 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Here is the link for V1.
You can spend more money and order this in clear, I would order the smoothest it's not perfectly clear, you can paint over this with Tamiya clear paints, just mix a good slime green.
Or order it in pink or green.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/DZFUZ5V2P/ghostbusters-slimer-bash-assembly-pinball-mod?optionId=115679855&key=754f921aa809d6a22634cabe4f3644bc&li=shop-inventory

Any idea how this green matches the color of the slime modes from Back Ally Creations. Considering an order, but I wouldn't want it to clash.

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Scoping out other EM machines on Pinside, I never paid much attention to the Eager Beaver playfield before today.
Sheesh! This flipper gap makes Ghostbusters look like nothing![quoted image]

I switched my Ghostbusters over to those 2" flippers. It was just playing way too easy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#6865 4 years ago

I really don't mind the gap, it's the outlanes that always get me. I'm not skilled enough to save many drains when the games have rubbers, but this one just kills me because I feel like I don't even stand a chance.

#6934 4 years ago

Just agreed on terms of trading in my GB (Pro) towards a AFM. Sorry to be leaving before the code update, but the timing works with the discounts offered at Expo. My fear now is having too many fan layouts, with MET, LOTR, and AFM sitting side by side. Thanks for letting me be a part of the club for a little while.

#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Trader!! But isnt this what the hobby is all about? Buying/selling/trading/re-buying.

It has been for me recently, this past year I've had a chance to try out Congo and Total Nuclear Annihilation --> Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Next Generation --> Lord of the Rings and Attack from Mars. I have been swapping out those two spots in my collection. Every single game I've brought in has been good to great. I'd welcome any of them back into my collection at some point in the future, including Ghostbusters.

Quoted from delt31:

Who trades in gb right before the big code update? Market is about to explode - sure the guy taking in your game couldn't believe it either

This guy. AFM prices are also down $500 at Expo, so I'm calling the code bump a wash. Who knows, maybe I'll be kicking myself, but I know I love AFM and the new code with GB is a mystery. I'm happy I was able to enjoy the game for awhile and recoup back what I put into the machine. I hope the new code is great for all the owners. Thankfully, I will still have access to one at a friend's house.

#6939 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Or you can avoid NIB (biggest waste ever) and just get a sick HUO AFMr for much more than $500 off NIB and try to hold onto an asset that's actually going to climb.
Sometimes I wonder how distributors do well but then I'm reminded.

I had the offer on the table for a few months and I was open to used or NIB. This is the best offer that's come up. I'm happy. I don't really care, but why do you feel the need to try to make others feel bad about their buying and selling decisions? Pinball is fun. Lets keep it that way.

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't mean to make you feel bad. Financially it's such a bad decision, I thought I would try to help.

I just generally would prefer to keep Pinside positive. I perhaps should have shopped around more, but I looked and couldn't find a deal that was better then the show special AFM (CE). There have been a few used sales, which were perhaps a $100 or $200 lower, but they were not in my area. Either way, this year I've been able to rotate in machines and haven't had to add cash from Total Nuclear Annihilation and Congo to Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Next Generation to Lord of the Rings and Attack From Mars.

#7061 4 years ago

The update is certainly an improvement, but I don't think it's going to vastly change peoples opinions on the game.

#7065 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is the librarian insert now used?

Yes, once you finish one of the library modes it lights a librarian mode that cycles along with scoleri brothers and terror dog hurry up.

#7074 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

yes -> and yes

I thought Dwight originally said they hadn't done anything in the topper, but I searched the video closed captions and couldn't fine anything other then what he said at the end of the stream which was, "we did add lots of topper animations, the topper got lots of updates as well".

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

wait... has the scream been removed? That scared the ever loving crap out of me the first time but I loved.

No

#7079 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

Thank you for the information, i watched the stream but must have missed that point...

It was mentioned when they were showing off the library changes. Jack was getting ready to plug his ears and Dwight mentioned to him that the screem was turned off but still in the game.

#7088 4 years ago

I do wish the new ball save was somehow player initiated, not just a setting at the beginning of each ball. Maybe use Slimer to start ball save.

#7111 4 years ago

I would have also taken a timer. I sometimes play after my wife and kids go to bed. The librarian scream is a no go once they are sleeping.

#7210 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Ghostbusters code update is very nice, and has some much needed fixes, but the game is way too easy now IMHO. I got to Are You A God on my first game on the new code. Before I only got to We Are Ready to Believe You once or twice ever. The mode completion for just starting a mode makes it so easy. I got Gozer started (which was a very difficult mode before), drained instantly and the mode was complete...so right on to Staypuft next ball. Mode completion on start and multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets is just too much of a reward for little effort. I got through the game before even hitting 80 ghosts during normal play.

Many of the changes are menu settings, I'm sure the community will figure out a happy medium.

#7244 4 years ago

Yeah, I think adding the Are You A God option as it's own game will add some fun replay value. I want to see a timer so it's a race to collect the 100 ghosts.

#7253 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is a timer LOL - you have 60 seconds to collect 100 Ghosts in WARTBY

Sorry, I was referring to having the game save your fastest times as a alternative to high score. Also, you can hit the captive ball to extend the timer. I'm not sure any of my games have been under 60 seconds.

#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Has the game moved up on the list since the update?

I changed my rankings after the code release, but I'm not sure everyone else has had enough time.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think that is awesome as Loopin Supers is now it's own set piece moment. Sometimes stacking results in too much going on and for individual modes to be lost in the process.

Agreed, in the previous code you could stack everything and the game was very difficult for new users to tell what was important.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.