IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4147 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well Arron is an great game for sure so I can see why it gets so much love but I really like GB also personally. Seems like I will lay off of GB for awhile and then play it and really enjoy it and wonder why i wasn’t playing it. Do you have the Premium? If so reverse the sling rubbers if you haven’t already done so, makes the game way more fun. I also moved my outlane posts in and you get a few less ball drains from that, it kinda makes the game seem a little less brutal and that of course equals more fun.

Why reverse the sling rubbers?

#4150 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Because on the Premium it makes the magna slings more active and it really brings the game to life. It doesn’t make them too active, just more active that they are from the factory. Don’t ask me why it does either because I really don’t even know why, all I know is it is cool as hell lol. Golfing Dad is the one who told me about it and I’m glad that I took his advice and switched mine around. It’s the best mod you can do and it’s totally free!

Nice. I will give it a shot! Thanks!

#4155 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will look like this when you reverse them.

Done. Thanks! Works great.

I also moved down the outlane posts...I would be lying if I said I wasn’t cussing out the placement of the right outlane post. Having to take off the whole right plastic to move that post blows!!

#4158 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol yeah that right one kind of sucks for sure. Did those two things make this game alot better though or what? I think it's a major improvement in the fun of this game don't you?

Hell yeah! Loving this game. Once you make the adjustments needed and add the airball/outlane protectors, this game plays awesome! Family loves it as well!

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Exactly guys who dont like this game are weak but those who like TWD/IM ect love it.
New code is apparently coming in a few weeks, pumped!!

Is it really a few weeks? That would be amazing! Have they actually given any sort of timeline though?

#4165 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I may have miss read it, looks like after star wars is compleate in a few weeks GB update is next
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

Nice! Thanks for the link!

#4166 6 years ago

Any reviews on the topper? $500 seems like a bunch of money, but it sure does look like it completes the machine...

Is it worth it? Does it have good interaction with the game? I don’t see a ton of info on it.

2 weeks later
#4211 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Have you guys seen the latest 2 Stern service bulletins? Should we be requesting both kits and installing them? Could these issues be responsible for node board failures?
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

Yep. Ordered both kits a couple weeks ago.

1 week later
#4268 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you make a video of how these interact with the game?

+1 very interested

#4329 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Since I have had my playfield replaced by Stern I have been having issues with the right Orbit. Sometimes it does not register my shots but the concerning thing to me is that is often kicks the ball back to me like there is something in that orbit bricking the shot. The only thing I can think of is its the semi circle switch "thingy" that registers the shot that is getting stuck and not going down which then makes it like a wall up in there causing the ball to fall back down. Anyone have had any issues with this before?

I had the same issue. I installed the right orbit protector from cpr9999 and it now shoots like butter. No more bricks, air balls, and the switch registers great! Best thing is that I didn’t have to do anything to the playfield itself. Highly recommended!

#4332 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Has anyone installed theese ?
Thought this was an easy thing but this can't be right.Ball doesen't go through the hole
Can't move the ramp more either for the ball to go through

Yep. Here are some pics.

0BAF3CEE-AF9A-4CF3-B45A-ABCC56B26240 (resized).jpeg0BAF3CEE-AF9A-4CF3-B45A-ABCC56B26240 (resized).jpeg

CB3AF75F-472F-47C1-A35E-BB3C77246B35 (resized).jpegCB3AF75F-472F-47C1-A35E-BB3C77246B35 (resized).jpeg

#4337 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Mine looks a bit different.Maby i bought the wrong one.Are there 2 versions of theese ?

Yep. There is a pro and a premium/LE version. I got mine here - you can choose your style:

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-pinball-slimer-lane-guards

2 weeks later
#4427 6 years ago

I love my gb. I feel like it shoots really well at this point. I have seen some posts about replacing the hex post on the right ramp. Does anyone have a pic? Does it really help that much? Also, is this the right piece (1 5/8):
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

#4458 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

So which one is more fun? Pro or Premium?

Premium. No doubt. Played both many times.

I love the magna slings (switching the rubbers made them awesome), but the subway ramp was a game changer for me. I think it is awesome how it goes under the PF and back up...plus you get an actual ball lock.

