Topic Stats

• 6,746 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by dnaman
  • Topic is favorited by 216 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fb75512b07521cd316c2b14aacb088b80e59c69d.jpeg (resized).jpg
D502B61B-8C5A-4C18-8492-E43816160EEB (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Eager Beaver Flipper Gap (resized).PNG
68661078_2171231719835341_5055202517713944576_n (resized).jpg
68661078_2171231719835341_5055202517713944576_n (1) (resized).jpg
68554859_2179226062204796_3822761377248837632_n (resized).jpg
68481352_652995345187470_1385058336562479104_n (resized).jpg
68334674_1172135742972504_107662039698112512_n (resized).jpg
67942587_892955034432257_8397604951462772736_n (resized).jpg
67755179_512797486204088_9110689828927700992_n (resized).jpg
67755179_512797486204088_9110689828927700992_n (1) (resized).jpg
67738424_571631006921218_7467873707315167232_n (resized).jpg
67697816_2364288957171413_4937338118211633152_n (resized).jpg
68697912_716705598773104_4185599424140935168_n (resized).jpg
68360822_431834370876240_680988698531069952_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4559 1 year ago

I came across this 4-way sub splitter the other day and, with all the talk of subwoofers, I thought I'd drop it here incase it is of interest to anyone. I only have one pin right now, so I haven't tried it. But, it seems like a good deal as opposed to buying four subwoofers...

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

3 months later
#4830 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome. Those are some cool blankets, where did ya get them?

In case you didn't know, you can get a custom towel/blanket printed with whatever image you want. Just use your favorite search engine as there are many places to choose from. Also, most have a pretty good coupon code (50%+) for your first item.

5 months later
#5438 10 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well its still in production too? So I don't know why they would abandon the code. If they do and I haven't bought mine yet... I won't buy mine. I know I"m only one potential sale. But, from what I hear its still selling and they just did a new run a few months back, and they'll probably do another run... So I don't know why you would. If anything... If I was the head of stern(you'd all be in trouble as the company would have tanked), I would do another production run at the release of the final code. And I would include the missing modes.
I bet since this is pinball, you'd get some 2nd time buyers as well. As some people have sold or traded their original machine. But, I'm probably wrong about everything... Just this game looks amazing, sounds amazing, and I enjoy how it shoots and plays. Might not be the best shooting, or best code(still wip) but the game makes me smile just as much as any pinball machine ever has.

I'm, basically, in the same boat as you. I've been wanting this game since it was announced. But, with the unfinished code, I've been holding off. I was *hoping* that it'd be completed by this fall and I could pick one up this winter. I guess I can keep an eye out for a nice Premium in the meantime and try to save a few bucks over a new one. Or, maybe I change gears and get a Hobbit or Metallica while I/we wait for code to drop.

1 month later
#5612 8 months ago

Join the club on Saturday!

Picked up a nice Premium from pinsider 85Txaggie.

machine (resized).jpg

Question about the red light in the back of the middle newton ball. Are people changing anything about it? Mine seems to be kinda in your face. I think a quick fix would be to put a bulb condom on it, but was wondering if mine is bent or misaligned or something as I don't recall it being like that on location...?

red light (resized).jpg

#5618 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

When GB started you had a 3d printed part that ensured the wireform was not bend. Later that was solved by Stern. The 3d printed part will block also the red light. I do not know if these are still available.

Interesting. I didn't realize there was a difference like this.

I think I'm going to put a bulb condom on it to tame it down a little and go from there.

#5626 8 months ago

I was shopping out my GB and I didn't take enough pictures. Can anyone help point me to where these little "bracket" things go. I have locations for three of them, but I have two that I don't remember where they go.

The ones I know about are the two "brackets" under the hex post under the left ramp. And one that attached the subway exit to a hex post:

Thanks!

post brackets (resized).jpgpost brackets tunnel (resized).jpg
#5634 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I was shopping out my GB and I didn't take enough pictures. Can anyone help point me to where these little "bracket" things go. I have locations for three of them, but I have two that I don't remember where they go.
The ones I know about are the two "brackets" under the hex post under the left ramp. And one that attached the subway exit to a hex post:
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bumping this to see if anyone knows where the other two brackets go (on a premium).

Thanks!

#5637 8 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't know if these are the same brackets you are referring to, but there is one on each corner of the slingshot plastics near the outlanes ...
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like them!

