Topic Stats

• 7,512 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Nightmare
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#975 3 years ago

#142 is setup and playing ok. Need a bit more time to dial it in, but I need to get some work done.

I was a bit disappointed with spike and removing the head (which I need to do to get into my basement). I usually find it easier to remove the hinges at the head. With spike you can't because the power supply. There was also more connections than I was expecting. It was still one of the easiest modern games to get the head reconnected. Would still love to have a couple connectors in the cab to quickly pop out in one spot instead of needed to do it at the board. Was exited at first because there was one for the big bundle, but the smaller bundle no luck.

IMG_20160707_142805_(resized).jpg

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't understand this. I just took off the hinges on my Pro and to do that all I had to do is remove 2 nuts that hold the service box cover to get at the 2 nuts holding the hinge on that side

Cool, easier than I thought. I wasn't about to take the service cover off the power supply when disconnecting at the cabinet is easy enough. Guess I will try that approach with Iron Maiden.

Still disappointed that they didn't design removing the head as a first class cooperation for people with bad stairs and small cars.

3 weeks later
#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every movie game ever has modes based on movie story points, yet can be played randomly.

Oh crap. I must have missed a software update on STLE and Spiderman.

1 month later
#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

Has anyone performed an audit, to check the average score on their GB?
I think mine is hovering around 25 to 30 million.
My machine tends to be played by non-pinheads, and even my own scores tend to be fairly low. I've currently adjust the settings to be "slightly" easier than factory. But I don't want it to be too easy.
If you guys tell me that 25 to 30 million (average) is a little high, that will tell me that I probably made my game a little too easy.

I think that is a low average. That is basically finishing who brought the dog. But that might be the perfect spot for you. But I would not be concerned that your game is too easy.

My averages were around 150M last time I checked. When I set a target score for a recent pinbowling event it was at 88M, and that seemed reasonable for the experienced tournament players to get on 2 balls, or one it you got things going early. Of course for the people in there first tournament it was very high.

Note that average is not a great measure, it is skewed by the multi billion scores. Median would be better, but approximate median would be more work to program. That said, the system should have the storage and processing power required. There are several online algorithms with good guarantees that could be added to the audits. While I am making comments mostly in case Dwight is reading this, I also think the score histogram should be moved for GB and probably GOT. 150+ is a really big bucket.

3 weeks later
#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If SF lock is qualified and you hit the right ramp all the way up should that give you multiple locks? I fee like this has happened a couple of time.
Just for clarification, this is on a Professional model, not a Laughably Expensive model.

I am certain I have seen this on the pro. Not sure if it is a bug or a feature. Not sure if it is hardware or software. I swear I had no locks once, hit the right ramp and started multiball in one shot awarding all 3 locks. This also might be a completely fabricated memory, much less time on the pro.

I could see how failure to trigger some of the lower rollovers could turn a right ramp shot into a left. But it would not give multiple locks. Glass off test anyone?

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The wire rail height is either installed
to low, or fabricated to short.
Both fixed after a few weeks.

Do new machines actually gave higher rails? If so can someone measure the height and post? I thought new premiums where still the same.

2 months later
#1887 2 years ago

After 5 months of owning the game, I finally got through the the ballroom. I always chock on that final sequence when it matters. I guess I work on WARTBY next.

7 months later
#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

It is clearly a bug which keeps GB out of big tournaments and needs to be fixed!

This is just incorrect. GB was used in INDISC, it was used at PAPA for the B finals. The skill shot is a non issue. There is possibly concern over playfield validation exploits. The skill shot thing is just a no big deal, the skill shot is easy to just earn anyway. They could adjust the timing on disabling the switch to be a hair longer, but then they risk not registering legitimate shots and making people angry. Really the only fix would have been to design the machine with a second switch in the shooter lane, but this is something they chose not to do.

