IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hookedonpinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4307 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I got the Laseriffic topper in the mail today.

There are several colors that I think look pretty cool with it, but for now, I’m going with pink:

I also shot a very quick video of it cycling through all of the colors. I could upload that to YouTube, if anyone wants to see it.
I know a lot of people don’t like toppers, but I think Laseriffic did a hell of a job with this one.

Can you explain how this hooks up to the machine. I got a medieval madness one from Laseriffic and it doesn't look like it came with a cord to hook up to the machine??

#4310 6 years ago

Interesting. I’d shoot them a message. There should be a cord that you run through the head of the machine and then plug into one of the boards.

This is the only cord attached to it

MMr topper connection (resized).jpgMMr topper connection (resized).jpg

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You will also need a Spike power adapter cable like this ...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4177

This wouldn't work with Medieval Madness since it is not a Spike system. I will be getting the GB topper soon though so I will keep this in mind. Thanks!

#4314 6 years ago

Like gweenpose said, mine had an additional adapter that plugs into the Spike board.
Is yours an MMR or is it an original MM? You may want to post in the MM thread either way, and I’ll bet you’ll find an answer fairly quickly.

It's a MMR. I have but haven't received anything yet...It's like being a kid and getting a Christmas present that requires batteries and you didn't get any batteries.

#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oops! Sorry about that. Since this is the GB thread, I assumed you were inquiring about a GB topper.

No worries at all. I have GB as well and will be getting this topper also. It's rad!

Is it common for these to not have these adapters and that you need to purchase separately? I just find it odd that there was no mention on the website that we needed to purchase something else for this to work.

#4319 6 years ago

He does. The GB topper is plug and play.

OK it's seems Cointaker (where i purchased) did not include everything in the box. I reached out but haven't heard back. Thanks for the insight!

#4324 6 years ago

Since I have had my playfield replaced by Stern I have been having issues with the right Orbit. Sometimes it does not register my shots but the concerning thing to me is that is often kicks the ball back to me like there is something in that orbit bricking the shot. The only thing I can think of is its the semi circle switch "thingy" that registers the shot that is getting stuck and not going down which then makes it like a wall up in there causing the ball to fall back down. Anyone have had any issues with this before?

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Lots about this issue ....
Quick fix is to remove the strip of Mylar in that back corner prior to that gate .
The Mylar is causing the ball to jump just enough to become aiborne and hit that gate.
Clean it up with a little goof off.

Ahhh very interesting and that would make sense. Thank you very much for this! I will try when I get home. Happy new year to ya!

1 week later
#4359 6 years ago

You think we are getting code update next week? According to the Stern yesterday, the new Stern of Union is next week. Hoping they drop the code.

7 months later
#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I imagine there are some challenges within the company with respect to Ghostbusters. It is the product of a lot of work from a lot of people, but for those inside the company that worked with Trudeau on the machine, they may still need time before they are ready to return to it.

I am not sure this has anything to do with Trudeau. I feel like this has something to do with Stern already up the creek in production costs for GB and the resources to get some new code not making much sense money wise on their end. Ghostbusters was a very successful pin sales wise but with the playfield ghosting and cab splitting, the time and money spent on correcting those issues has probably made the profit margin very slim on this title. My playfield ghosted and I got a new one. Now my cab is splitting on me. My distributer said that Stern is making me a new one but it would take a month. Just my machine alone has been a huge headache on their production line and has cost them a lot in lost time and resources. New code in Sterns eyes is not going to sell more GB. They have already sold enough and they are on to bigger better things like Maiden and now Deadpool. Having someone (Dwight) update the code is only going to be a resource waste on their end and they prob have figured that the additional sales in the game won't be worth it. Yes it will make the owners of GB happy but in the end Stern cares more about the profit then the happiness of its customers who have a GB. The majority of these games are on location and the Operators and people who are dropping quarters in these don't know or care about the code. I love this game and hope that new code comes out soon, but I really think it is going to continuously get put on the back burner and when it does get released it is going to be lackluster. I hope I'm wrong.

#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which is why it's important to upgrade at least the front corners of all Stern cabs now. The wood is just too soft/cheap now. Splitting is a constant possibility post-KISS cabs. $10-20 and some time eliminates that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

I saw that post after I saw my cab splitting. I will def do this on the new cab once I set it up. Unfortunately this new cab is just going to take up space for I am not going to take the time and effort to swap it out until the original is to a point of no go. Who knows when that will be though. I wonder how many plays it will take for the bad cab to finally be unplayable?

