IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 7 years ago

LE. Arriving in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Reinforcement is spelled correctly on my playfield.

Were you hoping it would be? Would be kinda cool to have the most limited of all editions!

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm starting to think that the first LE video is going to be coming from the first people to get them and not from Stern directly.

You are technically correct. The Premium video will be coming before LE models arrive.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

10 days or less until Pros start shipping to homes i was just told by Auto

Been seeing a lot of pros - but maybe that's just USA location play and homes in Canada?

#165 7 years ago

Awesomeness. Jack had said Premium, but great to see the LE

1 week later
#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Not sure how CT chooses which order to ship units. I paid for my pro in full on April 8th and still nothing yet, not even a peep.

I would definitely call Melissa if you haven't already.

1 week later
#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Mine is shipping today my distributer just told me!!

What model?

1 week later
#555 7 years ago

Thoughts on the accessories? Looks like they changed the topper from the earlier prototype a bit?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It looks better than the 1st one I saw. It still looks like the LAH topper to me.
It goes well w/ the pro/premium artwork...but not at all w/ the LE artwork.

I agree the topper looks better. Does it have an actual siren? That would be pretty awesome.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I'm trying to figure out where Kermit24 got that picture. I see no updates on the Stern website or FB.

Zombie Yeti's FB page

1 month later
#872 7 years ago

There was an unboxing in France yesterday.

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I would bet Stern would charge $1000 for what ColorDMD does for $400. My big concern would be Stern forcing ColorDMD to not make SPIKE kits like they've done with other mod devs.

CDMD isn't infringing on any IP - Stern can't force them to stop.

1 week later
#955 7 years ago

Officially a member. LE #52

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Awesome! Happy for you. Got a Premium on order and would love for it to arrive this week as I am on vacation. Not gonna happen. At least I know of one GBLE in Georgia!

There will be 3 GBLE in the Northern ATL!

1 week later
#1071 7 years ago

Can you turn down the brightness in the settings like GOT? I am at work so I can't check...

#1112 7 years ago

I don't have a special number and got mine almost two weeks ago. I don't think my distro did any special numbers.

#1139 7 years ago

Thought I would share this simple adjustment that has reduced the airballs off the 2X playfield values target. I replaced the stock foam behind the target with a thicker one. Easy asjustment. This is in an LE, not sure if it is necessary on a Pro.

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How do they register now?

They register fine with a ball. When I barely touch it with my finger the other target is more sensitive but it seems fine during play.

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They register fine with a ball. When I barely touch it with my finger the other target is more sensitive but it seems fine during play.

But to be clear, this doesn't eliminate air balls. Just a little less air from that target.

#1182 7 years ago

The game is really fantastic. Getting better every day. Earlier I posted that adding thicker foam behind the 2X playfield target helped a bit with airballs. Well I found something that has helped a bit more. Two things actually.

1. Bend the 2X and 3X playfield targets down a bit. I noticed on my Star Trek that the small stand up targets were leaning forward, not back, so I bent the 2X and 3X targets down a bit. That helped way more than the foam.

2. Increase the pitch of the playfield. I started at exactly 6.5 degrees. I feel the airballs reduced and it played better overall at a bit steeper pitch. It was curious because the bubble that is on the side rail is true much closer to 7 degrees. So I made it a bit more steep.

Thee two things have made the game play better IMO. Your mileage may vary but wanted to share.

Eric

1 month later
#1514 7 years ago

So is the airball stopping plastic for sale anywhere?

#1516 7 years ago

I am surprised that Stern has not added the plastic to the game already, like the captive ball wire fix. It seems to be needed on the LE / Premium mainly.

#1517 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You may want it more like 7 degrees. The flippers are really strong on this game.

Rob

Totally agree on the pitch for the premium / LE. Put it at 7.

1 week later
#1558 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You were right- the stern wire fix doesn't let the target rest forward enough to open the switch. I'll have to file it back a bit. Anyone else have this?

Do you have the metal plate completely flat on the playfield? You may need to take out the red LED behind the target to make it flat. The metal piece goes around the LED bulb socket.

#1612 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Heres something for you to work towards

Ok, now please remove the center post kit

#1619 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For "Gozer" mode, I just try & complete it as fast as possible to get to the huge points that are in the final mode of that ladder (Stay Puft). When I start Gozer, I don't waste time building up the shot values, I just go straight for the required completion shots.
First, you hit the right ramp.
Then, hit the flashing center Gozer target up the middle behind the pops (this shot is easiest to make from the right flipper).
Then, you need to hit 3 lit shots (left loop, right loop, and left ramp). I save the left ramp shot for last.
After that, the final shot needed to complete the mode will be, once again, the flashing Gozer target up the middle behind the pops.

