IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1923 7 years ago

I've only been a member of the club for about a week, but I'm really enjoying the game so far. What triggers that blood curdling scream from the librarian? I've only experienced it a few times, but it's by far the loudest thing I ever heard come out of a pinball machine!!!

#1926 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Random. Totally. And yes it's cool but I turned it off since the kids are often sleeping....

I didn't even realize there was an adjustment for it. Thanks!

#1927 7 years ago

I'm going to order some speaker lights and inserts for the game. Which ones do you guys think look best? I'm strongly considering the "Slimer" ones, but I'd love to see a good pic of what they look like installed.

#1938 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone know a fix for the prem/Le where strong right orbit shots aren't registering?

I'm glad you asked this, because I'm having this exact same issue. The game is still very new to me, so I haven't even really opened it up to check it out closely yet. Where is the switch that registers the right orbit shot? The only one I see is the opto inside the tunnel. I think it may be some kind of bug in the code, because the hologram shot always seem to register, even when the orbit shot doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

#1940 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ectogogles is the opto at the hologram - The right orbit is a switch just before the orbit turns right. Different switches.

Thanks! I looked for another switch, but it was hiding back there behind the Stay Puft guy. The ball must be getting some air when it goes over the drop target and isn't fully engaging that switch. I'm not sure how to address this.

#1941 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

The speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com are by far the best thing I have added...

Those look great! I think I'm going to order them.

#1943 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you have a cliffy protector on the drop?

No. I ordered some, but they haven't arrived yet. Based on what I've read here, I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to install them. The next time I open up the game, I'll double check the target to make sure it is sitting perfectly flush.

#1971 7 years ago

Man, I had my doubts about the magna slings when they were first announced, but they are f***ing awesome!

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Check to see if the screws holding the switch aren't binding the internals and or, the switch isn't needing a huge throw to activate it.
I had to set mine more sensitive as it too was missing on the harder loops. Takes a bit to get just right but it's worth it.

Making the switch more sensitive should help. The ball is definitely getting air on some shots. I've even heard it clunk into the backboard a couple times.

#1982 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Is that the switch just before the right gate directly behind stay puff?

Yep. That's the switch that Schwaggs was referring to.

1 week later
#2024 7 years ago
Quoted from benjibenji:

I have a premium... where is the club ? I am interested to see how you customized yours and where you bought the itsms?

This is the closest thing to an official GB Premium club ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info

2 weeks later
#2088 7 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Greetings all! I've always wanted to have a collection at some point, finally started that journey recently. NIB GB Pro will be my first, but not my last. I just wanted to introduce myself since I'll obviously have a ton to learn about upkeep and maintenance going forward.

Welcome to the hobby, and welcome to Pinside!

#2099 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wonder how hard the Stay Puft mode is to get to? I'm guessing that's the wizard mode right?

I'd call it a mini wizard mode.

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is the main wizard mode? I figured stay puft would be the mac daddy!

The main wizard mode is "We're Ready to Believe You!". I've never reached it, and to be honest, I don't even know if its coded into the game yet.

1 week later
#2149 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Reachout to Cliffy and he'll hook you up.

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA?

The only protector that's kind of a pain in the ass to install is the one right by the ball trough. You have to pound out these two bolts from underneath the playfield and loosen the ball guide. Definitely check out this video if you haven't done something like this before. It's very helpful:

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

We played just Ghostbusters for about 2hrs straight last night & my best game was 177 million - then my 14yr old daughter who grew up on pinball scored 757 Million..... I remember her having a monster multiball but not much more. Hate it when the kids beat me at stuff - it's why I stopped playing Xbox! Getting old sucks!

Getting high scores on this game is all about the playfield multipliers. The other day I started "Don't Cross the Streams" with 6x running and I think I scored something like 450 million on just the video mode alone.

#2169 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm a little confused about the PKE skill shot. I guess you choose P,K, or E and try aim for the lane that is lit. Later on if you have 2 lanes lit do you aim for the unlit lane?

Before plunging the ball, you select one of the three lanes with your flipper buttons. You then try to soft plunge the ball into that lit lane (you cannot change it once you plunge). If you make the shot, you will receive the corresponding reward, the most lucrative of these being the lit playfield multipliers.

During normal play, you want to use your flipper buttons so that the ball goes into an unlit lane. Every time you complete all three lanes, it increases your end of ball bonus x. This can be worth a ton of points after a long ball, especially if your bonus is held.

#2173 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is your best score on the new code?

It's decent, but nowhere near some of the crazy scores I've read about here ...

GB Grand Champ (resized).jpgGB Grand Champ (resized).jpg

#2182 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Factory settings or turning off ability to timeout?

Everything on my game is default factory settings. Is that easier or harder?

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don't complete a mode and the timer runs out, you don't advance to the next mode.

I just changed mine last night so that you can no longer time out modes. I left everything else factory. I think this is a good change, and it will make getting to WCWSWKIA more satisfying.

#2215 7 years ago

The entire Pinball Life kit is in the photo, including the green plastics that prevent balls from hopping the outlane guide.

#2218 7 years ago

Has anyone tried swapping out the cheap looking Gozer plastic with something like this?

Gozer (resized).jpgGozer (resized).jpg

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have thought about it but not sure if it would look right. You would need to chop it in half to make it work.

How tall is the plastic? The action figure is 7".

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you have a link to that kit?

What's weird is that I was looking for it earlier today, and it no longer appears to be on their site. I'd suggest shooting them an email to see what the deal is.

#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

For the Scoleri springs, instead of replacing with the Pinball life ones, you can easily stretch out your current springs by 10 rungs and connect at that point. Now mine drop much easier without brick shots that hit them head on.

I agree with this. It's better to just stretch the original spring than to install the new ones.

#2280 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

The reason my left scoleri target isn't working properly is that the plastic piece that holds the target up until it is hit has been broken. Is this an easy piece to find?

Call Stern. I bet they'll send you out a new one.

#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I did not need to adjust my scolari height but I've looked at it. Should be "screw in" to lower, "screw out" to raise. As I recall it's one center screw.

It's the opposite. Screw it in (clockwise) to raise the target, and screw it out (counter clockwise) to lower it. I think there might also be two screws for each target, but I can't remember for sure.

#2330 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do the cliffys affect the right lane shot? With my drop target sitting slighting above the pf, it was enough to pop the ball up just enough so that not all shots were clean to the right lane and I got a few roll backs and odd hits with the gate.

The cliffy exacerbates this problem, but even without it installed, it will still happen. Unfortunately, it's just a bad playfield design.

#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

JJ is at Game Exchange of Colorado. I didn't buy my GB from him, but wish I had. I had to wait 7 months for mine while JJ seemed to get his orders out within days/weeks according to posts.

On the bright side, you avoided that run of bad playfields ...

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like criticism of the center gap is really overblown. It's not terribly noticeable. My wife, who doesn't play much, had a couple really good games on it yesterday. She thought it was a ton of fun and didn't complain about drains at all.

I'm guessing if you don't play a lot, the larger gap is probably less noticeable. It's the people who come into the game with some decent flipper skills that have trouble adjusting. You have to alter you technique and play more defensively on this game or it will make you pay.

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anyone know how the NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT works? I've read that you get 1 correct guess per 10 ghosts caught but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I always choose the streams cause I can complete that about 7 out 10 times.

They really need to tweak the video modes in the software. As it stands, I can't see any reason to ever choose ESP over cross the streams. Am I missing something?

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, there's no reason to pick ESP Ability at this time. Maybe if they put an extra ball or some other award at certain guess levels (bonus multiplier at 3 correct, extra ball at 5, light playfield multipliers at 7, etc.).

Those are excellent ideas! I hope Dwight is reading this. There needs to be some reason to justify the high risk/reward of the mode. As it stands, there isn't one. Cross the streams, on the other hand, is easy points, especially if you have the playfield multiplier(s) going.

#2391 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Did you know the "Cliffys" on your GB are not Cliffys at all?
Stern stole his designs for the VUKs on GB and the shooter lane protectors on BM66.

Yeah, that wasn't cool at all.

#2394 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Better it's the "save-post" in flexible plastic
Soon available on my Pinside shop

That's a great take on it!!!

#2398 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Yes, the gap is too big, yes the Outlanes are too hungry.
That said, the machine has made me a MUCH better player over the past 6 months.

I'll second that. My scores have gone up on ALL my games after owning GB for a while.

#2406 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

when adjusting the flippers make sure the bat is not sitting on the deck of your playfield otherwise you will start to loose art very quickly - just be mindful and copy the gap from one for the adjusted one.

Yep. You need to maintain a small gap about the thickness of a credit card between the flipper and the bushing.

#2432 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anyone using the PINBALL PLAYABILITY LED KIT?

I've never heard of this. What is it?

#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I'm not comfortable yet putting the play field vertical. I always feels like it's laying on wires and I am not quite sure how to put it past 90 deg by myself. I should have asked my installer.

After you lift the playfield up high enough to clear all the mechs underneath, you need to pull it forward. You will feel some resistance, but keep on pulling and it will ride over the hump. You can then continue to pull it forward very slowly until it stops. At this point, you can lift up the playfield and lean it all the way against the backbox. Make sure as you do all of this that you pull it evenly and keep the playfield straight. If you don't, you could scratch up the inside of your cabinet, or even worse, drop the playfield into it. It's really a crappy design.

This video is very helpful for new owners ...

#2450 7 years ago

I have one of these SPIKE power splitters in the backbox of my GB, and I love it!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

It has a magnetic base, so you just stick it wherever you want. It's great for powering mods like speaker lights, toppers, ColorDMDs, etc ...

Power Splitter (resized).JPGPower Splitter (resized).JPG

#2469 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see the printing on the bottom now, I had to stand on my head inside the cab to see mine.......good thing I can read upside down. LOL That solved one problem but it still leaves me with the other which is "my shaker plug is taken up by the power distribution board so who makes a splitter with the connections to plug the shaker motor into that plug"?????

You are tapping into the power for your aux board in the wrong spot. You want to use the ticket header connection, which is located at the top left of the board. You will need a SPIKE 12v power adapter like this one ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3721

The shaker port should be used strictly for the shaker. You don't want to connect anything else to it.

#2487 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I thought you both beat me to it (after I got done posting), but I'm gonna call you out and say I *think* you are wrong (but in a friendly way of course).
The power adapter that PBL sells that plugs into the ticket dispenser is a standalone single +12v plug. This board is not meant to plug in there. As pointed out above...the Aux Power Board is meant to accept +48v (or so PBLs diagram says) and jump it down to +12v and +5v while passing the +48v on to the Cabinet Node 1 board where it was originally plugged in.
I believe the Aux Power Board is meant to grab the power from the power supply in the head BEFORE it hits the Cabinet Node 1 board and NOT be grabbing power FROM it. One of the main reasons for having it is to be a buffer between the power and the Node Board if something goes wrong or pulls too much power.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think my board died. I killed it

My apologies for any confusion, and I truly hope that my comments didn't contribute to the board's untimely demise. I should have paid more attention to the photo. I assumed the aux board in question was a variation on a standard 12v splitter like the one I have in my backbox. I'm not familiar with this other product.