4 weeks later
#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

REALLY weird occurance on my ghostbusters yesterday...
Pro model. Me and a friend were playing a 2 player game. she was player 1, I was player 2. we both did terribly. She got like 15 million I got like 25 million.
After the game ends, screen says 'Player 1 enter initials'. I think "huh, weird. maybe the scores reset and you got terror dog champion or something."
After initials are entered, game says she was the Terror dog champion, with a 125 Million Jackpot. THEN it shows our final scores again, and it shows both of our scores being: P1 52,000,000 P2 55,000,000
WTF..... game gave champion for a huge jackpot that didnt happen, and also didnt show up in the final score? also it changed our scores to what seem like random numbers? anyone else had anything like this happen? I've been keeping an eye on it ever sense but its been scoring fine since then as far as I can tell.....
...my machine haunted?

This happened somewhat to mine the other night. I wasn't paying attention but I had 4 guests over for the night and each one of them (in different games) received terror dog or gozer hurry up champions. Made no sense. I don't remember exactly what the champion scores were before but I know that they were pretty high. And the guests that were playing were not pinball people so no way in one night all four of them got those. Really weird. First time this has happened to me and I have had my game for almost a year.

2 months later
#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You should have 4 "choices", being the four main shots. The inserts will be lit white for the active shots.

I'm not sure what's going on here, as all of the "choices" are the StayPuft Marshmallow Man. The X1, X2, etc are multipliers that you receive by hitting the lighted Gozer target in the back of the center shot (in the pops area). I'm not sure how the game distributes the multiplier. You have to get the ball settled for the screen to show you the X? / X? / X? / X? screen again. Each of the shots will have a X? multiplier assigned to it. No matter which one you shoot the "choice" is always the same. You must have grazed the captive ball to start Scolari Bros as you shot the right orbit or it awarded from the pops after making a shot. Either way, you should have also seen the "the choice is made..." graphic.

When the mode starts you have a choice on what shot you want multiplied during this mode. I believe that if you hit the Gozer target in the back before making one of the shots it increases the multiplier. So when the mode starts, shoot Gozer however many times until you are satisfied at what your want it at and then choose what shot you want that to lock in. For instance, you hit Gozer 3 times before it times out so now your multiplier is at X3. Then you shoot for the right orbit. This right orbit shot is worth 3X so that shot will be worth 150K per shot since that mode starts off with 50k per shot. The first round in the stay puft you can hit any shot 4 times before it goes into the second part which you have to hit particular shots. So what you want to try and do is hit the right orbit (if that is the shot you picked) 4 times at 3x making that first part of Stay Puft worth 600K. I will test it out with the glass off tonight to make sure I am correct on this.

#5570 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I got to StayPuft tonight and put the ball into the Gozer shot / pops three times. It bounced around quite a bit. After the third shot into Gozer I caught the ball to see where things were. The choice multipliers were X2 / X4 / X1 / X2. I shot the left ramp, and it started SP at X4. I shot the right orbit and it was worth X4 (200M). All shots were X4 (200M). So it definitely looks like whichever shot you hit to "choose", that multiplier is applied to all shots.
Maybe this is a code version difference. I'm on 1.13.

Interesting. Thanks for checking on! I did not have time to play around with it but that sounds right.

1 month later
#5743 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I still haven't gotten my Ghostbusters yet... Hope to before the year is out... Have played it in the wild more than a few times though, and also I did get the table on my ps4 stern pinball arcade. Which is fun to play and helpful for learning the rules of this game.
So... I finally got an appreciation for the modes and how they're activated, but I do think they're still just a smidge to linear... But, now I know you do have a few choices with them. But, if you choose the skillshot start mode, that is always who brought the dog. And I'm still not 100% certain on how locks for storage mb are lit, besides the captured ghosts and the light lock reward for the pop bumpers. And also how tobins tells me its now lit and yet I cannot always seem to claim it, and the same is true for video modes...
But, I'll plug away on it and try to pay more attention. Again... Not having to plunk 30 dollars on it at a time to play it, I have found that I discovering new things about the code and its better than I thought at first...
Still doesn't help me, as it is a brutal game.
My question to you all is about the video mode. The ESP one. I like that it uses the audio from the movie from this and its a great scene... But, how do you know when you need to quit the mode? When do you know its time to cash out of the mode?
That is why I don't play that mode that often as I get more points from Don't Cross the Streams... Honestly Don't cross the streams is a bit more fun though. I think it could have been better if they made the capture quicker and slightly faster paced... But, its a strategy game really and I can actually beat it... Which makes me happy.

Like desertT1 mentioned above, you can select which mode you want via skillshot. Just cycle the skill shot to whichever ladder you want and make sure the arrow is blue. Then you have to make that your first shot. If your ball hits another shot switch then it is void and you have to hit the ghost sign and hit Slimer 3 times. I like scrolling my skill shot to the spooked librarian and starting that ladder. Its only 2 modes so you can get to We Came We Saw quicker.

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thanks for the tips guys.
And yes... I already love this game. Its frustrating and it kicks my butt most of the time. And only about half the times do I play it in the wild do I ever get a replay on it. I know at home it'll be better and easier for me to get deeper and farther into it... Just a lot of really cool pinball machines I'd like to own and so little money...
But, I really think the overall theme, and design are why I want this. Its actually a good and unique pinball machine. But, I know the theme is something that I myself love, and my whole entire family will love. From the young nieces and nephews who are under 10, to my brothers and sisters, and my father will also love this game.
I think his favorite mode might be the start of Spook Central. "Yes, its true... This man has no BLEEP!" That's one of his favorite lines ever in film history. And he's a big film buff.
Personally I think this game also has the best callouts. Not just Mr. Ernie Hudson's custom ones. Those are really good. And at first I thought he only said really big score, but I'm happy that he actually from time to time says twinkie.
But, its great hearing the actual lines from the movies. Anyone seen a ghost. We came we saw... And of course who brought the dog!!!
I can get and understand why some people don't like this machine.
But, I always enjoy playing it... Even if it pisses me off with how brutal it can be. And I think its actually more for the home market, then route. Just my opinion.

Having a nice home use GB that is set up nice and plays well is always a joy to play on. It is my brothers favorite game when he comes over for weekly pinball and we spend many hours on it. I have had mine for over a year and it never gets boring. Call outs, music, light show, shot layout.....its all great. I always turn the local pinheads on this game that hate it. Once they spend some time on mine they always walk away liking it. Get the air ball protectors and lower your right ramp via hex screw and you will have a very enjoyable experience.

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Another thing that really helps to make this game more fun is to close up the outlanes as much as you can. It doesnt make a huge difference but it makes a little bit of a difference and every little thing helps on this game here. I love my GB and have no desire to sell it.

Agreed. Mine are lowered as well. I also have the post for my center drain that also serves as the heightened outlanes so I have no cheap ball hops.

2 weeks later
#5781 5 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

Haven't posted too much on Pinside but I'm sure there are others with this same issue, so thought I'd bring this up so someone could assist me. I hope I have posted in the correct area. I have a GB Pro I've had for 2 years and love it. Unfortunately the standard hole protector around the left scoop has raised/lifted to the point it affects the angle of the ball coming down from the left orbit. The raised protector forces the ball slightly to the right that causes the ball to centre drain EVERY time. So damn frustrating as affecting gameplay in a big way. I guess I have two choices:
1) use adhesive/glue to stick down the protector to the playfield.
or
2) remove the protector and put a little mylar down to help protect the timber around the scoop.
Any suggestions would be very grateful.
Thanks.[quoted image]

Mine was doing this as well a few months back. Very frustrating. I just took the protector out and it works great now. I have not put any mylar down or anything but prob should. It gets maybe 30 plays a week so I am not worried about it.

2 weeks later
#5806 5 years ago
Quoted from Biscut:

GBPrem
My right scoop is finicky, sometimes it kicks to the middle of the left flipper but as soon as I start a storage multi it shoots it right through the middle and drains. I’ve changed the stregth several times and can never get it right. What should I look for? What’s even more infuriating is that they always hit square on the game over kick outs

What pitch do you have your machine at and is it level?

1 month later
#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Broke the 20B barrier earlier! Laid the stage by setting up multiball to be ready after nailing my multipliers (5x) for stay puft mode. No play field multipliers for this unfortunately. Had I hit the play field multipliers, this game would have been NORTH OF 100Billion! The mode alone netted 14.5B. Along with skill shots, this is where I landed. Friggen epic!!!
[quoted image]

If you got 14.5 billion on the stay puft mode stacked with storage facility multiball, how do you explain the 12.5 billion earned on modes before and after stay puft? I am just curious for I have never seen any score close to this let alone see how this could be possible. Congrats though! That is an incredible score but I am missing something. I need to take your strategy to my game.

Also, with 5x per stay puft shot, that is only on the shot you choose to make 5x so only one shot was going at that rate. Would have been 250 million per shot. At the most isn't that mode like 10 shots? I am just not following how 14.5 billion was achieved during that mode.

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Allow me to explain:
Bringing multi-ball into the picture slows down the timer. If you keep adding balls during multiball, the first sequence lasts almost indefinitely. Only after you do not hit any of the shots, or a ball is not trapped up in the pops, does you timer begin to count down. The stay puft shots go up incrementally. I can't even begin to explain how many shots you can nail during the 'free for all' period with multi-ball stacked. Throughout the other modes, I was able to start the PF multipliers by hitting the captive ball (2x running through a bunch of modes after). Didn't amount to much, but it made those couple of modes extremely valuable that I began. Skill shots, now heres the big thing; Skill shots are worth 10% of your score, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 10%. My last skill shot alone netted me almost.....are you ready for this......4.6 BILLION! I was able to cash out on at least 3 skill shots of epic proportions with my now 2 extra balls remaining. I had got the last skill shot on camera, had my son hold the phone. I quickly drained after starting another mode, and ended right here. Wish I got to enter my initials, but the moment I said "alright, thats game over!", my son immediately said "OK, ILL TURN IT OFF DAD!". I love my son...although in that moment, he was not my favorite person, I'll post that video later...It was kinda funny.

That is awesome! Makes perfect sense. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I need to explore these strategy's in my play.

2 weeks later
#6037 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Well folks I traded for GB premium. It was routed and was ROUGH with 20,000 plays on it. But Craig Hassell shopped it for me, cleaned it, put on all the Titan rubbers I ordered and I will hopefully have it Sunday. I bought the Carrot flippers and a few mods so we'll see how much I love owning it. And I bought all the protectors and such.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Curious to know if that Premium had any ghosting and after 20,000 plays did it get worse or is everything fine? My premium had ghosting on the inserts and so Stern replaced my playfield. Yet again, this playfield is now ghosting.... Right now I am over it and don't care to go thru the whole process again but if you have one that had issues and everything is good after 20,000 plays, I will feel better about it.

2 months later
#6502 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Are Stern Ghostbuster toppers still available anywhere?? Can't seem to locate one..
Thanks, Martin

I know that Charlie at Joystix in Houston has one. Give him a call. He has one on top of a pro in his showroom.

3 weeks later
#6683 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I have a Premium and read about the middle lower right ramp being hard to get and the ball comes back down. There were some comments about changing the size of the hex post I think to 1 3/4"? I cannot figure out where and what would change to make this a more "do-able" shot. Does someone have a photo and can point me to the post that should be changed?
There were also comments about removing a piece of mylar near a switch on the loop. I am not sure where that is. I'll look but any photos are appreciated.
I did buy the shape ways brackets but added the plastic protector on top. If I open the game to work on the other stuff, I might as well change these too.
I love Cliffy protectors. But removed them on the Scolari brothers pop up targets since it appeared to create air balls.
I did buy the protector that goes in front of the Stay Puft guy. It broke soon after and I was sent another and it broke. So I just removed it. Are the comments about reducing the coil strength on the plunger in regards to stopping the ball from banging into something up there and just coming down the right loop?
Sorry for all the questions, but it is time I do some fixing up in preparation for the new code.

I will be no help regarding pictures for I am at work at the moment but the idea of the shorter hex screw is that it lowers that right ramp a little which allows the ball to not get rejected so much. The problem with that shot is that it is super tight and has a very sharp turn to it. Because the original hex screw is longer, it is a steep shot so with the sharp turn and steepness, it causes that ball to not make it up that ramp. The shorter hex screw lowers the ramp so even with a not so clean shot at it, it will make it around. I changed mine out about a year ago and it made a huge difference. Highly recommended.

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Is it this post that goes through the plastic above the helmet that I should get a slightly smaller post?
If this post is lowered, would the ball still be going downhill as it goes to the left flipper?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

What the two posters said above. It's the hex spacer that needs to be shorter. Yes the ball will still go downhill and it will go a lot faster as well.

#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

The leaf spring (I believe it is called) at the top of the subway ramp does not register when the ball passes by. I believe it got bend backwards when a ball rolled back on it when I was lifting the playfield. I have tried to bend the metal leaf with little luck it the correct result. It either does not register or if i bend it too much it does not allow the ball to pass.
Any ideas how to fix this?[quoted image]

Keep on messing with it until it breaks...seriously though it's a pain in the ass. Mine was doing the same thing for awhile. I had to always keep adjusting it. It got to a point where it become so loose that the metal switch just broke off. I have replaced it with a standard switch from Marco and that solved the problem for a long time.

#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I think I may go ahead and go that route. I looked on Marco's website and there are a million switches. Do you happen to remember which one worked for you?
Thanks

I don't remember which one it was. I think it may be this one https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5199-00 however it looks like it is out of stock. Look in the manual for the part number and type that in google.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hookedonpinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.