#3671 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

Just got it to do it again (twice). Selected the 2 skill shots. Hit the right scoop after launching the ball. Asks me to select ESP or Streams, selected streams, DMD then says "Symmetrical Book Stacking", (Scolari Brothers sometimes go up at same time), releases the ball from the scoop. Playfield goes dark, flippers lose power then Don't Cross the Streams starts on DMD.

It sounds like the captive ball switch is either gapped too tight and you are getting phantom hits on flipper presses, or there is a switch matrix issue involving the scoop and the captive ball. I have not tried to debug spike, so I am not going to make assumptions about what could be happening.

Go into switch test and bang on the playfield and see if anything triggers. Try putting the ball in the scoop a bunch and see if the captive ball activates.

I am pretty sure this is a hardware or electronics issue with your machine.

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Isn't statue of Liberty from GB II, but this pin is based on GB I? I don't get how this mod ties in exactly. Nice mold though.

Everyone's favourite features are from 2. Scoleri Brothers. River of slime.

5 months later
#4659 1 year ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It's super unclear which is which to people that don't know the mode really well. Someone can hit like a dozen lit shots and wonder why the heck they haven't finished the mode yet.

Yeah, people will crank right loop for days for no points. I am hoping in the promised code update there could be a better visual indication that the build shoots are something different. Of course those familiar with the game it doesn't matter, but it would help with learning.

#4662 1 year ago
Quoted from abagwell:

How about the Ballroom mode? I usually time that out but a few times I've cleared all the shots (right saucer, right ramp, right orbit, left ramp, left orbit), the hit Slimer 3x to "hold him", then the left and right orbits light up but I've hit those orbits a few times and they didn't unlight...eventually the mode timed out. I guess now that I think about it I should just play around with the modes with the glass off to learn them.

The final 2 shots (which I remember as spinner and right ramp) need to be hit in "quick" succession. Basically, the second shot is a hurry up. Need 2 Ghostbusters holding Slimer to set the trap. Theme integration!

2 weeks later
#4677 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Felt like a punch to the gut when they released TWD and AC/DC code again on already polished games when we are clearly due.

It should feel that way for BM66 owners, which are not at 1.0, but Dwight and his team probably had nothing to do with those changes. So it is not impacting GB timelines.

3 months later
#4950 1 year ago
Quoted from Damagio:

1) It has the "old" Slimer, so it's not ultra sensitive. I moved the cable to the center and don't see a difference. It definitely registers a direct hit, but not a glancing blow, so I see it as a...you have to be accurate....like shooting a lane.

Since you have the old Slimer mech, you want want to double check

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-187-ecto-goggles-sheild-kit/2035/Stern-SB187-1.pdf

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/s/Stern-SB188.pdf

2 months later
#5156 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

So no Aerosmith until end of Sept. then KISS, Then GB.
Will probably be 2019 before GB gets any love.

I imagine there are some challenges within the company with respect to Ghostbusters. It is the product of a lot of work from a lot of people, but for those inside the company that worked with Trudeau on the machine, they may still need time before they are ready to return to it.

3 weeks later
#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Sixteen BM66 updates since the last GB update. Is the guy who has the final say on code update priority also the BM66 designer?

To be fair, BM66 owners were promised an update every 2 weeks until it is done. 2 years of waiting for a game to have "completed" code is rediculous.

Are the software timelines far longer than originally communicated. Yes. Welcome to the world of software development. Where ever developer knows to double their estimate because they are bad at estimating, and then you still need to double that estimate because they are really bad at estimating.

#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

When coming down the subway for a ball lock, on my premium, the ball doesn’t seem to make it all the way to the coil. It gets stuck right here and won’t fall into the correct position. I’ve tightened down the assembly and the game is level. What have you guys done to sort this out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you take a photo without the ball in it?

1 month later
#5394 12 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The code is only delayed because they are not sufficiently committed to it. Let’s hope it is something special after this ridiculously long wait. A great update could breathe new life into this game.