#2502 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No you don't want to wax it, have you watched any of those factory tour videos? They polish the hell out of them at the factory.

Yeah, I know some people do it, but I see no reason to wax a brand new game. The most important thing is to get an airball deflector installed ASAP. I'd also recommend cliffys for the shooter lane and drain hole.

#2545 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I wished they used the red outlane insert lights to indicate normal vs reverse flipper mode. Right side for normal and left for reversed. Blinking for change coming.

You beat me to it. Those red inserts would be the best way by far to indicate the normal and reversed flippers.

#2613 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Wow. Unfortunately tonight I saw my GB Prem shutdown and restart in the middle of a game again. This is the second time now that this has happened (and the 2nd day in a row). This is not good.
Tonight this happened when the ball was stuck, sitting balanced above the right slingshot. The machine started looking for the missing ball. A small nudge caused the "hey watch it" tilt warning audio and then the dmd went black. Then the whole machine restarted. I don't see any errors or tech alerts in the menu.
I'm gonna have to call Stern tomorrow about this.
Have any of you seen this?

Possibly an overly sensitive slam-tilt switch?

#2638 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I think one of my lock switches in the left captive ball area is dead. Haven't dug in yet because I need to remove the top plastics to get to them.

You should be able to check all those switches even without taking off the plastics. Just put the game in switch test and then nail the captive ball with a pinball. As each ball rolls up into the lock area, you should see the corresponding switches register.

Quoted from ectobar:

The way I understand it is that once you move all the balls to the top section of the captive ball area, you get awarded whatever was lit, ie lock, multipliers. Is that correct?

Yes. As soon as the first ball moves to the top section, a timer starts. If you can lock all three balls before the timer runs out, you are supposed to be awarded everything that is lit. I think there may be some bugs with the awards in the code, but I'm not sure. Obviously, if it times out before you can lock all three balls, all the balls will be dumped back into their original positions.

#2649 7 years ago

How many of you guys have ordered the topper? I'm trying to save up and justify buying one to myself. It's gonna happen but man $500 is so much money for a dang topper!

Since everybody has their own priorities, only you can answer the question as to whether or not the topper is worth the money. I personally would never spend that much on one. I'd rather apply that money towards something like a ColorDMD or PDI glass. The only Stern topper I have is on my GoT LE because the game came with it. I do think it's cool, but you can buy a lot of other stuff with $500.

#2651 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a colorDMD for GB?

No, they haven't colorized it yet.

#2663 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would anyone recommend installing a full playfield protector on new Ghostbusters Premium? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra expense and time investment. I won't have my game for at least a couple weeks.

I generally think full playfield protectors are overkill on a modern games. Given how prevalent dimpling is on GB, however, it might not be a bad idea. I'm not sure if it's from the softer wood, or simply because the ball is so wild, but I have more dimpling on my GB than any other game I own.

#2666 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Would the PF protector actually prevent the dimpling that occurs on GB, or would it just lessen the effect?

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on what they're made out of and how thick they are.

#2686 7 years ago

Even though I wouldn't buy one, I do think the GB topper is the best one Stern has done to date. The one for KISS is pretty darn cool as well.

#2803 7 years ago

I think the L bracket is an excellent idea. I may pick up a couple from the hardware store when I get a chance.

#2816 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

... any ramp/outline issues?

What are ramp/outline issues?

2 weeks later
#2946 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

A friend of mine is getting a premium next week.
What are the must fix issues?
Thx!

The most important fixes in terms of making the game play correctly would be adding the airball deflector, changing out the hex post for the right ramp, and removing the mylar from the right orbit.

#2962 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Respectfully, IMO the right ramp is just fine with the standard hex post. I think it's supposed to be a tougher shot but it is still very make-able. I can make it pretty consistently.

I think this varies from game to game, but a majority of them seem to benefit from this change. Even perfect shots were often getting rejected on my game before swapping out the post.

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks. Not worried about the removal. I mean from the ball. I assume it's there for a reason ... but maybe not

I could see some wear starting to develop there on a routed game, but I don't think it would be a problem on a HUO game.

#2978 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Hi guys I got my Premium last year in October, we have played it a ton and really just noticed that my playfield is full of dimples. I know its from airballs mostly and at this point the playtfield is really shot I think, Its my first Pin and didn't really know any better on protecting it ( preventing airballs ) I assume the dimples is commonplace?

There is nothing you can really do about the dimples. It seems that the playfields are simply made of softer wood these days.

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anybody have the looping supers timer run out while your looping the ramp nonstop?

Happens to me all the time.

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

does anyone know what the 25% extra ball chance is then in the settings menu? I just played around with it. I turned it up to 50% (highest it will go) but didnt notice anything different in the 2 games I played.

This is just a guess, but it could be the chance of being given an extra ball from the pop bumpers.

#3009 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Curious about a single issue I've noticed with the game, wondering if anyone else has this. I've got the Pro and sometimes when I hit the right orbit for a scene shot it doesn't register it.

Easy fix. Just remove the mylar right before the switch and you'll be good to go.

#3013 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks so much! I'm new to ownership, I'll give that a shot. I guess it is causing it to jump over the switch at high speed?

Yep. That's exactly what is happening.

#3021 6 years ago

Can someone point to where this Mylar is on the Pro? Just want to be sure. Also, do you need to use freeze spray or just pick at it?

Freeze spray is unnecessary. Just pick at the edge until you can grab on to it and it will peel right off.

1 week later
#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Only issue I had was with a portion of the left outlane area, part of the left orbit and all under the apron of the game having a residue left on the playfield. The area did not feel smooth like the rest of the playfield but rough. Visually it looked the same. I used Novus 2, buffed it like crazy and now it's fine like the rest of the game. Maybe dried wax?

I'm not sure what that was, but I don't think they wax them at the factory.

1 week later
#3147 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the slimer ecto shot is the final shot needed to complete slimer mode and light the modes. That's why they aren't lit and WBTD starts. Not sure why this happens as the slimer mode doesn't always seem to need the ecto shot to complete.

Yep. I think it's a bug. Sometimes you have to hit Slimer in the ecto goggles to complete it, and other times you don't. And what sucks is that when you nail the hologram, it automatically starts WBTD. I don't think this is how it's supposed to work.

#3151 6 years ago

There are quite a few bugs in the current code. I hope they eventually address them all. For example, has anyone shot the ball into the left scoop and then had it immediately kicked out without giving you credit for the shot? The game obviously knows the ball is there, otherwise it wouldn't be kicked out until the ball search. This happens occasionally on my machine. It has to be a bug, right?

#3196 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I went the Purple LED Flipper Button route myself for my Premium. I think it adds a nice touch, and fits the art package and ZY Stern Art blades/inner decals.

I went purple as well on my premium. They look great!

#3199 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Which did you guys use? cointaker? or PBL? (or other)

I've never tried the Cointaker ones, but I've installed the PBL ones on many of my games. They are awesome!

1 month later
#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

also would be nice in the next code if they used the 2 outlane lights for ball saves. I don't think anyone would complain.

That's a great idea! It would make for a nice random award from the pop bumpers.

#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

What's the consensus on the topper? At $500, I'm reluctant. Does it interface with the gameplay in any cool way?

I do like the topper, and it integrates nicely with the software, but I think it's way overpriced. I would never pay $500 for it.

1 month later
#3686 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Isn't statue of Liberty from GB II, but this pin is based on GB I? I don't get how this mod ties in exactly. Nice mold though.

The pin is based on both movies, not just the first one.

1 week later
#3700 6 years ago

Sometimes a hit to the ecto goggles is required after beating Slimer, and other times it isn't. It seems completely random to me. My guess is it's a bug in the code. It would make the most sense if a hit to the ecto goggles was always required, but that hit didn't start the mode in that ladder.

#3705 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Confirmed with Dwight. It's random on whether it takes two or three hits and also random if one of those hits is the goggles.

But what does Dwight think about the fact that when you shoot Slimer in the ecto goggles it automatically starts the next mode in the "Who Brought the Dog" ladder? This seems like an oversight in the rules, no?

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

If you only hit the goggles, it will light the modes. More often than not though, your shot goes past the goggles and then starts the right ladder.

I thought this is how it works as well. If so, the switch behind Stay Puft should probably be deactivated for a few seconds once the opto is tripped.

#3717 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

For the right orbit (where it appears to fly over the switch if you smash the ball up there) for whatever reason I just didn't feel like pulling up the mylar like most have done. Decided instead to just play around with the switch itself. Took a few tries but I have appeared to bend the wire so that the ball still triggers it no matter which way its hit up there.
10 games in (so, small sample size) so far so good. Will see how it goes.

But it isn't just the switch. Removing the mylar also makes the shot much smoother, at least it did on my game. It's such a tight turn that the little bit of air created by the mylar would cause the ball to occasionally get hung up back there on a fast shot. With the mylar removed, that shot is now smooth as butter.

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as the right ramp goes, I don't really understand why some of you are making it easier. No offense to the people that have but this shot is meant to be hard and it adds to the fun of the game because it is so hard. The right ramp shot is very makeable with practice. What's next, longer flippers and closing off the outlines? If I bust out a big score on GB, I want my game to be the way JT designed it to be so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell, but that's kind of a good thing because it makes you a better pinball player. It forces you to make good shots.

It's not about making the game easier. It's about making it fair. Before I switched to the shorter post, a good percentage of seemingly perfect shots would make it part way up the ramp and then come right back down. I can't imagine this is the way JT intended it to be. Even after the tweak, it's still a difficult shot. I just get way less rejects now.

#3736 6 years ago

Right ramp is just for fun. No need to fix it or shoot for it.

I disagree. The right ramp can be incredibly lucrative. Want to see some insane scores? Start PKE Frenzy with 6X playifield running and keep nailing that ramp.

#3756 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have a pro model. The metal protector on the library scoop is no longer completely flush with the playfield.

I feel like the protectors that Stern is using aren't as durable as Cliffys. Every premium/LE I've played has a dented protector at the subway scoop. The more plays the game has, the more dented the protector.

1 week later
#3828 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I think it's funny that in a game where 1 Billion+ is considered a good score, the "Big points" award from the pops is 1 million. I roll my eyes every time is see it awarded.

I feel the same way about spinner values in GB starting at... wait for it... 7 thoussand points! Winning!

Yep. The scores are very unbalanced in the game. They could use some major tweaking.

#3834 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anyone know what the red inserts below the outlane flash for? Can't figure them out.

I believe they were originally intended to be part of the proton pack streams, but they nixed that feature before the game went into production. As it stands, I don't think they do much. They certainly don't appear to be coded very well into the game. I'd like to see them used to indicate when the flippers are reversed during Mass Hysteria multiball.

#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is true, although I doubt any of them ever register with every hit, at least from the factory. Mine registers most of the time but it does need to be a good solid hit usually. When a glancing blow doesn't register it doesn't really bother me. I don't view it like a switch that the ball is rolling over or something like that. I find it acceptable for some soft hits not to register.

