IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8220 3 years ago

I’m new to the SPIKE ecosystem. I just picked up a Ghostbusters premium and want to add an LED strip to the trough area and an led to each scoop. I plan on tying all three of them to the GI lights. Will this cause problems to the system or do I need to get a secondary power source for mods?

I’ve done this plenty of times on my SAM system games but I know these node boards can be finicky.

#8222 3 years ago

I’ve noticed multiple times on my game that when add a ball or extra ball is lit, I hit the left scoop to collect but it just ejects the ball without giving me the add a ball or extra ball. Has anyone else experienced this? I only see one switch in there so I know it’s sensing the ball since it ejects it.

#8235 3 years ago

So, the “god mode“ that’s been implemented into the new code...is there a way to start that without going into the settings and turning it on? Flipper button combination?

#8237 3 years ago

Well, that’s not very convenient when you want to just play a quick game of Are You a God. Bummer!

#8257 3 years ago

My game will not save the date/time settings when I turn it off. It always resets to Feb 15, 2015. This makes it impossible for midnight madness to happen at midnight. Does anyone else have this problem?

#8260 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You just need to change the battery in the CPU board. That happened to ours as well.

Thank you. That would make sense. Do you change the battery with the power off or on? I’d rather not lose my settings...if that’s even a possibility with Spike 1 games.

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We did ours with the game off. I am fairly sure the battery only does the time in Spike games.

Thanks!

1 week later
#8294 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey all. I'm having this issue with my Librarian scoop on my Premium. Ball pops in, lights flash, then it spits it out, doesn't register it etc. Curious if anyone has any experience fixing this? Presumably i just bend the metal a bit but I wasn't sure what tool or exactly how to go about it. Thanks! G[quoted image][quoted image]

I just went through this same ordeal. You have to bend the switch upward. A little bend is all it takes. I was able to bend mine with a Leaf switch adjustment tool. Make sure the power is off so you don’t short anything out.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

1 week later
#8307 3 years ago

Looks like I had a wicked airball that took out my Ecto Goggles display. Marco has them for $179. Does anyone know any other purchase options? How about aftermarket protectors so this doesn’t happen again? So bummed....

4E760CEE-A98D-4DDA-B97D-692E9587E02B.jpeg4E760CEE-A98D-4DDA-B97D-692E9587E02B.jpeg
#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I got this one from Stern for the Ecto Googles display, but actually never got around to mounting it yet:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB187-1.pdf
Perhaps i should do it today! Man i would hate for it to break the LCD, knowing that i had a protector lying around, but was too lazy to mount it

I have that protector installed on mine. I can see it protecting a ball from hitting the circular reflective glass, but in my situation it was a line drive ball straight from the flipper that hit the LCD screen.

#8318 3 years ago

Thanks. Order placed and added in a river of slime mod because....why not. Holy crap, this is my most expensive airball repair yet.

#8336 3 years ago

My new Ecto Goggles screen came in. I was a little nervous when I powered it up because it was updating the node board for a good 15 minutes. The game is now back to 100%. However, my HookedOnPinball protector won’t arrive for a few more days. I guess this custom high tech protector will have to do for now. Lol.

095026D3-87BC-4DFB-8147-52B0C37C6643.jpeg095026D3-87BC-4DFB-8147-52B0C37C6643.jpeg
1 week later
#8355 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I can't recommend the hooked ecto goggles protector. I have been trying for 30 minutes to modify it enough to get it installed. The design is flawed in that the bracket doesn't reach far enough to meet the stud to mount it to. I've given up at this point, any further enlargement of the hole and it will break through. Waste of $45, any others out there that actually work?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had that problem too but then realized I had to remove the metal part that’s held on by the 3 screws. I assume that metal part is there to protect the goggles from air balls. The hooked protector replaces that.

#8356 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I had the same problem at first, then realized you have to remove the metal protector plate on the left side (3 screws). This was a part added later in production and sent out to owners of early runs.

Spidey beat me to it. Well said! Lol

2 years later
#11341 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Thank you all for your interest!
I will update my first post and add names there. If more than 20 are interested ill create my own thread about the mod .

One more for your list right here!

5 months later
#11819 11 months ago

Very interested! Can’t wait to see what you come up with. Also, premium here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.