Everyone's opinion is different, but for me it is worth it.

#4464 6 years ago

Take the main rubber and move it to the bottom slot on post. Take the rubbers that were there and move them to the top notch. Should look like this on both slings when done. Credit: Who-Dey

F3206A3F-6AE5-40E2-8152-336A40098AA2 (resized).jpegF3206A3F-6AE5-40E2-8152-336A40098AA2 (resized).jpeg

#4465 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

You just flip the 2 sling rubbers on the premium. It is what basically made me keep my premium. Totally makes the magna slings go nuts. I think some premiums left the plant with the sling rubbers on the wrong way.

I also believe these were assembled wrong. After playing with the rubbers this way the magna slings act more like normal slings (way cooler though). This was a game changer for me.

Quoted from woody76:

The subway shot is worth the upgrade to me. It is in my top 3 favorite shots in pinball.

Me too. I love it. Right up there with nailing the vault in TAF!

#4467 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting - I think mine look like that now though. Maybe previous owner did this? Anyway to tell for sure? If I understand correctly you take the original rubber slings and swap them with the rubbers right below them (that are in that inlane)?

Take a pic of your slings like the one above. That is the easiest way to know.

#4473 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not the little one but you led me to the right place. It's the larger one to the left of that going to poppers. My games poppers really are active!
Btw have are my rubbers right now

Looks like they are already switched for ya!

#4497 6 years ago

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?

I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

#4507 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Guys
Can somebody explain how PKE Frenzy is working and how the multiplayer is comming into the scoring please.

Credit Tilt Forums (CaptainBZarre):
PKE Frenzy
This mode can be started by either collecting 80 Ghosts, making the right ramp Skill Shot, or from a Tobin’s Spirit Guide award. All switches score a large number of points, and a jackpot is lit at the right ramp. The value of this Jackpot is 1,000 points times your current PKE level, but it gradually decays in value (the multiplier drops by 1x from a maximum of 8x every 5 seconds), so you should keep hitting switches to keep it up. Hitting 5 switches anywhere on the playfield or hitting the standups near the left captive balls will increase the multiplier by 1x. This can be a very lucrative mode with a multiball stacked into it, especially later in the game when you have more PKE.

#4581 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can also put a piece of ball dead drop foam on the left side of the scoop and it will fire to the right flipper every time like money!

Tried this today. Works perfect! Thanks Who-Dey

1 week later
#4635 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I've been out of the protection loop for awhile but my game occasionally has the ball jumping behind Stay Puff when hitting a hard right orbit shot. Is there a protector now or something to prevent that from happening?
Round 2 with this game and I really appreciate it more now. It's so unique and with the updated custom soundtrack, it's really enjoyable.

cpr9999 makes a right loop protector that works great!

4 years later
#11095 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

GB is by far the game that everyone comes back to over and over in my house.

Same. I bought a Premium NiB, then sold it to a buddy locally after a while. Family and I missed it so much that I bought it back Solid game once you get it all dialed in and code updated. Not leaving again.

1 month later
#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I am not a fan of magna slings, that’s why I went with a pro.
But I do love that Munsters topper you sold me !

Fascinating. I always thought the magna slings were such a cool theme integration…

#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I want to play pinball not magnetize my balls

Never had an issue with them magnetizing my balls lol. Plenty of games use magnets all over the place. To each their own, I think they are fun. Adds a cool element to the game!

1 month later
#11305 1 year ago
Quoted from oradke:

It‘s a cool mod, but obstructs the view on PKE. I took it off my machine because of that. YMMV.

Would be cool to tie the wiring to the PKE lights themselves and have the subway car windows spell PKE...where the windows would light up in accordance to the PKE lights. That would solve the issue of blockage and also help with the overall PKE solution. Just a thought.

1 week later
#11340 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Thank you all for your interest!
I will update my first post and add names there. If more than 20 are interested ill create my own thread about the mod .

In for sure

1 month later
#11438 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone have any success with the Scoleri Spring fix? I feel like it's worse now. The ones I pulled off (factory?) had blue paint on them and seemed stronger.
[quoted image]

Have these on mine and they work great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 103.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=jyeakley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.