Isn't it designed so that a glancing blow registers but doesn't count for a true hit? I'm pretty sure on mine a glancing blow still triggers a sound.

#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Playmobil Ghostbusters topper mounted ...

That's pretty cool, but you need some way to illuminate it.

1 week later
#3917 6 years ago

I understand the argument for wanting to randomize the ladders, but it would be kind of strange if you could get Stay Puft going as your first mode. As it stands, it's your reward for working your way up the entire ladder. Not only is it a longer mode, but it's also a more potentially lucrative mode. Because of this, I view it as somewhat of a mini-wizard mode which should not be seen until later in the game. The rest of the modes could be randomized and I wouldn't really have a problem with it.

1 week later
#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the rubber is more centered on the ball as opposed to putting a top spin on it

By moving the rubber lower, it also closes the switch gap a bit more.

#4006 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Everyone asking for non-linear ladders, you get that that would seriously destroy any chance this game has of being balanced in multiplayer right?

I thought the whole point of tournament mode was to de-randomize stuff like that during multiplayer games.

1 week later
#4040 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

^^^. This guy gets it.

But in all the other scenarios, you have a choice. With Slimer, you are forced to start WBTD whether you want to or not. I still maintain that the game would be better if this was changed.

#4042 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought he was in the goggles the whole time? Shoot googles first, then slimer.

Hmm. Now you have me second guessing myself. I could have sworn he only appears in the goggles for the final hit.

#4046 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Goggles Slimer is only available as the last shot.

Quoted from Zzap:

Yep, but he doesn’t show up there every time for his last hit, it seems random whether he goes to the goggles or stays moving for his last hit.

Thanks! That's how I thought it works. So when slimer does randomly show up as the last required shot in the goggles, you have no choice but to start WBTD. I don't think even Keith Elwin could consistently hit just the hologram without triggering the orbit switch as well.

1 week later
#4078 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

What is the general consensus on the game in terms of difficulty? I just had my first play of the game (on location) and found it quite evil.

Did you play a pro or a premium? They are both brutal games, but I think the magna slings make the premium/LE even harder.

#4081 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Funny enough, I struggle more with on location Pros than my in-home LE. I've tried four different locations and all four kick my butt. And I have my LE at the recommended pitch, default outlane post positions, etc. I haven't done anything to make my LE easier. I figured the magna slings made things easier?

Quoted from knockerlover:

I agree magna slings make the game less brutal.. but also add that expletive inducing once in a while random spin SDTM thing...

Interesting. I don't have a lot of time on a pro. I just assumed the magna slings would make the game harder, since they don't act at all like normal slings. On a pro, you at least know what the ball is going to do when it's headed towards a sling.

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I have this same issue with my plunger where the ball hits the gate and wobbles through the right orbit rather than going at full speed.....anyone know of a fix for that?

Quoted from Spelunk71:

Mine also does this, but tweaking the level and pitch has made it much better.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Remove the Mylar strip on the playfield in front off that gate. No Kidding 100% your problem

I don't see how removing the mylar would have any effect on a ball coming from the shooter lane. The mylar fix is for fast moving balls coming around the right orbit. For balls hitting the gate when exiting the shooter lane, the solution is a lower tension spring for the manual plunger, and a higher tension spring for the auto-plunger. Some people have also bent their gates a little bit to make more room for the ball. A third option would be a piece of plastic over that area to keep the ball low as it's coming around that turn.

#4106 6 years ago

For those of you that have switched to this spring, does the ball still easily make it all the way around the orbit?

1 week later
#4131 6 years ago

One nice change Stern did make is that they now incorporate a splint into the bracket. This helps keep the target from leaning from side to side.

1 week later
#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

love my GB, but I have to disagree with the unsafe shots part. The ball can come out of the pops straight down the middle.....

That what slide saves are for ...

2 weeks later
#4199 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Anyone who tested a little longer flippers ? Seems it's way too hard.

I put lightning flippers on mine ...

#4205 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I joined the club about two weeks ago and I have noticed the airball protector I have only eliminates some of them but not all.

Do you have Cliffys installed at the drop targets? They tend to cause airballs.

#4207 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You mean the stand up targets right?

No, I'm talking about the Scoleri drop targets. Some people install Cliffys on them, and they tend to exacerbate the airball situation.

GB-drops002 (resized).jpgGB-drops002 (resized).jpg

#4225 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

So I wanted to give it some time to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but the right orbit issue is absolutely still occurring on my GB Pro after removing the mylar up there. Most high speed clean shots into that orbit do not trigger the rollover. A rattling shot that dribbles up the orbit and into the bumper lanes will trigger it every time.

Is your ball getting stuck up there on a fast shot, or is it flying around the orbit but just not triggering the switch? If it's the latter, then you probably just need to adjust the switch actuator. If it's the former, then I'm not sure what's going on. Before I removed the mylar on my game, a fast hit ball would often rattle around up there. After removing the mylar, it always comes around clean.

#4227 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

It flies around the orbit but doesn't trigger the switch. The rattling shots I mentioned happen when I backhand it up there from the right flipper since it doesn't have near as much speed then, and also when the left flipper shots hits the wall on the way up the orbit. Clean full strength shots that go straight up the right orbit fly at top speed all the way around and back down the left orbit.

Then it has to be the switch. Have you tried adjusting it?

#4232 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Haven't, will give that a shot. Slowly expanding my pinball troubleshooting abilities haha, I'm up to:
*Can remove the glass
*Can lift the playfield
*Can adjust the flipper position
*Can use the menu

Hey, we all have to start somewhere.