An alternate way to get Gozer is to shoot the spinner. It will bounce around in the pops and hit Gozer in the process.

1 week later
#1728 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I may be crazy but it doesn't seem like orbits register for modes after starting a MB. Just me?

I have noticed if a ball just shoots out of the shooter lane the right orbit won't register if it hits the switch as the ball is being launched.

4 weeks later
#1818 7 years ago

Guys and Gals, with the new 1.10 code I can't seem to find the manga sling power adjustment. Where is it?

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i only know FW 1.10
no settings for magna slings

I am glad I wasn't crazy but it is strange that they removed it. Maybe there were issues with it.

#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does anyone else have this small white spot on the plastic? Looks like they didn't trim it correctly.

Nope - Definitely not. You have a one of a kind!

#1827 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Yes mine has it too.

Two of a kind!

2 months later
#1922 7 years ago

The dots for flipper alignment should not vary from game to game. Should be aligned with the middle of the flipper. Do you have a photo?

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've only been a member of the club for about a week, but I'm really enjoying the game so far. What triggers that blood curdling scream from the librarian? I've only experienced it a few times, but it's by far the loudest thing I ever heard come out of a pinball machine!!!

Random. Totally. And yes it's cool but I turned it off since the kids are often sleeping....

#1931 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone know a fix for the prem/Le where strong right orbit shots aren't registering?

Haven't seen that. Check the switch. Unless you are in multiball and a ball happens to be in the shooter lane when you hit the right orbit. Similar thing happens on GOT I believe. Maybe it's how the code accounts for it.

#1933 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Switch is good. The ball is jumping the switch on strong shots.

Don't really have that issue. Check the pitch. Maybe lower coil power.

#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

The speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com are by far the best thing I have added...I think it was like $69 for everything

That's super reflective on the glass. Do you use bent plastic on your game?

#1939 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm glad you asked this, because I'm having this exact same issue. The game is still very new to me, so I haven't even really opened it up to check it out closely yet. Where is the switch that registers the right orbit shot? The only one I see is the opto inside the tunnel. I think it may be some kind of bug in the code, because the hologram shot always seem to register, even when the orbit shot doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

Ectogogles is the opto at the hologram - The right orbit is a switch just before the orbit turns right. Different switches.

#1942 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! I looked for another switch, but it was hiding back there behind the Stay Puft guy. The ball must be getting some air when it goes over the drop target and isn't fully engaging that switch. I'm not sure how to address this.

Do you have a cliffy protector on the drop?

#1977 7 years ago

Maybe this is new in 1.12? I am playing Spook Central, ball in the pops and either from a pop award or from hitting Gozer, I see in the DMD, "Stay Puft Award Grows" ~20M. Anyone else seen this? Not sure if it was related to the mode or just a random pop award? Maybe I just never noticed this and it has been there all along.

#1978 7 years ago

Just had my best ever game at Ghostbusters and my first single shot worth more than 1 BILLiON in pinball. 6X playfield combined with PKE frenzy. So fun. Save that multiplier for something good!

IMG_0171 (resized).JPGIMG_0171 (resized).JPG

#1983 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. That's the switch that schwaggs was referring to.

Triple confirm

1 week later
#2007 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone heard some of the new call outs on code 1.13?
I have only noticed the SFM call out so far, but I'm also not that good to get any further.

There are quite a few new call outs. I played with headphones last night and noticed many more than when playing without. It's funny how a seemingly small update with callouts properly placed can make the game seem much more complete. Not saying that they won't add new things (which I think they certainly will) - if they have sold 2,000 GB games so far (the speculation) it is seemingly is the fastest selling Stern title in a long time... they will support it wide solid code.

2 weeks later
#2084 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,club Member Hawkmoon has a Question??? OK,you owners,I have tried everything and I cannot figure out how the little desk Top GB logo assembly goes together???You know,the one in the goody bag??It has two legs and the GB logo and the name Ghostbusters in black letters??Anybody???

It's just decorative. Put it on your desk. Put it on a shelf. Some games have that. It just depends on how much plastic is left over on the sheet that isn't used in the game...

1 week later
#2108 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I believe the final wizard mode is "Are you a god?" I doubt it's been coded either.

It is coded. Beat all three mode trees.

#2111 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's "We're Ready to Believe You".

Oh yeah. That's what I was thinking of....