Here is what you should expect:
- update core system with new features they have been adding everywhere
- fix to major bugs (crashes, things that just don't work)
- minor scoring rebalance to encourage different approaches to playing the game.

Go in with this expectation and you will not be disappointed.

1 month later
#5546 11 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Maybe Lyman works harder.

My understanding is that Lyman does this work at home in his personal time. I appreciate was he does for the community, but would not pressure others to try to do the same. Work / life balance important.

1 month later
#5684 9 months ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Scoleri Bros drop targets are not functioning as often as they were when I first got my pin. At first they were up a lot and now I never even notice them. I've also only seen one of them up, not both.

I ran a test and they worked but now I'm thinking I didn't run the right test. Any recommendations?

The activate when you hit the symmetrical book stacking captive ball twice (second is timed). Then the callout and animation should trigger. Easy to test.

Maybe your captive ball isn't working. Maybe you have just get better and don't miss and hit the captive ball

One at a tine also comes up in multiball.

1 week later
#5719 9 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for the support guys, in which about 10 people took advantage of the sale which is still running for a few more hours.

I installed the standup targets brackets today. They seem well printed and fit well. Unfortunately, for me I am not sure how much of a reduction it gave in airballs. I still felt like I was 50% or higher airballs of the targrts. Probably reduced it some, but I am still seeing a lot of airballs. Oh well, I still appreciate you designing these.

#5722 9 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

Is it a brand new game or had a few months of play? if the game is new things will tame down a little and you should see a difference so leave them in.

No the game is old. LE (with replacement populated playfield, so "newer" than it originally was).

As I said, I am still happy with the purchase, and I don't want to install airball sheilds, so I live with it.

I was spending a lot of time trying to dial things in yesterday. Had the shooter lane ramp out about 3 times trying to tweak the shape to improve the launch. My first playfield had a much better launch. Got it better, but not perfect. Just the joys of pinball ownership.

1 week later
#5753 8 months ago
Screenshot_20190130-170555~2 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#6264 4 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hope that screen shot isn’t photoshop if so very cruel joke

Not Photoshop, way easier to just bring up the debug console in you browser and change a few numbers

1 week later
#6378 4 months ago
Quoted from miga:

It is pure ignorance and arrogance from Stern but more so from Dweight
Layman takes pride in his work. Dweight obviously could not care less.
I would have sacked him long ago. There are many better code designers out there.

Can we stop this ignorant meme. If you think this, I am pretty sure you have never spoken to Dwight in your life. Stop the personal attacks on him. You can complain about the business unit and the decisions they make. You can complain about Gomez, as the person accountable for those business decisions.

#6381 4 months ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

We can't complain about Gomez at all, since he is the guy which was always honest and did confirm GB needs an update, since its not done.
However we can complain about Dwight, since he stated in an interview he considers GB to be done.

I was in at a seminar on designing a wizard mode with Dwight as he was rolling off of Ghostbusters to work on his next game (which now know was Star Wars). He was clearly had ideas and wishes for Ghostbusters, but he was also content with the code. If the game never got another code update, we was ok with that. The company line was the game was done. I love this game, and even if it never get's another update I am happy and not selling it.

Gomez made the promise Ghostbusters was in the schedule after Star Wars was done and made the decision to communicate that. He made the decision (or is at least accountable for the decision) to put Dwight on Munsters and delay a Ghostbusters update.

I have seen him talk and watched interviews. He is super passionate about pinball. Super creative and cares about delivering great experiences. The repeated BS stories that he is just their for a paycheck and doesn't care about his work and doesn't care about pinball is unfounded. Criticize the his rules choices, or the bugs in the code all you want. Leave the BS personal attacks on his character and work ethic out of it.

1 month later
#6504 3 months ago

No one talking about what Dwight talked about on the GOT stream? Where are all the Dwight is lazy / has no passion / doesn't care people at?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside