IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hd60609.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8942 3 years ago

Working on a mod/topper. I didn't consider the Stern topper when it was $400 originally. Now I see they are hard to find and the prices are considerably higher.

I purchased two blue, rotating LED sirens from Amazon. They are smaller, maybe 4" tall and run on 3 AA batteries, so 4.5 volts. I was thinking of direct wiring these and then connecting them to a flasher, since Spike flashers are only 5v not the traditional 12v. Anyone strongly advise against this?

The closest flashers are in the ghost trap. I would love to connect them and have them mean something. I thought they signaled the number of balls in the trap, but mine isn't doing that.

When exactly do the backwall ghost trap flashers go off?

51QXgZx-PsL._AC_SL1001_ (resized).jpg51QXgZx-PsL._AC_SL1001_ (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8964 3 years ago

Sick, just sick. I purchased the clear shooter lane protection and laid it in to test fit it, but didn't secure it. I was working on the game and had it up on the service rails and I heard a "pop". No more slings... Everything else worked perfect, all other coils, lighting, witches and both flippers. Then saw that the shooter lane protection raised up and seemingly jammed the auto fire. Suspecting this may have caused the problem.

Entered the Service Menu... No Technician service reminders. No node board errors. And the slings fire when cycling the coils. But slings still didn't fire when normal gameplay started. Decided to run a Factory "Reset". Still no slings, but now the right flipper locks "on" so I turn the game off immediately and the flipper falls.

I manually inspected the Node boards for any obvious burnt components... none. Any advice or ideas before I email Stern in the morning? Thanks.

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When you say jammed the “auto fire” - where and what is this?
The ball launch switch?

The ball launch switch, correct.

1 month later
#9089 3 years ago
File_007 (resized).jpegFile_007 (resized).jpeg
#9093 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Looks fantastic with the glow bands. What bulbs did you use, sunlight white? Thanks!

Stock Stern lighting... I think they are natural white?

3 weeks later
#9171 3 years ago

Your answer may be in here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

There are many great ideas shared in this thread. I typically search images related to my problem, then open those responses and start reading, as the thread is rather large.

Based on info in this thread you may try81IJJsNt50L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg81IJJsNt50L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You should be able to get it pretty close to flush, without any sanding at all. When close to the surface, you could dab some colored acrylic paint in the desired color over the Kwikwood. Then you could try a clearcoat repair kit to raise it even with the surface. Again, these ideas were gleemed from @vids thread.

And always practice first, on a scrap piece of wood!!!

Could you post a picture of the area you are wanting to repair?

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If it were me, I'd just use a flush pop mech anchor screw and be done with it. It would be flush or virtually flush and just leave a little shiny metal circle the ball would roll over fine.

Not a bad idea. Love hearing different ideas. May come in handy in the future.

1 month later
#9282 2 years ago

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
IMG_7346 (resized).JPGIMG_7346 (resized).JPG

Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
IMG_7368 (resized).JPGIMG_7368 (resized).JPG
IMG_7370 (resized).JPGIMG_7370 (resized).JPG
IMG_7372 (resized).JPGIMG_7372 (resized).JPG

There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.

The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
IMG_7349 (resized).JPGIMG_7349 (resized).JPG

The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
IMG_7390 (resized).JPGIMG_7390 (resized).JPG
IMG_7388 (resized).JPGIMG_7388 (resized).JPG
I am pleased with the way these turned out. Here is the final design.
IMG_8082 (resized).JPGIMG_8082 (resized).JPG
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.IMG_8310 (resized).JPGIMG_8310 (resized).JPG

IMG_7513 (resized).JPGIMG_7513 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#9447 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I will correct myself - dug out my spare for a few measurements - the swages are pressed into a square shape:
- wire dia - 2.45mm
- wire length - approx 90mm (included the swages crimp)
- bead floating in between
- swages in compressed state are approx 6.85-6.90mm across the flats and 10mm long
Note: it is critical to take note of the swages faces being the same for the top and bottom ones and then the wire crimp direction exiting the top
hope that helps
[quoted image]

I don't know if I can un-see this! I may never look at Slimer the same way again!

8 months later
#10800 2 years ago

I just relisted my ad but wanted to post that I have 10 sets ready to go if anyone is interested. Thanks to @cottonm4, the installation is much easier with the 12" #1 phillips screwdriver I picked up on Amazon for $11.

IMG_0108[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0108[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0110[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0110[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0127[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0127[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0132[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0132[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0120[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0120[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0084[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0084[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0117[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0117[1] (resized).jpg
#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

^ do these interfere with the Mezel mods "walking" Stay Puff mod?

Several Pinsiders have told me they installed the building with the Mezel Mods Walking Stay Puft successfully. I think one said he has to bend it just slightly for clearance, but it worked.

4 months later
#11046 1 year ago

I think so. I made sure I followed the PinMonk guide for tips and tricks. Make sure you get the right screws. I got them on Amazon.

I went a little crazy because I wanted to be more safe and secure so I went back and did all of my older games and I make sure I use them on any restorations that I do.

1 month later
#11190 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ve had both, I started with the mirror and later got the PKE illumination mod from Mezel. The Mezel option is more helpful in my opinion.

Agreed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hd60609.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=hd60609 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.