1 week later
#2142 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Right on - cheers Chuck!
Definately a tough game - the gap between the flippers is huge - are people actually drilling the playfield & installing a center post like on WOZ? I wonder how much different longer flippers look and feel playing the game? I'm installing the cliffy set tonight & gonna order a guard to stop the hops off the stand-ups. Overall it looks awesome, but hard as hell out of the box. I've only gotten multiball once so far from the locks which is frustrating - I know - play better!

Enjoy your game. Getting the ball under control is the key to doing anything in GB. Dead flip, use your skill shot to start modes, and shoot the middle yellow Ghost target front the left flipper only.

Pinball Life sells a kit that protects from balls jumping over the inlane rails and has an option for a center post suspended above the play field. That will make it play easier for sure. They are currently out of stock. Email terry at PL for info as to when they will get restocked. I would move your outlane posts in for now. The one on the right is a bit of a PITA since you have to loosen the ramp to get to it.

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yep. Takes a good bit to qualify the play field.
On another note, anyone upgrade their speakers with a FF kit? Worth it?

Hey Taylor. I ordered the FF speaker kit with the 10" woofer and will install it tomorrow. My buddy @randomkg installed the same kit on his Game of Thrones LE and it sounds amazing. That's why I ordered it actually. I'll keep everyone posted on it.

Eric

#2192 7 years ago

Ok so reporting back on the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. I ordered the 10" Spike kit for my Ghostbusters. The install was very easy. I have installed FF kits on both SAM (Star Trek) and WPC (TZ) games and been happy with the results.

Wow. This is a completely different level altogether in terms of audio. The highs are crisp, the midrange is tight and the bass is fantastic. There are so many details is the audio for this game that the stock speakers do a horrible job of reproducing. This is a no brainer upgrade and makes the single biggest difference vs any upgrade I can think of. The audio quality in GB is fantastic and Spike + FF makes a huge difference.

#2199 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Easy swap out? Anyone post any videos of an install on their machine? Can you post a link to the kit you bought...sounds like a must have!

Very easy swap out. No video, but here are some photos.

IMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPG

IMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0357 (resized).JPG

IMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPG

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

#2200 7 years ago

Another thing: the ugly 2 coil crossover mech in the backbox is no longer needed. You can now remove it. This thing.

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPG

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Would the FF speakers (maybe the smaller ones) pair well with a subwoofer or would that be overkill?

I defiantly won't be hooking up mine to a sub. I actually had my GB connected to a sub before the install. That went upstairs. Maybe the 8" could benefit from an external, but I would still think no. The speakers are pretty balanced and you can adjust bass in the game settings.

#2204 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive been enjoying mine and the difference with a standard polk sub.
What would be the expected difference heard, in switching to a FF System?
Would an Old man hear this difference?

For sure Art. I had a 10" infinity external subwoofer connected before i went to this setup. The sub is great for bass. But with the FF speakers you hear so much more detail with everything else. Much better quality. Not loud, tinny, and harsh like the stock speakers. Plus the bass is tighter (not muddy) You would notice it too. Assuming you are not deaf!

#2208 7 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thread is now 45 pages long and I am sure this question has already been answered, but I
dare to ask in any case. The volume on my pin is now at 1 and the music is -20 and speech -10.
The audio is still quite loud and if I turn it up a notch to 2 or 3, it get much louder than to what
I have used to: usually the changes have been small and incremental with every notch, but here
the audio just gets quite much louder with every notch.
Is the pin supposed to be this loud, or is there some setting that I should use to make the pin
a bit quieter?

For some reason, this game is louder than others. It seems that the minimum volume is much higher than other games. I am wondering if that can be adjusted in the code?

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Sam is mono spike is stero big difference in sound

GB has a different volume level. GOT isn't screeching at level 10. Not sure why. Putting the FF speakers changed things a lot, where there is more range in the volume control. Maybe because they need more power to drive them.

1 week later
#2352 7 years ago

I don't know of another game that has that "one more game" vibe like Ghostbusters. Granted, this is partly because it kicks my ass so often but it's still a fantastic game. Speakers and PDI glass have been awesome mods too!

#2359 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Those that did the speaker upgrade feel that it's worth the money? What are your favorite mods?

The Flipper Fidelity speakers are an awesome mod. The quality of the audio is very crisp and tight and sounds amazing with the upgraded speakers. Night and day. I got the 10" woofer.