Thanks!

#5642 8 months ago

I was playing around with some custom cards for GB. These themed after the yellow-black of the ghost trap and are a contrast to the purples on the apron.

As always, click for full res.

Cheers!

GB Card - Freeplay (resized).jpgGB Card - Instructions (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5662 7 months ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Just ordered a NIB GB Premium. I think I'm going to get a mod I saw with the flipper airball plastic and overhanging center post (if you want it on there). Are there other mods that might be recommended? I did opt for a shaker, too.

There are lots of mods. I think my most recommended mod for this game are Swinks Target Brackets:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm

I had issues with the ball launch being too powerful and hitting the gate. To combat that I got the heavy compression spring for the auto launch and the green spring for the manual launcher:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-4

I like my pins with ColorDMD too.

Lots more if you are into modding.

1 week later
#5706 7 months ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

New Ghostbusters Movie coming in 2020
Directed by Jason Reitman
Wow
This is epic news!!
I sense a Ghostbusters Vault coming our way next year.
There is finally hope for Code updates
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/amp/

Interesting.

Obviously, the first movie was a "lightning in a bottle" type scenario, so he has some, preverbal, big shoes to fill. However, It sounds like Jason has a lot of passion around this project. Plus the lineage of his father directing the first one is a cool tie-in. I'm very curious to see how it turns out!

2 weeks later
#5749 6 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hoping someone can help me. I need to replace the coil stop on the bottom pop bumper. Not the stop bracket, but the little piece that fits in the coil sleeve. I was hoping someone knew where i could get one since i cant find it anywhere. Or a part number even. Thanks!

I think you have to replace the entire bracket as the coil stop is integrated. The par number is: 515-5939-00

Here are a couple of links:
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-pop-bumper-bracket.html
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-7417
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=515-5939-00
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/metal-parts/pop-bumber-bracket-b-7417-04-10888-stern-515-5939-00/

#5751 6 months ago

Page 42 of the manual has the parts list for the pops.

#5756 6 months ago

Doh! Weak!

1 month later
#5882 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just installed my led color dmd, nice improvement on this one.
What have you all found to be the nest contrast and brightness setting?

I've been running contrast 5 and brightness 9 (with the Glare Eliminator) for my Stern games.

#5908 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hmmm...I’ll have to look again very closely. It appears my target is flush with PF but obviously cliffy sits on PF sonthere is a lip there.
If I raise target to be flush with cliffy, won’t that just create a bigger lip to launch from?
I may just yank those cliffys and lay some mylar.

I don't have cliffy's on the Scoleri Brothers targets but, if I did, I might also put mylar on the outside of the cliffy's. That way you provide a bit of a transition rom the playfield to the cliffy with the mylar. Not sure if that'd help or not, but might be a simple thing to try...?

Also, is there anything like the Mantis protectors for the Scoleri targets? I wouldn't mind putting something in the hole, I just don't want it to come out of the hole like the cliffy's do.

#5929 5 months ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What are people adjusted their ColorDMD settings to? Mine doesn’t seem to have enough black. Stuff is colorwashed.

Are you talking the LED version? If so, and if you haven't already, I'd suggest getting the Glare Eliminator from Comet Pinball. That will help with the black levels.

I'm using the Glare Eliminator and I set mine at 5 contrast and 9 brightness.

#5937 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been struggling to find the optimum setting as well. Running the stock 5/5 at the moment but certain images are a little dim and some like the storage facility multiball animation are slightly washed out.
TaylorVa what are you running that sharpened the image up a bit? What is your brightness as well?

It's be nice if there was a test pattern built into the ColorDMD.

I don't doubt that they very from panel to panel a bit. But, I noticed on my Monopoly it displays a coin slot and show a coin going into it or something. What I didn't notice at first is that on the coin return button it actually says FUN on it. If you have the Contrast too high you can't see the letters. Which, I think the default setting was too high. Same with LOTR you can't see the subtle shading on the font (and the "sparkling" appears less dramatic).

At any rate, try to find an animation or text with a range of brightness/intensities and adjust from there. I'd suggest starting around 4 for contrast and see how it goes.

#5939 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe I always adjusted the contrast the wrong way...so lowering contrast may increase definition of objects and text?

Yeah, that's how mine work anyway.