It's possible it's just a flaky switch, but I would try adjusting it before jumping to that conclusion. Go underneath the playfield and remove the switch. Then, carefully try to tweak the wire (actuator) so that it sticks out a little higher above the playfield when installed. What you are trying to do is increase the sensitivity of the switch so it is more easily triggered. Hopefully, this will solve your problem. My only other suggestion would be to check and make sure your Scoleri target is sitting perfectly flush with the playifield. It's height can be adjusted by a screw at the bottom of the drop target mech.

#4239 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any update on time frame for getting these? Still waiting for mine.

I've been waiting for mine for a couple weeks. I reached out to David at Stern yesterday, and he said they are still out of stock. For now, they are just collecting orders and will send out the kits as soon as they get them.

1 week later
#4265 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I’d say under an hour maybe 45 minutes ...

Wow, that's like LOTR kind of ball times! Very impressive! Do you have the center post mod or anything else that would make the game easier?

#4297 6 years ago

I've got the purple flipper buttons on mine as well. I think that's the best color for the game.

#4311 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

This is the only cord attached to it.

You will also need a Spike power adapter cable like this ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4177

#4315 6 years ago

This wouldn't work with Medieval Madness since it is not a Spike system. I will be getting the GB topper soon though so I will keep this in mind. Thanks!

Oops! Sorry about that. Since this is the GB thread, I assumed you were inquiring about a GB topper.

#4317 6 years ago

Is it common for these to not have these adapters and that you need to purchase separately? I just find it odd that there was no mention on the website that we needed to purchase something else for this to work.

I would assume that if the topper is for a Spike game, Joe includes the necessary adapter.

#4336 6 years ago

I just received a text from UPS that a package from Stern is arriving today. I assume it's the fix kit for the node board.

1 week later
#4370 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Question on the ideal left scoop setup.

I was consistently get Stdm drains so I adjusted underneath so it kicks out to right flipper.

Is it better to leave scoop as is and reduce power to it so it goes to left flipper?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go to the right flipper.

#4385 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

When you guys say it goes to the right flipper, do you let it dead bounce to the left flipper and trap it there?

Yes. On my game you can safely dead bounce the ball off the right flipper every time from the library scoop.

1 week later
#4420 6 years ago

So I've owned the game for over and year, and I finally decided today to adjust the flippers so they aren't droopy like they come from the factory. Holy crap what a difference it makes! I can't believe I waited all this time to make this change. The game shoots so much better like this. For starters, it's much easier to control the ball. This is a very big deal on a game with such a large flipper gap. Not only is it much easier to cradle the ball, but it's also easier to perform flipper passes. On top of this, it's also now possible to backhand the left ramp, something I couldn't do at all before. In my opinion, everyone should make this change. This is how the game is supposed to play!

#4423 6 years ago

I moved them up so they are now pretty much parallel with the inlanes ...

GB.jpgGB.jpg

#4440 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I did this tonight, and you’re right. Shots are backhand-able, unlike before. However, I find the shot geometry is off now. Basically, I need to re-learn when to shoot.

My shots were definitely off for a few games, but I was surprised by how fast I adjusted to it.

#4448 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who adjusted their flippers up (to be in line with the inlanes) what have you done to your right ramp b/c that shot is now really hard on mine (and it's already been updated with the hex that makes it easier). Did you buy a shorter hex to reduce the height?

I hadn't noticed the right ramp being any more difficult to make since adjusting the flippers. I can see where coming at that shot from a slightly different angle might affect it, though. I will pay particular attention the next time I play and report back.

#4470 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just found that a metal "gate" fell off the game.

Is it the little gate in front of the ecto goggles?

#4472 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw have are my rubbers right now?

Yep. That's it.

#4485 6 years ago

Ill admit, when I first heard about the magna slings, I was very skeptical. They turned out to be awesome, though. The way they move the ball around, combined with the ghostly sound effect, perfectly fits the theme and makes the game totally unique. Premium/LE all the way!

#4491 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I have the slimer speaker covers, what do I need to buy to hook the lights up behind them? there is obviously a connection behind the backglasss,and ill need some green led's.. sorry,its probably simple,but im relatively new to all this,cant find an instructional video..

It's easiest to go with a pre-assembled kit. In my opinion, these are the best ones on the market ...

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-10.html

#4503 6 years ago

After adjusting the springs, my Scoleri targets work great, but I shut them off in the settings anyway. I just don't find them to be much fun. I also think they create a lot more wear and tear on the playfield.

#4514 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone who changes the flippers for ghostbusters, or adjusts the angle, in my opinion is a bad player.

I'm a "bad player" because I prefer the way the game plays with the flippers adjusted slightly higher? That's a ridiculous statement!

#4515 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After adjusting the springs, my Scoleri targets work great, but I shut them off in the settings anyway. I just don't find them to be much fun. I also think they create a lot more wear and tear on the playfield.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can you post a pic please.

Sure, but I'm not sure what exactly you want a picture of.

#4521 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

My beef with it is that it really makes the game much easier.

They do make the game a bit easier, but it's still harder than all my other Sterns.

#4525 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

How you adjusted the spring please

Oh. No problem. Here you go ...

Scoleri spring (resized).jpgScoleri spring (resized).jpg

#4527 6 years ago

I have to know, does anyone ever purposely go for the captive balls? Seriously, unless I'm just messing around, I almost never do. With the way the rules are right now, I just don't see any reason to attempt the shot. It's very risky, and there are way safer ways to earn big points. Is there some strategy I'm missing, or am I correct in thinking that the captive balls are pretty much just a sucker shot?

#4534 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

initially capturing only two balls will turn on all your storage locks so you can achieve multiball quickly

Clearly I need to revisit the rules. I had no idea you could light all three locks simply by hitting the captive balls only twice.

#4536 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Twice for each lock .

Thanks for the clarification! That makes more sense.

#4552 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

no if say you have no locks lit, simply hit the left captive twice to loop only two balls and not the third and left ramp storage insert will remain lit for three ball locks. After that you'll need to get all three captives around to claim the lit prize. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

I couldn't figure out in comps why some guys only after a few seconds had multiball. I'd play for minutes and maybe have two locked if that. That's when I saw the left captive trick

Wow! I've owned the game for over a year and never knew this. I guess that's why my scores suck!

#4558 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I just connected an old 12" sub and I can't believe how easy it was and how awesome it sounds. And to think I almost gave away the sub.

You must have been shocked the first time you started Storage Facility multiball with the sub hooked up!

#4563 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I came across this 4-way sub splitter the other day and, with all the talk of subwoofers, I thought I'd drop it here incase it is of interest to anyone. I only have one pin right now, so I haven't tried it. But, it seems like a good deal as opposed to buying four subwoofers...

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

You can actually hook up two pins to one sub even without this (one to the right channel, and the other to the left). The Pinnovators box is an excellent product, though.

#4612 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I have two brand new node boards and a light board from when I was having issues with my ghostbusters, it turned out to be a couple bad wire crimps in the wire if harness,
Does anyone need these, are they worth anything?
Looking for offers I guess

I'd hold on to them. It's always nice to have backups.

#4641 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I've been out of the protection loop for awhile but my game occasionally has the ball jumping behind Stay Puff when hitting a hard right orbit shot. Is there a protector now or something to prevent that from happening?

There is a piece of mylar right before the turn back there that is often the cause of this. If your game still has the mylar, I would suggest removing it.

2 weeks later
#4670 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Just joined the club this weekend ! Loving the game so far. That gap ain't no joke . Anyways Im switching back to the original flippers from carrots. How should I be aligning them so that all shots are hittable? Thanks.

This is a personal preference. They come from the factory slightly lower than most games. I adjusted mine so they are parallel with the inlane guides. It makes it a bit harder to shoot the right ramp, but I find it shoots better overall.

3 weeks later
#4733 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone install the cliffy protectors for the brothers? I noticed the lift the ball and cause air balls . Is ther anothr way to protect those 2 areas?

I installed them on mine and hated the way the game played for exactly the reason you described. I took them off that same day and put down some removable vinyl instead.

1 week later
#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hello , my last Mod for the Ghostbusters

Those ghosts are cool, but I'm even more interested in that Gozer figure you have in your video. How did you get it to fit? I've thought about replacing the plastic with a 3D figure, but there isn't a lot of room because of the flasher above. It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like you may have removed that entire plastic with the two flasher domes.

3 weeks later
#4768 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

So in the middle of a perfectly mediocre game, this thing came flying off and went in the cabinet. After 30 seconds of a half-assed search, I’m not sure where it goes. Any ideas?

That looks like the kind of post that normally sits on top of a plastic in order to prevent the ball from getting stuck.

3 weeks later
#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have a chance to pick up a gble. Anyone know what a stock game huo is going for these days? What were the main benefits of the LE over the premium? Have these pretty much depreciated or are these still declining in price. I'm working a trade for one of my games and not sure how long I will keep the game.

They've definitely dropped in price quite a bit, but I think they've leveled out. I would think you could pick up a bone stock LE for $7K or less. You just have to find a motivated seller.

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You aren't going to find a seller motivated enough to sell an LE for 7k, IMHO ...

Here's one with a ton of mods that was listed for $7,100 ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/50712

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Are the Premium/ LE slings sort of a dual traditional and magnetic setup , with the magnets activated by hitting something on the playfield or during certain modes?

The slings on the premium/LE are magnetic only. The magnets are used in lieu of traditional kickers, and they are activated by the sling switches.

2 weeks later
#4931 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Another question. I have adjusted the springs on the drop targets understanding that a stronger spring gets the drop target out of the way quicker and causes less airballs.

Well I have tried both stronger spring tension and then back to regular strength and this really does not seem to fix the issue.

Have others seen a big reduction in airballs especially on the left drop target by adjusting spring tension?

Thx

Just do what I did and turn those damn drop targets off in the settings. Seriously, they're annoying as f**k.

1 month later
#5096 5 years ago

According to July Stern of the Union Ghostbusters is officially on the list for an update...man I hope it's a huge one.

All bugs fixed, the ability to make modes random, better utilization of holograms, scoring more balanced ..... one can dream.

3 months later
#5417 5 years ago

Gomez pretty much summed it up during the seminar. Ghostbusters is a popular game that continues to sell well for them, so there is no real urgency to update the code.

#5469 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

so straight up question here.... led or lcd for this game? I'm leaning led myself which ive never done before

If all your other games are LCD, you may want to stick with it so that the displays will look uniform. If you have one LED display in a row of LCDs, it will stick out like a sore thumb.

#5480 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

What about the spoon for the bottom of the skirt?

It looks like the entire assembly with the spoon, switch and bracket is part #500-9934-01

Stern Pop Bumper (resized).JPGStern Pop Bumper (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Thinking of changing balls.What's the best once to change them with ?

Ball Barron's "Ninja" balls are a great choice for this game since there are no magnets. He's currently running an 18% off sale on the Ninjas and the carbons ...

https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

1 week later
#5582 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Shopping my GB's and these two pieces came off the playfield. Does anyone know where they go?

Those are the plugs for the proton stream holes.

#5591 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Need some help here. I just got a GB about 3 weeks ago. She is working 100% except one weird thing. When i start a game and hit the bank target that spells ghost one time, the slimmer lowers all the way to the playfield and regarless of how many times i hit it, it will never go back up. I have to cut the game off for it to return to the org. spot.

Sounds like your Slimer switch isn't registering hits.

1 week later
#5617 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

When GB started you had a 3d printed part that ensured the wireform was not bend. Later that was solved by Stern. The 3d printed part will block also the red light. I do not know if these are still available.

I believe you are referring to this ...

https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-captive-ball-wireform-support.html

GB wireform support (resized).jpgGB wireform support (resized).jpg
#5636 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Bumping this to see if anyone knows where the other two brackets go (on a premium).

Thanks!

I don't know if these are the same brackets you are referring to, but there is one on each corner of the slingshot plastics near the outlanes ...

GB bracket #1 (resized).jpgGB bracket #1 (resized).jpgGB bracket #2 (resized).jpgGB bracket #2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

One more work day left in the year to get some 2018 love. Amazing how it was teased in Oct 2017, and then all of 2018 happened with nothing. Seeing all of the updates that have happened this year, just in December alone, this is now nothing more but a bad joke.

Gomez specifically said at Expo that GB was due for an update, but it wouldn't happen until 2019.

1 week later
#5682 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Scoleri Bros drop targets are not functioning as often as they were when I first got my pin. At first they were up a lot and now I never even notice them. I've also only seen one of them up, not both.
I ran a test and they worked but now I'm thinking I didn't run the right test. Any recommendations?

Is it possible that you accidentally disabled one of them in the settings?

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would like to see Loopin Supers played on it's own and not stacked with other modes, should be a moment type mode to get to

I literally just came upstairs from playing a game where I got Loopin Supers during multiball. In my opinion, it completely takes all the fun out of the mode when this happens, so I'm glad to he hear Dwight is planning on addressing this. Coincidentally, I started PKE Frenzy during my second multiball. I'd also prefer if this couldn't be stacked either. Some people may like the ability to stack them, though, so ideally there should be an option in the menu for both of them.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3. Are you a God? - First off Dwight said yes he is (good answer lol), never meant to be part of 1.0, putting Are You a God on instruction card was a mistake, doesn't know if it will happen...

I would interpret this as it absolutely will never happen.

#5708 5 years ago

Where can I find the latest sound mixes? I have one that I put on my premium a while back that's a big improvement over the stock music, but there are a few things about it I'm not thrilled with. In particular, I don't like the music used for "Who Brought the Dog?" It starts out strong but then gets very slow and doesn't fit the game very well. I'm also not a fan of the music used during "Spooked Librarian". What I do love is the Bobby Brown music during "We've Got One" and the "Spook Central" music taken directly from the movie. I also love the shooter groove music from the movie. Is there a newer version that still has the stuff I love in it but has the other stuff either original or changed for the better?

#5712 5 years ago

I just installed the ColorDMD in my game a few days ago. While it's not the most impressive colorization I've seen, I still think it's a big improvement over the standard red DMD.

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If you’re comfortable with pinball browser, you can download the custom code and tweak to your liking.

I've messed around with several SAM games, but I've never used Pinball Browser on a Spike game. I've heard it's a bit more complicated.

#5733 5 years ago

And I think the magna-slings are super cool and perfectly fit the theme!

1 week later
#5759 5 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Silly rule question...
When the Pop Bumpers awards - "add 10 seconds", what does that mean? What is it adding 10 seconds to?

I believe it is adding 10 seconds to whatever timed mode is running.

3 weeks later
#5819 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Did the scream come along with a code update at some point? My machine was made in October 2016.
Wondering if it didn't include the latest code and the guy I bought it from didn't update it.

The scream has been there since the beginning and can be turned on and off in the settings.

4 months later
#6548 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The Ecto glasses are neat but aren't all that.

I'm hoping they are used more effectively in the new code.

2 months later
#7255 4 years ago

I changed the end of ball scene setting and I'm much happier. It was nice being able to more easily reach the deeper modes, but being able to advance to the next scene in a ladder without completing the one before it just felt like cheating to me.

#7349 4 years ago

I'm really digging the new code, but there is one thing I'd like to see changed. It kind of bugs me that at the beginning of the game the "Start Scene" skill shot automatically starts WBTD. I'd rather it be changed to a "Qualify Scenes" skill shot, so you can choose which ladder you want to start on.

#7357 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm really digging the new code, but there is one thing I'd like to see changed. It kind of bugs me that at the beginning of the game the "Start Scene" skill shot automatically starts WBTD. I'd rather it be changed to a "Qualify Scenes" skill shot, so you can choose which ladder you want to start on.

Quoted from finnflash:

Which ever ladder you pick as your skill shot, will start that ladder. Not sure what you mean it always starts wbtd?

Quoted from tpir:

Move the skill shot with the flippers dude.

Please ignore my ramblings. I think my brain stopped working for a second.

#7393 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Is it just me, or does the GB operation manual not contain any details on the drop targets assemblies? Does anyone know where I can get some details so I can troubleshoot the drop target?

I believe they are standard Stern drop target mechs. They should be pretty much the same as the drops in every other Stern game.

#7416 4 years ago

I don't like the droopy flippers on this game for two main reasons:

1 - It's more difficult to trap the ball (the game is already hard enough as it is).
2 - You can't easily backhand the left ramp.

#7421 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why is it assumed that a backhand shot should be easy??

I didn't assume anything. I just said I didn't like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.