IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4818 5 years ago

Looks like I'm getting back into the club, this time with a Pro (sold my Premium a year ago... not a fan of the magnet slings at all). I am so excited!

I've been looking at mods for the last few days and there are some awesome ones out there. Are there any good mods for the right orbit? (where the ecto goggles are on the Premium/LE) That area looks a bit bare on the Pro. I was thinking about somehow modifying the slimed "Welcome to New York" sign I've seen out there.

#4832 5 years ago

Trying to read up on my GB rules... do the inner inlanes (without the ghost insert) award anything?

#4837 5 years ago

Stern has claimed in their "Stern of the Union" address that there will be a final code update sometime this summer. The Librarian insert still needs to be coded.

#4841 5 years ago

Pulled the trigger on a GB Pro... should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

#4851 5 years ago

Got my Pro. Loving it! Except for one thing...

It looks like ink under the clearcoat. Sucks. Any ideas on what can be done with it (if anything)? I was thinking maybe a custom sticker to cover it up.

Also, when I plunge the ball, it never goes all the way around. Just hits the stop to the left of the P every time. Is there an adjustment for that? I am also getting the ball stopped by Stay Puft on the plunge sometimes.

IMG_8502 (resized).JPGIMG_8502 (resized).JPG

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you talking about the little black spec on the insert arrow when you say ink under the clearcoat? If so that doesnt look that bad and wouldn’t bother me any truthfully. Play and have fun and you will forget all about that little black mark!

Yeah. And you're right... the more I play, the more it doesn't matter. It does look a little bigger in person but still not that terrible. Just annoying on such a beautiful machine.

Now I just have to figure out why the gate to the left of the PKE inserts won't let the ball past. It stops it dead even on right loop shots. I have not had one ball go through there yet.

And thanks cpr9999 for the link! I already purchased an air ball protector but I'm thinking about the Stay Puft one. Thanks again!

#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im trying to figure out what gate you are talking about to the left if the PKE inserts. Left or right side of the playfield?

Top left of the pic... next to the P.

IMG_8506 (resized).JPGIMG_8506 (resized).JPG

#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Have you checked the switch heading into the orbit (right side)? That’s what triggers that gate.
Mine was doing what you’re describing, and it turns out that a wire on that switch had a loose connection.

I will try that in the morning. Thank you for the suggestion!

#4863 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Have you checked the switch heading into the orbit (right side)? That’s what triggers that gate.
Mine was doing what you’re describing, and it turns out that a wire on that switch had a loose connection.

I tried to check all connections under the playfield. There were some that were loose, so I tightened them up. Nothing fixed the issue yet.

In fact, neither gate, left or right, goes up. I can't hit an orbit shot from either orbit that goes all the way around. I thought maybe there was an adjustment that was turned off to not allow orbit shots or something... but I don't even see a test adjustment for either gate.

I'll probably give Stern a call when I get a chance later today.

#4865 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do your rollovers work in switch test mode?

Yes, both orbit rollovers work in switch test mode.

#4867 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

During game play and plunging the ball over the rollover you have confirmed your left gate does not open forcing the ball into P,K, or E?

Yes, this is correct. When I push the right orbit rollover, the left gate does not open.

Chuck Smith's video here shows the right orbit switch causing the left gate to open. Mine is NOT doing that.

EDIT: I rechecked the connections under the playfield tonight and didn't find anything loose. I even re-seated some of the connectors that have to do with that switch. Nothing has fixed the issue yet.

#4868 5 years ago

So I called Stern tech support. They said to hold the left flipper for the gate to be activated and go all around. I'm thinking that's incorrect for this game and I have to call back.

Also, I added the topper today. When it finished, the node board update failed. I cycled the power and it failed again. However, the game works fine (except for the gate issue). I check the node board in the test mode and it looks fine.

#4870 5 years ago

Spoke to Stern again. Looks like a bad coil for the gate so they are sending a new one. The gate on the Pro is attached to the ramp diverter. When I test ramp diverter in the coil test, only the ramp diverter moves and NOT the gate coil.

Can anyone who has a Pro test their ramp diverter and see if the left gate opens as well?

#4882 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some mod ideas. Nothing too tacky or over the top, just some small stuff here and there.
Topper
Green glo balls
Premium library
Storage facility
Library ghost
Side blades
PKE mirror
Ghostbusters firehouse
Airball protectors
New York sign
Speaker lights

Thanks Mudflaps! I have already added:

Topper
Art Blades
Mezel Mods Library
Scoop Light
Storage Facility Light
Airball protector
Speakers lights
Pop bumper pink river of slime
Lane protectors
New York sign (although I don't know where to put it yet)

I want to add the glow balls and the firehouse

#4913 5 years ago

Having an odd issue with my GB Pro.

I light the Storage Facility locks. Sometimes all three at once... sometimes throughout the game.

First ball shot up the left ramp locks properly... diverter works.
Second ball does not... the diverter doesn't pop out. But the Storage Facility lock animation appears on the screen. Ball goes to right inlane.
Third ball up the ramp locks properly... diverter works.

It always happens in the order I just wrote.

On the second ball up the ramp when the diverter doesn't work, the Storage Facility light stays on after the ball comes down to the right inlane and the lock animation ends.

Anyone experience this?

2 weeks later
#5016 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The ones with the misspellings were the earliest playfields made and are among the most prone to issues. Stern pulled a sneaky and started sending them out as replacements well after the spelling was corrected on the factory run machines. They also sent the misspelled ones overseas late in the run, they might have even built them into later machines for the US, but I haven't seen confirmation of that. Basically if it's a misspelled PF, that's an easy tell for more haggling or walk away because it's from a "troubled" era of playfield run.

My GB Pro I bought a month ago NIB has the "reinforcment" misspelling.

#5019 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the build date on the back of the machine? If it's recent, then Stern is sneaking those old playfields into new US builds and this is the first confirmation.

I believe it's July 2017.

#5020 5 years ago

However, mine also has the black metal rail on the left side of the playfield that matches the right side... unlike the pictures of the GB Premium above which have the silver metal rail. Not sure when they switched to the black metal rail.

#5022 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think that's around the time some overseas reported getting old mis-spelled playfields in their new machines, too. No ghosting on yours? The mis-spelling is a bummer, even if the playfield cured enough not to ghost...

None yet. Just an ink mark under the clear coat on the arrow for the PKE (right ramp) shot which is pretty annoying. I don't even notice the misspelling.

10 months later
#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I wouldn’t change your posts, get some of those Yoyokopter save posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter
They were installed on my game by the previous owner and I gotta admit, they really do give you a fighting chance without ruining the challenge. And you can just pop em off and drop them in the coin box when you’re ready to get hardcore.

I agree with this. I got these and they are excellent.

6 months later
#7600 4 years ago

Yes, it has been updated. I installed the new ColorDMD file this morning. So far I see that:

- Librarian Mode is colorized
- The trap stays colored all the way through the 1st Storage Facility lock
- Are You A God? is colorized on the high score screen

Haven't played enough to see the other updates in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 49.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=jeffsarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.