#2362 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm planning on doing this myself. It's only $135 at Pinball Life. The audio in the game is really good. I'm impressed with the music and sound effects. I wish I could attenuate the pop bumper sound effects a small amount, though.
I currently and running it with an external sub. The start of facility multiball is really heavy on the bass! It sounds awesome.

Yep I got mine from Pinball Life also. Good shipping rates there.

#2448 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm new to the GB thing, having just placed an order for a Pro, and plan on installing this shaker motor too. Is that aux board stock or did you add it to power other mods (like leg light-ups...?!).

With spike an additional board for the shaker isn't necessary. Just bolt it down and plug it in. Not sure what aux board you are talking about, but PBL does sell one to power mods.

2 weeks later
#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Ordered my topper from Classicgamerooms on eBay for $504.00 with "fast and free shipping" on 4.4.17. As of today my topper still hasn't shipped. I contacted them and the owner told me they weren't in stock but he has 10 on the way and is expecting them in tomorrow 4.10.17. Seems pretty deceiving to list an item you don't even have in stock. I was hoping to have my topper by tomorrow at the latest. Anyone else dealt with this company? They have great feedback on eBay somehow! Hopefully it actually ships tomorrow.

Jason is our local ATL Stern Distro. Good guy. I have bought 3 NIB Stern games from him and have been happy.

2 weeks later
#2893 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

GB code was changed to try and make it less difficult for new players. Which is fine, but some of these changes cannot be adjusted in the game settings which I hope Dwight will consider adding.
My wishlist:

Spinner levels which can be increased outside of random awards

Increase Spinner Level is also a skill shot you can hit.

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This was my first on only pinball...so far. I'm a noob(owner) too.
Congrats on the purchase!

Welcome you guys. I love the fact that Ghostbusters seems to bring new people to the hobby. That's awesome

1 month later
#3262 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Six months in and still loving my Premium. What are the chances we'll see a Proton Stream add-on kit released along with a corresponding code update? I keep thinking the L-brackets are there for a reason...

I used to think that. Those are actually to prevent ball sticks. Now the holes in the lower left and right of the playfield are definitely for the protons. Or used to be. Seems the proton add on turned out to be too costly for stern to launch. It would have been too expensive. Jody mentioned that on one of the Facebook tours and also Trudeau mentioned it in an interview.

1 month later
#3599 6 years ago

Yes! If you get to the later modes, the player should be rewarded with huge scores. This is not a bad thing.

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I figured this, just hoping they could multi-task....

Dwight isn't the only one working on "his" games. They operate as a team, with a lead. Waison is working on the Jedi Battle (light saber duel?) mode for Star Wars. No reason why they wouldn't divide and conquer here.

1 week later
#3683 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

does anyone know if there is an attract function when game is not being played?

Yes.

1 month later
#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

With all this uncertainty we’ll never see a colordmd for this title. They want completed code.

I don't buy this at all. Metallica code was updated and the Color DMD worked fine with a few things that needed to be fixed in color.

3 months later
#4539 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment that I can turn off during the reverse flipper multiball mode of keeping the backwards flippers working the entire time during the mode besides switching back to the normal flippers?? If there is, I couldn’t find it on my search of the adjustments menu. I know....I know....don’t hit the slimer target. BESIDES THAT!
It’s so cool to finally get that mode, but frustrating as heck to have it switch back without no hint or sound effect telling you otherwise. I like using the technique of criss-crossing my arms than constantly hitting the flipper buttons trying to keep the multiball going. Takes the fun out of that mode IMO.

It's not the Slimer target. Don't hit the book stacking captive ball...Also there definitely IS a sound effect that indicates the flippers are switching back. Make sure you are running the latest code.

#4541 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No ....
Hopefully new code will give us that option , Hint , Hint ....Stern .

What?! That is the main feature/gimick of Mass Hysteria Multiball!

#4576 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Fun game I filmed yesterday. Lottsa action. 4.2b score. 660pke total,big mass hysteria,staypuft wcws etc. Great fun. Enjoy
» YouTube video

Nice video. Did you use a GoPro or something similar? I like the wide angle.

1 year later
#6528 4 years ago

Prediction: When the GB code drops, there will be 4 GBLE WTB ads.

#6530 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Is my GB‘s clock supposed to keep it‘s time when the system is powered off? What‘s wrong if it doesn‘t?

Dead battery?

#6539 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I believe so if the license will allow it.

Everything is negotiable. Licenses can be extended or renewed.

2 months later
#7454 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement Scoleri Brothers target decals?

Check your goodie bag inside the cabinet.

#7463 4 years ago

Never had a problem with SanDisk USB sticks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.