#5991 4 months ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Biased crowd here, but close to snapping one of these up as my only pin. I'm an average player. How frustrating will this pin be with the stock flippers and no center post?
Also, is there any realistic chance of code actually being finished?

Setup is key. I've played on location and it was BRUTAL. I bought a HUO and don't know what changes, if any, were made by the former owner. But, I made a couple of tweeks, like adding a piece of foam to the left (library) scoop, etc. and I think it plays pretty well. Sure, there are some tough game, but overall I think it is reasonable.

It's your game so you can set it up how you like, but I wouldn't add a center post and/or longer flippers as I want to play the game (at least mostly) as the designers intended.

Chance of code being finished.. I'd say there is a chance. Probably a small one. If we don't have an update by June, I'm going see about staring with a letter and see how that goes.

3 weeks later
#6036 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I just joined the club last night and I'm trying to get the game dialed in to my taste.
Where should the left scoop send the ball? Mine was setup to the standard power (40) and was pretty much always a center drain. I increased the power to the max and bent it a bit and now it sends the ball to the right flipper. Is this correct or should I have instead lowered the power and had the ball slowly roll down to the left flipper?

Each scoop should send to the opposite flipper, in this case to the right flipper. I'm pretty sure I have my power setting to the factory default, but I added some foam to the left side of the scoop hole.

Like this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/86#post-4136879

GB_LEFT_SCOOP (resized).jpg
#6052 4 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and I've heard that the flasher contacts on that flasher can short out on that metal scoop. I put a couple layers of electrical tape on the back of it to prevent that.

That is true. I thought I read that Stern did a change to that area at some point to address that issue, but not 100% sure.

#6062 3 months ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Thanks, will check and good thinking!
Modfather protectors were already ordered and are on their way

Personal preference, but I don't like the air ball protectors. Another option are the Swinks' (Stern) Target Brackets:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960

2 weeks later
#6157 3 months ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just traded for a GB Pro. All stock. Should I invest in a color DMD and a shaker? What other mods do people suggest? LCD DMD or LED DMD? Any suggestions will help on mods to enjoy the experience. Thanks

LED DMD with Comet's Glare Eliminator FTW!

1 month later
#6468 46 days ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

polyprint
http://www.polyprinter.com/polyprinter-229/
I have seen a LOT of printers out there. PLA printers can range from $200-$1200 or more, but the results are usually the same. The resolution on these printers is AMAZING and it's ABS so it's a little stronger.
The basic one is 9x9x9 which is big enough for most people.

I don't know your situation. But, if you are looking for a large(r) format printer that can print items about twice the size, has the same resolution and is about a quarter the price of the PolyPrinter 229, you might take a look at the Tronxy X5ST-500-2E. You can get them delivered for less than $750.

Just an FYI.

2 weeks later
#6555 27 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks like I'll be rejoining the club soon! Rolling the dice and giving this another chance with the anticipation of the code helping out.
In the meantime is there a DIY solution to replacing the balls on the left with green ones and best place to get ecto goggle protector?

Not sure I understand about the green balls; They are all DIY solutions. Just buy green balls and swap out the ones on the left. Easy peasy.

#6596 23 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I'm back in the club! Bought NIB premium when it was first released and I'm back now with an LE.
After opening many since GB, I forgot just how much Stern packed into this game. Wow. And with so many games no longer having assets from the movie this game really stands out now.
I'm back for 1 reason though and that's the code update. It's coming and I'm fine holding on until then. I have a feeling the code is going to be insane and turn this into a walking dead scenario where it totally turned the game around and GB is going to blow up in price bc it really has everything else.
Has a lot of mods already and I just added color dmd, walking SPMM, colored balls and lighted scoops. Love those.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Welcome Back!

Not sure if you know about Swinks "upgraded" target brackets, but I'd highly suggest getting some:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

They seem to solve 99% of the air balls from the targets on either side of the left ramp. So, no need for an unsightly plastic air ball protector.

#6616 22 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great to know will do
Edit - I'm assuming I need to buy two or do they come as pair and how hard to install?

Yeah, you need two.

Pretty easy install. Maybe 10-15 minutes from start to finish.

#6656 18 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if you can change the auto launch strength? I was looking last night and couldnt find the setting.

As mentioned there is no setting. However, it has been suggested to get a stiffer/stronger spring to help tame the auto launch a bit. I believe this is the one that people are using.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside